Bangtan and the House

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

While i was thinking of a fab idea for angst i suddenly thought of this and decided to write it :3 It has a bit of a fantasy element to it, and it's based on Hansel and Gretel. I'll write the angst one after Taehyung's birthday one? 

Quick Question: What's your favourite fairy tale?

Enjoy this word vomit!

********************************************************

"Come on, it's gonna be fun!" 

"No!" Jimin crosses his arms across his chest and refuses to budge. It is eleven at night. Seokjin and the rest of the hyungs are asleep. Jungkook and Taehyung have made sure that the coast is clear.

"You go, I'm staying!"

"Awwww, don't be like that, Jimin-hyung! It's gonna be fun!" Jungkook's eyes twinkle. When Jungkook calls him hyung, Jimin knows he'll cave eventually, so he opts to turn away from the two.

"Never mind, Jungkookie. Jiminnie won't know what he's missing out on," Taehyung says, and Jimin vaguely hears the two heading towards the window. The three of them had actually planned this out quite a while ago. They're house is quite near the outskirts of Seoul, near woods. They'd always been taught to keep out of the woods--you don't know what's going to get you out there and you'll never see your hyungs again. 

But tonight, Jimin got cold feet and decided to stay behind while Jungkook and Taehyung are both headed out to the woods by themselves. Jimin figures that there's a ghost right there in those woods, and should probably let Jungkook and Taehyung scare themselves to death before telling Seokjin-hyung or something.

The window slams shut and Jimin jumps. Now he's left all by himself in the room. He should probably be going back to sleep.

*******************************************************

Taehyung and Jungkook manage to find their way to the bushes and shrubbery that have covered the gate leading into the wood. They shove away the leaves and branches, finding the gate behind them. The metal is rusted, but the gate is unlocked.

(There's a danger sign right there but Taekook are too excited to care.) 

Jungkook and Taehyung enter the woods officially, finding themselves following a winding path into the fogginess of the Forbidden Forest. There are trees with gnarled branches on each side of the path, giving off a scary vibe. Taehyung clings tightly to Jungkook's hand as the two of them continue walking deep into the forest.

Taehyung is very certain he just saw two red eyes in the hole of that tree they just passed by, and that a branch just reached out to grab at them.

But no matter how much he tells Jungkook that he wants to go back--that they're not going to do this anymore--Jungkook just pulls his hyung along. Slowly, but surely, Taehyung notices that the path they're walking on is beginning to fade into grass, and that there's no turning back now.

Great, now they're utterly lost.

Taehyung quakes in his tiny shoes as he clutches onto Jungkook's arm for dear life. Jungkook himself is now feeling a little of the shivers, but they continue on nonetheless. Taehyung shrieks in surprise when a flock of bats fly overhead, screeching, on the hunt for food. The moon is covered completely by the fog--the sky is totally invisible at this point in time.

How Taehyung wishes he's back in their little house, back safe in his bed, his haven. But they're big boys now: they can find their way back to the house.

"Let's try going back, Jungkookie. There's nothing here," Taehyung says.

It's only then do the two of them smell something awesome. Something that chases away the fear in their hearts.

"Candy!" the two exchange ecstatic glances and they rush off in search of the food.

*******************************************************

But the thing is, Jimin can't sleep. Not without anyone else sleeping in the same room as he is. He tries covering his entire body with his blanket, but it doesn't work. He still glances behind his back once in a while to make sure there isn't a ghost hiding in his room or the bogeyman trying to get him from under the bed or something (he's sleeping on the top bunk of his bunk bed).

Jimin hears a crash from the outside and screams, sitting bolt upright and staring at the door. Cautiously, he decides to go down and check. Did Taehyung and Jungkook come running back because the forest is too scary? Well, that serves them right!

Jimin ventures down, clutching his blanket, calling with a shaky voice into the penetrating darkness. He puts one foot in front of the other, grabbing onto the banister of the staircase to prevent slipping, tripping and falling. He eventually makes it down to the living room, where it seems like there could be ghosts jumping out at him any moment now.

He finds the kitchen light on. Is there a ghost there?

