Can't

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

Once Leo is gone from the room, N approaches Ken who's sitting on his bed. 

"You threw a tantrum. "N says matter of factly, noticing the absence of the photo frame on Ken's bedside table and the cracks over the mirror of the makeup table. "Did you hurt yourself? "

Ken lowers his gaze, feeling small and ashamed of himself. "I'm sorry, hyung. "He mutters. 

"Are you hurt? "N demands once more and Ken slowly shakes his head. "Did anyone else got hurt? "N inquires again and Ken still shakes his head.

"I didn't hurt myself... or anyone else. "Ken explains, feeling a sudden fear. Fear that N might go away again now that the leader has found out that he was unable to control himself from lashing out. 

N sits down on the edge of Ken's bed and gently caress the main vocalist's head. "Okay. "He says. "Thats good. "He smiles slightly. "When Eunkwang told me that you lost your temper, I was really worried, you know? I'm scared that any one of you got hurt . "He sounds so worried that it makes Ken feels bad for causing the worry. 

"I'm really sorry, hyung. "He says. 

"Since no one got hurt, it's okay. "N assures. "But next time please don't do it anymore. If you're so angry that you can't hold it in anymore, just find me and talk to me, okay? "

"But... I already did. "Ken says. "I called for you,no, cried for you but you didn't come. You didn't come to listen to me. You wasn't there. "He blurts out. 

This time, it's N's turn to feel bad. He suddenly feels useless as a leader knowing that he wasn't present when s need him. "I'm sorry. It's my fault this time, I know. "He admits but Ken just shakes his head. 

"Hyung... "the main vocalist calls out softly, scooting closer to N. "Hyukie... "

"Mhmm? "

"He apologized to me. "

"That's good. "N comments. "And? "

"But I can't forgive him. It's too hard, hyung. "

"Why can't you? "N asks. 

Ken sighs heavily. "He hurts my feelings a lot. It's just... to painful to even think of. I really want to forgive him and let everything remain as the past but I really can't, hyung. I can't . "

"Because everytime you think about it you feel like you heart's being torn apart again and again... right? "N sounds too understanding, too knowing that it reminds Ken that the leader was also a victim of Hyuk's sword-like words. "I know how you feel, Jaehwan. And I can't blame you if you're not willing to forgive him because I know how much it hurts. "

Ken swallows heavily. "Did he really called you... disgusting, hyung? "He asks but immediately regrets it when N's expression changes to a pure sorrow. 

N looks away, refusing to answer. 

"Hyung, I'm--"

"I understand how hard it is to forgive someone who hurts you that much, Jaehwan. So I get it if you feel like you can't forgive him. "N concludes. "But I also know that you love him, you love our maknae."he says. 

"I do love him. I mean, he's my dongsaeng, how can I not love him? But I just... can't. I can't forgive him. He insults me on things that he knows I'm self conscious about, my weak points . "Ken grumbles and N couldn't help but to smile at that. 

"Our Hyukie is smart that way, Jaehwan-ah. "He agrees. "I won't force you to forgive him eventhough I really want you to. "He says. "But I want you to ask yourself, how much you love Hyukie? And what does he means to you? Once you get the answer, then you decide whether you want to forgive him or not. "He instructs. "Can you do that? "

Ken nods and N pats his head in approval. 

"Good boy. "N compliments him. 

"What about you, hyung? "Ken asks. 

N blinks. "What about me? "He echoes. "About what? "

"Hyuk. "Ken says. "Did you forgive Hyuk? "

N doesn't even hesitate to nod. "Of course. "He says. "He may hurt me a lot but he's still my dongsaeng no matter what and I wouldn't want to let our relationship be less than that. "He explains. 

"What about Taekwoon-hyung? Do you forgive him too? "Ken questions. "You were so angry at him. You said he disappointed you. After all that, are you still able to forgive him? "