Best friend on her side

Voice

"I forgot to ask you what our landlord told you," Ji Won hung her clothes in the closet. 

"It turns out we didn't pay our rent on time after all," Shinhye lied.

"Excuse me? No nuh uh I turned it in just last week! I remember!" Ji Won exclaimed. 

"Well she told me you didn't," Shinhye tried to keep the lie alive. 

"No way I remember exactly that day!" Ji Won reached in her purse for her cell. Shinhye snatched it away running into her personal bathroom. With the door locked Ji Won pounded on it. "Shinhye what are you doing?" She asked.

"Are you planning to call the landlord?" Shinhye asked through the door. 

"Yes, now give me my phone back!" Ji Won jiggled the door knob. Shinhye kept her back to the wall with her hands joined together around the phone. There was no response. Shinhye didn't know if she should tell her or not. What has been eating her away for more than 24 hours now. "Shinhye! Is there something you're not telling me?" Ji Won pressed her left ear to the door. Trying to make out whatever sound she might have missed. Nope. No response. Shinhye took in deep breaths, trying to calm herself the way Jungshin taught her. But it wasn't working. "I thought you were my best friend. No, I thought you were my sister. I thought we can tell each other everything! But I guess not," Ji Won made sure her voice got through to her. 

"I...It's his mom," Shinhye choked out as her back slid down the door. Her hit the creamy white tiles, with her knees to her chest and her forehead hitting her knuckles. 

"His mom?" Ji Won listened carefully. Again no response. Shinhye did unlock the door, she took two steps back ready for her friend to storm in. Ji Won didn't storm in. She opened the door slowly in case Shinhye still kept her back to it. She walked in seeing her friend look broken. No words were said. Ji Won wrapped her friend in a bear hug. No matter how fragile she seemed, she knew her friend needed this. 

The girls composed themselves, they sat in criss cross opposite of each other on her bed. "Are you serious? His mother told you all of that?" Ji Won's jaw dropped. 

"Now she hates me. Along with the rest of the world," Shinhye pouted.

"What? The world doesn't hate you Shinhye," Ji Won corrected her.

"You sure? It feels like it nowadays," she sighed leaning on her elbows. 

"That kicking us out of our own home. Just because she has power over us," Ji Won growled. 

"Jesongheyo, it's because of me." Shinhye apologized.

"No it's not. You're not the one who wanted to get hit by an idiot speeder. You're not the one who wanted to fall in love." Ji Won caressed her cheek motherly. 

"I didn't say I was in-"

"Shh it's obvious okay? What we need to do is tell your boyfriend about his crazy mom," Ji Won began to leave her side. Shinhye sat up pulling her friend's wrist. 

"No no no! You can't do that! If he finds out, then his mom will definitely ruin him! Knowing Yonghwa he'd rather give up all of this because of me. I don't want that," she pleaded her friend. 

"Then what do you plan to do? Just sit on your smiling everyday. Shinhye this woman took away our home, your job and your classes! You realize you can't become a nurse without the education first? Sure you'll apply at another school, but we need money for that. Even if you do get in, that will it up." Ji Won sat back down trying to make her see reason. 

"She can take as much as she wants from me. But not from the people I love," she looked around their room. 

"Fine I won't tell anybody. As long as you're okay then I'm okay. You better be okay then!" Ji Won warned her friend.

"I'm more than okay! This is my way of protecting him," Shinhye smiled handing her friend's cell back to her. 

"I guess we'll get through this then. You know what in a way his mom kicking us out, isn't such a bad thing. I get to live with you again and see C.N.Blue in their natural habitat!" Ji Won went off to dreamland.

"Kamsaheyo Ji Wonssi you're daebak!" Shinhye smiled as the two friends hugged. 

"Tell me something I don't know," she chuckled.