Bangtan Cycling

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

This kind of turns into some Bangtan at the Park after a while im sorry...things have been tough the past few weeks since i've got math and chinese test on the same day and a japanese presentation and physics practical the day before so i was really stressed. I hope by reading these short stories you guys would feel better if you ever feel down...that's kind of my motivation to write this chapter but i guess it didn't turn out so well... ive got a chinese and geog essay coming up and a japanese test tomorrow...

Anyways, quick question: Do you know how to cycle? What was the longest you've cycled without stopping? Mine was about 20km for like an hour and fifteen minutes... :3

This chapter was a little inspired by our night cycling adventure our school organized. Enjoy!

**************************************************************

"That's it! You got it!" Seokjin grins as Jimin mimicks his expression. He's finally getting it! He turns back to the rest. He is making great progress with Jimin and Jungkook. Taehyung just got onto his bicycle and started cycling like a pro. Namjoon keeps crashing onto the ground. Hoseok can cycle as well, making funny faces at Yoongi who is still trying to get onto his bicycle.

Seokjin has decided that it's finally time for Jungkook and Jimin to get rid of those training wheels. Taehyung being able to cycle the moment he touches his bicycle is one of those unexplained phenomenon like crop circles.

"Come on, Namjoonie-ah!" Hoseok has changed his target and is cycling around Namjoon as Namjoon grumbles, tears shining in his eyes. Seokjin makes sure that Jungkook isn't doing anything funny on his bike before running over to Namjoon.

He helps Namjoon up and teaches him step by step how to cycle.

With much effort, Namjoon finally gets the hang of it. He is finally laughing as he cycles in circles with Hoseok. Apparently, Namjoon can't cycle straight.

Jungkook crashes the moment Seokjin claps when Namjoon gets it. He turns back to find the maknae crying over scraped knees. He helps Jungkook get up and fishes two bandages out of his pockets (you must always be prepared) and he helps stick the plasters over his scrapes before helping Jungkook up and getting him back up on his bike.

Eventually, even Yoongi knows how to cycle, although with much difficulty. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok set off first while Seokjin helps with Jungkook. Taehyung cycles after the hyungs, leaving Jimin there, still trying to learn how to turn on the bike.

"That's it, you've got it!" Seokjin gives off a proud grin as Jungkook starts cycling. He gives off an excited giggle as he cycles the way that the hyungs went. Seokjin gets on his bike and, with Jimin, cycles after the rest.

**********************************************************

They've rented the bicycles for five hours--it should be enough time for them to make a trip around the park and back. The first part of the park they head to is the glass pyramid--one of the attractions in the park. Jimin grins as he gets off his bike and excitedly runs over to it, not even hearing the crash of the bicycle on the ground as he forgot to put the stand down. Seokjin sighs as he lifts the bike up (okay, maybe with Hoseok's help) and parks the bicycle at one corner, before retrieving his own bike and doing the same. 

Jungkook runs after his hyung, followed closely by Taehyung, Namjoon and Hoseok. Meanwhile, Yoongi has earphones plugged in as usual as he walks behind Seokjin towards the pyramid.

Apparently, the pyramid lets them go inside and view the rest of the park from there. Jimin and Taehyung peer out of the pyramid, greeted by the afternoon sun as they watch other cyclists cycle around the park. There's apparently a beach nearby and a giant land with ponds and bridges and everything and it looks so cool in seven pairs of young eyes.

"I wanna go there first!" Taehyung points at the ponds.

"The beach looks way cooler!" Jungkook argues. Seokjin sighs and slaps his forehead.

"Let's take a vote," Hoseok cries, suddenly getting all jittery, hyperactive. Probably from all the chocolate he ate earlier.

In the end, since Seokjin simply refused to vote, it became a tie. Yoongi, Namjoon and Jungkook wanted to go to the beach and Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok wanted to go to the ponds.

"Look, why don't you just go where you want to go and we'll meet back here after three hours?" Seokjin throws his hands up in defeat.

"Okay!"

With that resounding chorus, the six boys run off, leaving Seokjin standing there bathing in the bright, afternoon sun.

***********************************************************

"This is so cool!" Taehyung cycles towards the ponds and over the bridges. There are a few other people there too, taking pictures with and of the pretty flowers floating on the pond's surface. "This is way cooler than the beach!"

Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi have left in the opposite direction and would probably have reached their destination by now. Hoseok squeals as he sees a tortoise crawling out from the water onto the grassland, apparently sunbathing. He watches as people start throwing bread crumbs towards the tortoise.

"What are they doing, hyung?" Jimin asks, pointing at the people, and Hoseok shakes his head.

"I don't know. Let's ask."

"B-But hyung, we can't just go up and ask..."

"Mister! What are you doing?"

Hoseok and Jimin stare as Taehyung points to the bread. 

"Throwing bread to feed the turtle," he explains, before handing another piece of bread to his girlfriend, who hurls it at the tortoise.

"It's a tortoise, not a turtle."

"Same difference. If you want, I can spare a bit of bread." He hands a piece to Taehyung, and Taehyung takes it, returning to Jimin and Hoseok.

"Let's feed the tortoise," Jimin plucks off a bit of the bread and throws it into the pond, watching as the tortoise picks it up off the ground and eats it. It looks so content just lying there doing nothing in the sun. Taehyung grabs another bit of the bread and throws it over to the tortoise.

"Yay! It's eating," Taehyung grabs another bit and is about to throw when he catches sight of two other tortoises on the land, watching him expectantly with those beady eyes. "You want some? Here!" He throws the bread at the two tortoises and the faster one snatches it up and gobbles it down.

