Bangtan at a ski resort

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

I know I usually do requests in order, but I didn't really know what to write with a Bangtan and EXO (since I don't really know much about Shinee I'm so sorry) chapter, so I decided to look through the other requests, and tada! A two-in-one chapter! 

In response to parkjiminkim and taeyeon2003's requests: What if Bangtan goes to a ski resort and a chapter with Bangtan and EXO/Shinee

This is purely my perception on ski resorts (I'm sorry if it's not accurate)

Quck question: Have you ice-skated/skiied/snowboarded before? How was it like (did you fall flat into the snow/ice or did you ace it like the golden maknae?) 

Enjoy!

***************************************************************

"Whoa! Snow!" Jungkook cries, throwing a handful of snow into the air. Seokjin hums to some Big Bang song he picked up thanks to Jimin and Taehyung and Namjoon is following behind. Hoseok is joining Jungkook in the pile of snow ("Get out before you get too cold, Kookie!") and Yoongi is bundled up in around ten scarves and two pairs of gloves, complete with woolly socks and boots. Not to mention at least five layers of shirts and two layers of pants. 

"Did you know that snow is actually water?" Namjoon asks.

"Yeah," Yoongi rolls his eyes. Actually, he didn't.

"Really, hyung?" Namjoon gives his hyung a knowing look. "Water is H-two-O, and snow is H-two-O too. They're bonded with covalent bonds...which are strong and the intermolecular forces aren't..." 

"Where in the world do you even learn all this stuff?" Yoongi cuts him off, as the toddlers follow their eldest hyung up the hill and into the ski resort building, and they may or may not have occassionally jumped into a pile of snow and may or may not have started a snowball fight which ceased almost as immediately as it started when a snowball hit Seokjin's loosely-worn beanie off his head.

Seokjin dumps the snow from his beanie onto the floor outside of the ski resort, before going in and revelling in the warmth of the place. Bang Sihyuk-hyung has booked them two rooms--one with four beds and the other with three, and the pairing goes like this: Seokjin with Jungkook, Namjoon and Taehyung. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jimin are sharing the other room. Nope, Seokjin's not going to put the two 95z together. That's just asking for trouble.

"U-Uh, Bangtan Sonyeondan," Seokjin says to the woman at the counter. He made Namjoon and Yoongi lead the rest of the group to a sofa in the lounge area with the luggage. 

"You're...Kim Seokjin?" the woman asks, furrowing her brows. "Where's your parent or guardian?" 

"Uh, that's me," Seokjin nods. "Bang Sihyuk-hyung is back in the city..." 

"Oh, I see," the woman nods. She does a bit of admin work, and Seokjin somehow wishes he's brought Namjoon over because the kid knows more about these kinds of things than he does. She, eventually, hands him the keys to the rooms and Seokjin motions to the rest to move up to their rooms. 

******************************************************

After unpacking and settling down for a while (Seokjin almost couldn't get Yoongi to get out of bed), the group makes their way over to get their ski equipment.

"I wanna try that!" Jimin cries, pointing to a snowboard.

"Nooooo, wanna try that!" Hoseok cries, lunging for it. 

"Take. Turns," Seokjin smacks both their heads. He rents the skis, poles (he doesn't know what they're called, but that's what Namjoon calls it) and a snowboard for Jimin and Hoseok and Taehyung who seems to have taken an interest in it. 

"I wanna ride it first!" 

"Nuh-uh! I said so first!" Jimin sticks out his tongue at Taehyung. 

"have the snowboard," Seokjin says finally. "So whoever makes me mad won't get the snowboard first. So don't argue!" 

With that, Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok grow quiet, and Namjoon laughs a little at how his hyung manages to shut the three of them up. Jungkook, meanwhile, is holding onto Seokjin's hand and they're approaching the lift that'll bring them up to the snow mountain. It was more of a hill, but still an ice mountain nonetheless--at least to Yoongi.

"We're getting on that?" Hoseok looks up at Seokjin incredulously.

"Yes," Seokjin nods. He leaves Yoongi with Hoseok, Namjoon with Jimin and Taehyung ("Please, hyung, can I go with Hobi?" "No."), and he goes up with Jungkook. Jungkook wiggles his feet as he sits on the ski lift as it gets higher and higher. Seokjin deduces he must be trying to figure out how the skis work. 

Eventually they reach the top, and Seokjin and Jungkook wait for the rest to arrive.

***********************************************************************

"NOOOOOO I CAN'T DO THIS, HYUNG!" 

Yoongi wants to bury his head under his numerous scarves as his dongsaeng is hugging onto him, shaking and screaming for his life. He swears Hobi has the lung capacity of...of...

