Bangtan at the park

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Haha this is an idea I had for a long time, but I had to finish up the rest of the requests first...I'm so sorry this is so late! Chapters may get later and later...my exams are coming up soon.

In response to parkjiminkim's request: Yoonmin!! <3 omg they're my otp i swear

But then again, can only be fluffy since they're toddlers.

*******************************************************************

Their hyung has finally brought them to the park! Taehyung and Jungkook cheer as they ride their tricycles out towards the park, Jungkook trying to catch up with his hyung. Namjoon has opted to sit next to Seokjin, reading a book, and Hoseok is cycling after Taehyung and Jungkook. Seokjin is petting Jjangu's fur, and yelling at his brothers to come back before the sun sets.

"Come on, hyung, let's go!" Jimin cries, getting onto his bicycle. Of the maknae line (including Hoseok), Jimin is the fastest to upgrade to a bicycle, simply because he shows a good sense of balance, and manages to ride a bicycle in less than two attempts. 

Yoongi tries to mount his bicycle, but ends up failing and falling flat on his face. He looks up to see Park Jimin giggling and laughing at his hyung. Yoongi throws a glare over to his dongsaeng. 

"You ride a bike like this, hyung!" Jimin grins, mounting his mini-bike. Of course, Park Jimin is too short (and too small) to ride an actual bike, so they got him a mini version. Jimin gets off his bicycle, and shows Yoongi how to do it, swinging one leg over his bike and sitting down on his seat. Yoongi tries again, puffing out his cheeks and attempting to swing a leg over his bicycle, in which he succeeds. Although he almost loses his grip on the bicycle handles, Yoongi manages to stay upright (and keep his bike upright too). 

"Hyung," Jimin walks over to Yoongi, abandoning his bicycle and helping his hyung steady the bicycle as Yoongi puts one foot on the pedal. 

"I can't do this," Yoongi mumbles, trying to get off the bicycle, but Jimin holds his foot on the pedal with both his hands.

"No, hyung! You just got on! You have to play with me! Hobi-hyung, Tae and Kookie have run off!" Jimin whines, staring up at his hyung with puppy-dog eyes, hoping it'd work like it always does with Seokjin-hyung.

And it works. Yoongi sighs, says, "Fine..." and proceeds to continue to try to ride his bicycle. He manages to balance with one foot on the pedal and he's looking a little wobbly without Jimin there to steady his bicycle.

"Then step on your pedal like this and vroom forward!" Jimin cries. ("Vroom? Like factorial?" Namjoon gives Yoongi a questioning look as the elder glares back at him.) 

Yoongi tries to do as he's told, pressing down on the pedals like how those professional cyclists ride, managing to go a few meters before he crashes down onto the ground. 

"Yoongi-hyung!" Jimin rushes over to his hyung, who's lying on the ground, almost crushed by his bicycle. Yoongi winces as he looks at his scraped knees and elbows. Luckily, his helmet prevented him from hitting his head.

"It's too hard!" Yoongi whines. "I give u--" 

He doesn't know whether it's that look Jimin gives him or...it was just him (no, it was definitely the look Jimin's giving him), but Yoongi's declaration of giving up dies on his throat. Getting up, he gets onto his bicycle again, attempting to ride it just like how Jimin taught him to. 

"Here! I! Go!!!" Yoongi cries, pedalling as hard as he can, one foot after the other, speedily. Jimin's mouth hangs open as he watches his hyung ride along the road where Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook have disappeared to. Jimin runs over to his bicycle and pedals after his hyung--being more veteran at the sport, manages to catch up to Yoongi rather quickly.

Together, hyung and dongsaeng, they cycle down the cooling, forest-like path.

****************************************************************

"Where are we?" Hoseok looks around him. The three of them are on a gravel path, surrounded by trees, and Taehyung almost recalls seeing a "Do Not Enter" sign, but of course, he didn't think much about it. It was a simple "Do Not Enter" sign after all. 

"Uhhh, I don't know," Jungkook surveys his surroundings. He turns back the way they came. "We should go back." 

All of a sudden, Taehyung begins cycling forward. 