"Yah, let me try!" Hoseok takes the bread and throws a piece to the tortoise. This time, the other tortoises snatches it up and eats it up.

After exhausting their supply of bread, and the man and his girlfriend was gone, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin bid goodbye to the tortoises and set off to explore the rest of the pond with their bicycles, although Jimin is still a little shaky. They reach a bench where there is a picnic table and benches--probably for people to enjoy the view. The three of them take out the food that Seokjin has packed them as lunch--bacon sandwiches.

Jimin bites into his sandwich as he looks out towards the ponds. He's never really liked watery places, but this feels different. It feels relaxing. Jimin bites into his sandwich again when Hoseok grins as he notices a few tortoises crawling up onto the shore to sunbathe. 

"Their shells are really cool," Taehyung says absentmindedly as he looks out into the ponds. His eyes widen when he realizes something. "There are fishies!"

"Fishies are cute," Hoseok comments as he looks at where Taehyung is pointing.

"This is better than the beach!" Jimin pumps his fist into the air, bacon bits flying out of his mouth and landing on Hoseok, who gives a high-pitched scream and tries to swat the bacon off his arm. 

"Hyung! You scared away the fishies!" Taehyung accuses, peering over the side of the railing and into the pond.

Hoseok gives him an appalled look. "I so didn't." 

"Yes you did!"

This is never going to end.

**************************************************************

"Good, now I can just lie here and not do anything," Yoongi throws himself off his bike and onto the sand. Namjoon grins as he dismounts as well and Jungkook struggles with his mini bike.

"W-Wait for me!" Jungkook cries as he manages to get his bike to stand (he's the Golden Maknae after all) and he runs after Yoongi, who's settled himself near the waves with his feet in the water, and Namjoon's waving at him.

"Come on!" he yells as he runs into the water, screaming his head off as Jungkook chases after his hyung...Min Yoongi is perfectly content with just sitting on the sand and letting the water kiss his feet. Within seconds, Min Yoongi is asleep, leaving Jungkook and Namjoon playing with each other in the water.

"There's a starfish," Jungkook remembers the last time they've went to an aquarium all the way back in Busan, and he'd grabbed and poked the starfish? Or was that Hobi-hyung? He touches the starfish, and it feels exactly the same as it did during the aquarium trip.

"Have a good life, starfishy!" Jungkook throws the starfish back into the water. If he leaves it out there, someone's going to step on it, someone like...

Namjoon-hyung.

Yoongi opens his eyes to a yelp from Namjoon as he holds his foot, screaming his lungs out. Sensing something not quite right, he stops his music and throws off his headphones. When he gets over, Namjoon's almost in tears. His toe is rather red, and Yoongi can somewhat guess what happened. Namjoon must have almost stepped on some crab or something and it had a snap at him.

"Alright, just sit out for a while and it'll be fine," Yoongi pats Namjoon on the back in a poor attempt to comfort him, and helps him limp all the way back to where he was previously sitting near the water. Jungkook sits down worriedly beside Namjoon.

"Maybe we should have followed Tae..."

"Don't be silly," Yoongi hisses. "There are bugs and mosquitoes and piranhas in the ponds!"

This makes Namjoon smile, albeit a little. "Hyung, there aren't any piranhas in the pond. Do you even know what 'piranhas' mean?"

Namjoon bursts out into a very eloquent speech about piranhas while Yoongi and Jungkook listen. At least Namjoon isn't crying anymore.

**********************************************************

"What in the world happened?" Seokjin puts his hands on his hips as he arrives with Jungkook in tow. With Namjoon's condition, Yoongi figures it'll be hard, if not impossible, for Namjoon to ride his bag back to the pyramid where Seokjin is waiting. The sun is already starting to set.

"Alright..." Seokjin massages his temple as he wonders what to do. "Ah, you can ride on the back of my bicycle. Then I'll come back to get yours."

"I-It's okay, hyung, I can ride my own bike," Namjoon hobbles over to his own bike with Yoongi's help and he clambers clumsily onto it. Seokjin shoots him a look as they begin on their slow and arduous journey back to the pyramid. Seokjin has sent Jungkook and Yoongi onwards, so that Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin won't find nobody there.

"You sure you really don't want me to bring you back first?" Seokjin asks, as Namjoon keeps having to stop for a rest break. His foot is throbbing really badly. He probably needs a bandage when he gets back. For now, Seokjin is just trying to get them back to the pyramid where they can be close enough to return their bicycles.

But when Namjoon suddenly rides faster than him, Seokjin wonders what he's doing as he catches up, his legs already halfway dying but still...

The pyramid comes into view just as the crickets start singing. Namjoon and Seokjin find their brothers standing there, looking a little bored, but all that changes as Namjoon and Seokjin cycle up to them.

"Hyung!" Taehyung cries, waving his arms as Namjoon nearly falls off his bike when he stumbles off. Okay, he flopped onto the ground, apparently forgetting about his toe for a moment there and his bicycle crashes onto the ground. His dongsaengs run to help him up while Yoongi and Hoseok help with Namjoon's bicycle.

Seokjin smiles as he watches on at the side, as his brothers help each other, and Jungkook even offers to help with Namjoon's bicycle.

In the end, they manage to get back to the rental area. Although they had crossed the five-hour mark, they are let off, seeing as Namjoon's foot is injured. They meet Hobeom, waiting with his car, and Hobeom 'tsk's as Namjoon grins sheepishly as Jimin helps him into the car, almost to the point of hoisting him in.

Seokjin sits himself in the passenger's seat as Hobeom drives them back to their house. This is the most interesting trip to the park he's ever made in his life.