Late

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

By the time N arrive back at the dorm that night, it is already quite late. The day has been exhausting to him; he couldn't focus well on his schedules and he keeps messing things up. Even during the last schedule of the day, a drama shooting, he can't convey the emotion the director wanted him to convey, forcing them to shoot the scenes more than once until the director finally gets frustrated at him and stops the shooting for that day. He feels guilty about it, of course, but he's also somewhat relieved because he knows his mind has wander too far frrom what he's supposed to be doing that moment. 

He's scared and anxious of what Hyuk's decision will be. 

'Will Hyuk really leave VIXX? '

'If he does, will Hakyeon be prepared to accept it? '

'Probably not. '

'He'll never be prepared to let Hyuk go. To let VIXX go. VIXX has been an important part of his life. And he doesn't think that he'll be able to live without VIXX. '

"Please, Hyuk. Don't leave. "

 

 

Hyuk is sitting restlessly on the couch, staring at the door of the dorm. He doesn't even move. 

"Hakyeon-hyung will be late tonight. "Hongbin says matter of factly. He knows their leader is busy with his drama shooting lately so it's common for him to return home even later than usual. 

Hyuk just nods. 

"You don't have to wait there, you know that right? "

"Hakyeon-hyung will be mad if I don't. "

Hongbin sighs. He knows N will never be mad at such silly thing if it's any usual day but maybe, just maybe, this time he will. They can never expect what he'll do during these time. "I'm sorry. "

Hyuk finally turn his attention to the visual. "Sorry? Why? "

Hongbin smiles sadly. "For not being a good hyung to you. I'm horrible, I know. I understand that you're mad at me and I deserve that. "

Hyuk stays silent. 'Yes, he's mad at Hongbin. He's mad at him for being so ignorant about his feelings and for making him feel so useless and small so he's not going to deny it. '

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk but if you give me a chance, I'll be a better hyung for you. "

Hyuk turns away from him. 'Chance? '

Just then, the door finally open and the person Hyuk was waiting for walks  into the dorm. 

"W-welcome home, hyung. You're... early today. "Hongbin stutters out in which N just ignores him. 

N's steps are slow and shaky, almost as if his legs aren't strong enough to support his weight, or more accurately, the burden of worry and responsibility he's carrying. His face clearly shows the weariness he's feeling. The lips which used to smile so much, is now merely shaped in a tight line and the furrow over his brows isn't hiding his weariness either. 

"Han Sanghyuk. "He states. No, not in the firm tone he had that morning but in a tone that make people think that he wants to give up in everything. He sounds so helpless and broken. 

Hyuk looks up at him and his chest constricts painfully upon taking in N's current condition. 'What has he done to him? '

"What's your decision? "