Armed with one of Hoseok's baseball bats lying about, he approaches the mysterious figure currently drinking from a glass in the kitchen. He's drinking milk. Chocolate milk! Jimin's favourite! He scowls suddenly. No! This whoever-it-is cannot be having any of Jimin's milk! Jimin's having none of that!

The figure turns around the moment Jimin's bat connects with his face. There is an ear-splitting shatter as the glass drops onto the ground and Jimin has swung so hard that the bat has flown out of his hand. The figure lies on the ground, twitching, and Jimin suddenly worries that he might have actually killed the stranger.

Hey, wait...that multicolored hair looks familiar...

"Yoongi-hyung?" Jimin gasps as he runs over to his hyung. There is an ugly purplish bruise already forming on Yoongi's cheek.

Just when Jimin is about to cry, scream and wail for Seokjin-hyung, Yoongi suddenly sits up, smashing Jimin in the chin. Okay, maybe he should have thrown the bat at Yoongi-hyung too. Now Jimin's chin hurts like the whole world's been dropped onto him.

Out of Yoongi's mouth bursts a string of words Jimin has never heard of before, but he's pretty certain that those are all bad words that Seokjin-hyung has told them never ever to use.

"JIN-HYUNG! YOONGI-HYUNG SAID MANY BAD WORDS!"

There's footstep sounds coming from the bedroom on the top floor. In a matter of seconds, Seokjin is standing by Jimin and Yoongi and muttering something Jimin can't catch under his breath.

"I can obviously see Yoongi is getting water, but Jimin, why's there a bat?"

"I...I thought hyung was a ghost."

Seokjin sighs.

"Hyung! He hit me with the bat!" Seokjin tries not to chuckle as he sees the big bruise that is covering almost half of Yoongi's cheek. It's amazing that his cheekbone is not yet cracked or broken.

"Let's get you back to bed, Jimin," Seokjin says. "Both of you, don't step on the glass, and come around here to hyung. Go back to your own room and sleep, okay?"

Jimin and Yoongi make their way over to Seokjin and out of the kitchen.

"I can't go back to sleep, hyung. What if there's a ghost in there or something?"

"Ghost? Aren't Taehyung and Jungkook in there with you?" Jimin is never too scared to sleep when someone else is sleeping with him in the same room.

"They're not, hyung," Jimin blurts, then suddenly, realizing what he's just said, clamps two hands over his own mouth.

"What do you mean they're not?" Seokjin asks.

"They...they went out," Jimin says. Figures it's better to just spill the beans right here and right now. "But I'm sure they'll be back soon!"

"I'll go find them after I ice Yoongi's cheek," Seokjin says, sweeping up the broken pieces of glass with a broom and dustpan that Jimin swears has materialized from nowhere. After that, he sits Yoongi down at the couch with a wet cloth and a plastic bag of ice.

He instructs for Yoongi to hold it to his cheek, and the dongsaeng does so obediently. Jimin sends apologetic looks over to Yoongi every minute or so, otherwise, he's staring down at the ground.

"Right, I'm going to go check it out. They can't have gone far. Did they tell you where they were going?"

"The woods," Jimin says.

Seokjin stares at him, wide-eyed. The woods? Bang PD said to never go into the woods!

"Let's go, quick!"

***********************************************************

"It's food!"

Jungkook stares at the giant gingerbread house in the middle of the woods. Ooh! Isn't that great! Food! And Jungkook's getting hungry too.

He takes a giant bite out of the sides of the house, particularly the large gummy bear on the corner. He loves gummy bears, especially the red ones, because red is Jungkook's favourite colour. Taehyung follows suit and slurps up that sour candy decorating the front of the door.

The knob to the door suddenly turns and Jungkook and Taehyung scream, grabbing at each other and hugging each other to death. Never had they thought that there might be someone actually living in the house!

"Hello." It was an old, kind-looking lady on the other side of the door, dressed completely in black, even with long, black hair hanging down past her shoulders. She carries a staff in one hand, lined with what looks to be chocolate.

"H-Hi!" the two boys bow down and greet in unison.

"I suppose you found my house by accident, and it seems you're hungry," she chuckles, indicating the big chunk that Jungkook has taken out of the gingerbread.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook casts his gaze downwards, hoping to earn some sympathy points with her.