"Hey, wait, Tae!" Hoseok cries, continuing to cycle towards the direction Taehyung is, wondering what's up with his dongsaeng, but for a toddler of six years old on a tricycle on a gravel path, Taehyung certainly is fast. Hoseok and Jungkook can't even find him until they hear a high-pitched scream. Getting off and abandoning their bicycles, the two run in the direction of Taehyung's scream.

"Tae-hyung!" Jungkook cries, trying to find his hyung. Hoseok's eyes almost pop out from their sockets when he realizes that Taehyung is hanging from a tree by his foot hooked onto a branch. In his arms he's clutching a cat...a kitten, more like.

"Wait there, Tae! I'm gonna get'cha down!" Hoseok runs towards the tree, and begins scaling it, almost like a professional. Hoseok makes it up the tree easily, but the worst is still yet to come.

The branch cracks, and Taehyung's closer to the ground by a few centimeters. He begins screaming, and Hoseok begins screaming too as he continues to make his way up the tree. 

"Tae-hyuuung!" Jungkook cries, running towards his hyung. The kitten in Taehyung's arms look very unamused, and Jungkook is sure the kitten is probably Namjoon-hyung's twin cat brother.

"H-Help, Kookie!" 

"Y-Yaaaah!" Hoseok launches himself at Taehyung, managing to pull his dongsaeng back before Taehyung falls off the branch. The branch cracks even more and breaks off completely, landing an inch away from Jungkook. The youngest stare shell-shocked at Hoseok who's hugging Taehyung with the kitten squished in between them.

"HELP! Tae! It's so high!" Hoseok screeches as he continues to clutch onto Taehyung. The cat, meanwhile, squirms out from between the two boys and lands nicely on the branch that they're standing on now--a firmer one--and tugs on Hoseok's sock with its mouth, before moving down the tree agilely.

"It's showing you how to get down, hyungs!" Jungkook shouts up to his two hyungs. Taehyung deftly follows the cat, managing to latch onto any footholds there may be on the tree branch and Hoseok follows suit, albeit with a lot more screaming and yelling and almost-falling.

When they are all finally safe on the ground, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook hear the sound of wheels against gravel as they spot Yoongi (who's gotten quite professional at cycling, if he says so himself), and Jimin who's pedalling up behind his hyung. They get off their bicycles, setting down the stand, before running over to their dongsaengs (and hyung, in Jimin's case). 

"Yoongi-hyung! Jiminnie!" Taehyung grins. Jimin sees something fluffy in his arms--the white and brown cat. "Look!" 

"It's a cat!" Jimin grins, pausing in front of Taehyung, and poking the kitten's cheeks. "It's so cute!" He turns to Yoongi, "It looks like you, Yoongi-hyung!" 

"That doesn't look a thing like me!" Yoongi fumes.

"Can we keep him?" Jungkook asks. 

"Let's go ask Seokjin-hyung," Hoseok suggests.

"I'm gonna name you Kkanji!" Taehyung laughs, hugging the cat to him. Jimin helps Yoongi get back onto his bicycle and Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook are already riding off on their tricycles, Kkanji in the basket fixed at the front of Taehyung's tricycle. Together, the five of them ride off back the path.

*********************************************************

"Yoongi-hyung, how come you don't know how to ride a bike?" Jimin asks, being the annoying kid he is to Yoongi, as he cycles beside Yoongi, who is still having balancing problems.

"I don't like to exercise," is Yoongi's only answer.

"You should get out more, hyung," Jimin laughs. "Hoseok-hyung and Namjoon-hyung don't like to go out either. I don't know why hyungs don't like to go out." 

Yoongi laughs. Actually laughs. "It's just me, Jimin-ah." 

"Ah!" Jimin almost falls off his bicycle as something flies across his face. Jimin manages to right himself and stop his bicycle so as to investigate the thing. Yoongi, wondering how stupid Jimin may be--what if he gets hurt or something?--decides to follow and protect Jimin. Yes, as Jimin's hyung, he has to protect his dongsaeng. Therefore, Yoongi shall brave the dangerous lands of...

A flying squirrel?

He blinks as Jimin coos and picks up the little animal, which is looking as if it's shivering in cold. He hugs it to his tiny chest. "Where do you come from, little squiwwel?" 

