Bangtan at the hospital (#2)

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi again! How's the year so far, dear readers? And whoa! 3 more subbies to 100! 

Yeah I'm back again with another chappie (I honestly freaked out last chappie cos I had to check up on Corpse Party's storyline and came across some...undesirable pictures). This time I'm responding to helloyoona's request: What if Bangtan went to the hospital to get their shots?

Quick question: Were you guys afraid of needles and shots when you were, like, 7 years old (I got my second ever shot then and I heard for my first shot I was so scared I cried the whole day, but that was when I was one and had to get my jaundice shot or something) 

Enjoy as usual! (P.S. I'm already dying on the first week of school. As if homework every day isn't enough I have to stay in school for 12 hours ;P) 

****************************************************************

"Nooooooooooooooo!" Hoseok cries, clinging onto Seokjin's leg as the older tries to drag his foot towards the car. Today, the Bangtan family is in utter chaos. Jungkook is crying in the car. Bang Sihyuk went to run errands and left only Hobeom to take care of them. Not to mention that now both Namjoon and Yoongi won't talk to him, and Jimin and Taehyung aren't even listening to whatever Seokjin's saying. 

All because of one thing.

Flu shots.

He knew something like this will come up, so Seokjin had wanted to keep the secret for as long as possible, but nooooo, Yoongi just had to ask where they were going today, and teacher told them never to lie so...

Pandemonium took residence. 

Namjoon and Yoongi are pouting in the car, and Hobeom is trying to calm Jungkook down. Jimin and Taehyung are silent also. Not to mention Seokjin has to tickle Hoseok to get him to let go of his leg and the elder finally manages to drag Hoseok into the car and sit him next to Jimin and Taehyung. He himself sits in the passenger seat, next to Hobeom, with a crying Jungkook sitting on his lap. Directly behind him are Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok, and right at the very back are Namjoon and Yoongi.

Seokjin sighs as Hobeom drives the car out of the garage and out onto the streets. This will be another long day...

*****************************************************

And Seokjin is right. Jungkook still hasn't run out of tears when they reach the hospital, though he's practically gasping for breath between cries and his face has red splotches on it. Jimin and Taehyung have completely forgotten the reason why they're at the hospital in the first place and are in the hospital garden, running after two butterflies as Seokjin watches them from the air-conditioned hospital building's glass window. Seokjin prefers the shelther and air-conditioner to the hot sun, thank you very much.

He watches as Namjoon reads his book--"10000 whys" and Yoongi actually reading a book, though it looks a little simple for his age: Peach and Blue. There is a peach and a blue frog on the cover, but Yoongi looks very absorbed in the book. 

Seokjin sits down on the couch, rubbing Jungkook's back and promising the maknae that he'll get the younger whatever he wants if he gets through the injection without crying. 

And just like that, Jungkook stops. The tears have ceased and there are no more wails. He's just staring up at Seokjin with red and puffy eyes. It's scary, Seokjin thinks to himself. It's like that time when he told Taehyung that Santa wouldn't give him presents if he was misbehaving, and then Taehyung just stops doing whatever he was doing, walks around the house instead of running and jumping on tables and chairs and when he actually went to bed on time that night, unlike Jimin and Jungkook who wanted to stay up and watch Ponyo. 

"I want ice-cream and that new G-Dragon album," Jungkook says. 

Right, and Seokjin sees Bang Sihyuk's money sprouting wings and flying away.

********************************************************

It isn't long until they're sitting on the chairs leading up to the room where they dread the most. Even Seokjin's waiting with trepidation as he lets Jungkook sit on his lap, playing with some stuffed toy they found in a shop in the hospital earlier. Jungkook bites the toy's head, and shakes his head, letting the toy's limbs flail everywhere before setting it back down on Seokjin's lap.

Jimin and Tae have somehow stolen Seokjin's 3DS from that little haversack that Seokjin has brought and are now playing Legend of Zelda, letting the mini Link run through the various dungeons. Hoseok watches on as Jimin and Taehyung take turns to play--the three of them momentarily forgetting about their shots. They yell excitedly whenever Jimin or Taehyung manages to defeat an enemy and proceed on with the story.

Yoongi is listening to his music, earphones plugged into his ears as Namjoon is still concentrated on his book. 

Seokjin's heart thumps hard as he sees the nurse come out from the door beside him and calling out the numbers of the patients. Seokjin watches as another boy, around the same age as them, is dragged screaming and crying into the room, before the door slams harshly. The seven boys look up at the door, eyes wide. 

All h*ll breaks loose. Well, almost.

Actually, only Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok are crying, while Namjoon turns back to his book. Yoongi just turns his head back so that his head is against the whitewashed walls of the hospital. Jungkook is just sitting on Seokjin's lap, shell-shocked, but not crying. He must really want that album and the ice-cream that badly.

"Don't cry, come on," Seokjin lets Jungkook sit down where the former originally was, and proceeds to comfort his other three dongsaengs as they continue to cry. "Look, I'll get you ice-cream later, okay?" 

"B-B-But I don't wanna go in!" Jimin say in between sniffles, looking at his hyung with big eyes. 

"Sungjae said when you go in, there'll be big needles and then there's doctors with masks and everything and it's scary!" Taehyung explains, and hides his face in his hyung's shirt, hugging Seokjin around his middle. "It's scary!" 

"It won't be that scary when you go in," Seokjin says, ruffling Taehyung's hair. But the most inconsolable one seems to be Hoseok. No matter what Seokjin promises, he keeps crying and crying. That is, until Jungkook walks over and tries to make his hyung laugh by trying to do bunny aegyo with that stuffed animal, in which Hoseok giggles a few times, allowing Seokjin to wipe away his tears with that handkerchief Seokjin always keeps in his pocket no matter what.

