Teach me how to swim

Voice

 

“You’re lying!” He exclaimed.

“No I’m not!” She argued with him.

“No way! Nuh uh! You’re like what? 23 years old! And you’ve never learned?” Yonghwa picked on her.

“Well I tried a bunch of times but I always ended up sinking,” Shinhye explained.

“Wae? Your isn’t that big,” he tilted his head to check.

“Yah eyes up!” She snapped at him.

“What is your an anchor or something?” He joked.

“Actually yeah my friends used to tell me that,” Shinhye replied pitying her.

“You know what I’ll teach you how to swim,” he offered. He began undressing randomly.

“Y-Yah! You don’t have to do that!” She wasn’t ready for him to flash her so sudden.

“No I’m determined to make you a pro swimmer by the end of the day, now take off your top.” He ordered her. They were back at the mansion resting on their fold out chairs in front of their pool.

“If five people failed to teach me how to swim I’m sure you will too,” she wasn’t confident in this.

“Please I’m freaking Yonghwa I can do anything,” he carried her bridal style without permission.

“Yah! Mweohaneungeoya! Geu-Geuman! Stop! NOW!” She kicked her feet in the air as they reached the edge of the pool. Her arms wrapped around his neck tightly. The way he carried her changed. Her legs wrapped around his waist with her hands interlocked together behind his neck.

“It’s not even that deep! The deepest is like nine feet,” he reasoned with her.

“No no no! I’m the size of a freaking Barbie doll! Let me down!” She shook her head in disagreement.

“Bad choice of words,” he bent over the edge of the pool lowering her closer to the water.

“Eep! Yonghwa! I’m going to drown!” She screamed out of fear clutching on to him tighter. He sighed at her kid like behavior.

“You’re like a cat afraid of water,” he chuckled carrying her back to the fold out chairs. He rested her to sit down as he faced her sitting on the one next to hers. He placed his hands on top of hers which cupped her knees.

“I’m not afraid of water, I’m afraid of drowning.” She confessed feeling weak at her fear.

“You’re not going to drown I’m here with you,” he assured her with his trusting gaze. He patted her head then took her hand to lead her to the pool.

“I’m in still in my clothes,” she pulled her hand back.

“Would you like me to undress you too?” He asked seductively.

“No! Stay away,” she warned with a fist waving at him. He rolled his eyes as he turned around facing the pool. He didn’t see why it mattered if he saw her undress. He’d see her in bikini mode if she went to the beach anytime. Once in her underwear and bra she stood next to him nervous.

“Ready?” He asked patiently.

“Oh wait I forgot something inside-!” She tried to run away but s his arm around her waist spinning her around.

“Nope we’re going in!” He splashed into pool bringing her down with him. Icy temperatures hit their skin for the first couple of minutes. After a while they adapted to it. As soon as the two resurfaced to air she spit out pool water from . Her hearing restored she heard Yonghwa laugh his head off. “Yah! That was uncalled for!” She pushed his muscular chest.

“That was fun!” He placed his hands on her hips underwater.

“Whatever,” she scowled at him. Here at this level was fine. They were only at four feet so both could stand up straight.

“Come on,” he took her hand leading her to the deep.

“No I like it over here,” she refused to go further.

“Come on Shinhye I’m teaching you how to swim,” he placed her arms to rest around his shoulders. He positioned her as if he gave her a piggy back ride. She didn’t dare let go of him. Drowning, losing breath and the possibility to never wake up again dug into her skin. Vision blacking out and muffled voices calling out to her. Horrible feeling. “You’re choking me,” he woke her up from her thoughts.

“Oh mianhye!” She let go of him startled. As soon as her grip disappeared she freaked out. Trying to reach for him but her was an anchor. “YONG-“she screamed his name. He caught her back pushing it up to force her to lie on her back. Trying to make her float. But Shinhye kept squirming around.

“Calm the down woman! I’m trying to teach you how to float first! You have to stay still and calm your body,” he told her. But her body still shook scared of losing her breath. He noticed how scared she seemed. His hand pushed her hair away from her face; he softly placed a kiss on her forehead. “I’m here with you,” he reminded her. Looking into his eyes she knew she can trust him. Whenever she began to sink he would push her back up. After a mere five minutes Shinhye floated on her back all on her own.

“I’m doing it! I’m swimming!” She exclaimed.

“You’re not swimming yet you’re only lying down,” he chuckled seeing how excited she was to accomplish a simple task.

“Still I’ve failed at all the times my friends attempted to teach me,” she breathed in deeply letting the sun soak her face.

“Alright now that you can float I’ll really teach you how to swim,” he positioned her to follow his movements. A day in the sun was really fun. Shinhye actually learned how to swim for the first time that day. Thanks to a not so bad guy after all.

“Kamsahamnida,” she bowed her head in respect.

“Want to see who can hold their breath longer underwater?” He challenged her. After getting over her fear of drowning she smiled.

“Sure,” she drew in a fist size of breath into her lungs. The two of them faced each other sitting on the pool floor. Five…10, 11, 12… seconds went by. Shinhye couldn’t take it anymore opened half way. Bubbles escaped from the two of them as they rose up to the surface. “I lost,” she pushed her hair up gasping for air. Yonghwa had this smirk on his face. “What?”

“Loser, try again!” He didn’t wait for her to reply. He disappeared into the water again. Rolling her eyes Shinhye drew in more air than earlier. Underwater Yonghwa literally pulled her down mischievously. Shinhye almost opened for breath again but was stopped in time. Yonghwa placed his lips on hers as his hands pulled her face closer to his. His hands cupped her cheeks as he deepened the kiss. Her eyes closed automatically as her arms wrapped around his waist. The most interesting kiss the two ever experienced. Their mouths contained some water but instead of tasting pool water. They only tasted the sweetness of each other. Slowly they rose up together still embracing in a kiss. After breaking off for well-deserved air blush tinted their cheeks. “The funny thing is we’re not supposed to be here. I’m way past my 10 minute break from recording session,” he laughed.

She laughed along too but punched his arm for being a bad band leader.