Ask her out!

Voice

 

“Ji Wonssi lets go for a stroll around outside while we wait for the guys,” Shinhye interlocked her arm through her friend’s.

“Oh okay,” she agreed glancing back at Minhyuk. She wanted to help him clean up but he was preoccupied with Yonghwa speaking to him. Shinhye noticed her friend looking back. She enjoyed the feeling of being right so much.

“They were really good today right?” Shinhye asked.

“Oh my ing goodness they were great!” Ji Won remembered their mini concert not too while ago.

“I know right! I always get lost in their music,” Shinhye agreed thinking of Yonghwa’s silky voice.

“That beat,” Ji Won snapped her fingers.

“C.N.Blue did really good today. Better than usual,” Shinhye pointed out.

“You’re damn right there,” Ji Won laughed.

“Hmm yeah everyone did great. Especially Minhyuk today,” Shinhye brought him up. She stopped herself from slapping her hand over . Her friend’s cheeks turned the color of apples.

“He was amazing! Well not that he isn’t amazing all the time but seeing him up close! That solo was something else than all the other solos I’ve watched! He even taught me an actual rhythm and I didn’t mess it up! Of course I wouldn’t mess it up with him being my guide. I mean he is like-“ Ji Won stopped once her friend’s laughter cut through her ramble.

“This is just great!” Shinhye laughed.

“W-What are you laughing at?” Ji Won questioned.

“I’m just so happy for you. You’re living out your fantasy!” Shinhye placed her hand on her shoulder.

“What fantasy?”

“Oh come on Ji Won! You liked Minhyuk before you came to know him personally. I know! You used to kiss his cheek on our C.N.Blue poster. You wouldn’t even kiss his lips because you thought that would be going too far without his permission. Even though it was a poster!” She continued her laughter.

“You little spy,” Ji Won punched her arm lightly.

“Now that you got to know him up close and personal how do you really feel? I mean I know you love him and all but…how do you really feel?” Shinhye leaned forward ready to hear a novel.

“I don’t love him Shinhye! I like him a lot but I’m just a fan. He would only see me that way though we are friends. I’m still just another fan.” She thought it over.

“Ji Won trust me you’re more than a fan to him,” Shinhye encouraged.

“How do you know?” She asked.

“How do you not? The boy was jealous earlier of Jonghyun for sitting next to you. He squeezed in between the two of you yesterday when he could have sat on the other side. He never lets anyone touch his drum set but himself. He even went beyond that and touched you. You think he really wanted to teach you a rhythm, he wanted to be close to you.” Shinhye explained.

“Wow I didn’t notice that at all. I’m sure he did want to teach me though,” Ji Won said.

“Araso but he really wants to be close to you. Ji Won the drummer likes you! And I mean LIKE LIKE YOU!” Shinhye shook her shoulders.

“I can’t believe after one boyfriend you’re already giving me lessons in this. I’ve dated before you know,” she reminded.

“I know you did. This one is different though. This one you didn’t notice very well when it was really obvious. That means big things,” Shinhye wanted her friend to be as happy as she is with Yonghwa.

“I guess so,” Ji Won sat up straight on a bench.

“I know so,” Shinhye gave a push in the situation.

“I’m glad you care so much for me. Kamsahamnida,” she thanked her with a side hug.

“Just let me play cupid as payment,” Shinhye smiled. Though her friend thought of it as a joke, she was serious.

Meanwhile…

“Yah Minhyuk!” Yonghwa walked up to his drummer.

“Yeah hyung?” He answered wiping down his drums.

“You almost done there? I want to talk to you,” he told him. After his clean up Yonghwa and Minhyuk had their chat in private when everyone left the room.

“What’s up?” Minhyuk asked.

“Mianhye I have to talk to you about this kind of stuff. But my master commands it,” he interlocked his fingers together stretching his arms to the ceiling. “It’s about Ji Won,” he began.

“Don’t you dare badmouth her hyung. Or I swear I will-“

“Calm your down! Jeez Shinhye can’t ever be more right. Or maybe you’re just too nice for everybody. Nah no way you’re not that nice to me,” Yonghwa yawned.

