Drum solo

Voice

 

The next day C.N. Blue had to work in the studio for final edits on some covers and such.

“Ji Won are you working today?” Shinhye asked.

“No but I was going to do some grocery shopping,” she answered.

“So you’re not really busy at all today then,” Shinhye said very loudly. She said it loud enough for certain people to hear.

“Yea I guess,” Ji Won replied hesitantly.

“Ji Wonssi since you’re not busy would you like to watch us in the studio?” Minhyuk asked her.

“Oh I would love to! Seeing C.N.Blue work in person,” Ji Won accepted. Minhyuk’s face gained a certain glow from that answer. Shinhye was pleased to see a grinning drummer. She stood by Yonghwa’s side hoping he saw her actions.

“You saw that right? I just did a great thing,” she boasted.

“All you did was bring an annoying distraction with us,” he told her.

“What I did was gave a gentle push in the world of love,” Shinhye crossed her arms.

“Whatever I’m sure nothing is going on between them,” he disagreed.

“You’ll change your mind soon slave,” Shinhye patted his back. The band and two very lucky girls entered the studio.

“I’ve never been here before! So this is where C.N.Blue creates some magic eh?” Ji Won marveled at every little detail.

“Yes and here is my drum set!” Minhyuk showed her.

“Your actual drum set,” she sat in the seat he usually sat in.

“Would you like to play a little?” He asked her.

“Are you serious? You’re letting me touch your drum set? I’m warning you I destroy music when I attempt making it,” she warned him.

Shinhye cleared nudging Yonghwa’s arm.

“You hear that? He is letting her on his drum set!” She yelled in a hushed tone.

“I’ll admit he would never let anyone near his babies,” Yonghwa watched Minhyuk’s behavior.

“Whoa there Minhyuk lets not damage the instrument. Besides you never let me play your drums,” Jonghyun pointed out.

Minhyuk ignored his comment and stood beside Ji Won. He placed his hands over hers positioning the placements over the instrument.

“You hold the drumsticks like this so that they don’t fly out of your hands,” he breathed hotly close to her ear.

“What if they do fly out of your hands?” She asked.

“I always carry an extra set in my back pocket,” he answered.

“Pretty clever,” she giggled smiling at him. He looked at her feeling flustered.

“Uh…yea s-so here is a slow beat,” he kept his hands on hers. Playing a slow rhythm that would be perfect for a ballad. Perfect a slow love song. He slowly let go of her hands after a few minutes. She kept the beat and gasped excitedly.

“I’m not butchering the music!” She exclaimed.

“There you go,” he smiled at his accomplishment.

Yonghwa cleared his throat stopping the beats on the drum. He brought the two back to reality. “We have some work to do,” he reminded Minhyuk.

“Mianhye hyung,” he took the drumsticks back from Ji Won. She sat next to Shinhye on the leather couch where they have a good view of the band.

“So you have to redo some covers or what?” Shinhye asked.

“We have to redo certain parts of a song because of little errors,” Yonghwa answered her.

“So the almighty Yonghwa isn’t perfect after all,” Ji Won smirked.

“Shut up you’re lucky I’m letting you tag along-“

“Hyung that is no way to talk to Ji Won,” Minhyuk defended.

“I’m just stating the facts-“ Yonghwa started.

“No apologize to her!” Minhyuk demanded. He gave a look to Shinhye about this awkwardness.

“Do it slave,” she ordered. Yonghwa sighed then glared at Ji Won.

“Mianhye Ji Won,” he apologized in monotone. Without her looking or Minhyuk looking he stuck his tongue at her. “But I am the almighty Yonghwa right Shinhye?” He asked.

“Yes sir the almighty sir,” she answered with a salute.

The band redid some parts of several songs. Shinhye tapped her foot to the magic as Ji Won watched the band intently. Everyone was so lost in the music. Her eyes went straight for Minhyuk. He kept his eyes on her too. His heart pounding against his chest kept in tempo with his playing skills. He wanted this to be his best performance. Technically they are performing having two girls watch. C.N.Blue sounded even better than usual.

“Woohoo go C.N.Blue!” Ji Won cheered for them.

At the end of a fast song Minhyuk went on into a drum solo. It was intense and honestly his best improvisation work. Everyone could see he played his heart out. “Whoa did you record that part?” Jung Shin asked one of their workers.

“We got it,” a man replied.

“That solo will be on another album,” Yonghwa high fived his drummer.

“I’m really impressed Minhyukssi! You’re truly an amazing drummer,” Ji Won was beyond impressed.

“K-Kamsahamnida Ji Wonssi,” he bowed his head repeatedly to hide his reddening face.

Shinhye didn’t hide her smile however she coughed to beat out laughter. “Yah Minhyuk! Why don’t you play like that all the time?” Jonghyun asked.

“I do!” Minhyuk defended.

“Alright we all worked hard lets clean up and go out for a bite,” Yonghwa told his band.

“Yes sir!” Shinhye saluted to him. He chuckled wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She elbowed his ribs gently. He lowered his ear for her to whisper something.

“Wait what? I don’t want to do that,” he objected.

“As my slave you will do that. And while you do that I’ll do something too,” Shinhye used her power over his.

“You owe me for this,” he pointed at her.

“Yes sir almighty sir,” she agreed.

Yonghwa headed for his drummer as Shinhye headed for her best friend.