Bangtan at a camping trip

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

"How much longer?" Jungkook asks, his little legs about to die from climbing so much. 

"Almost there," Seokjin hoists Jungkook by his little waist and helps him up a larger rock as the seven of them are making their way to their campsite.

"I'm hungry, hyung," Jimin says. 

"We'll cook food when we get there," Seokjin says, bringing the other six of the boys up the hiking trail and towards their campsite.

Not long after (but a lot of complaints after), the boys arrive. The campsite was quite spacey, enough for three tents. Seokjin and Namjoon are sharing a tent, while Yoongi is going with Hoseok, and the three maknaes share a tent. 

"First, we need to cook food," Seokjin says. It's already one in the afternoon and the boys hadn't had lunch yet. From here, he swears he can hear Jimin's stomach growling.

"Yay, food!" Jimin cries. "Did you bring ramyun, hyung? I wanna eat noodles." 

"Yeah, I did," Seokjin says. "Not too much MSG, though." 

Jimin looks confused, "What's MSG?" 

"Something bad for you," Seokjin says, taking out seven packs of ramyun, which he specially went out to buy for this trip. 

"But we need fire, hyung," Namjoon says. 

"Yeah, so we need to get some firewood," Seokjin looks up at the sky. The sun is high in the sky. It shouldn't be hard to start a fire. "Just twigs for now will do." 

*******************************************

The fire isn't big--not like a full-fledged fire, but a small flame for cooking ramyun. Seokjin makes sure not to pour the whole packet of MSG into the ramyun. When the boys catch a whiff of the food, they immediately gather around. 

"Hyung! We caught this!" Jungkook cries, running towards him with Jimin and Taehyung. 

"What?" Seokjin looks up.

"See," Jungkook shows Seokjin whatever's in his hand.

"What in the world is that?!" Seokjin nearly jumps three feet into the air as he sees the little green insect in Jungkook's hand. The little grasshopper looks up at Seokjin.

"A grasshopper, hyung," Jimin grins. 

"And before you ask, no." 

Jungkook pouts. He places his hand on the ground, letting the little grasshopper hop out from his hand.

"I'm gonna miss you," Jungkook smiles as the grasshopper leaps back into the grass.

"Lunch!" Seokjin shouts. 

Namjoon and Yoongi emerge from their tents, Namjoon with an encyclopedia in his hand. 

"Namjoon, why did you bring the whole encyclopedia out?" 

"Because I need to read, hyung. I'm not Yoongi-hyung who spends his whole day sleeping," Namjoon says, closing his book.

"I don't sleep all day!" Yoongi emerges from his tent.

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"Alright, stop it!" Seokjin pushes the two apart. "Hey, where's Hoseok?"

"Hyung! Save me!"

Hoseok runs out from the bushes, screaming his little lungs out.

"HYUNG! THE DRAGONFLY'S GOING TO HURT ME!"

Seokjin almost burst in laughter seeing his little brother getting chased by a dragonfly, which obviously meant him no harm. Seokjin smiles and steps over to Hoseok, shooing the dragonfly away.

"Why don't you have some ramyun?" 

"I-Is the dragonfly gone?" Hoseok looks around him warily. 

"Yeah," Seokjin says, bringing him over to around the fire where the maknae line, Namjoon and Yoongi are already eating their food.

"This is great hyung...but it's a little bland," Namjoon says.

"What's bland?" Jimin asks, looking up from his ramyun.

"Bland means...you know what? Go check the dictionary," Seokjin sighs, eating his ramyun. Already a few minutes into the trip, he's already feeling his energy drain out from him. 

After a few more minutes of eating in silence, they throw whatever remains of their ramyun into the plastic bag that Seokjin had prepared (for trash) and Seokjin keeps the bowls, making a mental note to wash it when they get back.

"I saw a river down there, hyung. I wanna go," Hoseok says, pointing to the direction east of where they were.

"Pretty please!" the maknae line joins Hoseok now.

"Fine, we'll all go," Seokjin says, looking at Namjoon and Yoongi.

"I don't wanna go," Yoongi folds his arms and puffs out his cheeks. "I don't wanna get wet."

"Come on. It'll be fun," Seokjin says. "Look, if you go now, you don't have to go anywhere later."

"Okay," Yoongi mutters, a litle reluctantly.

Meanwhile, Namjoon has no complaints as the boys run towards the water.

************************************************

Seokjin is sitting at the edge of the river, watching the maknae line and Hoseok play in the water, splashing water at each other, while Yoongi and Namjoon are dipping their feet into the water, Namjoon still reading his encyclopedia while Yoongi's listening on his new iPod that he got for his birthday that year, lying down on the ground, his hands pillowing his head.

Seokjin looks towards the campsite, worried whether it'll be bug-infested or if their tent will somehow fall down...or if it'll start raining...

"Yah!" 

Four pairs of small hands grab Seokjin and hoists him into the water. Well, not really hoisted. More like dragged.

Seokjin fell into the water, surfacing after he manages to find footing and he wipes his face.

"What did you do?" Seokjin looks down to four, grinning, small faces.

"Drag you into the water," Jimin looks pleased with himself. 

