I'll protect you

Voice

"SHINHYESSI ARE YOU TWO ON A DATE?" A reporter targeted her.

She wanted to reply sarcastically "no we hid a dead body together!" But of course she refrained from doing that. 

“Yes we are and we would love it if you guys left us alone,” Yonghwa asked kindly. However they ignored his request following the two down the street. Taking multiple pictures of them and recording every moment. The flashes were bothering them, Shinhye was surprised she wasn’t blinded yet. Her eyes were faced downward at her feet. She trusted Yonghwa to lead her out of the crowds.

“OPPA!” Screaming female tones deafened the street. Beware! Attack of the fan girls! The groups of high school students fought their way through the paparazzi. Getting more pictures than the sleazy reporters. “Oppa I LOVE YOU!” A girl screamed in his ear. He smiled through the fans hoping Shinhye wasn’t claustrophobic. Bad news…she was.

“Shinhyessi! You don’t deserve him!” Some fans screamed against her. She was appalled they would insult his girlfriend right in front of him. Yonghwa being kind to his fans stayed silent finding a way out of this. “Get out of his life!” Another yelled.

The crowds grew closer and in bigger amounts. The couple was lost in a sea of fans. The proximity was so strong she felt their hot breaths on her neck. A rogue fan even left a scratch mark on Shinhye’s arm. The walls were closing in, her stomach heaved into . Her breathing turned heavy as her hand holding Yonghwa’s felt sweaty. So sweaty she felt her grip on him will slip any second now. “You’re only bringing him down!” Another hater yelled. Their words were affecting her. A nobody like me dating Yonghwa? I’m causing his fans to be like this. Am I really that bad? Shinhye felt weak having the strong urge to lie down. She stayed strong to hold in the need to vomit but her knees collapsed. Her hand let go of Yonghwa’s as she fainted to the ground.

“SHINHYESSI!” Yonghwa yelled over the screams of fans. He picked her up bridal style seeing a couple of bruises and cuts. She could have almost gotten trampled by the sea of fans and paparazzi. “Move,” he stated. Fans still murmured to each other trying to make out of what happened. “I SAID MOVE! MAKE ME A PATH!” He yelled furiously ignoring how rude he might have seemed. He didn’t care one bit. Shinhye was hurt because of his fame. People listened for once clearing a path for him. 

Two hours later the poor girl finally woke up. Shinhye found herself back at the mansion wrapped in navy blue covers. Someone undressed her only a little. Her cardigan and sweater was hung on a chair.

 

“I took off some of your clothes because you were sweating so much,” Yonghwa entered her room.

“What happened?” She asked.

“You out earlier when we left the theater,” he answered sitting on the side of her bed.

“Oh jesongheyo,” she apologized for something she couldn’t control.

“Babo it’s not your fault! It was those negative fans,” he sighed at how crazy people could get. He took a good look at her appearance. He bandaged all the cuts she gained from being partly trampled. But on her arms were bruises. Wounds that didn’t match her pureness. He took her hands rubbing the back of them with his thumbs. “I’m sorry I didn’t protect you well,” he apologized.

“No it’s my fault for being so weak. It being claustrophobic,” she chuckled trying to brush it off.

“No damn it! They were talking about you and I didn’t defend you,” he brought that part up.

“Well they’re your fans and you should be nice to them,” she replied still hurt at the earlier hate she got.

“Not if you’re hurt,” he pushed her hair behind her right ear. Shinhye sat closer to him placing the back of her hand to his forehead.

“Are you okay? You’re acting awfully nice to me,” she joked.

“Course I am! You’re my girlfriend now,” he took this situation very seriously. He hated seeing her hurt because of him. She wasn’t even frowning. Until she looked down at his hand.

“Yah! Your hand is bleeding,” she checked his arms for any more. Turns out the fans got to him too without him noticing. “I’ll take care of it,” she had a health aid kit in her drawer. Yonghwa watched her treat his hand with such care. He couldn’t believe he didn’t notice some injuries he gained himself. He was too focused on taking care of her.

“I’ll protect you,” he stated.

“Eh?” She looked up at him finishing up his bandaging.

“I won’t let you get hurt anymore because of me. No matter what,” he added.

“Because I’m your girlfriend now,” she added smiling.

“Yeah. I can’t believe you’re not shaken up after what happened to you!” He exclaimed.

“You told me to keep smiling so I am. I won’t let what happened earlier bother me because I know there’s no helping it. I’ll keep smiling to owe you for our movie date,” she showed off her pearly whites. He leaned forward planting a sweet kiss on her forehead.

“You’re strong. I love that about you,” he rested his forehead on hers gazing into her eyes. 

"It was um...my first date too," she blushed under his stare. 

"It was?" He asked forgetting that Shinhye never had a relationship before. 

"Yes and it was the best disregarding what happened afterwards. Kamsahamnida," she bowed her head in respect. 

"Once the guys see you I'll be getting even more injuries," Yonghwa stood up from her bed stretching his arms to the ceiling. 

"Wae?" She asked.

"You got hurt under my care. I have to let them kick my ," he replied refreshing her memory. 

"But not without a fight," she smirked.

"You're awesome," he couldn't believe she gave him permission to defend himself.