A whale.

Yup, that's it. Whales are big. Their lungs are big too, right?

"HELP HYUNG I'M GOING TO FALL!" 

"You're not going to fall," Yoongi mutters, loud enough for himself to hear, but Hoseok probably didn't hear it, because for the next one or two minutes he's still screaming while trying not to glance down at the height from the ski lift to the snow below.

By the time Yoongi and Hoseok made it up to the top of the mountain, Hoseok is a quivering mess and is still clinging onto Yoongi's arm. The elder feels like his blood circulation's being cut off, and has to drag the younger over to where Seokjin and Jungkook are, having to ask his hyung to get rid of Hoseok (in which Seokjin gives a somewhat sadistic laughter to before proceeding to help Yoongi calm his dongsaeng down).

************************************************************************

"Yah! Jimin! Tae! Get down! Don't stand!" Namjoon drags the two down by their tiny belts and holds them down so that they're sitting. Why oh why is he stuck with them of all people. He won't even mind Hoseok's squeaking and screaming if that meant he doesn't have to take care of these two. 

"Let's jump!" Jimin laughs, and almost tries to stand up again when Namjoon grabs his arm and pulls him down, forcing Jimin to sit down.

"Nononononono, you're not doing that," Namjoon hisses. He looks to his left, where Taehyung is sitting. He's giving that blank look of his again. Which probably means something. Something bad.

"Tae, you better not be thinking of--" 

"TURN UP!" Taehyung suddenly yells, loud enough for the people in front of them to turn back and see what's happening. Taehyung immediately starts belting out some Big Bang songs (which Jimin happily sings along to) and waving his arms in the air.

Well, at least it's better than them falling off a cliff...Namjoon tries to comfort himself.

When they reach the top, Jimin and Taehyung bound over to Seokjin (despite their feet being tied down to skis) and cheer excitedly when they see other people skiing.

"Hey, isn't that--?" Jimin recognizes someone, squinting at a group in the distance.

"KYUNGSOO!" Taehyung yells, running over to find his friend, almost tripping. Jungkook recognizes someone too.

"JONGIN-HYUNG" Jungkook cries, stumbling over his skis to run over to the group of friends.

The two people (Kyungsoo and Sehun) who were called turn around, searching through the white for whoever called them, and eventually, they're eyes landed on...

Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung falling over each other into a huge mess, covered with snow.

"TAE!" Kyungsoo grins, running over to the pile. Their eldest, Jun Myun (but he prefers the nickname Suho) turns at their Kyungsoo jumping into the pile of already tangled bodies.

"JINNIE!" Jongin waves frantically over to his friend. Seokjin. 

Even Namjoon and Hoseok have found friends: Chanyeol and Jongdae (It looks like Sehun isn't the maknae after all, Seokjin thinks) and Yoongi is just trailing behind. 

That is, until he catches sight of Baekhyun. The little terror that is the bully of his cohort. The two lock eyes and it's almost as if there's crackling electricity in the air. 

"Yah, stop it, Yoongi. Be nice," Seokjin mutters, smacking the back of Yoongi's head. Yoongi rubs his head and turns to face the rest, never taking his eyes off Baekhyun (and never taking that scowl off his face too). 

"Who're you?" Suho asks, stepping over to Seokjin that he's towering over the younger. Suho, as Seokjin recognizes, is that perfect prefect in the school that's everyone's role model, and he's a Year Five student, three years older than Seokjin is. Seokjin, feeling a little intimidated, stutters his answer. "U-U-Uh, S-S-Seokjin. Kim Seokjin." 

"Sorry 'bout that, hyung. He's a little awkward and shy," Jongin comes to the rescue. "But this is my best friend I was telling you about!" 

"Oh, I see," Suho shifts his weight to his other foot, arm akimbo and giving Seokjin a once-over. Jongin looks slightly nervous, but otherwise, as cheery as he usually is. 

"SUHO-HYUUUUUNNG!" A yell comes from behind Suho as a boy whom Seokjin recognizes as Yixing (in Year Three, one year above Seokjin), comes running over. 

"JIN-HYUUUUUUNG!" Jimin and Taehyung are running over with Yixing. 

"What?" Suho turns to face Yixing, who's followed closely by Jongdae and Hoseok.

"C-C-C-C-Chanyeol and N-N-Namjoon fellllll!" Hoseok cries as he grabs his hyung's arm and tries to bring him over to the side of the hill where the four six-year-olds have decided to ski without telling anybody.

Suho shoots Seokjin a look that probably says "We'll settle this later", before the two go over to the snowy hill to find their respective dongsaengs.

