Daily Life

Voice

 

“What are you up to?” Yonghwa asked Shinhye. She was dressed rather casual but ready to go somewhere.

“School,” she answered.

“How will you be going back there?” He asked as if he didn’t know a thing.

“Well last night I suddenly received a call from my professor telling me that everything has been cleared. That a certain someone got me back my tuition as if nothing happened. To catch up I just need to either stay after or come earlier to class.” She answered knowing the obvious truth.

“Did he say anything about this kind stranger?” Yonghwa asked stepping forward to her.

“He did say he sounded like a creeper. A stalker even,” she smirked. Her answer completely opposite from what he expected.

“What the ? I told him to tell you that it was someone close and someone you could always turn to!” He exclaimed.

“Calm down I’m only joking. He did tell me that,” she playfully slapped his arm.

“I mean it too. You can always turn to me. Anything you need. I’m right here. I’ll always be here for you.” He placed his hands on her arms wanting to fall deeper into her eyes.

“Aw look who’s becoming as corny as his songs,” she pinched his cheeks.

“Yah! I’m being serious here. Not just because I’m your slave for a month. I mean it.” He said.

“Looks like I’m stuck with you then,” she giggled as he poked her stomach.

“Way more than you know it,” he chuckled. She began heading to the exit off to school. She looked back hesitantly. “What are you waiting for? You want a ride or something?” He asked.

“Well yes, but I just thought that you’d want to give me a ride. You’re always so protective of me against some anti- fans,” she mentions.

“Nah, you can take care of those es yourself,” he waved.

“Right you are,” she waved back. Walking alone to school like old times. She enjoyed the sunlight kissing her arms as she carelessly swung them. Feels like old times. Funny though, it wasn’t so long ago. A time when she didn’t know Yonghwa the way she does now. So many things happened in such little time. A month and a half has passed. In that much time she felt herself grow stronger.

On her short trek some fans waved and asked for pictures. As usual the anti-fans glared. She ignored them easily. When she’d go on the bus she would stick her tongue out at them. “If I see pictures of me like this in some magazine… that would be awesome,” she admitted to herself.

“Shinhyessi you’re here bright and early,” her professor greeted her.

“Yeah I need to catch up don’t I?” She asked.

“Great, let’s get started.” He began previous lessons.

Meanwhile…

“So Jonghyun I noticed you were gone for a whole day yesterday,” Ji Won mentions.

“People actually noticed my absence?” He swallowed the last of his breakfast.

“Where were you?” Minhyuk ignored his remark.

“Drinking to my heart’s content, bought some of the good stuff from a guy on a street corner, and I got laid a few times in the back of my car.” He always wanted to hide the truth with some lame jokes. It wouldn’t be bad if they found out he helped a couple of strangers out the entire day. He would just be tired of them gawking at him. Saying wow you’re a kind soul after all. Will you feed my cat? Or some like that.

“You know what? I would actually believe that except for the last part.” Jung Shin said.

“What, you don’t think I could get laid?” Jonghyun felt offended even if this were a lie.

“I don’t think you could get a phone number,” Jung Shin challenged him.

“Oh you don’t say?” Jonghyun held up his new cell phone screen to his eyes. Showing him the number of the cell he gave Eun Sun. His new cell is an exact replica of the phone he gave her. He felt more connected this way. Plus he liked the phone style.

“Hyung this is your number,” Jung Shin told him.

“What a fail,” Ji Won told him.

“Agreed,” Minhyuk added.

“No you guys don’t get it. I gave my cell phone away to this girl I met. Now this is her number,” he explained.

Ji Won snorted at the sound of it. “Whoa wait you just gave your cell phone away to some girl you just met? Wow! You’re really desperate,” she continued laughing. Minhyuk laughed along with her realizing the way it sounds.

“I didn’t know you were that upset when you said you were alone,” Jung Shin pondered about this for a while.