The squirrel does nothing but chatter a little, before turning its head towards a tree. Yoongi swears his little brothers were animals in their previous lives--they have so much affinity with animals it's almost as if they know what dogs, cats and even fish are barking or meowing about. Jimin walks towards the tree and climbs up one of the branches. 

A little worried that Jimin might fall (no, Yoongi is way more worried than that), Yoongi stands below the tree as he watches Jimin place the squirrel back on the branch. 

"Come on, Jimin-ah, Hoseok, Tae and Kookie have run off already," Yoongi calls, and Jimin nods, climbing down with close to no effort at all, until he hears the chattering. He looks up at the squirrel again and it almost looks like the squirrel is pointing him in a certain direction, deeper into the copse of trees. Jimin pulls on Yoongi's arm (because he's a little scared and that copse of trees look like there might be a ghost in it) and hides behind the elder as they follow the squirrel deeper into the trees.

"Wow!" Jimin looks at the big clearing in front of them, and Yoongi has got to admit--he's impressed. It's the stuff of fantasies--there is a nice, sparkling pond in the middle, with swimming tadpoles and croaking frogs, with floating hydrilla and duckweed. There are signs of life everywhere--the life waking up right after winter. There's even an owl snuggled into the deep recesses of a hole in a tree, and Jimin is the one who spotted it first. There's a beehive stuck onto the tree branch. with five or so bees buzzing around it. 

"This is so cool!" Jimin cries, dragging Yoongi deeper into the clearing, before moving to play with the ducks and ducklings resting at the side and the squirrels and birds that land on the ground next to him. 

Yoongi has to admit, when a tiny yellow bird lands on his shoulder, that it really is cool.  

*********************************************************

"They've been gone so long," Seokjin looks at his watch. It's already been an hour. Where have they gone?

"I'll go look for them," Namjoon offers, before Seokjin grabs his wrist. "You're either going to cause a typhoon or an earthquake if you leave here for a second," Seokjin hisses.

"I won't!" Namjoon whines.

"Besides, how would you find them anyway? Let's be realistic here. When the sun is starting to set, we'll go find them." 

"Hyung, that's like five hours later." 

"Yeah, whatever. I'll probably get some churros from that churros stand there," Seokjin jabs his chin at a lone churros stand--okay, it was surrounded by kids, not that lonely.

"Get me some too!" Namjoon grins, showing those dimples of his, and Seokjin sighs. "Maybe later." 

Just then, he hears some screaming and Seokjin turns his head to watch the commotion--it is all too obvious who they are. Taehyung runs into view, with something fluffy clutched in his hands. A small critter.

"Hyuung! Can we keep him?" 

Jjangu tenses up beside Seokjin. "No," Seokjin says. "Jjangu and the cat will fight." 

"No they won't," Taehyung says, sticking out his tongue at Jjangu ("Yah, I saw that, Kim Taehyung!" Seokjin growls.).

"Yes they will," Seokjin huffs. "Ever watched Tom and Jerry?" 

"They're a cat and a mouse," Jungkook pipes up helpfully. "But Jjangu's not a mouse, hyung." 

Seokjin buries his head in his hands, and, laughing, Namjoon pats Seokjin's back. 

"Fine, fine, we can keep him," Seokjin has given up once and for all. 

"Yay!" The group of boys (minus Yoongi because he doesn't want to embarrass himself) cheer, loud enough for the children all the way at the churros stand to turn around and look. Although, that felt a bit too easy to Yoongi.

"Come on, let's head back," Seokjin mutters, holding onto Jjangu's leash, and letting the dog walk beside him. "It's getting late." 

"It's only two, hyung," Yoongi says.

"You want to stay out here in this hot sun?" 

Yoongi shakes his head, before falling into step beside Jimin, who's talking to Taehyung and Hoseok about the bicycle lesson he was giving Yoongi. 

"Don't step on that," Yoongi points out a big puddle of ice-cream on the ground. Who eats ice-cream right after winter Yoongi has no idea. He pulls Jimin to the side, away from Hoseok and Taehyung so as to avoid the ice-cream. His bicycle wheel plunged wheel-first into the ice-cream, but no one seemed to notice. 

"Thanks, hyung!" Jimin gives Yoongi his familiar and endearing eye-smile, before continuing to talk to Taehyung and Hoseok.

Yoongi sighs, as he sees their house come into view.