“Shinhye? What is she right about? Is something wrong with Ji Won? Maybe I should go talk to her-“

“Calm it. Your . Now. Listen I, well mostly Shinhye thinks you have this thing for her friend. Ji Won,” Yonghwa got it out there. He watched his drummer’s face intently seeing his cheeks redden the color of cherries. “ she’s right,” he accepted.

“Don’t tell her hyung! I don’t know how she’d react,” Minhyuk pleaded.

“Oh god man! Pull yourself together! You’re in a freaking band! You’re on T.V. a whole lot, you performed in tons of concerts, and you have many screaming adoring girl fans.” Yonghwa encouraged.

“I don’t want her to be like another screaming fan. I want her the way she is.” He said.

“Seriously you sure you want that?” Yonghwa rolled his eyes until he saw his friend glare. “Okay mianhye I didn’t mean it. Araso you like her-“

“A lot,” he confessed.

“A lot. So now we’re clear that you have feelings for an actual human female and not a video game character. Go out there and ask her out,” Yonghwa ordered him.

“I can’t do that hyung!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

“What do you mean? She’s probably outside waiting for you to do it you never know,” Yonghwa was very simple minded.

“What if she rejects me? I can’t take that pain hyung! I like her! A LOT!” Minhyuk imagined her smiling face. Praising him of how she was impressed earlier.

“I know you like you a lot! Didn’t we go over this? You’re in a band and you’re famous. She would never think of rejecting you. Now get your out there and ask her out.” He pushed his back out of the room.

“I still don’t know,” he was very hesitant.

“Your uncertainty tells me you don’t like her a lot!” Yonghwa thought of a way to persuade him.

“No! I do! I’m going out there right now! And she’ll say yes and we’ll get married and have kids and-“

“Okay slow your roll there but yea go ask her out. And you have to because my master says so. And I’m your band leader so I say so. No choice in this,” Yonghwa crossed his arms.

“Alright hyung! Kamsaheyo for the somewhat helpful advice,” Minhyuk said. He took a couple of steps  in the hallway but turned around.

“Why are you coming back here?” Yonghwa became irritated.

“I don’t want her to say yes because I’m in a band and I’m famous. I want her to say yes because of me. Because she would like me as a person,” Minhyuk groaned out.

“So much issues with you! She will like you! Just get your out there!” Yonghwa started to push him again. But Minhyuk went down on his knees wrapping his arms around Yonghwa’s legs. “Yah what are you doing?!” He asked.

“Don’t make me go hyung! I can’t pull off something like this!” Minhyuk pleaded.

“You’re making this too big of a deal! Get your out there!” He shook his legs.

“No you can’t make me!” He whined like a child.

“Look Minhyuk the way she acts now around you is simple evidence she likes you! Who wouldn’t like you? You’re a great friend, you care for others way more than I do, and you’re a great person overall. Let her get closer to like you as a person. That date will help. Give her a chance,” Yonghwa actually nailed it.

“Wow you mean all of that hyung?” Minhyuk marveled at his leader’s words.

“Ugh just GET YOUR OUT THERE! You’re making me sound mushy and !” Yonghwa shook his legs one last time. Minhyuk stood up more confident than before.

“I’m going to do it,” he cheered up.

“Go do it,” Yonghwa pat his friend on the back.

“I still feel a bit nervous. This is my first time asking a girl out,” he stated.

“Oh for the love of- ASK HER OUT!” Yonghwa dragged his drummer out of the studio and into the lobby. There sat Shinhye and Ji Won near a water fountain display.

“Anyong Minhyuk,” Ji Won perked up giving a wave. She made sure her smile revealed perfect whitened teeth. Shinhye even offered a few breath mints to her.

“DO IT NOW,” Yonghwa gritted through his teeth.

“Minhyuk gwenchanayo?” Shinhye asked concerned. She looked up at Yonghwa. With her eyes she questioned ‘what did you do to him?’

“Shinhye you’re going on a date with me as soon as possible yes?” Yonghwa asked her.

“Oh uh yes,” she answered surprised at his offer.

“See it is that easy now your turn,” he shoved Minhyuk in front of Ji Won. He stumbled a bit and landed one knee. He was in the position to propose.

“M-Minhyukssi,” Ji Won’s eyes widened.

“OH! NO NO NO! I’m only asking you to go out with me!” He took both her hands in his.

“Holy you scared me! Well yes! I would love to go out with you!” She placed one hand over her heart and one still in his hands.