She smiles warmly, "Well, you'd best come inside. I'll prepare a feast fit for a king!"

Mouth watering, Taehyung and Jungkook run inside. The lady gives a little cackle, and the door shuts tight behind her. Once inside, Jungkook and Taehyung marvel at the seemingly limitless amount of candy in the house. There are glowing gobstoppers acting as lights upon the chandeliers made of nothing but sugar. The walls are made up of even more gingerbread. Lollipops act as borders for portraits hanging on the walls.

"Here," the lady says, showing the two to a room. It's a room already with a feast laid out before them, on grand, red tablecloth and a mahogany table. The chairs look like those for a king and queen's. Taehyung takes dibs on the bigger chair, and Jungkook sits on the other smaller, but still almost-as-big, chair.

"Do enjoy," the lady smiles, and closes the door behind her.

There are food everywhere! More food than Jungkook and Taehyung had ever imagined! Jungkook dives for the roast duck, and Taehyung takes a bite out of the grilled fish. It's all food, and there's even candy at the end of the table. Sandwiches, chicken, cake, pudding, rice, garlic bread, mushroom soup, licorice, yoghurt and even ice-cream! Jungkook takes a bite out of everything, and so does Taehyung. Soon, the two of them are lying on the ground, tired, full and happy.

******************************************************************

"Hyung, you're telling me that you woke me up at eleven p.m. to go into the woods where we might never come back out again?" Namjoon stifles a yawn as the five of the boys make their way into the woods. Hoseok has brought his trusty bat along, making Yoongi scowl at the sight of it. Meanwhile, Seokjin has his own wooden sword (that he bought at an anime convention some time ago). Yoongi has happened to find that old crossbow he used to use (hidden somewhere deep in the trash of the store room). Namjoon and Jimin have come empty-handed.

"Yes, I did," Seokjin says as a matter-of-factly. "It's easy to get lost in the woods. There's nothing hiding in there, if that's what you want to know."

Namjoon furrows his brows, but says nothing more as he shines the torchlight even further into the woods, illuminating trees and bushes in the way. They had come to the gate, locked, and had to climb over it, Seokjin screaming about the rust.

"If it's locked, do you think Taetae and Kookie have climbed over it too?" Jimin asks.

"Tetanus!" Seokjin suddenly screams, scaring the wits out of Yoongi and causing Hoseok to screech and koala-hug Namjoon.

"Jeezus, hyung, don't scare us like that!" Namjoon attempts to shove Hoseok off him (since that bat is pretty menacing) but he fails and the two fall into the mud. The torchlight flies out of Namjoon's hands and Seokjin stares at it rolls away, into the bushes.

He's just about to go retrieve it when the thing suddenly disappears. The beam of light is gone.

"Run out of batteries," Namjoon shakes his head. "Never going to work again."

"You know what? I have to make a call to Bang PD-hyung," Seokjin says. "It's not safe out here in the woods at night." 

Just as they're turning around to leave, they've realize the path has disappeared. And hey, wasn't the gate there just a while ago?

"Alright," Seokjin says, mustering as much courage as he can. "Let's just continue since there's no absolute way we're going to find our way back." 

With close to no protest, the five of them continue on, while an owl flies and hoots overhead, followed by a raven, holding a torchlight in its talons.

**************************************************************************

"Here's your room to stay for the night," the old lady gestures to a small door. Taehyung and Jungkook enter the room and are greeted with what looks to be the nicest and comfiest beds they've ever seen! The two of them jump onto the beds, battling for the one nearest the door, and snuggling into the blanket.

"I'll wake you when it's morning and you can return home," she says sweetly. "The woods are dangerous at night. You'd best not be coming here again anytime soon." 

"Okay!" Taehyung and Jungkook say in unison.

The old lady closes the door on the other side, and Taehyung distinctly hears the click of a lock. He's too tired to care, though. 

It wasn't until much later that Taehyung and Jungkook hear a click and a knock on the door. Jungkook crawls out of his bed and shakes Jungkook awake, before walking over to the door and opening it. Taehyung wonders what Jimin is doing now--is he still enjoying his time all by his lonesome self in that room? Without Jungkook or himself to give him company?