“Did the girl actually say she didn’t have a cell phone? You got played hyung!” Minhyuk pointed and laughed like a five year old. Jonghyun felt irritated at his friends. He still didn’t want to tell the truth. The lifestyle of Eun Sun and her little sister Soo Rim. He felt it wouldn’t be right talking about other people’s problems.

“How about I call her and you guys listen to her on speakerphone? Just don’t say anything.” He said. Jonghyun hoped she was at least on break at her job. Or on a break in her studies. The phone was at least ringing. She didn’t answer. But her voicemail did. Surprised, the four of them listen to her recorded voicemail. Eun Sun changed it for herself.

“Yeobeoseyo? Mianhye I’m not here right now. The only person I know to call is you Jonghyun. I can’t speak to you anymore. Not because I’m working or I’m in school. I realize that you’re very famous. I watched all of your music videos. I researched you and I’ve read and seen a lot. I really like your voice by the way. You’ve been very kind to me ever since the moment I met you. Kamsahamnida for making Soo Rim smile again. And for making me smile again. We can’t see each other anymore. We can’t meet anymore. For your lifestyle wouldn’t make sense with mine. I hope you understand. Kamsahamnida. Anyoung.” The tone beeped and it was ready to record a message.

“Hyung are you-“ Minhyuk was cut off.

Jonghyun raised his hand to silence him. He hurried into his bedroom to record the message.

“Yah Eun Sun! I understand that you’re working hard 24/7 but that doesn’t mean I can’t know you! You said yourself that Soo Rim hasn’t smiled like that in forever. Ever since I came along to help out. You admitted to me that I made you smile. Don’t you want to feel that happiness? I know you felt something. I felt something too. I want to see you and you may not want to see me. But it’s only because you’re afraid. Our lives may be very different. But I’m still me. I’m still the guy you got to meet and know for a whole day. Everything I said and everything I did. That was purely me. I understand completely but that doesn’t mean this is goodbye.” He ended the call.

Meanwhile…

“So what do you think of his mystery girl?” Ji Won asked the two guys.

“I think he just got dumped,” Minhyuk answered.

“Not gently but he got dumped,” Jung Shin agreed.

“When is getting dumped ever gentle? It won’t stop the hurt,” Ji Won spoke up. Her tone surprised Minhyuk. Letting him find out little details of her past.

“That’s right. I say we just steer clear of Jonghyun for a while. Give him some time to move on,” Jung Shin advised. He was the smart one.

“Did you look at him when he listened to the voicemail? Seems like it’s going to be long till he moves on,” Ji Won points out.

“Where’s Yonghwa?” Minhyuk tried to change the subject.

“He went after Shinhye after he told her he wouldn’t.” Jung Shin rolled his eyes. That couple didn’t have great communication skills. In every relationship he was involved in, he knew what to say. He would actually be crowned king of boyfriends. If only he wasn’t a player.

“I think he loves her way more than she loves him,” Minhyuk admits.

“I don’t know about that. I’m her best friend. I watched her fall in love and she fell hard,” Ji Won said.

“I watched too. Even though it hurt when I was falling hard. But not anymore! Trust me!” Jung Shin stated.

“To be honest I sort of had feelings for Shinhye,” Minhyuk admitted.

“What?” Ji Won squeezed his hand. HARD.

“I said HAD!” Minhyuk felt the pain decrease.

“Jeongmal? When?” Jung Shin asked.

“I don’t know? I guess when I first saw her in the limo. When she was just talking and being herself. I thought she was really pretty and she’s really cool. So I kind of liked her. That is until I met you,” he faced Ji Won.

“Aw thanks babe,” she punched his arm. He mouthed the word OW and faked a smile to her.

“You think Jonghyun ever liked her too?” Jung Shin asked.

“Maybe. But right now he’s crushing hard on someone else,” Minhyuk sighed. The three were lazily talking it up that day. 

Sorry this chapter was boring... I don't know I feel like it is... but I'll post it anyway as a sort of filler! DON'T WORRY! I will do better! I've been through a lot lately sooo my creative juices/energy has been out of me... I'll try to update more often too...