Bangtan in the dark

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hihi, this is in response to ChibiJams' request: what will Bangtan do during a power outage?

Of course, we all know either Jin or Joonie would go and try to discover the source of the power outage and try to fix it (Namjoon probably destroying some wires while he's at it), and Seokjin being somewhat successful, Tae being his five-year-old self again and might team up with Jungkook to scare Hobi and Jimin who will practically scream every time they feel Jungkook and Tae's hands on their shoulder or something and Yoongi just sleeping until the lights flash in his eyes and wakes him up. 

Now...what will Bangtan toddlers do? 

Btw @angelbtslover in Singapore we've been taught to read simple English, Chinese/Malay/Tamil/Hindu/Bengali (depending on your race) such as "Good morning", "Good afternoon", "Thank you" since about 2 years old or at the very latest 3 years old. I've been reading Chinese since one year old lol, so I thought since Koreans only need to learn one language (at least to survive in Korea) it might be similar to our system. Oh, and to answer your question, Jungkook is about 3 years old, making Jimin and Tae 5, Hoseok and Namjoon 6, Yoongi 7 and Seokjin 8. There's a Hoseok + Namjoon special coming up, in which everyone will grow one year older after that. 

Sorry if the ages are a bit confusing >M< and this chappie is so short...

****************************************************************************

It just happened during a stormy evening. Seokjin has just finished washing up the first plate. Jungkook and Jimin are watching Dora the Explorer. Namjoon is playing Gyakuten Saiban 3 while charging his 3DS. Hoseok is sleeping (with the lamp on since Namjoon needs it). Taehyung is playing Legend of Zelda on Hoseok's 3DS. Yoongi is writing on that small notepad of his again.

Then, blink. 

The power goes out. Lights turn off, the fan's blades stop moving, the television screen turns black and there are multiple screams from everywhere in the room. 

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Hoseok screams suddenly, sitting bolt upright. Namjoon has to stifle a laugh as he hears his roomate panting so hard from the bunk above him. Funny how light a sleeper Hoseok is. If it's Jungkookie, he'd never wake up, no matter what. The only other one in the room at the moment is Yoongi, and if it's not for the constant rustling of pages, Namjoon will have thought he is asleep. Namjoon looks down at the power indicator of his 3DS and sees the colour red. Looks like he's not going to be able to play for a while. 

Sighing, Namjoon lies back down on his bed. In the house, it's almost dead silence, except for Yoongi's notepad rustling and the whines of Jimin in the living room. Not to mention Hoseok's either his thumb or practically chewing his nails off, whimpering while he's at it. 

"Is everyone okay?" Namjoon sees Seokjin with a flashlight as the older stumbles into the room. Namjoon can see a little better now, even if it's just one pool of light. 

"Yup," Namjoon grins, not feeling scared at all, though for Hoseok, it's a different matter altogether. 

"N-N-N-N-No, I'm not okay!" Hoseok half-screams, half-whimpers. "H-Help me, Jin-hyung!" 

"I gotcha," Seokjin chuckles as he helps Hoseok find his way down from the top bunk. He looks back towards Namjoon, "Are you gonna be alright here by yourself?" 

"Yup," Namjoon nods. "I wanna get some sleep." 

"Yoongi?" Seokjin asks, sure his blood circulation is getting cut off by Hoseok's quivering hand. 

Yoongi doesn't hear Seokjin through the blast of his music through his headphones. Seokjin sighs and brings Hoseok downstairs to find Jimin cowering on the sofa and Jungkook giggling at his hyung's fear of the dark.

"B-B-But there might be ghosts, Kookie!" Jimin whines, pressing his face into a cushion, still shaking. "I'm s-s-s-scared of ghosts!" 

"There are no ghosts, hyung," Jungkook continues to laugh at his hyung, but Jimin's in a state of utter terror. 

"Found you," Seokjin grins, letting Hoseok sit on the couch with the two maknaes as Seokjin reaches over to get the iPad and props it up on the small toy box that is on the coffee table. He lets Cat in the Hat play and sure enough, the three toddlers' eyes are fixed on the tiny screen as the Cat in the Hat pops up, and the familiar theme song plays. 

