Candle

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

To Minhyuk's relief, the doctor told him that N's condition isn't anything serious and that it was just a panic attack somehow but N still need to take a few days off from his schedules to recover properly. Thus, it leads to Minhyuk having taken N to his house after some 'talk' with VIXX's manager through the phone. 

After hours of sleeping, N wakes up in a warm, cozy bed in a dimly-lighted room which is filled with the smell of his hand made scented candle. 

'HIS handmade scented candle? '

N sits up in alarm, he knows he can't be in his own room  as he has never ever light up the candle he made. Ever. All his handmade candles serve as merely a decoration in the dorm so he knows he's certainly not in his dorm either. 

"Hakyeon? "Someone suddenly pokes their head from the crack of the door and N had to squint his eyes to see the person properly. "Ah, you're awake. Thank goodness. "The person breathes in relief as he steps into the room. 

"Minhyuk? "N asks, finally able to see the familiar figure of his bestfriend. 

"Yeah. "Minhyuk says. "Can I switch on the light? "He asks, worried that he may irritate N's eyes if he switch on the light all of sudden. He knows N's eyes are probably sensitive for the time being since he has been sleeping for quite some time. 

N gives him a confused nod and the room suddenly becomes too bright, forcing him to close back his eyes for a few moment to adjust. When he opens them back, Minhyuk's worried face is right in front of him causing him to yelp in surprise. 

"Sorry. "Minhyuk grins sheepishly. "How are you feeling? "he inquires, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

"I'm... okay? "N answers hesitantly, looking around the unfamiliar room only to see a few of his handmade pink-coloured candles on the windowsill. He remembers giving them to Minhyuk not long ago. 

"I like the blue ones better but since I used all of them up these pink ones would have to do. "Minhyuk explains when he notices that N is looking at the candles .  

"What? "N questions. 

"I'm talking about the candles, Hakyeon. "Minhyuk chuckles fondly at the look over N's face. It seems that N is still dazed somehow. "I'll bring you some drink, okay? "he says, leaving the room. 

When he returns just a few minutes later, N is already standing by the windowsill, blowing on the candles to extinguish them. "The smell is too strong. "He complains when he looks up to see Minhyuk holding out a drink for him to take. 

Minhyuk just nods, gesturing for him to sit down on the chair by the window. 

"Where are we? "N asks, taking the drink gratefully. 

"My home. "

"Your home? "Well, N has never really went to Minhyuk's own house before. They usually just meet up at the BtoB's dorm. 

Minhyuk nods. 

"It's nice. "N compliments in which Minhyuk just smiles in return. 

They sit in silence for a while before N speaks up again. "Is everyone okay? "

Minhyuk doesn't answer immediately. If he doesn't know  N as much as he do, he would be clueless as to who the everyone  N was asking about. However, he knows N all too well. " Your members are all fine, I'm sure. "He assures. 

"I went too far, didn't I? I really shouldn't say those things. I guess I was too upset. "N sighs heavily. 

"You didn't, Hakyeon. They deserve to know or they'll continue doing what they did. "Minhyuk's becomes defensive all of sudden. He hates it when N acts so selfless.

"Are you angry? "N asks. 

Minhyuk huffs loudly. "Doesnt matter. "

N chuckles. "Thank you, Minhyuk-ah. For caring about me. "