Breakup?

Voice

 

“Ae Cha, are you able to set up a meeting with Yonghwa’s omma for me?” Shinhye called.

“Yes I am. Are you going to prove yourself to her now?” She asked.

“We’ll see,” she replied.

Ae Cha promised she’d call back to clarify if a meeting was possible today. In the meantime Shinhye walked to her old workplace. The clothing store ‘Papaya’. “Eonnie!” She called to her former boss.

“Ah Shinhyessi anyong! How are you so far?” She gave her a quick squeeze.

“So far life has been complete hell,” she sighed resting her head on her elbows. The owner was just finishing up counting the money for today’s profits. When she’d finish counting the cha-ching she would close up shop and call it a day.

“Wae? His mom still giving you hell or is his son giving you hell now?” She asked.

“More like I’ve been giving everyone hell making my life hell and everything is just feeling like…hell,” she rolled her eyes at the word hell.

“I don’t suppose I could be of any assistance,” she offered.

“It will be fine eonnie I’m going to get through this I hope. I need to talk to his mom again and then I have to talk to him,” she slumped down. Now her head rested on the counter.

“Talk to him about what? Is it the truth? You should have given that talk once you found out his mom was a ,” she advised.

“I know that. But I have my reasons why. He doesn’t even know that I met her,” she thought of how honest she was with him.

“Whatever happens Shinhye just know I’m here for you. And tell your other guy friend Jung Shin that I’m very grateful that he saved my store.” She pets her head.

“Jung Shin… I’ll be sure to eonnie. And kamsahamnida for being daebak!” She gave her thumbs up. Her cell rang making her stand up straight.

“Ae Cha?” She answered.

“Uh it’s Yonghwa,” he actually called her.

“Oh! Yonghwassi,” she answered. There were a few moments of silence. Finally she couldn’t take it, “Yonghwa jesong-“

“Come home I need to talk to you,” he cut her off then hung up right after.

“Yonghwassi-“she didn’t have the chance to tell him sorry.

“I’ll be leaving now eonnie! I need to straighten things out,” she bowed to her former boss. Shinhye rode the bus home. A sigh of relief came seeing the bus 99 percent empty. She hoped her boyfriend offered to pick her up. But she understood knowing how the circumstances were now. Going home she noticed that Jung Shin’s car was still absent.

“Yonghwa?” She called out as she entered the mansion. She stopped in her path once entering the living room. There was luggage, hers and Ji Won’s. Yonghwa stood next to it waiting for her to speak. “What is this?” She asked.

“You need to leave,” he stated.

“I need to leave? I thought we were going to talk this over! Yonghwa I have no feelings for Jung Shin! None at all!” She pleaded walking forward.

“Explain why you’ve been going on dates behind my back! He told me he loves you! You two must have gotten pretty close for him to feel this way!” He looked straight in her eyes.

“I what? We never went on any dates behind your back!” She defended herself.

“Shinhye please just stop lying to me. I know you were attracted to him before and I just can’t be with someone I feel I can’t trust.” Yonghwa was breaking under the atmosphere. But he kept his posture. He knew if he pushed her toward Jung Shin then she’ll have that smile on her face. This way he could protect her.

“You don’t trust me? I trust you with all my heart! I never once thought you were unfaithful! Even knowing the type of person you are! I knew you would never cheat on me! Why can’t you feel the same way?” She felt tears run down her cheeks.

“I’ve seen the way you’re with Jung Shin. I’ve seen the way he looks at you. He is the only one in the band you can take seriously right? Your words, not mine. He loves you. I wish you two happiness.” he handed the luggage to her. Shinhye slapped his hand away from handing her the roller bags. “Take your and leave! Leave with him!” He yelled.

“I told you I have no feelings for him!” She yelled back.

“And I told you he does! Because of that I can’t let it go unnoticed. Shinhye I just can’t be with you. I wish I didn’t meet you. I’m sorry for hitting you with my car which started all of this. I never wanted any of this,” he meant his words.

“You think I wanted a relationship? You think I wanted to hurt this badly? I never knew I’d care so much for all of you! For Kang Minhyuk, Lee Jonghyun, Lee Jung Shin! Even your funny secretary!” She fought through her tears. Yonghwa began to speak but was cut off. “Especially you! I hated you! Once I met you not once did I think I would feel this way about you! I didn’t know I’d love every little detail of you. The way you’re not afraid to speak your mind even if it would be too blunt. The way you care so much for your fans whether they’re good or anti you keep up a façade so you’re perfect for them! The way you’re always thinking highly of yourself instead of thinking negatively. And when you enjoy your passion! Your love for singing! Your voice always draws me in, hearing you. I can never hurt. Even though you’re breaking up with me right now… Hearing you with me. Being here with you. Standing in the same room with an actual person that doesn’t make me feel alone. Makes me feel like unlike any other. Someone that I’ve fallen deep in love with.” The water works were working against her. Yonghwa pushed through the fallen luggage. He closed the distance between the two of them.

His arms pulled the back of her waist toward his body. Her chin rested on his right shoulder, his right hand the back of her head. His other arm wrapped around her shoulder. “You love me?” His voice broke. The almighty Yonghwa shed tears.

“I love you,” she confessed wrapping her arms around his waist.

“I believe you. You don’t have any feelings for Jung Shin even though he does for you. I can trust you and to think this way I won’t be hurting you. this hurts even more!” He embraced her with true passion. The two never wanted to let go. But he released her to wipe her eyes. She wiped his as well. “You’re the only person in my life who is able to make me cry like this,” he told her.

“You too,” she sniffed.

“I am so sorry for almost making the biggest mistake of my life. I should have never let her words get to me. Those pictures though!” He shook his head.

“Pictures?” She asked.

“My mother showed me pictures of you two together at the mall. She has been messing with my head. If you ever meet her which I won’t allow don’t listen to any she says. It’s one of her skills that she can make you agree with her.” He finished wiping her tears.

“Yonghwa I don’t want to lie to you anymore… I have been meeting with your mother for the past week now. She hates me because she believes I will bring you down from the success you’re living off from. That I’m hurting you and it’s true!” She felt hot tears flow from her eyes with every word.

“Bring me down? That ! You’re not hurting me Shinhye I’ve been hurting you. Your scars have been fading but they should have never existed,” he caressed her cheek where one scar resides.

“It is true. C.N. Blue split because of me! She said she will take away your band if I didn’t already! And I did! Every fan hates me and-“

“Look you can’t help it if two guys are attracted to you. And she can’t take away my band because it’s my band! Not every fan hates you! If you managed to get two members of C.N. Blue to fall in love with you then you’re going to get the world to fall in love with you.” He continued to wipe her tears.

“You’re in love with me?” She smiled through her sniffles and tears. In so long a smile that was meant for him shown.

“Babo! Of course I’m in love with you! How can I not be? You, the only one in the world made me cry. You made me want to be a better person through your actions. Seeing you care for others other than yourself. Forgiving others, especially me. I’m becoming more like that guy on the T.V. because of you. Because of you I’m not alone anymore. You changed me. You I guess I can say made a better me.” He smiled watching her expression change warmer.

“I took you off your high throne,” she chuckled.

“No you didn’t. You're sitting right beside me,” he finished wiping her tears.