Bangtan on a plane

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi again! Sorry for not updating lately! Rushing homework and stuff before school starts ;P Here is an interesting idea I'd like to try. Bangtan on a plane trip to Singapore (yay)! Haven't been anywhere outside Asia and Australia so I can't really write about other countries but the vast majority of the story is taking place in the plane so...

Warning: A bit of vomit 

Hope you enjoy! 

********************************************************

Jungkook fiddles in his seat in the airport, sitting beside Seokjin and Namjoon. Yoongi was reading the Ultimate Guide to Pokemon (Seokjin is sure that this is the only book other than a bedtime story book that Yoongi had ever read in his life) and Hoseok was playing Kirby on his 3DS. Namjoon had found a new game called Gyakuten Saiban and was stuck to it. Seokjin had disapproved at first of the game's content, seeing as it was about solving murder cases, but he didn't think much about it, until Namjoon had sometimes come to him in the middle of the night, saying that he has nightmares about someone sneaking into their house and killing him.

Meanwhile, Jimin and Taehyung are at that playground in the airport meant for kids like them. They wanted Jungkook to join them, but since Jungkook isn't fond of strangers--the other little kids running about the playground--he refused, leaving the 95-line to play alone. 

"What are you doing, hyung?" Jungkook asks, leaning over to Seokjin and watching Seokjin play Mario Kart for the umpteenth time now. "Why do you always play the same thing?" 

"Because Mario," Seokjin replies simply. 

"Mario?" Jungkook looks interested. "But you're driving a car." 

"I can play something else," Seokjin grins to himself as he crosses the finish line, first place as usual, and flicks the switch of his DS (Seokjin hadn't had time to get himself a 3DS) and booting up a Super Smash Bros game. Only because this game has Mario in it, and when Seokjin plays, he alternates between Mario and Princess Peach.

"Whoa, cool!" Jungkook cries, having learnt that new bit of vocabulary from Hoseok and Namjoon exclaiming when they get ice-cream or watch Big Hero 6. Jungkook leans against Seokjin's shoulder as he watches the little Princess Peach character run around the screen and hitting anything that moves. "I wanna play!" 

"You're going to throw a tantrum," Seokjin says. "So no." 

"I won't thwow a tantwum! Pwease!" Jungkook pleads, using those baby words that he was supposed to outgrow. His eyes widen and he pouts at Seokjin. Sighing, Seokjin hands the DS over to Jungkook, making extra sure the maknae knows exactly how hard to press the buttons and how hard he has to press the stylus to the screen and drag it without scratching the screen. 

Soon, Jungkook is thoroughly engrossed in the world of Super Smash Bros, choosing Mini Link (from Legend of Zelda) because he thought Mini Link was cute. Jungkook got even better at the game than Seokjin, the elder realizes. Well, he isn't called the Golden Maknae for nothing. He sighs, wondering how he was going to get his DS back later. 

He looks up at the board displaying the flight times, numbers, etcetera. For a little vacation, Hobeom was taking the boys overseas, to Singapore, a bustling metropolis and there is a lot of Asian food there and, as Hobeom put it, it is for them to expand their world. Seokjin didn't really understand then what Hobeom meant, but well, he probably never will.

Hobeom had left them there to get some coffee or something and chill out with the manager of some other family or something. Now he's stuck babysitting his dongsaengs. Not that the responsibility was anyone else's anyway.

Before long, Seokjin has somehow drifted off to sleep. 

*******************************************************
"Hey, hyung, wake up," Seokjin wakes up to Jimin's voice and Taehyung shaking him. Seokjin wakes with a start, glancing at his surroundings and realizing that the other boys had packed already and are standing up, waiting for their eldest hyung to wake up. Seokjin glares at Yoongi when he realizes that the younger has a camera in his hand and is laughing at the photographs with Hoseok. Seokjin swears that Yoongi has taken pictures of him sleeping. 