Now, Seokjin needs to call Bang Sihyuk or Hobeom to tell them about the problem. He shivers as he passes the stairs leading to the basement of the house. He's always been a little creeped out by the basement, because recently, he'll hear banging against the door or slight mewling sounds like that of a cat. Seokjin telephones the number written there, and hears Bang Sihyuk's voice. Seokjin relates the problem and Bang Sihyuk says that he'd be off work a little late, and Hobeom too, but they'd be over with an electrician as soon as possible.

Seokjin sighs and puts down the phone. Suddenly, an idea pops into his head. Maybe he can go fix it himself! Now he just needs to find that box with all the wires. Then again, he'd probably need Namjoon's expertise in complicated, mathematical, sciency stuff. 

So, he walks past the three toddlers in the living room, still watching episode after episode of Cat in the Hat. It'll be an arduous task--especially when the house is huge. Huge as in really big--like a mansion. 

Seokjin uses his torchlight to flash around in the living room, the hall, the kitchen, the bedrooms, and even the bathrooms, but there's no sign of whatever he's searching for. Groaning after about thirty minutes of searching, Seokjin looks back towards the stairs to the basement. Maybe, just maybe...

But he shivers. Seokjin isn't going to go down there all by himself. He'll need backup. 

So he calls Taehyung and Namjoon. By then, Yoongi is already asleep--crashed on top of his notepad and his iPod still blasting music into his ears. Seokjin gingerly walks over and switches it off, careful not to wake Yoongi up. He walks over to the stairs to the basement with an excited Taehyung and a frowning Namjoon. Namjoon isn't scared, and neither is Taehyung--at least Seokjin doesn't think so. 

But Seokjin's heart is pounding really fast. It's as if it'll burst out of his ribcage any moment now. 

Seokjin wants to carefully explore the area (for fear of ghosts and whatnot. He'd never admit it to his dongsaengs, though), but Namjoon just wants to get the power working so he can go to sleep. Taehyung bounds into the basement, looking bubbly as ever. That is, until his face turns white when he hears a sound from deep within the basement. Screaming, Taehyung runs towards Seokjin. The elder hyung has to comfort the younger before he goes down the basement with Namjoon, Taehyung following behind, still scared out of his wits. 

"There's no such thing as ghosts," Namjoon mutters. 

Seokjin feels his hair stand on end as he hears a scratching sound. It's not his imagination this time, because Namjoon also jumps at the sound. Seokjin turns his flashlight towards the direction the noise is coming from. The scratching sound ceases as suddenly as it started. 

"Okay...okay...take deep breaths, Seokjin," Seokjin mutters to himself, trying to encourage himself as he leads his shaking legs deeper into the basement. 

The basement is chock-full of random electrical appliances that they don't seem to have any use for, not to mention jars of who-knows-what. Seokjin passes by a jar labelled "Pickles". He shivers. What are pickles? 

Taehyung, as if reading Seokjin's mind, says, "Pickles are alien's fingers." 

Seokjin tries not to think too much about that. 

"Found something," Namjoon grins. 

There's a loud "bang!" and Seokjin, Namjoon jump, while Taehyung starts bawling. Seokjin looks up and sees that the basement door is closed. Funny, he remembered leaving it open. 

"H-Hyung, is there weally...weally..." Taehyung reverts back to the baby-talk that Seokjin has been trying to get him to grow out of. "A g-g-g-g-ghost in here?" The door creaks open again and Taehyung shrieks, burying his face into his hyung's stomach. 

"H-H-H-Hyung! There's s-s-s-s-something there!" Seokjin points his flashlight down at a moving object, pointed out by Namjoon, and expected to see some sort of terror hiding there...the size of a dog? 

Seokjin moves nearer the moving object, with both Namjoon and Taehyung hiding behind him. 

