Decision

In Which Hyuk Wished N To Be Mute

"My... decision... "Hyuk mumbles. Yes, he had his decision earlier but seeing N like that makes him forget everything. 

'What happened to Hakyeon-hyung? '

'Why did he sound like that? '

'Is he... okay? '

 N staggers yet he still manages to approach Hyuk and sit opposite him. 

"Tell me your decision. "the leader repeats, trying to sound demanding but fails miserably. He sounded like he's begging instead. 

"Hyung, maybe you should go lie dow--"Hongbin unconsciously interrupts. Somehow, he can sense that N is not doing well at the moment and the leader really looks like he could just drop right there and then. 

"Get in your room, Hongbin. "N cuts the visual's words off as he slump against the couch, covering his face with both his hands and drawing in a long, deep breath. "Please. "

Hongbin hesitates. He doesn't want to go away. He wants to know what they're talking about but most importantly, he wants to make sure that N is okay. 

"Go. "N urges, getting impatient. 

Hongbin had to give in. "Call me if you need anything. "He remind before doing what N asked him to. 

Once Hongbin left, N uncovers his face and with low voice, whispers. "I'm really tired, Hyuk. "

Hyuk is taken aback for a while. He certainly didn't expect the leader to say that to him because he can pretty much see it himself. 

N chuckles bitterly when Hyuk gives no response. "I know. You don't care anymore. "

"I-I... "Hyuk becomes even more speechless at the sad tone of N's voice. 

"Never mind. Forget I said that. "N says weakly. "So what's your decision? "

"My... "Hyuk trailed off. "Do you want a drink? "He asks suddenly. 

N blinks at him in confusion. "What? "

"A drink. You said you're tired so maybe... you want something to drink."

N stares at him, causing him to be even more anxious. 

"If... you want to rest first, I'll wait for you. "Hyuk offered nervously. 

N shakes his head. "No, thank you. "He declined eventhough what Hyuk said make him a bit glad. "I just want your decision. "

Hyuk sighs as he cast his eyes downwards, refusing to let N read his expression. "I... won't leave. "

N thinks that he heard wrong because he's still expecting the maknae to give a negative decision. But did the maknae really give the opposite decision? "S-say it again? "He pleads, sounding so hopeful. 

Hyuk breathes deeply. "I won't leave. I want to stay here... with VIXX. "The next thing he knows, N's arms are wrapped around him and a somewhat warm body presses against his. 

"T-thank you... thank you... thank you... thank you, Hyuk. "N says in such a thankful tone, a bit muffled as he has his face buried into Hyuk's neck. "You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you. "

At first Hyuk goes stiff in the leader's hold. He's expecting N to beat the life out of him or scold him like there's no tomorrow or something like that because of his stupidity. But he certainly never expect to be thanked and embraced in such joy by N. It makes him happy yet sad at the same time. 

'He really did make N worry, didn't he? '

'N never want him gone after all. '

"Thank you, Hyuk. "N repeats for the nth time and Hyuk finally let his body relax. Without his consent, tears once again marred his face. This time because of guilt and regret. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. "