"It's time to go," Jungkook grins, handing Seokjin back his DS. Seokjin smiles gratefully at the maknae when he realizes that the DS is still intact, the buttons are still alright and the screen hasn't cracked yet. Seokjin shoves it into his backpack, and looks up to a smirking Hobeom who leads them to the gate and past the security checkpoints. Namjoon had concealed some metal keychain of a toy gun or something in his pocket, leading to Namjoon nearly crying when he was stopped by the guard. Seokjin and Yoongi had to comfort him after, Namjoon using some word that Seokjin has never heard of in his life: "traumatized". 

"Well, next time, don't put it in your pocket. Put it in your bag," Seokjin says, rubbing Namjoon's back comfortingly. "Come on, the plane's waiting." 

The seven boys manage to make it on the plane safe and sound. Hoseok is sitting in between Namjoon and Jungkook, Jungkook getting the side window, Jimin with Yoongi, Jimin getting the window seat, and Seokjin with Taehyung. Taehyung had tried talking to the plane's wing, earning stares from a few, confused flight attendants. 

"I've got kid's meal for all seven of you," Hobeom says, settling into the seat beside Seokjin.

Seokjin nods. "Yeah, okay." All he wanted to do is to play his Mario Kart, or at least Super Smash Bros or Super Mario or Super Paper Mario. You name it, he's got it. Well, only applies to Mario games anyway. 

"Hyung, what's this?" Taehyung asks, pointing to the screen in front of him. "It's small. I like our TV more."

"You can't bring the whole TV onto the plane, Tae," Seokjin says. He turns back to his own screen when he sees Taehyung taking something out of his bag. His lion plushie that he bought all the way back during their trip to the zoo the year before. V-lion, was it? Taehyung asks for his hyung's help in getting the blanket out of the plastic bag it was in, and lays his head on the pillow. Seokjin helps Taehyung cover himself with the blanket before the younger dozes off to sleep. 

Seokjin leans back against his seat, feeling the plane starting to move. He watches in amazement as something begins playing on the screen. It was a man and a woman, talking about safety on the plane, how the passengers should buckle their seatbelts and how there will be little lights on the floor when the plane is going to crash. Seokjin shivers. He doesn't want to think about how the plane might crash.

"Whoa, the plane might crash!" Hoseok yells excitedly as he watches the video. A lot of the passengers shoot him glares, but Hoseok doesn't seem to notice. Namjoon sighs and covers his face, keeping to himself, even when Hoseok pokes his arm, asking why Namjoon is doing that.

Seokjin sighs, wanting to bury his face into his pillow and scream.

******************************************************

"Hyung." 

"What?" Yoongi opens one eye and turns to Jimin. He was in the middle of a good dream and is woken up by just one word from Jimin. Jimin's face is pale. Paler than usual, and he looks sick.

"Hyung, I think..." Jimin barely manages to get out the sentence when a whole lot of vomit comes out through his mouth. Yoongi screams as the vomit splashes onto his shirt and sweatpants. Jimin mumbles an apology and this time, vomits on the carpeted floor of the plane. Yoongi feels like crying, especially when it is his favorite jacket that suffered the wrath of Jimin's airsickness. 

The other passenger sitting beside Yoongi helps call for a flight attendant, and they brought Yoongi to the toilet to get the two cleaned up. Yoongi wants to shout at Jimin in annoyance and anger, but seeing the still-shaking form of his dongsaeng, Yoongi can't bring himself to do that. Yoongi helps wipe the bits of vomit around Jimin's mouth with rinsed towels provided by the flight attendants and off Jimin's shirt and jeans before attending to himself, face scrunching up when he sees the icky substances leaving marks on his favourite jacket. 

And to stress, it was his neon orange jacket. The brown bits are very prominent on it. But then again, Yoongi has no other choice. He'd get a new one when he's back in Seoul...or maybe he can try Singapore's jackets. Yoongi leads Jimin back to their seats, and holds the airsickness bag near Jimin, making sure that the younger will puke in that bag and not on him again.

Yoongi feels a weight on his shoulder, and sees Jimin curling up to him, cuddled up in a blanket and his head on a pillow on Yoongi's shoulder. Sighing but smiling, Yoongi takes the controller from the handrest beside him and begin in search of movies to watch, eventually settling on Minions.

