Bangtan at a vocal lesson

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

First of all, so so sorry for the late update and a short chapter! *bows as low as Kumamon* And secondly, this is in response to haninur32's request! I'm so sorry again if it wasn't what you expected. I'll try to come up with something else if it wasn't... *kowtows like Kumamon* I'll try to get the rest of the requests up asap, but school is starting again (11th Jan) and I'll be busy...

Anyway, till then! 

P.S. would you like a rapper line special sometime where they perform their rap? 

***************************************

"Remember that time when we went for the dance class thing? It was fun, wasn't it?" Seokjin pats Yoongi's head as they're sitting in the car, driven towards their destination. "It was Kookie's idea." 

"Doesn't mean we had to go," Yoongi pouts, turning away. 

"You and Namjoon were the only ones who didn't want to go," Seokjin says. 

"Yeah, when the more adult people think we shouldn't go, we shouldn't go," Yoongi says, still pouting.

"Boys! Get ready! We're here!" Seokjin turns to the front to see Bang Sihyuk turning into the parking lot just beside the building where they were going to. Helping Jungkook unbuckle his seatbelt, Seokjin brings his six brothers out of the car. 

"I'll pick you up after the lesson!" Bang Sihyuk waves from the driver's seat before driving the car off. 

"Okay!" Seokjin calls back, as he sees the vehicle speeding off.

"I can't sing," Namjoon and Hoseok walk beside Seokjin, Hoseok his thumb as usual. Hoseok looks up at Seokjin, pleading with his puppy dog eyes.

"Oh please, I hear you singing in the shower," Seokjin says, tapping Hoseok lighly on the nose, his dongsaeng's cheeks reddening. 

"Yah, you sing so loud," Namjoon grins, joining his hyung in teasing Hoseok.

"S-Stop it!" Hoseok pouts as the group of seven stop outside a studio. 

"This must be the place," Seokjin looks up at the name of the studio in block letters above the glass doors. It matches the one on that website.

"HEEEYY! WE'RE HERE FOR THE LESSON!" 

Seokjin jumps as he looks down at Taehyung and Jungkook pounding on the glass door, causing a racket. Quickly, he grabs hold of his dongsaengs, glaring at them and opening his mouth to reprimand them when...

The door opens.

*******************************************************

"You must be the boys who wanted to learn to sing?" the man who opens the door asks. He doesn't look too old and not too young either--in his early thirties or so? Seokjin nods. The other boys follow suit.

"Right, come in, then!" 

The seven boys are led into the room--it was a studio of sorts, not really big enough to accomodate more than six adults, and incidentally, the eight of them fit perfectly well in the room.The man settles down in front of them on his chair while the boys take a seat on the sofa right in front of him, staring up at the man with large eyes.

"Alright, first of all, I need your names." 

"Seokjin," Seokjin says, and gestures to the rest, "Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin." 

"Ah, I'll try to remember them," the man smiles. "Any of you have any singing experience?" This question was aimed mainly at Yoongi and Seokjin. 

"Jungkook likes to sing, and Hoseok sings in the shower..." Seokjin side-eyes Hoseok, who is his thumb again. "But I guess other than that, we don't sing much." 

"Okay," the man nods. "How about your favourite songs?" 

"G-Dragon!" cries Jungkook pumping his fist into the air, bunny teeth showing. 

"Taeyang!" Jimin and Taehyung follow suit.

"Ah, so you like Big Bang, hmm?" the man stands up and gets something out from a corner of the room. Seokjin squints to see what it is as the man props the object on the stand. It's a small piano? Seokjin can't be sure.

"Yeah!" Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin grin their widest.

"I've got the scoresheet and lyrics for Fantastic Baby here," the man sifts through his papers and takes out a few pieces. "I've five here. I'll go print out two more. The seven of you wait here." 

He manages to squeeze past the boys and out of the room. Uneasiness grips Seokjin. When the cat's away, the...

"What's this?" 

"There's G-Dragon's CD here!" 

"Is this a piano?" 

"Hyung, look! Earrings!" 

Boys will play.

****************************************

Luckily, the man wasn't gone for very long, and Seokjin thanks his lucky stars for that. Taehyung and Jimin had gotten to the keyboard, and Jungkook had found a stash of Big Bang CDs. Hoseok and Namjoon has found a large pile of lyrics for random songs--modern and trot alike--and Yoongi has found a pair of earrings that looks like car number plates. What Seokjin's even more thankful for is that he managed to get all the boys under control before they destroyed anything, especially Namjoon. That boy breaks everything he touches.

"Right, here you are," the man says. 

Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook immediately begin singing, not even needing the lyrics provided while Namjoon and Yoongi are squinting at the lyrics on the papers. Seokjin remembers having to play this song for the maknae line before having to go to bed for five months or so...Every. Single. Night. That should partly be the reason why he's got the lyrics and melody in his head already. 

"You three are the most familiar with this song, right?" the man gestures towards the three maknaes. They nod eagerly. 

"We can even sing the whole thing!" 

With that, the three maknaes burst into the chorus.

"Alright, alright," the man laughs a little, and Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook looks up at him with hopeful expressions. "For such young boys...that was amazing!" 

"M-Me too!" Hoseok cries, finally dragging his thumb out of his mouth and starts singing the chorus too. Somewhere along the line, Yoongi and Namjoon join in...they were in sync all right, but the only thing was...

They were totally off-tune. How they can even be off tune was something else altogether.

