Kept my promise and I'll keep more

Voice

 

“ yeah,” Yonghwa whispered still resting his forehead on top of hers. Shinhye giggled as she smiled feeling his breath on her lips. “You’re not bad,” he held her hands in his. She didn’t know how to react to that. “At kissing I mean,” he chuckled at her modest reaction.

“It’s a first for me,” she admitted looking down at her legs.

“Last night you mean?” He asked aghast. Shinhye nodded innocently. “How am I then? I know, I’m pretty good yea?” He smirked. She looked up flicking his forehead.

“Don’t be so cocky!” She laughed at him squeezing his hands with every “ha!”

“You’re so cute,” he blurted out staring with her with an angelic smile. Shinhye felt her heart burst seeing his expression. Heat inside her engulfed her stomach, her arms prickly again, but she kept her eyes on him. She didn’t want the sight to go away. Yonghwa acted like his fake kindness but with honesty. Yonghwa looked at her DVD collection remembering his promise. “Come on!” He dragged her out of her apartment.

“Yah! Where are we going?” She asked surprised at the sudden run.

“Just wait here,” they stood outside of her apartment waiting for their limo. Yonghwa was texting someone on his phone.

“Are you planning something?” She asked him getting no response. Shinhye sighed at his obvious actions. “Look if we’re going to an expensive restaurant then you can forget it. I wouldn’t be able to pay you back,” she made sure he heard her.

“As if I’d pay that much for you,” he replied rudely. She scoffed crossing her arms. How could I forget he was still a snob? She thought to herself glaring at her… Was she truly able to call him her ‘boyfriend’ now? Well they were kissing just earlier. In her own home on her couch with her lips. Willingly. Just thinking about that scene made her face beet red. “Come on our ride’s here,” Yonghwa took her hand waking her up from her thoughts. “Do you want me to open your car door?” He actually asked first.

“Nah I can do it myself,” she replied.

“As I thought,” he chuckled getting in. At first Shinhye thought if not the restaurant then probably back to their mansion. But she was wrong.

“Where are we going?” She shook his arm staring at the window.

“Close your eyes,” he instructed her.

“Wae? Is it an expensive restaurant?” She asked in an expectant tone.

“No just close your eyes,” he repeated lifting her hands over her vision. She sighed as she kept it over her brownie gaze. Yonghwa took her right hand leading her outside of the limo. “Keep them close,” he repeated, “thanks bro.” He tipped the driver, something he never does. He gently took Shinhye’s hands leading her into a building. After properly seating her he told her, “okay now open them.”

“We’re in a movie theater,” she rubbed her eyes a bit confused.

“Correction we’re in a rented out movie theater. That will play all of the Harry Potter movies for us starting from the very beginning,” he held her hand resting it on the arm rest.

“H-How did you arrange this?” She felt so much at awe at his gift.

“I texted some people I know and it’s not cheap I can tell you that,” he answered.

“But you said you wouldn’t pay a lot for me,” Shinhye pointed out.

“That restaurant thing is way too cheap for you. And besides this interests you way more and I want to keep my promise,” he smiled at her. He waited for it. There! Shinhye smiled.

“Kamsahamnida!” She kissed his cheek three times making him feel uneasy. “How can I pay you back?” She asked ready to give him the world if possible. She LOVED the Harry Potter series.

“Just keep smiling,” he knew his reply was sappy. But he didn’t give a . For he meant every word. 

“Alright but my cheeks are going to hurt by the end of the day,” she laughed squeezing his hand at the Warner Brother’s Logo before the film.

Throughout the film Yonghwa soaked the magic in. Never did he think he’d enjoy this type of genre. There wasn’t any car chases, gun fights, or swearing. The closest to foul language is Ron Weasley constantly yelling “bloody hell!”

Shinhye spent half of the time watching Yonghwa’s reaction.

“It’s LeviOSa, not leviosAR!” Shinhye imitated the lines word for word.