Finally, when the screaming boy came out, it is their turn to go in.

**************************************************************

"Ah, so it's the Bangtan Boys, am I right?" the doctor, Doctor Kang, holding a clipboard, verifies.

"Uh, yeah," Seokjin nods.

"Very well, come this way. I have the shots ready. It'll be over in just a bit." 

Seokjin follows Doctor Kang as the doctor leads the boys towards a few seats, as he comes back with a rolling tray with seven needles filled with vaccination. Jimin and Hoseok visibly shrink away from the needles, but Jungkook, sitting on Seokjin's lap, just wriggles himself nearer his hyung. Namjoon and Yoongi look indifferent, but Seokjin can tell they're scared, by the way Namjoon's eyebrows are furrowed and Yoongi's fists are clenched around the sheets of the bed. 

"Who's brave enough to go first?" the doctor smiles at them, looking from one to the other. All of them seem to move backwards towards the wall. 

"I'll go," Seokjin volunteers, putting Jungkook down on his seat. He's got to show them how painless it is. He's made to sit on a tiny stool, and the doctor dabs at his arm with a piece of gauze and...some antiseptic? Out of the corner of his eye, Seokjin sees the needle coming, and apprehension begins rising up in his chest. However, he watches the other six boys just staring at him, and courage replaces his apprehension. 

He feels a sharp sting in his forearm, and grits his teeth, as the sudden pain dulls to a light throb. Just like that, the needle is in and out in a matter of seconds. 

"Here, hold the gauze up to there," Doctor Kang gives Seokjin a piece of gauze, and Seokjin sees a little red dot on his skin, crimson liquid oozing out. He presses the gauze up to that little red dot to stop the bleeding.

"See, it wasn't that hard, right?" Doctor Kang smiles, letting Seokjin walk back to his seat, still holding the gauze to his "wound". "Who wants to go next?" 

***********************************************************

Namjoon and Yoongi's injection went through without a hitch, and they return to their seats as calmly as Seokjin did. Even when Jungkook had to do the shot, he wasn't screaming, and instead flinched a little before the needle made contact with his skin. Otherwise, four injections went smoothly. 

Now, left with the three "problematic" ones.

He can practically see the three of them cowering against the wall, eyes fixed on the needles and trying to hide behind each other. 

"It's not that scary," Jungkook tugs on Taehyung's arm. "Hyung~!" 

It takes a little persuasion from the youngest before Taehyung finally decides to go along with it, though very reluctantly. He has his eyes squeezed shut, and hands grasping Jungkook's hand in a death grip.

There is a little pain, then nothing. Taehyung opens his eyes and looks down at the injection point on his skin. There's a tiny red dot there, where the needle had pierced his skin. Taehyung lets out the breath he didn't know he'd been holding. He grins and bounds from the chair, screaming, "I did it!" With that, he runs and hugs Jimin, then Jungkook, not releasing his hold on the youngest.

"Your turn, Jimin!" Yoongi grins, obviously enjoying watching his dongsaengs getting their shots.

Jimin is visibly shaking as he walks over to the doctor, and asks, "Will it hurt?" 

"Maybe, but maybe not," Doctor Kang smiles, loving to tease the kid as much as Jimin's hyungs do. 

"Will it hurt?" Jimin asks again as he sees Doctor Kang ready the needles.

"I can't say," Doctor Kang continues. "Now, Jimin, you can close your eyes, I will give you the shot and it will be over quickly, okay?" 

Gulping, Jimin nods and shuts his eyes really tight, until the skin besides his eyes crinkle into deep lines. Jimin feels a slight sting, just like Seokjin, and then it disappears. He opens his eyes when Namjoon grasps the younger's shoulders and yells, "It's over, Jimin-ah!" 

Jimin opens his eyes and grins, looking as happy as Taehyung did when his injection was over. Everyone turns to look at the one boy who is still refusing to take his shot. 

"Y-Y-Yah! I don't wanna do it! Noooooo!" Hoseok shrieks and tries to run out of the door, but Seokjin manages to grasp him by the waist and pull him back, Hoseok kicking and screaming as Seokjin lets him sit down on the stool, holding him in place. 

"Okay, Hobi, if you're going to keep screaming, you're going to get two shots instead of one, okay?" Seokjin glares down at his dongsaeng. Honestly, he just wants to get this done and over with ever since Bang Sihyuk had told him about them getting their shots, and he knew that this particular dongsaeng will be a little...more problematic than the others.

Hoseok takes awhile, but he stops crying long enough for Seokjin to hug him and distract him as Doctor Kang slides the needle into his arm. By the time the injection is over, Hoseok is just staring up at Seokjin as the older releases his hold on him. 

"That's it," Doctor Kang gives the gauze to Hoseok and lets him hold the fluffy substance up to the injection point on his skin. Hoseok sniffs a little as he uses his other hand to wipe away the remaining of his tears and Jungkook embraces his hyung, followed by Jimin and Taehyung and in the end, the entire Bangtan family is hugging one another.

"For all being very good kids, I'll treat you all to kimbap, okay?" Doctor Kang smiles. 

"Okay!"

 *******************************************************************

"Hyung, when are we going to get shots again? It was fun," Jungkook throws his hands up in the air as he gazes up at Seokjin.

"Not for a long, long time," Seokjin replies. It definitely wasn't fun and games for Hobi.

"Kimbap was good," Namjoon pats his stomach, filled with tasty kimbap, walking alongside Yoongi.

Meanwhile, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin are already bounding ahead into the car, to take them home.

So that is how Bangtan got their vaccinations.