The moment the door swings open, Taehyung is pulled roughly out of the door and thrown into a wall, or what he thought is a wall. When Taehyung raises his head, he realizes that he's inside a cage, and right in front of him is the ugliest face he's ever seen in his life. It's that of an old lady with ugly warts and grey hair--looking just like a witch in the cartoons, minus the witch hat.

"You're mine now!" she cackles, laughing and dragging the cage containing Taehyung along with her, clanking down the stairs to a room where Taehyung has never seen before. He's never been so scared in his life. He wants to call out for Jungkook, but it seems that his tongue is too heavy to even move.

"Hyung! Hyung!"

Taehyung is hurtled down somewhere dark and dank and full of rats. The skittering of their little claws across the floor alerts Taehyung to the fact that he won't like it very much down here. The cage is being dragged again. The witch grunts with the effort and Taehyung can't stop shivering in fear.

"Where's Jin-hyung...where's Yoongi-hyung?" Taehyung suddenly wishes even more than ever to be back at home, not in this witch's house! It must have been a trick!

The cage continues being dragged and Taehyung finds himself facing a giant bonfire, much like that campfire of that camp he's been to that one time and they roasted marshmallows over it.

Oh.

*****************************************************************************

"There!"

Jimin's keen eye sees the house in the midst of the fog. The five of them head on over, cowering behind Seokjin and Namjoon as they try to see through the fog floating in the area.

"It's a gingerbread house!" 

"Hansel and Gretel!" Seokjin realizes. "Quick! Tae and Jungkook must be in danger!" 

"What," Namjoon manages to sigh before running after his hyung, the rest following after them. It's probably made just to look like gingerbread. And there's a high possibility that Taehyung and Jungkook aren't there. Seokjin-hyung and his stupid fairy tales again.

Being the born spy that he is, Seokjin lays low, pressing his back up against the walls below the windows. Inside, he hears the quiet tapping of feet on tiles and the not-so-quiet screaming of a child inside.

"Is that Jungkookie?" Hoseok asks, tugging on Seokjin's shirt. Seokjin presses a finger to his lips, silencing Hoseok for the meantime. Meanwhile, he hears a crunching and chewing sound behind him. He turns around to find Jimin snacking on the walls of the gingerbread house.

With a mouthful of gingerbread, he turns around to look at Seokjin, "What, hyung?"

Seokjin points at the gingerbread, makes a chewing motion with his mouth and slides his hand across his throat, hoping Jimin gets the message. Unfortunately, he doesn't since he continues chewing on the house.

The moment the door opens with a creak does Jimin stop biting and turns to stare at the other four friends in horror. Quickly, he hides behind Seokjin. The five boys hold their breath as an ugly woman's head pokes out of the door, grunting something about "those foxes" and slams the door shut again.

"There's a witch!" Yoongi's eyes are shining now, most likely with excitement.

"We don't know what she can do," Namjoon says. "Maybe she'll turn all of us into mice."

"Mice who'd chew on her house," Yoongi snorts, but Hoseok seems to have stiffened with fear at being turned into a mouse.

"I think--" Seokjin starts when he hears a cry.

"Hyung! Hyung! Jin-hyung! Where are you?"

There's a pained cry if Seokjin's ever heard one. Jungkook's voice. He can hear it, loud and clear. One of his brothers is calling out to him!

"Alright, we have to get in, and if that means we have to get turned into a mouse, we will," Seokjin says, voice firm.

"Um, y'know, do you think I can...um...stay out here with Jiminnie or something?" Hoseok asks, voice quivering, looking around himself. For a seven-year-old, he's smart enough to drag someone out here with him if he's waiting here in this creepy forest.

"No can do," Seokjin tuts. "Aren't you thinking about saving Jungkookie too?"

Hoseok bites his lip. Jimin doesn't look too keen on going in either. But in the end, both of them agree to enter with the group. 

"Alright, if one of us makes it out alive, we're going to phone Bang PD-hyung, okay?" Seokjin asks.

"Okay," the other four of them whisper. They find a way to squeeze into the house: this large chunk of the house that someone had bitten into just recently. It makes a hole big enough for the five of them to crawl through. Soon, they find themselves in a magnificently-decorated house, where sweets and candy are piled everywhere on the walls.

