One more on her side

Voice

"What are you going to do now? Won't they question about your school? Like how come you're not going," Ji Won asked.

"I'll make up a lie that I took a break from school. But for now I'll pretend I'm going to school because I have to pick up my clothes from the owner of my old job," Shinhye replied. 

"Araso! I'll be home same time as always!" Ji Won left for her office job. The two would both work but Ji Won had the harder job. She was into business while Shinhye still studied in the medical field. 

"I'll drop you off to school," Yonghwa offered Shinhye. 

"No I'm alright Yonghwa! Remember last time I went on my own? I did just fine," she assured him. 

"Yeah because last time you cried over a drink," he used sarcasm. 

"I'll be back before you know it," she smiled. This routine worked out well. Her smile controlled him. As long as she looked happy he was convinced. 

"You better be back quick," he decided not to follow her this time. He wanted to trust she'll be okay on her own. No matter how much it killed him. As soon as the coast was clear, Shinhye let out a huge sigh leaving the mansion. 

"Now I have to walk there," she groaned out. Jungshin noticed from the rooftop Shinhye left on her own. He followed her on an impulse. 

On Shinhye's journey it was just like before. Anti fans verbally abused her as she kept her head down from the crowds. Jungshin saw the scenes, he wanted to prevent them but Shinhye just made it into a clothing store. He wore his sunglasses and covered up just like Yonghwa had before. He stalked professionally heading to a corner of the store. Shinhye was speaking to the worker at the cash register. He eavesdropped on them. 

"What? I can't believe it!" She exclaimed.

"Yes so now Ji Wonssi has to stay with me at the band's home," Shinhye replied.

"What an awful woman! After the work I went through to get you dolled up that day to meet her," the woman crossed her arms. 

"Yah unnie that's not the issue here. But speaking of clothes can I get mine from the back?" Shinhye asked. 

"Oh it's right here in my drawer," the woman pulled up a plastic bag. 

"Kamsaheyo unnie," Shinhye bowed quick.

"I wish you good luck Shinhyessi. Women like that are very persistent," the woman warned her. 

Jungshin wasn't exactly sure what they were talking about. But he knew he was right about the apartment issue. Something was up. A man in a suit entered the shop. "Oh you again!" Shinhye smiled as she waved at him. Jungshin had no idea who this man was.

"Shinhyessi you're here too. I'm sorry to do this but I have bad news to deliver to the store owner," her personal from before greeted the two. 

"Wae? What is the problem ahjussi?" Her friend asked.

"This property has now been bought out. You no longer own this area or this shop." He answered. 

"Wh-What?! I've owned this store for as long as I can remember! I worked my off for this spot!" The owner clutched her heart in shock. Hearing such news brought waterfalls to her eyes. 

"It's her isn't it? Just because I know her? Because I have any association with her?" Shinhye comforted her friend. The owner cried uncontrollably, this store was her life's work. 

"Yes Shinhyessi. Jesonghabnida you have until five to gather your personal belongings and to leave the premises." He added. Her sobs grew stronger. Jungshin stepped forward. He still wasn't sure of the situation but he wasn't going to stand around and watch. 

"Everything. I'll buy it all back for her," he spoke to the man.

"Jungshinssi," Shinhye was lost for words. How could she not have noticed him earlier? He followed her?

"It is a very high price to pay-"

"I'll pay it, whatever the amount is." Jungshin didn't hesitate. 

"Araso. I'll let them know," the man left the store on his cell. 

"Kamsahamnida!" The owner bowed her head truly grateful. 

"Jungshinssi how did you know I was here?" Shinhye stayed by her friend's side. 

"I should be asking the questions around here. First, who was that man?" Jungshin pressed on. Shinhye did her best to take in deep breathes. If she tells Jungshin the situation, he'll for sure tell Yonghwa. "Don't lie to me," he watched her in silence. She brainstormed in front of him. 

"You have to promise not to tell Yonghwa about any of this," she demanded firstly.

"Wae? What do you have to hide from him?" 

"If he finds out, everything will be ruined because of me." Shinhye looked down to the floor still hesitant in dishing out everything. Jungshin wrapped his fingers around her wrist forcing her to leave the store. He led her to his car, they drove to a beach. The sun kissed their pale arms, cheeks, and the back of their necks. Their tushies rested on the hood of his car. 

"Now that we have privacy, you'll be telling me the truth." He spoke up as he gazed at the glimmering sea. His black sunglasses shields his bowling ball eyes as he patiently waited for an answer. 

"Yonghwa's omma...hates me," she summed it up. 

"You met his mom?" Jungshin turned to her shocked actually. 

"She wanted to meet me, so I did! I thought she wanted to get to know me at first because I'm going out with her son! But no! She already did her research on me and-!" 

"She wants to end your relationship," he stopped her blabbering. 

"Yes, she wants to do exactly that." Shinhye's shoulders slumped with her head hanging with them. 

"Your apartment and the store is all of her doing," Jungshin clarified. 

"Yes," she replied glumly.

"And she has complete power over you," he added.

"Yes," she sighed.

"Now life ," he said.

"Yes...you're not making it any better," she glared at him. 

"Do you have any plan at all at least?" He asked. 

"I...I told her...I promised myself that I will protect him. No matter what she takes away from me, I'll be there for him. I'll be happy so he'll be happy. But today she...she was going to ruin someone else because she knew me!" Shinhye sat up aggravated. 

"Looks like she found your weakness," Jungshin told her.

"What is that?" Shinhye didn't find this weakness to be a 'weakness'. 

"Caring for others," he chuckled.

"That's not a weakness, it's common courtesy." She squinted at the ground in thought how twisted this woman could be. Though she knew Yonghwa's mother hated her now, she couldn't dislike her back. "I don't know her well as she knows me...I don't want her to disapprove me though," Shinhye hated the situation.

"Then get her to approve you," Jungshin smiled. 

"Get her to approve me! Kamsahamnida Jungshinssi!" She wrapped her arms around his waist in delight. A wise idea from the wise member of the group. Jungshin placed his arms around her as well. He knew to her this hug meant nothing more than a thanks to a friend. But to him, it meant a lot.