Lady like

Voice

“If you meet her at a restaurant don’t eat like a messy eater,” Jungshin pointed out.

“I never had these dishes before!” Shinhye completely ignored what he told her.

“Yah are you even listening to me?” He asked.

“Let her enjoy the food first oppa,” Ae Cha chuckled watching Shinhye dig in.  

“Kamsahamnida for the meal! I don’t know who is paying for this but I’ll never be able to pay you back!” Shinhye admitted.

“I already know that babo. You never have to pay me back,” Jungshin messed with her bangs. Shinhye glared backing her head farther from him. Delicious sensations hit her taste buds sending Shinhye to her fantasy land. Ae Cha excused herself to the ladies room. Jungshin enjoyed his meal too. Shinhye sadly was a bit of a messy eater. Some sauce was splattered on the corners of her lips. Bits were on her left cheek too. “Yah you have something on your face.” He told her.

“I’m not eating with his mother now so doesn’t matter,” she dug in some more.

“You look silly. Just stay still,” he extended his arm over their plates. His thumb wiped the corners of her lips then he used her napkin to wipe the rest of her face. “Try to act like you are eating with his mom. She wouldn’t tolerate your happiness,” he warned her.

“Seems like she wouldn’t tolerate any happiness,” Shinhye rolled her eyes.

“It’s that kind of speech she doesn’t expect a high class young lady to use,” he replied.

“Mianhye. I’ll try to act more proper like,” Shinhye sat up straight but her eyes were sad. Even if her vision laid on the food.

“Enjoy your food but just pretend your British,” he tried to put it in an interesting way. That way she’d be more enthusiastic.

“Alright then love,” she giggled. Digging into her food again she didn’t eat like a slob this time. In fact it was more ladylike. Anyone could tell she enjoyed these expensive dishes. Her eyes were closed as she indulged in the flavors. A bright smile stretched from ear and ear. Jungshin enjoyed his view across from him. Seeing her happy.  

“I’m back,” Ae Cha returned from the ladies room.

“Oh well you can teach her how to eat like a lady now,” said Jungshin.

“She did fine from what I saw coming back here,” she assured her.

“Great! Now what do I have to do?” Shinhye asked.

“We’ll talk in a regular conversation. I’ll pretend to be his mother and I’ll act just like her.” Ae Cha told her.

“You’ve met her too?” Shinhye felt more at ease.

“Yes we met some time ago at a photo shoot,” Ae Cha replied.

“Alright get on with it,” Jung shin wanted to get this show on the road. 

 

Ae Cha cleared prepping for an elegant conversation. “Shinhyessi I see you are still dating my son.”

“Yes I am,” she replied calmly.

“You will address me as ma’am and only speak when spoken to,” it felt like the actual thing.

“Yes ma’am,” Shinhye obeyed.

“What makes you think you will ever meet the standards of being with my son? I am sure I’ve already listed down all the facts against you. Shouldn’t you listen well enough to stay away or are you so infatuated with his fame that-“

“I’m with him because I happen to…really like your son! Not because of his fame or anything else-“

“Excuse me didn’t I tell you to speak when I allow you to?” Ae Cha reminded her.

“I believe you told me to speak when I am spoken to. And I believe I was spoken to,” Shinhye bites back.

“You know she has a point there,” Jungshin agreed.

“Yes she does but she interrupted me. His mom would not like that one bit,” Ae Cha checked her makeup in a compact mirror.

“You know what? I think you’ll do fine talking to her. Just be yourself, anyone would hate it if you pretended to be someone you’re not.” Jungshin encouraged her.

“But it’s me she already hates,” Shinhye sat back in her seat.

“Try to show her the real you! Though she looked you up and everything she didn’t really get to know you personally! So spend time with her,” Jung shin suggested.

“Michingeoya? This is Yonghwa’s mother! Her schedule has been planned before she was born! What makes you think she’ll have the time to get to know Shinhye?” Ae Cha asked.

“If she has the time to mess with me and my friends then she’ll have the time to sit down and talk to me.” Shinhye felt more confident in getting approval.  

“You’re right there,” Ae Cha agreed.

“Show her the real you. Once she gets to know you, she’ll love you. No one would be more perfect to date their son. Ae Cha just met you and I can tell she likes you already, “Jungshin put her up on a pedestal.

“Oh! Yes I do! You’re very likable Shinhyessi!” Ae Cha watched the two fraternize. As she finished up her meal she watched the two carry a conversation. The three left the restaurant ready to set up an appointment with the wicked witch. “Shinhye go wait in Jung shin’s car I need to talk to him for a moment,” Ae Cha told her.

“About what?” Shinhye asked.

“I’m just going to ask him out on a date,” Ae Cha was always straightforward.

“I hope you say yes,” Shinhye waved to Jungshin as she walked to the car.

“Look I miss you too but that was the past-“

“I’m not going to ask you out. What I am going to ask you is-“ Ae Cha smacked the back of Jungshin’s head. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Me? What about you?” He rubbed the spot.

“I see the way you look at her oppa! I was kidding earlier but now I don’t know if it’s real or not. You like her,” Ae Cha poked his chest waiting for confirmation.

“No I do not,” he denied.

“Yes you do! You look at her the way the way you once looked at me. Don’t lie to me. Because I can tell when you’re lying,” she persisted.

“Oh yea sure I’m lying alright,” he replied sarcastically.

“Look me in the eye and tell me you have no feelings for that girl,” she ordered him.

“Why should I? When there is nothing going on between us!” He argued.

“That proves it! You can’t do that simple task,” she told him.

“I don’t have any feelings for her!” He exclaimed with his eyes to his car’s directions.

“You…you didn’t look at me,” she kept her sight on him. Waiting for his next move. Jungshin sighed as he finally looked at her in the eyes.

“Just drop it,” he pleaded right before he took his first steps to leave.

“You understand you can’t right? You’re helping the girl be with your friend! You know how sad that is?”

“You don’t have to remind me,” he didn’t deny the sad truth. Jungshin drove away listening to Shinhye’s brainstorming of how to talk Yonghwa’s mom into spending time with her.

“I wish you didn’t make it so easy oppa,” Ae Cha stopped the record button on her phone. She checked the photos on her digital camera if they were good shots or not. Her camera ran out of memory. Due to dozens of pictures of Jungshin and Shinhye spending time together today.