What's to be expected?

Voice

"Jesongheyo I didn't know it would take that long," he pulled away from her to see her face. Yonghwa noticed lines of scars on her cherry cheeks, bruises still fading on her neck. The last feature of her he noticed was her smile. 

"Are you doing okay?" She asked worried. Shinhye could see his observant eyes. He was acting rather strange, something happened at the studio. 

"Of course I am! I'm doing just fine! Let's watch the movie," he took her hand heading to the couch. I may have laid it on too thick. He thought to himself.

"Araso, if you say so." She didn't want to argue with him. Watching the movie again but with her actual boyfriend wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. More than half of the time Shinhye watched Yonghwa. His eyes were on the screen but he wasn't actually watching. It was a blank stare. But instead of an empty mind she knew he had tons of thoughts running through his head. "What are you thinking about?" She nudged him gently. Careful not to shock him from his thoughts. 

"Uh the movie," he lied as he pointed at the screen.

"Oh yea? Then what happened?" She asked. 

"It means the chamber of secrets has been opened," Harry spoke up.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened," Yonghwa repeated right after.

"If there's something bothering you, then understand that I'm here for you. Whatever it is, you can tell me." She looked up into his eyes looking for a sign to know he accepts her help. "Let me help you," she felt useless. She hated that. The atmosphere felt thick enough to turn into fog. Fog that would block the two from seeing each other. To the point they would desperately search for the other. This awkwardness was created by him though. She needed him to open up. Yonghwa looked away breaking eye contact as though her words meant nothing. When it really did mean the world to him. 

"Nothings wrong, lets keep watching the movie." He rejected her help. Now Shinhye was really scared. But she kept faith in him that maybe it really was nothing. His blank stare never left her mind as they finished the movie. She fell asleep at the . The movie was played for no audience that time. Shinhye's head rested on his shoulder, the same position with Jungshin from earlier. Yonghwa didn't care that Harry had to defeat a monsterous snake that chilled in the bowels of a wizard school. He felt he had bigger issues going on. His mother's words replayed through his head. As much as he hated it he knew she had a valid point. 

Looking down at his girlfriend was hard. She looked so peaceful, he didn't want to disturb her. With such a light touch he carried her bridal style to her room. After tucking her in he couldn't bring himself to leave immediately. He stood there watching this angel dream. There's more than enough reasons to prove I don't deserve her. 

Looking at her became difficult. He would see flashes of her injured body on the road caused by him. The time of the car crash, and the time of their failed first date. Her nervous, shallow breathing, pale as a dead body expression when the paparazzi ambushes her. Anti fans bashing on her every detail. Rumors, lies about this angel that puts up with his crap. He breahed in deeply trying to push negative thoughts out. But there was just too much truth in them. At first he wanted to place a kiss on her forehead for a sweet goodnight. But now he felt that even his slightest touch at this moment. Would break her. Silently he left her room praying that her dream would be a world made just for her. She deserves it.

" my life," he laid in his bed staring at the ceiling for answers. But answers to what questions? "What the do I do?" He asked himself. Flashes of Jungshin taking care of Shinhye appeared. His skin boiled at the flashbacks. Jungshin being close to her, giving her better comfort than he ever gave, he even took care of her today. "He really would be a better option," he growled. 

"..there will be consequences," she smiled wickedly.

He remembered his mother's threats toward her. "I'll be there for her," he stated before falling into his world of dreams. Nightmares actually about a girl's life breaking due to a certain rockstar. 

Next day!

"Surprise guys! I have to go to school today!" Shinhye served the last of the bacon strips onto Minhyuk's plate.

"What do you mean? You're still in high school?!" Minhyuk gasped.

"No babo!" Jonghyun smacked the back of his head. "She's in college," he continued.

"What are you interested in?" Jungshin asked.

"Being a nurse. It pays well and I want to be useful to those who can't help themselves." She answered. 

"You don't need a job, we can support you!" Minhyuk stuffed his mouth with the rest of his breakfast.

"No I don't want that. I'd feel more independent for earning my own money," she replied quick. 

"Let the woman have her rights," Jonghyun sang with a tad bit of vibrato put in. 

"Kamsahamnida Jonghyunssi," she giggled.

"Well in that case do you need a ride?" Jungshin offfered.

"No thanks I want to relive the old times I went to school. I used to buy my favorite drink Calpico in this soda machine that was right next to my bus stop." She remembered. 

"Do you miss your old life?" Minhyuk asked.

"Well kind of. But it's much better now with you three," she smiled feeling corny. 

"AND me! Of course your own boyfriend doesn't get recognition!" Yonghwa woke up late.

"Oh you're up early," she acted sarcastic. 

"Ha ha you're so funny," he said in a monotone voice as he messed with her hair. 

"Yah! I need to look presentable! I'm going to school after such a long time," she tried to place every strand back into place.

"Wae? I hate school," Yonghwa yawned.

"Well that's your opinion. Some people have aspirations in life that they didn't fulfill yet. Now if you will excuse me I'll be leaving. Anyoung!" She waved heading to the door. Yonghwa spit out his orange juice realizing something. He ran beating her to the door. "What do you want?" 

"Babo! You can't leave without me driving you there," he blocked the doors.

"Look I'm just going to school like old tmes," she tried to get past him.

"Well its not old times anymore. It's Yonghwa times so go back to your room, wear sunglasses and maybe a hoodie while you're at it." He ordered her.

"Micheoseo!" She tried to get past him again but he spun her around lifting her over his shoulder. "Wh-What are you doing?!" 

"You're at least wearing sunglasses! We don't want people to bother you," he placed her in her room as he looked for a pair of sunglasses. Yonghwa made her change her top to a plain gray hoodie and forced tacky sunglasses over her eyes. 

"I look stupid," she glared at him. 

"No you look like you're going to school. Now let's go," he walked with her to the door.

"Stop!" She placed her hand in front of his chest. "I'm going to school, not you." She exited the house with him following behind. 

"Neo michyeosseo? (Are you crazy?) The anti fans, paparazzi, and other crazies are out there." He gestured to the outside.

"Yeah you mean the world. I can't hide from the world! No matter how much I'd like to sometimes. I need to face it someday and that day is today. I'm going to school," she walked away expecting him to argue but he didn't. Instead he followed her in his car from a fair distance.