Picture

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

Minhyuk very carefully lowers N into the seat next to the driver's seat before putting on the seatbelt for him and entering the car himself. 

N hasn't said a word since he met him a while ago but Minhyuk can clearly see the tears on his face so he knows something really bad must have happened for that best friend of his to react that way. 

Starting the engine of the car, he notices that N is trembling quite violently. 

"Are you cold? "He asks, not really expecting an answer, as he reaches out towards the backseat of his car to retrieve his own sweater. Gently, he laid the sweater over N's body and at the moment, he finally have the opportunity to carefully inspect the VIXX leader's face. 

Something struck him when he met N's gaze.

It's empty. 

Yes, empty. As in there's actually nothing inside there. 

No feelings even though there are tears leaking from it. 

"Hakyeon? "He hesitantly calls out. 

N look up and Minhyuk had to force out a smile to hide his shock at how dull his best friend looked. 

"I'm here, okay? You can... talk if you want. I'll listen. "He assures. 

N doesn't respond this time. He just sniffs a bit and turn his gaze towards the scenery outside. 

Minhyuk let him, he doesn't want to pressure N into telling him about what has happened eventhough he's really curious.

He still remember how just a few moments ago, when he's still at his own dorm, just waking up, his phone rang with the ringtone specialized for N. However, when he answered the call, instead of hearing N saying a cheerful 'good morning' like he expected, he heard cries instead. 

He was panicked and he almost hyperventilates when N begs for him to be taken away. N didn't answer and just ended the call when he asked where he is but somehow he figured it out because where else could he be at such time? 

He totally didn't expect to be greeted by such a gloomy atmosphere at VIXX  dorm and even more, he certainly didn't expect to see N so broken. 

'Just what has happened? '

 

 

A few minutes after Minhyuk had taken N away is filled with silence before Leo decided to speak up. 

"Who have schedule? "

"Me. "Hongbin and Ken answer simultaneously in a weak tone. 

"Go get ready. You can't be late. "Leo instructs. 

Neither of them protested as they both leave for their own room. 

When Hongbin enters his and Hyuk's shared room, he feels some sort or resentment. Especially when he sees the maknae's belongings scattering on the floor. 

Being an organised person, he would usually clean them up without complaining but today, he's not in the mood to do so. Instead, he just picks up all the things he would need for his schedule, wanting nothing else but to leave the room as soon as possible since it makes him feel suffocated. 

When he bend down to pick his iPod which is on the floor, he sees something under Hyuk's bed. He doesn't really think much as he picks it up. 

It turns out to be a page of the magazine they went for a photo shoot for. Nothing seems to be wrong with their picture but after he stares at it for a while, he notices something. 

Hyuk's face in the picture is scribbled with a marker, making it no longer viewable. 

He frowns. He remembers seeing Hyuk with the magazine just a few days ago, happily looking through the pictures as he commented on how good they looked.

So why would he ruin the picture? Especially on his own face? 

Hongbin feels suspicion rising as he reaches his hand into the space under Hyuk's bed once more. This time, he managed to grip quite a handful of papers which all turn out to be their picture. Whether it's a picture of them as a whole group or the pictures of just some of them. 

But, there's one similarity in all the pictures. 

Hyuk's face is either cut off or scribbled.