Jimin's mouth waters at the sight of all the candy around him, but he knows that they are on a mission: Operation Rescue Taekook--his best buddies. With that in mind, the five of them make their way down the hallway, past a few rooms...

Jimin heard it first. The sound of sobbing and pounding of fists against the wall.

"In here!" Jimin points to the room to their left. Indeed there are loud pounding sounds against the door.

"Kookie! Is that you?"

"H-Hyung?" comes the voice from the other side. "Hyung! I can't get out! She took Tae-hyung! I c-can't get out!"

And at that moment, the door burst open, Jungkook tumbling out from the other side. Seokjin turns his head to see the cause of the unlocking of the door--oh. Jimin has somehow bitten through the hinges (remember they're made of candy), causing the door to just open.

Jungkook runs into Seokjin's arms, crying his eyes out, but Seokjin knows there's something else that needs to be attended to at this moment. Taehyung. Jungkook said that the witch had taken him. Where, though?

"Yoongi, can you stay wtih Jungkookie? Hoseok, you too. If anything happens, I want you all to eat your way out," Seokjin's eyes twinkle, and they all nod. "Jimin, you stay wtih them too. Namjoon-ah, come with me."

"Huh? Why just me?"

Seokjin doesn't answer and follows his hyung towards the innermost portion of the house. "Because you're cleverer than the others and you can get yourself out of trouble more easily than the others." The two approach a large wooden door. It must be different from the other rooms considering that its door isn't made of candy.

"There's a hole there," Seokjin says, pointing to a hole in the door. "I'll let you stand on my knee and see if you can see anything through it?"

Namjoon does as he's told, holding the wall to prevent himself from falling and squeezing one eye shut, so that he can focus in his other eye. He sees only a staircase that leads down to what he assumes is a basement, and smoke.

"I smell something, Namjoon."

"Fire?"

"Why does she have a fire?"

"I don't know. I can't see it," Namjoon clambers down Seokjin's knee. "Maybe there's something we can use to bring the door down?"

The two of them try their luck, ramming into the wall again and again, pausing each time to make sure that the old lady hasn't heard them and isn't coming up to check. It isn't until the tenth ram that Seokjin's shoulders are hurting all over and Namjoon is sitting on the ground, panting. He's surely not cut out for all this.

Footsteps. Namjoon stands up immediately.

"Hide!"

Seokjin and Namjoon squeeze themselves against the wall, both on the right side. The door opens and the witch looks to the left, trying to figure out what is making that noise. Meanwhile, Seokjin and Namjoon slip into the room past the witch. They hope the witch hasn't turned her back as they start making their way down the stairwell.

As they reach the bottom, Seokjin and Namjoon duck behind a pile of crates to hide. The heat is almost unbearable, but all Seokjin can think of right now is how scared Taehyung is, being trapped her alone by that mean witch. His eyes scan the room. There's a giant fire roaring, looking very much like a campfire, with a cauldron hanging just over it.

"H-Hyung, you don't think..." Namjoon points at the cauldron.

Seokjin's heart nearly stops. Has she already...? 

"Hyung?"

"Not now, Namjoon."

"I didn't say anything, Jin-hyung."

Then who did? Seokjin turns to his right to find a pair of red, puffy eyes staring back, and the sudden relief flowing through them.

"Tae-ah!" Seokjin grins in excitement as he hugs the cage that Taehyung is in. How dare anyone throw his Taehyungie in a cage like this! 

"We'll get you out of there, Tae, promise," Seokjin says confidently. At least, until he hears the click-clacking of the footsteps of the witch. The two of them duck and remain silent in their positions as the witch walks over towards Taehyung's cage. This is their chance to launch a surprise attack!

"Yah!" Seokjin swings the wooden sword he has with him, managing to catch the witch off guard and the sword makes contact with the witch's cheekbone. The witch is now sprawled on the ground, attempting to get up. For good measure, Seokjin slams the sword down once again on her head to prevent her from getting up again. 

"That's for kidnapping my brother!" Seokjin hisses angrily.

Namjoon makes a mental note to never ever make Seokjin that mad.

