Hangover

Voice

His hands still cupping her blushing cheeks, he deepened the kiss. Shinhye’s eyes fluttered closed not sure if she were doing it right. This was her first kiss. At the start of it their lips were only touching each other now Yonghwa gently forced to open. Everything felt natural as he slid his tongue in. Shinhye’s body had a mind of its own. Her hand that rested on his chest slid up to rest on the back of his neck. Everything felt hazy as though the air was foggy and thick. The taste was so addicting like candy. Like a little girl having that first piece of chocolate she would devour the whole chocolate bar. Even though the need for air was required they didn’t release each other. Were fireworks going off? Oh wait that was the thunder. The two felt as though they’ve been struck by lightning. But they were inside so they knew it wasn’t possible. Finally the two broke off gasping for air. Shinhye didn’t open her eyes not sure of what to find in front of her. She wasn’t sure if any of this were real. Yonghwa’s eyes stayed closed as well exhausted from the alcohol and the kiss. Their foreheads rested on each other but he slid off falling collapsing onto her. “Yonghwa!” She yelped as his weight crashed onto her. He fell forward as she fell back. Her head hit her drawer knocking her out. The alcohol up everyone’s energy tonight. 

Next Morning...

"Ughhh, what a headache..." Yonghwa rubbed his temples as his eyes squinted. The sunlight that cracked through the curtain openings blinded his eyes. He looked down to see what his weight rested on. "S-Shinhyessi," he looked down at her sleeping so soundly. 

Shinhye never looked so at peace before. Usually whenever she was around him, she was scowling or glaring. "What happened last night?" He asked himself staring at her angelic face. His eyes traced down to her lips. A quick memory flashed in his head remembering booms of thunder. Flashes of lights in the dark room and something about Shinhye being so close..."Whatever, I can remember later.." he laid back down on his back. He purposely took her right arm to rest on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. The two slept peacefully for another hour. 

 

After a well amount of rest Shinhye finally regained consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open showing at first a blurred vision of someone’s face. But rubbing her eyes her vision cleared up. Yonghwa’s face was in close proximity with hers. “Ah!” She gasped finding herself in such a position. His arms were secured around her as her right hand rested on his bare chest. “W-What happened?” She whispered to herself. Her eyes rested on his face getting a good look at his features. He never looked so at peace before. Usually around her he rolled his eyes or wouldn’t take her seriously. She had to admit he was a looker. “Y-Yonghwassi,” she spoke so softly tracing the outlines of his face. He was smiling in his dreams. Her finger reached the corner of his lips. A memory flashed through her head of last night. Booms of thunder played as flashes of lightning lit the darkened room. 
 
“Y-You hate it when I cry?” 
 
“Yeah,” he replied.
 
“EEERK!” Thunder boomed stopping her heart as she wrapped her arms around him. 
 
“Y-Yonghwassi...” their faces closed in on each other…
 
“ACK!” Shinhye slapped her hands on stopping her yelp. Can’t be! Can’t be! Can’t be! Shinhye repeatedly screamed in her head. Yonghwa’s eyes began 
to open feeling her tense up under his arms. 
 
“Good morning sweetie,” he smiled at her beet red face. Shinhye realized he was shirtless lying next to her under covers. They couldn’t possibly have… 
 
“Shinhyessi I have soup prepared for your hangover-!” Minhyuk entered her room unannounced. He stopped in his tracks seeing the two on the floor wrapped in a blanket. Yonghwa’s arms were caressing her skin as Shinhye held a shocked expression in her big brown eyes. “HYUNG!” Minhyuk nearly spilt the soup over him. 
 
“What happened?!” Ji Won  burst into her bedroom worried. Looking down at what Minhyuk screamed at she fainted.

“Ji Wonssi!” Minhyuk placed the soup on Shinhye’s desk as he fanned Ji Won to wake.

“Wow hyung I guess you took advantage of the alcohol,” Jonghyun entered the room clapping at his band leader. Jung shin didn’t make an appearance in this fiasco. He figured the room was crowded enough.

After everyone recomposed themselves they sat in awkward silence in the living room. “Ji Wonssi we didn’t do anything,” Shinhye tried to calm her friend. Ha Ji Won treated this as though her life were a soap opera.

“I didn’t raise you to sleep with a lowlife!” Ji Won massaged her temples as Minhyuk continued to fan her.

