Still

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

N patiently waits for s to finish eating and once they did, he finally speaks up. 

"So, was it good? "he starts, trying to ease the tension. 

Ken, Ravi and Hongbin nod while Leo remain silent. 

"I bought it at our favouri--"

"Cut it, Hakyeon. Just get to the point. "Leo urges, wanting to get it done and over with. 

N sighs. "Are you still mad at Hyuk? "He asks. 

No one responds. 

"I want your answers. "

Leo, Ken and Ravi nod but Hongbin shakes his head. 

"You're not mad at Hyuk anymore? "N turns his attention to Hongbin who refuses to look up, shoving the leftovers of his food with the spoon. 

"No, hyung. "The visual says truthfully. 

"That's good. "N gives him a smile, which calms him down a bit even with the glare he's receiving from Ken. 

N turn to look at the remaining three. "You're still mad. "He states, this time not hoping for any response. "I understand, don't worry. "He assures. "I'm still mad too. "

Ravi and Ken snap their head towards N, surprised at the fact. "You are? "

N nods. "Hyuk was really rude. What he said really hurt, I know. "He quickly raises a hand to wipe the tear that starts to fall down his cheeks. "Sorry. "He mutters, ashamed that his dongsaengs had to watch him cry once again. He stands up and washes his face at the sink before sitting back down. 

"We can talk later. "Leo offers out of the blue, he refuse to see N having a break down all over again because the last time he did, which was yesterday's morning, Leo can feel his own heart break. He doesn't think he'll be able to handle seeing the leader in tears again in such a short period of time or else he'll break himself. 

"There's no later, Taekwoon. I want to solve this right now. "N says, preventing the main vocalist from leaving. 

"Then don't cry. "

N sniffles. "I'm not. Something got into my eyes. "He gave a sorry excuse for the salty liquid flowing out of his eyes, earning a snort from Leo. 

N pouts at that. "Blow it out for me? "He inquires, turning to Ken who just cups the leader's face and blow at his eyes. He knows there's actually no need for that since N was lying anyway but decided to just go along with him. 

"Done. "Ken announces, gently removing his hands just as N blinks. 

"Thanks. "N says. "Anyway. It's okay to be mad because we have a good reason to. But imagine being in his shoes."

"What do you mean? "Ken asks. 

"You see, when his friends are busy with their studies, their girlfriends, their grades, he's busy with VIXX. Practicing our choreography, our songs, getting ready for performance, for tours, for fan meetings. He barely even have time for his family. He couldn't experience what people his age does. "

"I don't see your point. All that is not an excuse for his attitude. "Leo says. 

"I know, but--"

"We practice too, we prepare for performance, for tours, for fan meetings too. We have a busier schedule than him. Heck, we're barely able to see our families. At least he can still go back home every month but us? Only on special occasions. Just how many times a year is that? 5? 6? Having no time for family or personal interest have nothing to do with attitude. "Leo retaliates, refusing to acknowledge N's reasoning. 

N huffs, annoyed that Leo won't listen. "I know. But remember this, he's younger than us. We trained for years yet he trained for months. You think he's lucky to be able to debut so quickly? Well he isn't. During our trainee years, we've managed to experience all the things that can make us familiar with our soon to be idol life. But him? He never get those chance. Plus, we used to focus only on our debut but he? He have school to attend. Even after our debut, he still have to juggle between school and schedule. Don't you think it's tiring? Have you heard him complaining when we arrived home at 2, 3 in the morning and he had to get ready for school in just a few hours? Have you think how hard it was? "

Everyone is silent.

"Well, I've never heard his complains. He just went through everything silently. Now, he let everything go. His frustration, his anger, his disappointment. He's rebelling now when he could just rebel years ago. Even so, he did nothing to ruin our group's image. Yes, he's rude. Yes, he disrespects us. But he never do anything that can bring down our group. He doesn't go around dating girls and creating scandals, he doesn't go out drinking or clubbing. He acts up, yes. But only here, with us. In front of us. Not outside."

N takes a deep breath. "Taekwoon, Jaehwan, I know there's another reason why you're so mad at him. I know it's not just because of his rudeness. I know it might be hard for you to share it with me but please, do it. Let me know your problem so I can help. No matter how hard it is, I swear I will help. "

"I know Hyuk hurt you a lot. But please, understand him. He is and forever will be our dongsaeng so don't disown him. Don't hurt him back because doing that means you hurt me too. "