Paparazzi Scare

Voice

Time stood still. Yup that sappy line applied to them right here, right now. Why did it feel so hot all of a sudden? It was 8 in the morning during the early winter. Shinhye felt safe in his arms. The arms of the guy who gave her these cuts all over her body. Was it right to feel this way? Feel what way? For once in her life, Shinhye felt unsure of herself. She was always ready to make a decision or knew what she wanted without a doubt. But what did she want right now? Yonghwa on the other hand knew what was going on. He didn't like it but he was aware of it. His body didn't listen to him, his grip on her tightened but still gentle. Her hands moved from his inner arms to the outer sides of his chest. What is going on with me? Why can't I look away? Shinhye asked herself. Their faces only a pinky distance away now. Yonghwa knew it was wrong of him to want to do this. Who cares?! I'm Jung ing Yonghwa! If I want to... do something I'll do it! He fought with himself. He was a cross road with his heart. His head yelled you can't be seen with a girl like her! She's a complete nobody! But his heart tugged at him. He didn't know what it said but he knew what it felt. 

"Shinhyessi! Yonghwassi! Are you two dating?!" Paparazzi arrived just on the perfect timing. 

"!" He yelled looking away from the flashing lights. They were still in each other's arms. He held on to Shinhye making sure she wouldn't fall, that would embarrass her even more. He acted on instinct without thinking clearly. His hand held the back of her head to cover her face from the press. Her face smushed with his chest as he carried her to his car. He knew he forgot her crutches, but they didn't matter. He could get new ones for her later. As they headed to his jaguar the light show increased. Shinhye held on to him even tighter scared of the crowd of people. For once she felt nervous around them, as they tried to circle around. 

"Shinhye have you been a secret relationship with the lead singer?" Reporters were targeting her the most. He got her inside the car, pushing his way to his seat now. He honked his horn warning the paparazzi to clear the way. Their voices muffled with all the windows rolled up still freaked her. They looked like a zombie invasion determined to eat her alive. She hid her face from the window from the blinding flashes. Finally the path cleared as Yonghwa punched the gas speeding home. 

"Gwenchanayo?" He asked her as he drove. Her face was covered by the palms of her hands she bent forward in her seat. "Yah, put on your seatbelt." He told her. No movement. "Apa?" (does it hurt?) What could be hurting her though? He stopped attempting at questions when he finally heard a noise. She didn't speak but sniff. She was sniffling. "Y-Yah don't cry," he sped even faster to head to her home. 

"SLOW DOWN! Before you kill someone else!" She yelled through her tears and her covered face. 

"I-I didn't kill anybody!" He argued slowing down. 

"You killed me," she groaned out. 

"You're sitting right here! You're breathing, talking, feeling anger towards me," he took her literally. 

"No! You ruined my life! I'm going to be living a lie now!" Her sniffles volume increased. 

"S-Shinhye please stop crying," he asked nervously as he parked right in front of her apartment. He really did speed there on the way. He was use to the fast speed, it made him feel stronger. She stopped talking and sniffling. As she fought against her tears. She bent even more forward in her seat. He sighed rubbing the back of his neck. He got out of his car then opened her car door. Without asking her permission he carried her bridal style to her front door. Surprisingly her friend wasn't home, probably at work. There was a little sitting area in front of her home. He didn't have her keys so he began to place her down on one of the chairs. But she wouldn't let him. Out of nowhere she embraced him, her face smushed on his chest again. Her legs trembled slipping, he pulled her to stand straight holding her. "Shinhyessi," he looked down at her head. He heard loud sobbs muffled into his chest. 

"Babo! You jerk! Nappeun seki! THE WORSE!" She still held on tight to him. He felt his shirt dampen with her tears. And this was a new shirt too... he thought to himself. 

"Would it help if I said sorry? And mean it?" He asked like an idiot waiting for death. 

"NO!" She yelled into his shirt. 

"You were scared weren't you? Being cornered like that and questioned with rumors based on nothing," he whispered in her ear. 

"Yes.." she answered weakly. 

"Yeah well I go through it everyday. You learn to live with it," he told her.

"Michyeosseo," (crazy) she insulted.

"Yeah I am crazy," he sighed patting her back. Her cries still echoed the parking lot. It reminded him of a mother whale giving birth. "Let it all out," he patted her back twice before singing her a song. "The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time." He sang to her softly in her ear hopefully making her feel better. He chuckled at how childish she seemed now. "One turtle neck its really nice," he chuckled.

"Wrong! Its one turtle neck that's the kind!" Her muffled voice corrected him. 

"Ah ah araso! One turtle neck thats the kind. Cause when you're wearing the one striped sweater," he finished the short silly song. His voice was a lullaby. It definitely made her feel better. Her tears were subsiding, she really did feel safe in his arms. The sound of a trumpet blasted. She blew her nose using his shirt. "Oh damn it!" He complained.