The mom

Voice

If you guys are curious this is what her outfit looks like :D i saw it on google images

"Shinhyessi remember to pick these up later alright," her friend promised to leave her hoodie, jeans and converse in her former locker. 

"Kamsahamnida unnie," Shinhye smiled as the suited man held the car door open for her. The ride was completely dead silent. Shinhye hated how the driver didn't at least turn the radio on. "So how is she like?" She wanted to break the silence.

"You'll see for yourself," the driver replied in a monotone voice. 

"Oh araso...do you like your job?" She tried to carry the conversation.

"I'm trying to drive," he answered coldly. 

"I see you take your job seriously," she replied. 

"It pays for everything," he confessed.

"Must pay a lot then," Shinhye added.

"It's pretty fair but..."

"But not enough," she finished for him. He didn't answer to that. His expression she saw in the mirror looked saddening. As though he remembered a sad fact. 

After a while he actually spoke up, "my 18 year old is going to graduate soon. Her class gets to go to Disneyland as their grad party but I don't know if we have enough to pay. I've been doing my best to save but there are tons of other expenses to think about first. I don't know if I should tell her that she can go or not. She is so happy about this trip, how could I-"

"It's okay, she'll understand completely! Times are hard! You will have enough to send her on that trip! She should be helping you pay for it. Does your daughter have a job?" Shinhye wanted to comfort this guy. She understood completely when her parents weren't able to get her everything she wanted.

"Yes she does actually."

"Then good! You two both save up together and there you go! She'll go on the trip." She told him.

"You think so?" 

"I know so," she smiled seeing his expression changed. 

"I just hope she's happy. It's hard right now seeing your kid grow up before you. She'll be leaving on this trip and then off to college! She won't need her old man anymore," he sighed.

"I know she'll be happy. I mean- she's going to the happiest place on earth! Course she is scared too. Leaving her loving dad behind without his protection up front. But you'll be there for her no matter where she is. She'll always need you. You're her father," Shinhye remembered her father's assuring words from long ago. 

"It doesn't matter if I'm in Hawaii and you're here. I'll always love you kiddo! We're under the same sky and know that I got your back!" Shinhye's dad noogied her head before leaving on a business trip. When he came home that time he even brought back a couple of soveneirs for her. 

"Kamsahamnida Shinhyessi. It was a pleasure escorting you here," the driver held the door open for her. Shinhye didn't even realize their arrival. 

"Oh no! I should be thanking you!" She bowed to him. A smile crept on her face hearing the once monotone driver sound more relieved. 

"I wish you good luck when speaking to her," he glanced at the building. 

"Kamsaheyo," she replied a bit worried. There was a slight tug in her stomach as she took a few steps closer to the room where C.N.Blue records. Entering the room Shinhye had the sudden urge to pee. That always happened when she got nervous. 

"Anyonghaseyo Shinhyessi," a woman bowed before her. 

"Anyonghaseyo miss Jung Yonghwa's omma," she copied her gracefulness. However the way she adressed her made her feel like a elementary school kid. 

"Just adress me as ma'am," the woman smiled as she took a seat on the black leather couch. Shinhye stepped closer but stood up with her back straight. The woman didn't offer her a chair, but she was fine with it. To her, it meant she would be able to leave faster and soon. 

"Yes ma'am," Shinhye's voice shook. 

"Now I know you're probably upset about your discharge from your school and your job," she brought it up.

"N-No I'm mainly curious," Shinhye didn't feel so nervous before. She was on her toes to please this woman. 

"It's fine, you can tell me you're upset. I know I would be," she crossed her legs with her hands resting on her knee. Her eyes oberved Shinhye's posture, checking if she would fall apart at any moment. 

Shinhye didn't like this prickly feeling on her skin. Be yourself...her conscious echoed her head. "Yes I was upset. You don't normally have someone you don't know personally take away your regular activities," Shinhye felt more at ease.

"But you understand the reasons behind it yes?"

"Yes, you've told my teacher and my boss that I'll be busy on tours and concerts," Shinhye answered.

"Oh and much more if this drags on," his mother stood up from the couch. 

"What do you mean if this drags on?" Shinhye stood her ground as Yonghwa's mom circled around her. Her eyes trailed her body up and down. Observing her fashion sense, posture, if she matched a high profile. 

"You don't need to hide anything from me Shinhyessi. I know that your relationship with Yonghwa first started out as a publicity stunt. I'm his mother, I have the right to know his every move. However now you've twisted the original plan. Do you understand that the two of you were suppose to break up by the end of this month. In fact I believe that's this Friday," Shinhye didn't like where her tone was headed. With every heard she listened to, she felt how against his mother was toward this relationship. 

"What exactly are you saying?"

"I'm saying if you continue this fling with my son you're putting people in danger," she crossed her arms as she stood in front of her. 

"How am I putting people in danger?" She asked.

"My son, his band-"

"It's not his band, it's their band." She corrected her. There was 1% of her regretting that remark. But she shrugged it off. 

"At first I approved of this publicity stunt knowing how much attention my son would get. A celebrity, a rock star hitting a regular fan with his car by 'accident'. Adding fire to the flame he dates her! I only want the best for my son and so I approved knowing it will end in a month. Never did I approve of this becoming real. My son actually be with a commoner! Someone of such a low class! Sharing an apartment with a friend for most of her life-"

"You looked me up?"

"Please, I have all the money to do much more than that." Those words froze Shinhye's body in ice. 

"I didn't mean for things to go this way with your son. But they have and-"

"And that's why you're going to change it back," she cut her off the way she did. 

"What? Why would I do such a thing? Don't you see how happy your son is?" 

"That happiness will destroy him. He has no time for someone of the likes of you. He needs someone of higher class. Someone who has money, potential to be great like him. Someone to add to his success, not take away." She threw similar insults that her anti fans threw at her. 

"I'll do my best not to bring him down! I'll go on those tours with him, I won't-"

"It takes much more than that I'm afraid. He cannot be in a relationship with love involved. He will be distracted from his responsibilities because of love. Because of love, there will be a child to tend to which he'll break away from the band to take care of. He would have a nanny take his place if he had money to pay for one. That is if he were more focused on his career rather than some street rat. As he fails, the band fails. And as the band fails, fans everywhere will be disappointed. They'll be pitied for, forgotten and slowly become nothing. All because of you." 

Shinhye didn't want to listen to any of this. Everything made sense to her now. The fans didn't just hate her because she took their chances of being with him. They knew she'd bring him down. 

"You see this building we're standing in? I own it. Their recording studio, the reason they're part of a big company? The reason they're what they are today? Because of my push. I can take it all away right now. Just as easily as I took your job and enrollment. Just as simple as those tiny insects. No more fame, and no more C.N.Blue. In return you can be with him all you want. It wouldn't matter right?"

"I thought you wanted the best for your son," Shinhye gritted her teeth. Her fists were rolled in tight, her nails dug into her skin.

"Oh I do but this is where the path is headed anyway. I could take it away this very second. Make things quicker for everyone." She smiled wickedly as she pulled at her cell phone. 

"Jamkkan man-yo! (Wait!)" Shinhye yelled. All of this was hitting her too hard, too fast. Tears even began rolling down her face. Her makeup was ruined but she didn't care. "All because of me, everyone will lose this?" She looked around the studio. Posters of the band were displayed, Minhyuk's drumset. The guitar, bass, speakers. All of it because she fell in love.