Her shoulder to cry on

Voice

The ride back home was horribly silent. You could feel the awkwardness caress your skin. It went to the point that Shinhye had to break it. "Yonghwa are you okay?" She asked as her eyes searched his face. He definitely didn't hide the fact he was pissed. "Was it the interview?" She asked.

"What do you think?" He replied cold. 

"Is it something I said? Should I not talk at all in these things?" She didn't like it when he acted this way with her. It was like when he didn't care about her opinion. When they first met versus now. 

"No! I mean yes! Wait ugh damn it! You were great in the interview! It's just that.." he didn't finish his thought as he parked in the driveway of the mansion. 

As the car came to a complete stop Shinhye calmly asked, "it's just that what?" 

"I hated how she brought up our date," he told her.

"I thought you were over that."

"I wanted the memory to go away! You were hurt because of me that time," he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. 

"Did you not hear me earlier? I don't blame anyone for what happened," she reminded him. 

"Yea but it still is my fault! And you didn't have to lay it on so thick that you hated me," he brought up something else.

"Hated you? You mean when we first met? I was being honest!" 

"You didn't have to be that honest," he looked into her chocolate eyes.

"I thought we were done lying," she crossed her arms holding onto herself. 

"We are. We're done lying about being a couple because we're telling the truth now."

"Then what do you have to be angry for?"

"We're done lying about our relationship. But you were revealing how big of a I can be," he clarified things. 

"Because I thought when we said we can be honest, I thought it meant everything! No more lying you said." She raged. 

"ABOUT US! NOT ME! We're keeping my image! Don't forget about that!" 

Shinhye scoffed, "this is mostly about you isn't it!" 

"Of course it's about me!" 

"It's about you you you! You're not upset about me getting hurt that one time! You just don't want your image ruined!" 

"That's not entirely true! I am upset about you getting hurt! You don't know how much it kills me looking at those photos! It's because of me-"

"IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF YOU! THEY HATE ME! NOT YOU!" 

"NO ONE CAN HATE YOU!" 

"ARE YOU STUPID!? YES THEY HATE ME! Because I'll only bring you down! I'm some nobody, a bug on your windshield!"

"How the did you come up with that?! It's all about me!" He argued back. 

Shinhye unbuckled her seat belt as she exited the car she slammed the door hoping the window glass would shatter. "You need to stop being conceited for once!" She yelled lastly as she entered the mansion furiously. 

"But I'm right damn it!" He yelled back as she slammed the doors. He punched his steering wheel reddening his knuckles. "!" He rubbed his knuckles, then angrily shook out his hands. 

Shinhye didn't even watch where she was going. She was so full of anger she bumped into Jungshin. To save her from falling backwards he placed his hand on her back pushing her towards him. Her face is just inches from his chest. "J-Jungshinssi jesongheyo!" She stepped back bowing her head to him. Looking up she shook her head trying to look like her cheerful self. She didn't want anyone to see her in a bad state. "I was being clumsy-"

"He's upset with you isn't he?" Jungshin asked. She couldn't hide anything from him. "Your face is the color of apples, you look like you're going to cry too." He poked her forehead. 

"I..." she couldn't find the energy to speak. Tears softly flowed down her face. She was a beautiful waterfall. Jungshin gently pats the top of her head. 

"Follow me," he ordered her. She looked up with tears uncontrollably falling. "Just do it," he added. Jungshin took Shinhye to the roof. A place she didn't get to go before the entire time she stayed there. "Fresh air," he breathed in deeply closing his eyes as he inhaled. Exhaling he slowly opened lifted his eyelids seeing a broken girl. "Copy me," he ordered. Again he breathed in deeply closing his eyes as he inhaled. 

"Araso," she replied as she did the same. He exhaled lifting his eye lids, he saw her holding in her breath. 

"Yah you let go now," he poked her stomach making her cough. "You weren't copying me," he told her.

"How could I if my eyes are closed?" She sniffled arguing with him. 

"You listen. When I let go you hear me exhale." He explained. She sniffled looking at him with red watery eyes. Her vision was blurred to the point it was if she took off her contact lenses. "Try again. Close your eyes and inhale." He ordered. The two stood in silence inhaling the fresh air. "Breath in the good stuff, get out the bad stuff." He spoke as he inhaled. 

The two exhaled together lifting their eyelids simultaneously. 

"Feeling better?" He asked her wiping one last tear from under her left eye. She sniffed nodding her head slowly. "You need to work on listening. Like listening to others. A fight always has two sides. The other person believes they're right and you're wrong. Then it's the other way around. Try listening to the other person's side. Though it may sound completely wrong right now." Jungshin pats her head again as he looked out onto the sunset. Shinhye's eyes never left his. Though he didn't look at her, she looked at him. He truly was the person she took serious out of the group. 

"Did you watch the interview?" She asked him still sniffling. 

"No, I overslept today," he replied. She watched the sunlight leave his marble eyes. His pearly white smile wasn't as charming as Yonghwa's but it made her feel warm inside. What was Jungshin thinking in his head? It was hard to decipher his thoughts. "You know Shinhyessi. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here." He offered to her. Right now a person like Jungshin is what she needed. A shoulder to cry on. "I normally don't do this. So you should feel special," he smiled at her. Shinhye sniffled then returned his smile. 

"Kamsaheyo Jungshinssi. You're really kind for offering me this. I'm grateful. And I will feel special," she sniffed for the last time. 

"Don't make it sound obligated that you're grateful," he placed his arm around her shoulders pulling her closer to him. Her head rested on his left shoulder. "Now I'm really your shoulder to cry on."