“You really are obsessed with this,” he observed in awe.

“Keep watching,” she smiled enjoying her favorite fandom.

Later into the movie…“Wait why does Voldemort need that stone?” Yonghwa asked.

“Shh just pay attention!” Shinhye replied turning his chin to the screen. At least he’s showing interest. They were at the of the movie. Harry and his friends went through multiple obstacles for Harry to meet the villain. Watching Yonghwa’s reaction she was satisfied. He literally was on the edge of his seat with puppy dog eyes glued to the characters. He patiently waited for something big to happen. Finally the movie was wrapping up. Harry received an album containing moving pictures of his parents from Hagrid.

For once Yonghwa gave a . He felt touched at this kind gesture knowing how lonely Harry felt all these years. Not knowing his parents one bit of his life. Sounds like someone he knows… “It feels strange to be going home, doesn’t it?” Hermione asked her new best friends. Everyone began boarding the train to leave the Wizarding School of Witchcraft until next school year.

“I’m not going home. Not really.” Harry spoke his last line before heading on the Hogwarts Express. The instrumental music builds up and so does Yonghwa’s emotions. He never knew a kid’s movie would make him feel so sad but happy. In fact he was so touched by the film he gained teary eyes.

“H-How’d you like i-it?” Shinhye definitely let her sobs be known.

! Stop crying! Yonghwa looked away from her sniffling as softly as he could.

“Y-Yah! Are y-you cryi-ing?” She heard his tiny whimpers.

“No! And stop sounding like p-poor P-Professor Q-Quirrell!” He faced her mocking her stuttering. She saw blobs of water at the corner of his eyes.

“You are crying! I knew you’d love it!” She took hold of his arm leaning her head on his shoulder. He couldn’t stop his blush from coming. He lifted her chin to look up. Like last night he caressed the sides of her face as his thumbs wiped her tears away. “Kamsahamnida,” she smiled lifting her hands to wipe his baby tears.

“If the band asks I wasn’t crying,” he stated.

“Sure sure,” she assured him getting the last of his tears. Hers dried up as well. “How’d you love the movie?” A big question popped out of . She expected a simple answer from him. Maybe he’d insult it just to mess with her.

“On a scale of 1 to 10…I say 110. Harry is very much relatable and seeing him gain friends, courage, and go through this entire life changing experience I give the boy props. If I were in his place, having a giant telling me to follow him. I’d get the out.” He gave a rather long answer and a good answer at that. 

"Correct answer!" Shinhye clapped her hands together.

"Wae? There's a wrong one?" Yonghwa didn't believe the possiblity of him being wrong.

Yonghwa didn’t believe the possibility of him being wrong.

“No you’re entitled to your opinion. Even if your opinion ,” Shinhye once again showed kindness. In her own way.

“What’s my prize for being right?” He raised an eyebrow at her. She didn’t have any money on her, and what could she give a rich guy like him? “Do I have to spell it out for you?” He leaned forward giving her a surprise kiss. He broke away quickly as she stayed frozen. “Come on lets go,” he took her hand removing her from her warm seat.

“What about the other movies?” She felt hesitant as her eyes stared at their hands interlocked.

“I promise to watch every Harry Potter movie with you. We’ll make it every other day. So the day after tomorrow is our next movie date.” The word date echoed in her head. I’m on a date. An actual date. And with Yonghwa! She thought to herself feeling giddy all of a sudden.

“But we’re not going to watch in a movie theater! I don’t want you to spend all of that money on me. I have all of the movies on DVD and Blu-Ray so we’ll watch it at home.” Shinhye felt grateful that he would spend so much on her. But felt uncomfortable up to the point where it would be too much.

“Araso I understand. I promise and if I break that promise then I’ll let my band mates kick my .” He chuckled at the thought. As if that’ll ever happen. He thought to himself.  As soon as they left the building paparazzi ambushed them.