*Special: Yoongi's first day at his elementary school

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

A/N: Hi I'm so sorry this is late (I didn't save my work and when my computer just shut down I had to rewrite everything...) but I've been thinking of chappies which focus on only one member, and in this case it's our sweet Suga! Well, he's starting his first day at elementary school (ft. VIXX's Hakyeon (N), Taekwoon (Leo) and EXO's Jongin (Kai)) Hope you enjoy!

***********************************************

"Go get breakfast," Seokjin says as he tidies up Yoongi's bow for him. Yoongi pouts. 

"I don't wanna go to elementary school." 

"You don't have a choice," Seokjin says. "I didn't want to either." 

Yoongi doesn't say anything else but his face is a mask of gloom even as he walks down the stairs to eat his breakfast. The rest of his brothers are talking excitedly about the friends that they've missed in preschool, but Yoongi's thoughts are just concentrated on elementary school. For days on end, he'd hear his hyung muttering something about how lessons in elementary school is harder than that of preschool. 

He bites into his sandwich, trying not to think about it.

************************************************
"Hyung, does elementary school have snack time?" 

"Well, of course, but we call that recess time. It's like a big boy term, you know," Seokjin says. Yoongi's small meaty hand is clutching onto Seokjin's as the two walk to their school after dropping the others off at their preschool. Seokjin and Yoongi reach the school gates.

"Alright, I'm going to walk you over to your class, and then I'll have to go already, okay?" 

"But I don't want hyung to leave," Yoongi whines, grabbing onto Seokjin's hand even tighter.

"The teachers there are nice," says Seokjin. "And you'll make friends there. After today, you won't even want to leave!" 

"B-But," Yoongi pleads with Seokjin with his puppy dog eyes.

"No, stop that!" Seokjin grins as he finds Yoongi's class. The teacher is standing outside, waiting for the new students.

"Hi, teacher!" Seokjin recognizes his English teacher from the previous year. "This is Yoongi, my brother." 

"Oh, hello, Seokjin-shi, Yoongi-shi," his teacher smiles down at Yoongi. "I'll be your homeroom teacher for this year, okay? And it'll be fun."

 At the word "fun", Yoongi perks up, "Really?" 

"Yes, and you'll get to meet new people and become friends," says the teacher. "Come on." She takes Yoongi's hand from Seokjin, but Yoongi breaks out from her grasp and rushes over to his hyung, hugging him.

"Will you come and pick me up after school?" Yoongi looks up at his hyung.

"Yup," Seokjin nods, and gives Yoongi a little peck on the forehead before leaving Yoongi with the teacher and heading to his own class, which is just one level above Yoongi's.

****************************************************

"Hello, class, this is our final student, Min Yoongi," the teacher says. "Yoongi, can you sit over there?" The teacher points to an empty seat beside a silver-haired boy.

Yoongi meekly walks to his seat, keeping his eyes on the ground, not meeting the curious eyes of the other students. Yoongi pulls the chair out and sits in it, putting his bag on the ground.

"Hi, what's your name?" the silver-haired boy asks, sporting a wide grin.

"Uh, Yoongi," Yoongi says, confused. His teacher just said that to the class a few seconds ago.

As if answering his question, the boy says, "Ah, sorry, I didn't hear it just now. I'm Cha Hakyeon." 

"Now, would everyone give their introductions now that everybody's here," the teacher says. "Why don't we start with..." she reads out a list of names and each student stands up, giving a short introduction before sitting down, the whole class clapping after every introduction. Just as Yoongi's hand is about to get numb from clapping so much...

"Min Yoongi?" 

Yoongi immediately stands up and recites the speech that Seokjin had practiced with him. He asked his hyung what he would do if the teacher suddenly asked him to give an introduction and Seokjin had helped him come up with a speech of sorts, even helping him practice late into the night, but of course, not anytime after 10pm. 

"U-Um, my name is Min Yoongi, I'm seven years old and I like playing video games and I like my brothers very much and I don't really like bugs and I like to write and I, uh, I like kimchi and uh...I'm very glad to meet all of you!" Yoongi gives a bow, and all he can hear is his heart beating in his chest as blood courses in his ear.

"That was nice, and informative," the teacher smiles at Yoongi, gesturing for him to sit down. Thankful, Yoongi sits back down in his seat, the round of applause drowning out whatever the teacher is saying next.

"How about you, Hakyeon-shi?" 

Hakyeon stands up beside Yoongi, confidence radiating off his face.

"Hi, I'm Cha Hakyeon and I love my dongsaengs very much. I don't have older brothers but I have troublesome younger ones. I like playing with my dongsaengs and I like dancing, especially contemtopory dance." 

"It's contemporary dance, Hakyeon-shi," his teacher sports the same smile. "You can sit down now." 

"Did you practice that?" Yoongi asks.

