Deserve

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

When Ravi and Hongbin finally snapped out of their dazed state after hearing N's outburst, they rush out of the dorm to run after Leo and Ken. Well, only Ravi run after them while Hongbin rushes towards Hyuk who's still crying his eyes out on the floor. 

Just like Leo, Hongbin also find it hard to believe that their beloved maknae, Hyuk, said those horrible words to N. But in one way, he somehow understands why Hyuk did it. He knows that Hyuk is still in his rebellious stage, just like how he was a few years back.

He remembers storming out of the practice room, claiming that he wanted to quit when their debut was coming in just a few days. He remembers how upset Ken and Ravi were and how Leo seems to be angry at him while Hyuk merely sat at the corner of the room, looking dejected and sullen. He also remembers how N silently followed him as he went to the rooftop. He remembers how warm N's hug was. He remembers N whispering soothing words into his ears. He remembers N telling him that he believe in him and that he'll always be there for him. Yes, he remembers all those things and he's thankful for that. He's thankful for N because if it wasn't for him,he would never be with VIXX as he would have given up years ago.  

And he feels bad for Hyuk because when the maknae is experiencing his own rebellious stage, N isn't here for him. But he doesn't blame N though, because he knows, N is working hard for VIXX and he's too busy to spend them with them. 

"I'm sorry, Hyuk. "He whispers, tightening his hug just as Hyuk buries his face into Hongbin's shoulder. Yes, he's sorry. He's sorry for not being someone whom Hyuk can share his problems with, just like N to him. If only he cared enough to be an N for Hyuk, maybe all this wouldn't happen. 

 

 

When Ravi finally makes it out of the dorm, Minhyuk is already nowhere in sight. Leo is standing frozen in the hallway with Ken just a few steps behind him. 

"Hyung? "Ravi calls out hesitantly, slowly approaching Ken. "Why--where's Hakyeon-hyung? "He asks. 

Ken says nothing as he merely stares straight at Leo. 

Leo finally turn his back to face his two dongsaengs. "Minhyuk. "He says simply. 

Ravi blinks. He doesn't understand. 

Leo sighs as he raises a hand and wipe away the stray tears that has started to flow down his cheeks. "He's with Minhyuk, Wonshik. "He explains. 

"Why? "

"Because right now, we don't deserve him. "