"It's locked, hyung," Taehyung says, pushing at the cage's door. Seokjin runs over to him and looks over at Namjoon for help.

"Don't look at me...I can't pick locks," Namjoon says. "I'm most likely gonna--"

He touches the lock and it breaks, the lock falling to the ground with a sharp thunk. Seokjin and Taehyung stare at Namjoon, wide-eyed.

"My own talent amazes even me," Namjoon's jaw goes slack at the broken lock. Seokjin opens the cage door and Taehyung crawls out into Seokjin's arms, crying all of a sudden.

"She wanted to eat me, hyung."

"It's okay now," Seokjin says, arms tight around his dongsaeng, drying his tears and helping him up. Taehyung swipes at his own eyes as he sniffles, taking Seokjin's hand, clutching onto it with a death grip as Seokjin leads him towards the stairwell.

"Hyung! We have to run!" 

Seokjin looks in the direction Namjoon is pointing at. The fire's getting out of control!

"You're not going to get away that easily!" an evil voice calls out.

"Hyung! She's making the fire move!" Taehyung grabs at his hyung's hand and starts running, pulling Seokjin along, while Namjoon follows behind. Fire at the walls of the room as the demented woman chases after them, making her way up the stairs at a surprisingly fast pace.

When Seokjin, Namjoon and Taehyung reach the top of the stairs, they're greeted by a bright flash of light. A torchlight?

"Hey, isn't that--?" Seokjin recognizes their torchlight! So why's a raven holding it right now?

The raven caws and makes a dive towards Namjoon, who barely manages to dodge it. Namjoon screams as he trips. 

"Namjoon!" Seokjin shoves Taehyung through the door, where he hears tiny feet plodding over to them. He grabs Namjoon's arm and hurtles the two of them towards the door, before kicking it close. The witch gives a frenzied scream as the door bursts open suddenly, the flames already burning the walls of the house, causing smoke to billow into the hallway.

"Alright, now let's put your fire drill to action!" Seokjin orders. The seven of them, now reunited, drop to their tummies and start crawling, to avoid breathing in the smoke gathering in a thick, black cloud overhead. They continue crawling and crawling, feeling the heat behind them.

"The house's gonna explode!" Yoongi shouts, and when they're right at the door, Seokjin yells at them to run.

So they all do. Get up and run, that is. The seven of them make it out of the house, get a distance away from the burning gingerbread house before the thing explodes, showering ashes and burned candy around them. The only sounds that can be heard are the cicadas and crickets chirping a tune in the night and the laboured breaths of seven people.

"We're all out...in one piece," Seokjin comments.

Hoseok is too scared and too pale to actually say anything, and jumps when Jimin grabs his favourite hyung in a hug. Meanwhile, Seokjin is just asking Jungkook and Taehyung many questions about whether they're alright, how they found themselves into this situation in the first place and was the candy tasty. He pats them down, asks them whether it hurts. The answer's no most of time, but Taehyung has bruises on his arms and legs and Jungkook on his fists.

"Well, that's that. I'm going to have to rub iodine on your cuts and apply medicinal balm to your bruises," Seokjin says. "And it's going to hurt. For the bruises."

********************************************************************

"Owowowowow!"

Jungkook's screams can wake the dead. Taehyung is already tucked into his bed and asleep, sleeping with Jimin in the same bed (since he hasn't gotten over the trauma of that night). Seokjin is still tending to Jeongguk's wounds. Namjoon and Hoseok are already asleep, and so is Yoongi.

"Serves you right," Seokjin says, dabbing some more ointment on Jungkook's bruise. "You two are washing the dishes every single day from tomorrow onwards for a full week."

"B-But hyung!" Jungkook protests.

"No arguing with me on this one. If I say you do it, you do it." 

"Fine."

Seokjin draws Jungkook into a hug unexpectedly. "Don't go wandering off like that again, okay? You made us all worry."

"Okay," Jungkook says, voice muffled by Seokjin's clothes.

"Alright, you should go sleep now. Tomorrow's a school day, you know."

"Okay."

Seokjin watches as his dongsaeng ambles up the stairs, heading for his room, no doubt about to land right onto Taehyung and Jimin. It's only now that he realizes how easy it is to lose his brothers.