A phone call and her feelings now

Voice

 

“Hyung what happened?” Minhyuk questioned Yonghwa when he finally left the rooftop. After his talk with Jung shin he stayed up on the rooftop to destroy the chairs. He didn’t take out his anger on people but the furniture. “Where is he going?” Minhyuk asked another.

“Where do you think he’s going?” Yonghwa replied lifting the curtain blinds. He watched his ex friend and ex band mate drive out of their lives. Maybe not out of their lives for Jung shin did vow to fight for Shinhye.

“You ed things up didn’t you?” Jonghyun commented.

“I did not things up! For your information I’m not the one who backstabbed their friend! He backstabbed me!” Yonghwa burst.

“Mianhye Yonghwa,” Jonghyun apologized.

“So you’re just going to let him go?” Minhyuk dared to ask.

“It was his decision. He’ll be around but I can’t work with someone who would do this to me,” Yonghwa reasoned.

“But you didn’t talk it out with Shinhye,” Minhyuk mentions.

“What does Shinhye have to say for this? You think she’ll defend Jung shin? Do you have any suspicion that they’re having an affair behind my back!?” Yonghwa him.

“Calm down Yonghwa! He is saying Shinhye doesn’t want you to destroy the band! You three need to fix things,” Jonghyun spoke up.

“It’s a little too late for the band,” Yonghwa dropped the bomb on the two.

“Fine it may be too late for the band but not for your relationship with your friend. You’ve been friends with Jung shin for how long? You can’t just end it like this because you two like the same girl.” Minhyuk tried to persuade him to chase after Jung shin.

“Yea Yonghwa they’re just feelings. Those feelings will change. This is Jung shin we’re talking about. The guy who dates models for three months then moves on to the next hot girl.” Jonghyun added more reasons.

“That’s what I’m afraid of. He may seem like the better option but there is his past I’m worried Shinhye would get hurt,” Yonghwa admitted.

“Hyung you’re talking like you’re giving Shinhye away to him,” Minhyuk faced him.

“Yonghwa these are just petty feelings he is having right now. He’ll get over her,” Jonghyun persisted.

“Jung shin loves her. He told me,” Yonghwa alerted the two.

“That’s the first time I heard that,” Minhyuk tensed up.

“He’s just trying to scare you,” Jonghyun continued.

“He’s doing a damn good job of it,” Yonghwa sighed thinking of all the going down in his life.

“Ultimately the one in the end who will hurt the most,” Minhyuk paused to check if Yonghwa still listened, “is Shinhyessi.”

“She’s already hurting because of me,” Yonghwa said under his breath. The two band mates didn’t catch that but understood by his body language it was personal. He remembered his mother’s words from their last meeting. In his right front pocket he felt vibration from his phone. Without hesitation he picked it up without checking the caller ID. For some reason he automatically assumed it would Jung shin. Hoping his friend would see reason and call him to patch things up. However…

“Yonghwa come by the studio,” his mother answered.

“Why should I?” Yonghwa growled into his cell.

“Because it has something juicy to do with your girlfriend…and your band mate Jung shin,” she answered. Hearing those words he hung up immediately. Without any words said he left the mansion ignoring the comments from his friends.

Meanwhile…

“Shinhyessi gwenchanayo?” Ji Won asked serving breakfast in bed to her friend. Shinhye didn’t answer; she only sipped her orange juice silently. “Shinhye I know you’re not in a mood to talk but I’m your friend. No wait, I’m your sister! So as your sister, I’m going to constantly pester you to talk your feelings out! Because you can kill yourself by bottling up your feelings. And I don’t want to see you hurt like this,” Ji Won spoke. After Shinhye finished her waffles she turned to Ji Won to start the conversation for her. “Did you like your waffles? I made them for you. Okay not really, I put them in the toaster. It’s Leggo my Eggo!” Ji Won chuckled then awkwardly stopped herself from trying to cheer her up.

“I loved them,” she spoke up with a frail voice.

“Come on Shinhye you’re stronger than this! You’re not going to let some guy hit you like this!” Ji Won shook her shoulders. Reminding her of how hard Yonghwa shook her last night. She gasped then turned away from her friend hugging her arms. “Shinhyessi?” She tried to turn her back to face her.

“Jesonghabnida! Jesonghabnida!” She apologized hiding her face from the world.

“You don’t need to apologize Shinhye you did nothing wrong!” Ji Won hugged her friends expecting tears to fall. No tears fell. Every last drop was drained out of her from last night. She hasn’t cried that much since her parent’s death.

“Everything I do is wrong! I’m so useless, unworthy, and I’m pathetic for holding on so hard,” she squeezed out.

“You’re in love! You’re supposed to be pathetic,” Ji Won gave her friend a final squeeze before letting go. Shinhye sat up facing her best friend. “You’re not useless and you’re definitely not unworthy. Anyone who thinks otherwise will get an kicking,” Ji Won managed to make her friend crack a smile.

“The only reason I didn’t move when he leaned forward was because I was shocked. Honestly. Someone like Jung shin wanting to kiss someone like me? I’m speechless. But I’m not flattered. And Yonghwa witnessing that I can’t believe how much pain I put him in.” Shinhye drew in deep breaths.

“So you have no feelings for Jung shin? Whatsoever?” Ji Won asked.

“No! I mean I’ll admit I used to,” Shinhye answered.

“Yea he was your prince for a little bit right? He was the only one you could be serious within the group. Until you got closer with mister jealousy,” Ji Won chuckled.

“Yes exactly. I have no feelings other than friendship for Jung shin. For Yonghwa…” Shinhye cut herself off there.

“You loovv-“ Ji Won held out the word.

“Shut up, I don’t know how I feel! I know I really, and I mean really…like him. But you didn’t see the way he looked at me last night. It was if he had no trust in me. He truly believed I wanted to cheat on him. I’ve been lying to him too,” Shinhye’s sad eyes looked down onto her empty plate.