*******************************************************

Namjoon had seen Yoongi get up from his seat, leading Jimin over to the toilets together with some flight attendants. They'd returned to their seats soon after, and Namjoon wondered what was up for a while, before settling back comfortably in his seat (as comfortable as he can get anyway) and watching the movie that he wanted to watch for a long time now: The Little Prince. It is a French movie translated to Korean, and the story plot had captured Namjoon's interest when he'd read it for the first time. He tried looking up for it online but since it is a new movie, he couldn't find it anywhere. 

Namjoon looks over at his dongsaengs. Jungkook is fast asleep, head lolling to one side and Hoseok is on his thumb, watching Big Hero 6. 

"Excuse me, sir?" 

Namjoon looks up at a flight attendant and removes his earphones. "Would you like orange juice or...?" 

"Apple juice, please?" Namjoon scans the row of drinks on her food tray. 

"Of course," the flight attendant smiles, and hands Namjoon his cup of orange juice. Namjoon taps Hoseok on the shoulder, "What drink do you want?" 

"U-Uh...I don't know. Water?" Hoseok looks more confused than surprised.

"Sure," the flight attendant nods, handing Hoseok a cup of water, in which Hoseok downs the whole thing in one gulp. Namjoon nearly scoffs. He'd rather savour his own.

Well, he can't be forcing his ingenious ideas onto other people like that. 

*************************************************************

"Sir, your kid's meal is here," the flight attendant hands two trays to Jimin and Yoongi, before handing three to Namjoon, Hoseok and Jungkook (Namjoon made Hoseok wake Jungkook up) and finally two more to Seokjin and Taehyung. Seokjin has to shake Taehyung awake, and it isn't easy to do with a tray of food in front of both him and Taehyung. 

"Mmph?" Taehyung awakes, blinking his sleepy eyes as he sees food. And that's when he wakes up fully. "Food!" 

"Yup, food," Seokjin grins. Taehyung digs in immediately, eating his spaghetti deliciously...with the noises and expressions and all. Seokjin laughs as he digs into his own meal of pork cutlet. He'd been smart enough to stand beside Hobeom when the older started ordering the food and Seokjin got to pick his meal. The rest of the boys are either eating hamburgers or spaghetti like Taehyung. 

"Yah, don't splash the sauce," Seokjin half-whispers, eyes still glued to the screen which is playing Minions: the best thing next to Mario. He feels a few drops of sauce on his hand and wipes it away with a napkin. Taehyung, on the other hand, just uses the back of his hand to wipe the sauce away from his lips and continues eating, while Seokjin takes his time and cuts the pork into bite-sized pieces before shovelling it into his mouth, never once taking his eyes off the screen. It is at the scene where the Minions are evading capture by...what's her name? Scarlet something.

It'll be even better if Bowser's after them and that's Mario, Luigi and Toad, Seokjin thinks to himself. 

**************************************************************

"Jiminnie, wake up!" Yoongi whines, trying to wake the younger but again, with food on the trays in front of them, it is a hard task. Yoongi has tried everything. Shaking his shoulder, whipping away his blanket and pillow (wasn't that easy with the limited space he has) and blowing into Jimin's ear. With Jimin's head still nicely tucked between his head and his shoulder, Yoongi will never be able to eat his food and it's getting cold with each passing second. 

Yoongi sighs, and eyes the cup of Fresh Drinking Water on his tray. He smiles devillishly to himself. 

"Yah, Jimin," Yoongi's mouth is a full-length grin as he opens the water and pours a few drops on Jimin's head before...

His hand slips, unfortunately.

The whole cup of water dunks on Jimin's head, forcing the younger's eyes to open and he yelps. Yoongi looks apologetic as he takes the emptied plastic cup off Jimin's now wet clothes. Yoongi gulps. He sees Jimin's bottom lip tremble, his eyes shining, and Yoongi knows what's coming. He hurriedly calls to the back, "Jin-hyung!" 

By now practically the whole plane is staring at them. Of course, Seokjin barely heard what Yoongi had shouted. Because, well, Seokjin is so absorbed in his movie, using his brain to swap the Minions and Scarlet Overkill with Mario, Luigi, Toad and Bowser. 

Well, if the whole plane isn't staring at them already, they will be now. 

Jimin starts bawling his eyes out.