Before they can do anything else, the light flickers on, startling all three of them. The moving object darts across the room and crashes into a stack of boxes. Taehyung screams and runs up the staircase leading back into the living room, leaving Namjoon and Seokjin there with that moving object. Seokjin moves closer to it. Now that there's light, he switches off his torch and approaches that creature hiding and shivering in that pile of boxes.

“YAH WE'VE COME TO THE RESCUE!" someone shouts, and Seokjin looks up at the doorway to the basement to find Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin, standing there. 

"W-What?" Seokjin lets out a groan as he feels something furry rush past his feet and towards the maknae line. "J-Jeon Jungkook!"

The furry creature runs up the stairs and bolts out of the basement. Seokjin catches sight of a furry tail as he yells, "After that dog!" 

The five of them run out towards the living room, where the lights have turned back on. That's when they find Hoseok screaming on the couch. Apparently, that white pup has made its home on Hoseok's stomach. 

"Y-Y-Yah! Get it off me!" Hoseok struggles with the tiny, malnourished pup as the little thing puts up a good fight. Seokjin looks very entertained--he'd leave them there to struggle for the night if it isn't for the fact that the dog is practically a walking bag of bones. He walks over and takes the dog from atop Hoseok's stomach, before bringing it to the kitchen.

Seokjin manages to gather all the leftover bulgogi chicken from earlier, heating it up before giving it to the dog in a bowl. The dog munches on the chicken hungrily. That's when the six boys gather to watch the dog, Jungkook comparing Jimin to the dog ("He eats just like you hyung. There's food all over the table."), Hoseok simply staring at it, Namjoon looking deep in thought, Taehyung cooing at the dog, trying to give it a rub behind the ears, but every time he tries that, the dog will just snarl at him, causing Taehyung to flinch back. Seokjin is just watching the dog as it looks like its enjoying the food he made.

"I see the power's back on," Bang Sihyuk walks into the room. "Well, that means you boys are okay on your own?" 

"Yeah, thanks for coming by!" Seokjin bows, and the rest of the boys bow too, though their bodies still manage to shield the hungry dog from their hyung's eyes. 

"I'll be seeing you, then," Bang Sihyuk smiles. "Remember, there's school tomorrow. Don't sleep too late."

"Okay!" the boys bow again as Bang Sihyuk heads out. 

Taehyung is the first to turn back to the dog, asking, "What should we name him?" 

"We're not going to keep him," Seokjin says. "I'm going to call hyung back..." 

But he's blocked by five other boys giving him puppy-eyed looks, pouting. He wants to half-laugh at this reaction from his dongsaengs, but oh well...

"Fine, we can keep him." 

"YAAAAYY!" the five of them yell and run back towards the dog, staring at it again. By now, the dog has cleaned the plate of bulgogi. 

"What should we call him?" 

"I know! Mickey!" Hoseok suggests. 

"Rapmon! Cos it sounds cool! And Mickey sounds like Mickey the Mouse..." Namjoon mutters.

"That dog is Jjanggu," Seokjin says. "And that's final." 

The boys gape after Seokjin as the dog leaps off the table and follows the eldest hyung as Seokjin heads back to his room, muttering something about sleeping. They follow him, whining "Hyung~!" as Seokjin dumps himself into bed, almost grinning at the fact that he said that if the maknae line ever entered the hyungs' bedroom without Seokjin's permission, they will have to clean up their room themselves and Seokjin won't help them. So right now, the only two whining at Seokjin are Hoseok and Namjoon. 

Seokjin yells a "Go brush your teeth!" at the boys and Hoseok and Namjoon stomp away, like children throwing a tantrum. Seokjin smiles as the feels a weight on his chest. Apparently, Jjanggu has taken a liking to him...and his bed. He'd go wash the plates after Namjoon and Hoseok have fallen asleep. 

**************************************************************

Yoongi blinks and is staring up at the ceiling fan, the lights still off.

Mmph, whatever, Yoongi thinks to himself, and he actually hears four sets of snores in the room. Wait...isn't there supposed to be three? 

Mmph, whatever, Yoongi closes his eyes again and sleeps.

**************************************************************