"Well, we need to work on your voices," the man says, clapping his hands together. He turns to Jungkook, "You seem to sing quite well. You're..." 

"Jungkook," Jungkook says, fidgeting with the sleeves of his jacket.

"Come see me after class," the man smiles, the skin around his eyes crinkling. 

"Aigoo, Jungkookie!" Yoongi grins, ruffling the maknae's hair. Namjoon and Jimin join in, loving to tease their maknae as Jungkook tries to swipe at their hands. 

"Alright, let's get to training your vocal chords!"

****************************************************

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" Jimin screams, his voice going up several octaves.

"You're not supposed to scream, Jimin-ah," Yoongi smacks the younger's head. 

"But that was very high," the instructor says, smiling at Jimin. "You should be able to do high notes well, even if you break your voice in the future, if you'd continue singing." 

"Yeah!"

"How about you?" the instructor asks Yoongi. 

Yoongi, realizing it's his time to shine, clears his throat, earning soft sniggers from Namjoon. He turns to glare at the boy before starting to sing. "Do, re, mi..." 

But the thing is, all his notes are too low. Even after getting help from the instructor, he still can't hit the notes.

"We'll try again later, alright?" the instructor says. "Don't give up. You still need some time to get it right."

Yoongi bows his head and sits beside Seokjin, who's done it already. Well, it wasn't just Yoongi who couldn't do it. Hoseok and Namjoon were kind of disappointed that they couldn't either. 

"Right, would you mind helping your brothers?" the instructor asks the maknae line and Seokjin, giving his friendly smile as usual. The maknae line brighten up, finally finding something that they're better at than their hyungs. 

"Let's get to work!"

*******************************************

"I can hit do and re! Beat that, hyung!" Namjoon yells, pumping his fists into the air, managing to hit two notes accurately for more than three times in a row. He glances towards Yoongi, a satisfied grin on his face.

"I finished the whole scale!" Hoseok cries, hugging Jimin, who's helping him.

"J-Just you watch! I got do already!" Yoongi mutters under his breath, face turning red. 

"You know, if you really don't think you can do it, why not try to rap?" 

"Rap?" Yoongi looks interested. 

"I'm no good rapper myself, but I see potential in you," the instructor nods encouragingly. "Do you want to try rapping for Fantastic Baby?" 

"Uh...okay," Yoongi nods, grinning. 

********************************************

Throughout the entire lesson, Seokjin couldn't help but notice that the maknae line's paying more attention than they ever did to anything else. He himself had dreamt of becoming an actor, so he didn't think he'd need singing skills. But it seemed that after their first trial run of the song, even Namjoon and Hoseok got into rapping, and started rapping along with Yoongi. 

"DANCE DANCE DANCE DA-DA-DANCE!" Taehyung and Jimin scream, definitely loving the lesson. By the time the song was over, all the boys were in complete ecstacy, grinning to themselves. Such fans, Seokjin chuckles to himself, watching as Jungkook starts walking over to the stash of Big Bang albums again. He winds one arm around Jungkook and pulls him back.

"You want one?" the instructor asks, taking a CD from that stash and walking towards him. 

Jungkook nods. A little too quickly, I might add, Seokjin shakes his head, ruffling his dongsaeng's hair. He faces the instructor, "How much is it?" 

"It's an old album. I'll give it to you for free." 

"Whoa...Big Bang's CD!" Jungkook clutches it to his chest. 

"That's so unfair!" Taehyung mutters, pouting along with Jimin. "Why does Kookie get all the good stuff?" 

"The three of you will share it," Seokjin replies. "It's not all Kookie's." 

"It's mine!" Jungkook holds it tighter. "It's not Jimin-hyung's or Taehyung-hyung's!" 

"You. Will. Share," Seokjin says, using his no-nonsense voice (or what he hopes it is), "Or else all three of you won't get the CD and I'll give it to your hyungs." 

"Okay," Jungkook looks defeated.

"Hyung! When we grow up, we wanna be rappers!" Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok run towards Seokjin, grinning. "It was awesome!" 

"Well, live your dreams," Seokjin nods, patting the three of them on their heads. "Work hard." 

"Hyung, I wanna be a firefighter, rapper and basketball player when I grow up," Yoongi says. 

Now, where did firefighter come from? Was it because of that movie they watched last night? Planes: Fire Rescue or something like that? 

"Maybe if you work hard enough, you can become all three," Seokjin says. He turns to find the maknaes and ends up seeing Jungkook talking to the instructor.

*********************************************

"So, what did he say?" Namjoon asks on the car ride back.

"He said that if me, Jimin-hyung and Taehyung-hyung wanted to get more lessons from him, we can go back every Saturday and he'll teach us how to sing," Jungkook grins. He turns to Seokjin and tugs on his sleeve, "Can I go, hyung? Pweeeeeeaaaase?" 

"I wanna go too, with Kookie!" Jimin cries, "Hyung, pwetty pwease with a cherry on top?" 

"Pwetty pwease with ice cream and a root beer float?" Taehyung pleads.

"Well, why not?" Hobeom chuckles at the wheel. "The maknaes can go to the singing lessons and we can try to find a rapping lesson for the hyungs." 

At the word "rap", Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok perk up, "YES!" 

"And Seokjin-ssi, do you want to attend some class or anything?" 

"Maybe acting?" Seokjin asks, feeling a little judged. "I always wanted to act, so..." 

"Alright, acting it is," Hobeom says.

Seokjin looks out the window. What if...one day he managed to act in a drama? 

That would be so cool.

*****************************************************