************************************************************

Jungkook hears his hyung crying in front of him, but he can't move around freely. He finishes up his pasta ("You got sauce all over my face, Jungkook-ah!" Hoseok whines) and tries to...

Climb on his tray. 

Jungkook has gotten smart enough to take off his seatbelt and is now pressing his feet against the tray, trying to support himself on that mini-table. Before Hoseok and Namjoon can stop him, Jungkook gives a slight scream and topples over Jimin's seat, landing heavily on Jimin's mini-table. Yoongi screeches when he sees Jungkook covered in Jimin's food--pasta sauce and, well, pasta. Not to mention the butter, the overturned milk (luckily it isn't opened yet) and the bread and the...chocolate cake. 

"What are you doing, Kookie?!" Yoongi hisses. He takes out his headphones and glances at the passenger beside him. Luckily, the stranger is fast asleep and hasn't woken up yet. Yoongi thanks his lucky stars as he turns back to the mess now on Jimin's table. 

"I heard Jimin-hyung crying, so I wanted to help Jimin-hyung," Jungkook explains, sounding a little harried. 

Before Jungkook can continue defending himself, Yoongi hears a giggle. Then another. Well, the giggling sounds more like choked sobs, but hey, it is better than crying, right? By now, Jimin's still wiping his tears away but he's laughing at Jungkook's food-covered body. Yoongi smiles and picks Jungkook up. One of the flight attendants who had heard the commotion comes running over, scooping Jungkook into his arms (well, arm, more like) and helps him get back into his seat (inclusive of Jungkook practically stepping on Hoseok and Namjoon). 

Jungkook notices a piece of paper being pushed back through that small slit between the two seats. He takes it just before it falls from the tiny hand holding it out. Jungkook reads it. It's a messy scrawl of butter, but Jungkook can read the words: Thank you! 

Giggling, Jungkook decides to keep it, the ache in his back not hurting as much as it did.

*******************************************************

Seokjin is sure he heard someone calling his name, that person sounding remotely like Yoongi. However, when he takes his headphones off his head, he hears nothing but Hobeom's soft snoring. He looks around, but finds nothing. Shrugging and realizing it's probably just someone that sounds like Yoongi calling someone else called Jin, he settles back into his seat and continues watching Minions as the flight attendants come to keep the trays.

*******************************************************

Taehyung nearly chokes on the bile that rises up into his throat as the plane hits the ground. Taehyung grits his teeth as he feels his stomach dropping. He grabbed on to Seokjin's arm and clung to it, scared that he was going to get thrown out of his seat, even after the older assured him that that will never happen.

The plane comes to a halt, and Taehyung finally lets out a breath. Seokjin laughs a little, but Taehyung is sure that his hyung's face is also green. Although...Taehyung hears crying from the front. Most likely Hobi-hyung, but well...

Taehyung takes his little bag that he stored underneath the seat in front of him. 

"You might want to take your jackets off, boys. I heard Singapore's a warm country," Hobeom says, shrugging off his own jacket. The boys do the same, stuffing their jackets haphazardly into their fun-sized haversacks. There is an announcement in English, but Taehyung doesn't understand what it says. He'll rely on Hobeom-hyung or Namjoon-hyung, since Namjoon-hyung has taken an interest in English and has read English books since he is younger than Taehyung. 

Taehyung grins as the group of seven boys and one adult step onto the carpeted floors of Changi Airport, making their way to the conveyor belt where their luggage would be at. Everyone is laughing in excitement as they imagine in their small noggins how Singapore would be like, what kind of amusement parks it'll have, what kinds of food it'll have and how the people will be like. 

"I'm gonna share a room with Namjoon-hyung!" Jimin grabs onto Namjoon's arm. 

"I'm gonna share a room with Taehyung!" Jungkook pounces on Taehyung, sending the both of them to the ground. 

"Then that leaves me with Yoongi-hyung and Jin-hyung," Hoseok pouts. "Yoongi-hyung's not fun!" 

"Y-Yah! I'm funner than Joonie!" Yoongi yells, chasing Hoseok as the younger starts to run. 

They finally catch sight of Hobeom with two luggages and they head out of the airport as warm air envelopes them.

This is going to be a fun trip.