“I didn’t sleep with-!”

“Who are you calling a lowlife?” Yonghwa glared at her.

“Trust me! I have all of my clothes on!” Shinhye gestured to herself. But that memory still ate her away. Even taking a glimpse of Yonghwa’s lips right now. She rubbed her arms feeling goose bumps climb up and down.

“Oh!” Jonghyun pointed at Shinhye’s behavior. “How do you explain yourself?” He loved to mess with his friends.

“I just feel cold!” She thought up quickly. Jung shin took off his jacket wrapping it around her back. “Jung shinssi,” she looked at him feeling relieved he didn’t take the situation seriously. Yonghwa looked at the two irritated. He scooted closer to Shinhye resting his arm around her shoulders.

“I-I’ll keep you warm then,” he felt mushy at his words but did it on an impulse. He stared at his pants then looked at her lips for a quick second. Both looked at each other’s lips then quickly turning their faces away. Both gaining red tint on their cheeks.

“Hyung!” Minhyuk stared intensely at the two. Jungshin looked at their behavior accepting the fact the two were actually falling for each other. Too bad the time was ticking away. Only a week and a half left till their month is done. He couldn’t help but feel a bit upset. Didn’t that mean they wouldn’t see Shinhye again? They’d have no business with her right?

“So what if we did anything! She’s my girlfriend and I-!” He stopped himself in mid-sentence careful of what to say.

“And you what?” Shinhye asked looking up at his eyes.

“I..I like you a lot,” he admitted looking deep into her eyes.

“Fine…I approve,” Ji Won stood up crossing her arms.

“Approve? Who asked for-“ Yonghwa began to shoot his mouth off until he saw a dead look in her eyes.

“As I was saying! I approve Shinhye of whatever relationship you have with this,” she shot daggers at Yonghwa. Deep inside she felt truly grateful someone wanted Shinhye. “You hurt her and I’ll be the first to kick your Yonghwa,” Ji Won reminded him.

“I’ll be second!” Minhyuk joined in.

“To kick my ?” Yonghwa asked him seriously in doubt that Minhyuk could hurt a fly.

“Yes! I can train for this,” he answered with the utmost confidence.

“W-What? You’d train to hurt our leader! Sign me up!” Jonghyun high fived the drummer.

“W-What are you guys talking about! Don’t forget I’m your leader!” Yonghwa huffed at the two.

“Me too,” Jungshin spoke up startling everyone. “If you hurt Shinhyessi I don’t think I’d be able to forgive you.” His eyes stayed on Yonghwa’s. Shinhye felt touched at his words. Truly affected by it.

“I won’t go down without a fight,” Yonghwa smirked at his challenge. 

Ha Ji Won left for her job an hour later, Jungshin, Jonghyun, and Minhyuk left back to their mansion. Yonghwa and Shinhye were left alone in her apartment. 

"They're really funny," Shinhye spoke. 

“Ha yeah really funny,” Yonghwa mocked them.

“You don’t by any chance-“

“Remember last night?” He finished her thought. Shinhye looked at him with half open. She wanted to rip the thought away. He sat back down on the couch next to her. “I uh meant it you know,” he kept his eyes to the flat screen T.V. He stared straight ahead waiting for her to speak.

“Meant what?” She looked at him curiously. She was always sharp but completely off her rocker on this topic. Completely clueless in the game known as love.

“I like you a lot Shinhye and I remember everything last night,” he turned his head to her losing himself in her chocolate eyes. Her breathing went shallow, her body felt prickly, she felt heat at her stomach. Jung Yonghwa, leader of C.N.Blue, a complete but an angel to the world likes her. A lot.

“WH-What?” She acted as though she didn’t hear what he said.

“Look up at me,” he ordered as she slowly brought her gaze to his. Now she really knew he meant every word.

“You remember last night?” She asked ignoring her throbbing  headache.

“Would you like me to refresh your memory?” He asked leaning forward as his forehead rested on hers.

“Yes,” her voice was shaky. Their lips met again just like last night. But even better than last night. They were going through a hangover. But it must be the best hangover they ever experienced. opened willingly for his tongue to slip in. Their lips flowed against each other naturally like water flowing down a river. Though the weather today was calm and breezy. That lightning from last night hit them again. They released each other to catch their breath.