Awake

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

N smiles softly when Hyuk's eyes landed on him. However, he notices that the maknae's eyes are glazed and unfocused. 

"Hey, there. "N says, brushing away the strands of hair from Hyuk's forehead. 

Hyuk blinks. 

"Are you thirsty? You must be, right? "N asks, noticing the cracks over Hyuk's used to be pink, healthy lips.

Again, Hyuk just blinks. 

"Wonshik, can you get--"N stops talking abruptly when Ravi s a glass of water into his hands. "Thanks. "

Ravi just nods, keeping his eyes on Hyuk who just stares back blankly with those hazy eyes. 

"Here, can you get up? "N tries to help Hyuk to sit down by supporting his back. When the maknae managed to do that, even though he's fully depending on N, the leader held the glass of water to his lips and tilts it. 

Some of the water thankfully enters Hyuk's mouth but most of it just spill, wetting the maknae's sweat-damped shirt. 

"Ah, sorry! "N quickly grabs a tissue from the nightstand before trying to dry the wet shirt using it. "Get me a new shirt, Wonshik. "He orders when his effort turns out to be useless. 

Ravi does as he's told, opening the maknae's closet to find some clean, comfortable shirt. When he founds it, he hands it to N. 

"Let's get you changed, okay? "N says softly, ing Hyuk's shirt. However, once he let go of the hold he has over Hyuk, the maknae just falls back to the bed lifelessly. 

"Hyuk? "N calls out, only to see that the maknae has his eyes tightly closed once again. 

"He fall asleep? "Ravi asks, confused. 

N doesn't reply to the rapper as he lightly taps Hyuk's cheek, being careful as to not hurt him in his frail state. "Hyuk? Don't scare me. "He sounds like he's begging. "Look at me, please. "

Hyuk reopen his eyes halfway, staring back at N. His half lidded eyes clearly display the fatigue he's experiencing. 

"Are you sleepy? "N asks in a relieved tone, glad that the maknae is still conscious enough to hear him. 

Hyuk just let his eyelids drop as an answer. 

N chuckles a bit. "Alright then. Sleep well. "He says. When he's sure that Hyuk is deep asleep, he proceeds to change his shirt. 

 

 

When N emerges out of the maknaes' shared room, Leo is still at the same place. The only difference is the expression on his face, which somehow looks irritated or annoyed. 

"Have you eaten, Taekwoon? "N asks. 

Leo shakes his head but says nothing. 

"Do you want me to get you anything? I'm going out for a while. "

"Out for what? "Leo demands in a harsh tone, which shocks N a bit to the point where he approaches the main vocalist very slowly. 

"To buy some meds for Hyuk. He's sick. Are you okay? Or are you unwell too? "N inquires in concern, placing the back of his hand to Leo's forehead to check his temperature. 

Leo slowly pulls away from N's touch as he turn to look at him. 

"Why do you care about him? "

"Him? "N is confused. 

"Hyuk. "Leo explains between gritted teeth. 

"He's my dongsaeng. Of course I would care about him. "N answers as if it is that obvious, which it is. 

"He hurt you,didn't he? He said you're useless. "Leo reminds uncaringly.

N's expression darkens a bit but he managed to regain himself very quickly. "He was just angry. "

"Was he? He surely looked like he really meant it. "Leo retaliates. 

N furrows his eyebrow. "Why are you saying this? You want me to be mad at him? "He asks, truly oblivious to the reason why Leo would say such things. 

"You should be. "Leo confirms. "He was incredibly rude and that's not tolerable. "

"Not tolerable? "

"Yes. "

"What do you want me to do then? Punish him?"

"Indeed. "