Seokjin sighs, and proceeds to get out of the water. Suddenly, he has an idea. He looks towards Namjoon and Yoongi, and give the four kids a little smile. Getting the hint immediately, the four of them run over, Hoseok and Jungkook seizing Namjoon and the 95' line taking hold of Yoongi, ripping the earphones out of his ears and leaving the iPod on the riverbank.

"What?!" Namjoon lets go of his encyclopedia, the large book falling to the ground, thudding on the gravel. 

"H-Hey! Lemme go!" Yoongi yells, realizing what they're gonna do.

"No!" Taehyung screams, laughing along with the other three as they toss Yoongi and Namjoon in the water.

Yoongi and Namjoon surface a while later, every part of them wet as they crawl from the water.

"Hyung, you're evil," Yoongi looks defeated as he sits back on the riverbank, taking his iPod into his hand. 

Seokjin smiles, "Well, we can't have you listening to your iPod the whole day, right? Come on, have fun." 

Yoongi gives a longing look to his iPod, before grinning and running into the water. The maknae line and Hoseok laugh, and they and Yoongi begin an all-out "water-splashing-war". Namjoon yells and dives into the water, joining Yoongi's side of the war. In no time, the boys are all wet and dripping as Seokjin drags them out of the water for dinner.

******************************************

After dinner, which wasn't much, it started to get dark, so they started up a campfire again and told campfire stories.

"You know, there's this one time, Saerin told us that our school has a ghost!" Taehyung grins. 

"G-G-G-GHOST?!" Hoseok screeches, clutching tighter onto Seokjin. 

"Yeah," Taehyung says. "Ghost. Y'know, in the toilets." 

"The t-t-t-toilets?" Jimin's face is pale now.

"Yeah," Taehyung says. "She said when she went in there, there was this girl who was wearing all white. And she was floating." 

"This is boring," Yoongi yawns. "I've been to the toilets a lot of times and there hasn't been a ghost at all." 

"B-B-But what if there's really a ghost there?" Jimin is hiding behind Namjoon now.

"Nah, there isn't. Saerin was just making a story up," Yoongi scoffs. "I'm gonna go back to the tent now--" Yoongi gets up and turns.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Yoongi nearly falls backwards as he comes face to face with a white face. "G-Get away from me! Don't come closer!" Hoseok and Jimin shrieks, while Seokjin, Taehyung and Namjoon laughs, seeing the little body underneath that mask.

"Scared ya!" Jungkook grins, running over to Seokjin with the mask still on. "But hyung, you weren't scared." 

"Is the ghost gone?" Hoseok peeks out from behind Seokjin's shoulder and screams again, hiding. "HYUNG!" 

"It's alright. It's just Jungkook, see?" Seokjin says, removing the mask they bought at Lotte World from Jungkook's face.

"Kookie! Don't scare us!" Jimin peeks out from behind Seokjin.

"It was hyung's idea," Jungkook points at Taehyung.

"It was funny," Taehyung grins. "That was totally cool!" 

"Hyung, can I share a tent with you tonight?" Hoseok, still shivering, is still clutching on Seokjin's arm. 

"Me too?" Jimin has seized Seokjin's other arm.

"No! I wanna be in the same tent as hyung!" Yoongi runs over, face still filled with fear.

"Fine, why don't the three of you sleep together?" 

***************************************************

"I love marshmallows. When are we getting more?" Jungkook is eating his roasted marshmallows as he looks up at the starlit night sky.

"Next time we go on a camping trip," Seokjin says, roasting another stick of marshmallows for Jungkook. 

"When is that?" 

"I don't know." 

"Can we come again next week?" Jungkook asks, blinking.

"We'll see." 

*****************************************************

Seokjin yawns as he lies down in his tent. Namjoon is already fast asleep, his spectacles placed on the encyclopedia beside him. Seokjin snuggles into his Mario pillow and hugs his Princess Peach plushie as he drifts off to sleep.

It's not long after that he feels three pairs of hands shaking him. Seokjin opens his eyes blearily and looks up to find the scared faces of Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin.

"We heard something in the woods," Jimin says, fidgeting with his fingers.

"And we don't know what it was," Hoseok looks a little sheepish.

"So we decided to come over," Yoongi finishes.

"You're gonna wake Namjoon," Seokjin says. "I'll sit outside your tent until you fall asleep." 

"Okay." 

Seokjin climbs out of his fluffy sleeping bag and head over to their tent. He sits outside, as he said, and decides to count the stars in the night sky. When he's sure his dongsaengs are asleep, he peeks into the tent to confirm his suspicions. After that, he yawns and crawls back to his tent to finally be with his Mario pillow and plushie again.

******************************************************

"Hyung, wake up." 

"Five more minutes," Seokjin swipes at the hand shaking him, burying his face deeper into his pillow.

"Hyung, Yoongi-hyung's taking pictures of you." 

Seokjin's eyes snap open and look up to find five faces staring down at him. He sits up, looks around and finds Yoongi clutching a camera, looking through the photographs he just took.

"Yoongi, why?!" Seokjin wails, jumping at his dongsaeng to snatch the camera away from him.

"No, hyung! It's great!" Yoongi grins, showing the picture of Seokjin sleeping with his mouth wide open, his Princess Peach plushie in one arm, hugged close to his chest. He runs off, the camera in hand.

"Come back!" 

*****************************************************
Bangtan at a camping trip! I'll do the hospital one next, I suppose, so look forward to it! >u< Hope you enjoyed!