Tears

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

Even as the voice message ended, N still stares at the phone in his hand as if trying to shoot a laser through it. After what feels like an eternity, he finally looks up at Leo, only to see that the main vocalist's eyes are b with tears. 

Without any words, he pulls him into his arms and embraces him tightly. Soon enough, he feels warm liquid trickling down his neck from where Leo has buried his face. 

It makes sense to him now, why Leo was so reluctant to share his problem with him. It's because the problem involves his pride and dignity as VIXX 's main vocalist and his position as a member of VIXX. 

"Don't listen to those words, Woonie. You know it's not true. "

Leo doesn't reply. 

"Hyuk was probably really drunk when he said all that. I'm sure he doesn't mean it. "

This time, Leo harshly detach himself from N. "You still defend him! "He snaps, roughly wiping his tears away, now refusing to let the leader witness his vulnerable side. 

"I'm not, Taekwoon. "N sighs. It seems like he has said the wrong thing. 

"Yes, you are!  Why aren't you mad at Hyuk?!   Why would you still be on his side?! Why would you give excuses for him?! "Leo can no longer control his feelings. He feels frustrated and upset. 

"Listen--"

"You're being unfair, Hakyeon! "

"Taekwoon, listen! "N half screams. However, upon seeing how shocked Leo is at the sudden rise in his voice, he immediately regrets it. "Sorry... "

"You're unfair... "Leo whispers. 

N breathes deeply. "Taekwoon... there must be a reason why Hyuk said all that. Maybe he was really upset at you? He said you bully him? He said you always scold him? "

"I never bully him. "Leo says quietly. "Even when I scolded him, it's because he's the one who asked for it. He never paid attention when I tried explaining things to him. He's always talking back when I tried to correct his mistakes. "

"I believe you, Taekwoon. I know you wouldn't scold him for nothing. He is always a handful to manage, I know that.It's because most of the times, he doesn't see things the way we do. Everything's fun to him, even making fool of us makes him happy. "N says.

When Leo opens his mouth to retaliates, he quickly speak up again. "I'm not defending him, really. I know what he did was wrong. I know how hurt you are by his words and by what he had done to your hard works. I'm certainly not going to say that it's alright to do all that because it's not. And now I agree with you, he really do deserve a punishment. "

Leo seems surprised at N's last sentence. "You agree? "

N nods. "It was really mean of him to do that so yes, he deserves a consequence for that. "

Leo looks relieved at the confirmation. 

"But before that, we're going to talk to him first, okay? Let him explain himself before we decide anything. Can you tolerate that? "

"Yes, I can. "