Leading up to the concert

Voice

 

Practices, practices, practices! And, oh look! Even more practices! The band seriously rocked all day and all night to satisfy their fans. The month ended and in about a week their concert would arrive. “C.N.Blue your concert sold 14,000 tickets!” Their manager screamed out in glee.

“As expected,” Yonghwa boasted as usual. Shinhye flicked his bruise.

“I’m proud,” Ji Won kissed Minhyuk’s cheek.

“Whoa wait are you two…” the band’s manager stared at the two.

“Yeah we are,” Minhyuk intertwined his fingers through Ji Won’s.

“Wow is everyone getting together? Yah Jung Shin! Jonghyun! Who are you guys seeing?” She asked.

“I’m not seeing anyone… yet,” Jung Shin answered.

“I’m 50/50 on that,” Jonghyun answered.

“So basically it’s complicated,” she said.

“Yeah,” the two answered in unison.

“UGH NOW I’M FOREVER ALONE!” She whined.

“Don’t be like Jonghyun,” Yonghwa shook his head.

“Well I guess I shouldn’t complain. You guys are a hot band. Shouldn’t be a surprise you found someone,” she sighed.

“Yup we’re no longer y free, and single like Super Junior!” Minhyuk smiled at his reference.

“Minhyuk you were never y and free. Though you were single,” Yonghwa messed with him. But stopped his laughter after seeing Ji Won’s panther eyes.

“Do any of you need VIPs? Or tickets for any close friend to give to?” Their manager asked.

“Can I give one to my former boss?” Shinhye asked.

“Yeah here you go,” she handed it.

“I need two VIP passes,” Jonghyun ordered.

“For who? Is it that Eun Sun girl?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yeah and her little sister,” he answered.

“Aw how kind of you to consider her sister too,” Shinhye was impressed.

“I need one for Ae Cha,” Jung Shin asked.

“Ah is she the one making your relationship complicated yet again?” The manager handed the pass to him.

“Yeah and soon it won’t be complicated,” he chuckled.

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen all of you boys. I feel like you’ve all changed in a month ever since Shinhye arrived,” their manager observed them.

“She has that effect on people,” Ji Won supported.

“Looks like you didn’t just change me but everyone and everything around here,” Yonghwa intertwined his fingers through hers.

“Yah Eun Sun! Mails here!” Soo Rim came back from fetching it. “I think you’d be happy with this one,” she handed her the VIP pass to C.N.Blue’s concert. There were two. “I’m going too!” Soo Rim cheered.

“Yah you don’t know that yet,” Eun Sun reminded her.

“That’s not fair! If you choose not to go that means I can’t go either?” Her jaw dropped to the earth’s core.

“Since you heard what that babo said. You know the deal. I don’t know yet and if I choose not to, then so do you. Plus you can’t go alone when there will be thousands of people there. It’s too dangerous,” she explained.

“I’ve ran away from you a hundred times! I can take care of myself at a concert! Plus these are VIP passes! Backstage passes. I would be taken straight to Jonghyun myself,” she told her.

“You and your crazy spirit. You got that from dad,” Eun Sun messed up her sister’s bangs.

“And you became a workaholic like mom,” Soo Rim stuck her tongue out.

“Geuman. That’s a bad habit you need to stop doing that,” Eun Sun pointed with her led pencil. She was in the middle of finishing her homework.

“I’ll stop doing it if you go with me to the concert!” Soo Rim hassled with her.

“You little bargainer. Even if I choose not you’ll grow out of that,” Eun Sun looked back at her homework. Though her mind was now elsewhere. After she finished everything and Eun Sun was sound asleep she looked at her VIP pass. It had a picture of the band. She looked straight at Jonghyun. The pass was held by a lanyard for her to wear around her neck. As much as she didn’t want to admit it. That babo was right.

“I guess I do want to take a chance but I don’t want to hurt again,” her thumb caressed the side of his face. In the past or perhaps in every girl’s past. There’s always a heartbreak. She did move on from it for it was in high school. But you never forget your first love.

"That babo, he said he'd call me to let me know." She sighed.

"So you want to hear his voice then?" Soo Rim asked from her bedroom. Her door partially open.

"I thought you were asleep!" Eun Sun exclaimed.

"That's what makes you really different from mom! She knew if I were asleep or not," Soo Rim replied. Eun Sun rolled her eyes as she shut the door. "Yah I'm afraid of the dark!" 

"You have a night light smarty," again she rolled her eyes. Soo Rim was right though. Eun Sun did want to hear his voice... badly. She would be taken straight to Jonghyun with this pass. That ring tone of yours, I'll sing it just for you... she remembered his voice. Like Shinhye with Yonghwa, Jonghyun's voice was silk. 

you guys... this time for real now... next chapter... will be the... last...