"How did you know?" Hakyeon grins. "I had Taekwoon help me. Taekwoon's super quiet but he's super good in languages." 

Well, he had his hyung help him. Yoongi nods as the next child, Yuna, starts her introduction. His first day of school isn't coming to a bad start at least.

************************************

"Come on, Yoongi, this is my brother, Taekwoon!" Hakyeon grins as he pulls a rather solemn boy over. "See! You can be friends! He's in the class next to us." 

Taekwoon looks shyly at Yoongi, his eyes hard though. He practically gives Yoongi the shivers.

"Ah, he's not that bad once you get to know him," says Hakyeon. "Come on, you two. Let's go get food!" 

"Yoongi!" another voice calls from behind them. Yoongi grins a big grin as he turns around and finds his hyung, Seokjin, walking towards him with another older boy.

"Hyung!" Yoongi rushes over and hugs his hyung. "The first day of school wasn't so bad. I made friends with Hakyeon and Taekwoon!" He gestures towards his friends, who wave...well, only Hakyeon but never mind. 

"See, you'd get used to it," Seokjin says. "You can go get food now. Do you want us to follow you to the canteen?" 

"Canteen?" 

"The place where you get food," Taekwoon looks up from the ground. 

Seokjin smiles, "Yup, let's go." 

While the younger group of boys are walking behind Seokjin and his friend, Jongin, Hakyeon whispers into Yoongi's ear, "Your hyung's so nice! I wish I had hyungs too...or at least a noona." 

"I only have one hyung," says Yoongi. 

"Here we are," Seokjin says, before Hakyeon has had a chance to say anything. There are stores ranging from ramen stalls to snack stalls. Grinning in delight, Hakyeon pulls on Taekwoon and Yoongi's hands, leading them to the ramen stall. He turns back and shouts, "Thank you so much, Yoongi's hyung!" 

Yoongi turns a bright shade of red as the rest of the canteen--or at least those surrounding them--to stare at them. Hakyeon doesn't seem to mind and he just keeps talking on and on to Yoongi and Taekwoon about the science lesson they just had.

**************************************

After finishing the ramen, the three boys happily head back to class, already talking about which club they're going to join.

"I wanna join the dance club!" Hakyeon pipes up. Taekwoon gives a slight nod. "Taekwoon says he wanna joins the Glee club! So, Yoongi, whaddya wanna join?" 

"Uh...uh...the basketball club," Yoongi says. 

"Yah, I heard the basketball club is really tough to get in!" Hakyeon grins as they enter their class. "You need brave people and people who work hard...and people who have dreams?" 

"Dreams?" Yoongi looks at Hakyeon as he waves goodbye to Taekwoon. Hakyeon and Yoongi take their seats. 

"Yup, dreams," Hakyeon grins. "I wanna be a dancer--that's my dream, and me and Taekwoon and my brothers wanna be dancers and singers so we can sing and dance cool songs!" 

Dreams, huh? Yoongi looks up at the ceiling. What's my dream? 

"I wanna be..I wanna write stuff," Yoongi says. 

"Write stuff? That's cool! I wanna buy your books next time!" Hakyeon takes out his English books, preparing for English lesson.

Books? Yoongi looks at Hakyeon. Aren't books written by teachers?

******************************************

"Eeeeeeeeeeek!" Yuna's scream pierces the classroom and Yoongi and Hakyeon jump. A butterfly with a wingspan as big as their palm has landed on Yuna's worksheet, and no matter how much she swats at it, the butterfly refuses to budge. Yoongi is sitting directly behind Yuna and has a great view of the butterfly.

"Somebody get the broom," the teacher orders, and just as Hakyeon rises up from his seat...

Yoongi puts his finger at the butterfly's legs, and uses his other hand to urge the butterfly up his hand. The butterfly moves towards his finger, and Yoongi looks up. Everyone is just staring at him in amazement.

"Come on, little butterfly. I'm gonna bring you outside," Yoongi moves towards the front of the class and out the door. He lets the butterfly crawl onto the railing, where it beats its giant wings and start flying again. Yoongi looks at the colorful butterfly with its white body--how beautiful it is. He's got to tell it to his hyung later.

When he gets back to class, the class resumes as per normal, as if the butterfly never existed in the first place, with the exception of a shaken-up Yuna.

"You're so brave! You're gonna get into the basketball club for sure!" Hakyeon whispers and grins.

******************************************

"How was your day?" Seokjin holds Yoongi's hand as he waves goodbye to Hakyeon and Taekwoon, the two of them walking back to their house while he and Seokjin will be going back to their own after picking up the other kids.

'Um, it was good," Yoongi bites his lip.

"What did you do?" 

"Hyung, I wanna get into the basketball club," Yoongi blurts out.

Seokjin ruffles his hair, "Then you've got to work hard." 

"Yeah," Yoongi nods.

Looks like elementary school isn't that bad.