Teenager

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

Minhyuk's question makes N think. 

'Did he really hurt Hyuk's feeling without realising it? '

"I... don't know. "N admits guilty. "Maybe I did? "

Of course he did. Now that he ponders about it, he remembers all the times he scolded Hyuk for even the slightest mistake he made during their training and performance. Also for the times he drags him to the practice room at such ungodly hours, ruining his sleep, just to force him to practice to perfection, ignoring his complains and his whine of pain. 

He had been too strict on him. 

"Have you apologised? "Minhyuk asks. He knows N always apologise for each of his mistakes no matter to who.  

N stays silent for a long time as he tries to remember. Yes, he did hurt Hyuk's feelings by the things he did but he haven't apologise for them yet. Not because he doesn't want to, but because he's been too busy that it just slipped off his mind. 

"I... haven't. "

"Why not? "

"I forgot. I've... been--"

"Too busy? "

N hesitantly nods, looking slightly scared as if expecting his friend to scold him. Minhyuk who notices that N has become tense at his question reaches for his hand and gently caress it, assuring him that he's not going to scold him or anything. His intention is only to help him and certainly not to add to his stress. 

"I think Hyuk's just really upset. You know how kids his age are. You've been through it yourself, remember? We all have. There's just moments when you feel like everything is going against you, trying to drag you down. Maybe Hyuk's feeling that way right now  and he didn't know how to deal with it so he just let it out on you, his hyungs? "

N thinks about Minhyuk's reasoning and realise that it might be true. Maybe their maknae is just really stressed out at the moment. 

"You do remember that Hyuk's just 17 when VIXX debuted, right? Most teens at that age are rebelling,  worrying about their girlfriends, their grades, their exams, their future job but Hyuk? He's too busy preparing for his debut that he didn't even have time for all that. He didn't even get to rebel like he should so maybe he's been keeping it all inside until he explodes, like now? By being rude? By saying mean things to you? "

N found himself nodding in agreement as all his anger and disappointments towards the maknae vanished just like that. 

"Why won't he talk to me then? I'm always ready to listen. "

"I know you are. But maybe he can't because he's still mad at you for not apologising for your mistakes? Besides, didn't you say that you're too busy nowadays? Have you been able to find the time to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him like what we're doing now? "

N shakes his head. Yes, he admits that it has been a long time since he have a proper talk with Hyuk or any of s. He's too occupied by his schedules. 

"So it's my fault in the first place? "

Minhyuk smile slightly. "Not fully. It's Hyuk's fault too. "

"Then what should I do? "

"Apologise first. Other things will come naturally, I'm sure. "

N huffs causing Minhyuk to chuckle. 

"I know you're hurt by Hyuk's words too but wasn't it you who told me that being older means you have to learn to give up? "

N sighs. Yes, he did say that. 

"I should say sorry first. "He states. 

Minhyuk nods . "Yes. "

"Alright then. "N gives up. 

"Good. Now should we go get something to eat? You're hungry right? "

"Starving. "

Minhyuk laughs. "Let's go then. Ah! Change your clothes first. I think there's some in my room from your last visit. "

N finally cracks a smile. 

"Thanks, Minhyuk. "