******************************************************

"B-But Jin-hyung isn't here," Jimin looks around, frantically for his hyung, but all he's met with his snow everywhere. Jungkook is walking surprisingly well with his skis and Kyungsoo and Minseok are with them. Taehyung has grabbed the snowboard from Seokjin when the older wasn't looking and is now bounding around happily with it. 

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" Minseok looks down at his skis and trying to figure out how to work them.

Meanwhile, Jungkook yells, "I'm going to start first!" He pushes off with those ski poles and slide smoothly down the hill. 

"Hey, no fair!" Taehyung shouts, buckling the snowboard to his feet and sliding down the hill, surprisingly well too. The two swerve left and right, almost as if they've started some race between each other and are trying to see who's going to reach the bottom of the hill first.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!" Kyungsoo screams as Jimin "accidentally" pushes him off the hill, letting Kyungsoo roll down (not ski down) the hill. By the time he ended up at the bottom, he's covered in snow from head to toe, with Taehyung and Jungkook laughing at him.

Minseok, meanwhile, skis down the hill as smoothly as Jungkook, and Jimin almost did it, somehow falling and rolling the last few meters, before crash landing in the snow. 

He pokes his head out from the pile of snow, half his body still buried in the snow. He touches the pair of feet in front of him, expecting it to be his...

"I can't feel my legs!" Jimin cries, rubbing the legs in the denim pants. "I can't feel my legs!" 

"Those are my legs," Kyungsoo pokes his head out from a pile of snow, and Taehyung and Jungkook laugh as they try to brush the snow off Jimin's real legs.

Taehyung laughs as he and Jungkook stand up, before the older falls backwards and drags the younger down with him, the two of them landing in a pile of snow.

"Uhhh...where are we?" Minseok suddenly asks the million-dollar-question.

No doubt they're lost. Jimin looks up towards the top of the hill, "Uh...we came from there..." He notices three figures standing up there, looking down, and Jimin waves excitedly. "Jin-hyung! Hobi-hyung!" 

But the figures don't even spare them a glance before they walk away. 

"They didn't see us!" Taehyung cries out in exasperation. 

"Well, we can probably climb the mountain," Minseok says, eyeing the snowy hill. "But it'll take us forever."

**********************************************************

Yoongi reluctantly follows his hyung towards where Namjoon is, when someone taps him on the back. Min Yoongi whirls around to find himself face-to-face with a smirking Baekhyun.

"You wanna race?" Baekhyun holds out his ski poles. "Down that hill, and we'll come back up. If I win, you and your bros will say I'm the greatest kid for one year." 

"If I win?" Yoongi asks, finding the idea of a race interesting. If he can get out of his hyung's sight for a few moments...

"If you win, I'll...I'll...stop bullying people for a year," Baekhyun puffs out his cheeks, looking almost like Taehyung with that expression, like a kid who's been denied a toy he wanted. 

"Forever," Yoongi says.

"Two years," Baekhyun mutters.

"Fine, two years," Yoongi says. He makes sure Suho and Seokjin have their hands full with getting Namjoon and Chanyeol out of a big pile of snow before turning to Baekhyun, and on a count of three, the two children start skiing down the hill.

Looks like Baekhyun isn't going to make things easy for Yoongi. This track is a difficult one--with many swerves and obstacles everywhere--ranging from a tree to big piles of snow. Yoongi nearly crashes once, but because of his "swag" skiing abilities (Yoongi would like to think it's not pure luck), he manages to dodge that rock just in time, before almost finding himself landing face-first in a big pile of snow. He manages to skim the edge of that pile before grinning. He's actually good at this. Beginner's luck, Namjoon would say. Yoongi puffs out his cheeks, feeling so proud of himself that he remembers an idiom from his Idioms book that he bought when he asked Namjoon to teach him English (and Namjoon had recommended that book). 

Because Min Yoongi is too busy revelling in his awesomeness, he doesn't even notice when he reaches the endpoint--the foot of the hill. He slides to a stop, laughing his head off despite being in this freezing weather. He looks around, expecting to find Baekhyun sliding down somewhere and giving him that familiar scowl of his.

But Yoongi sees nobody. No sign of Baekhyun. Yoongi suddenly notices. It's started snowing. Seriously? Snowing? Now? He has to get back up to the hill...and my, is it a long way up. He decides to begin his long journey back. Then, it starts snowing harder and harder. Yoongi sees his breath come out in thicker puffs in the cold air, and feels the cold prick at his skin.

Yoongi notices a trail of skis right in front of him, almost covered up by the still-falling snow. It's not Yoongi's. He didn't pass by this route, but the skier must be a little shaky on their first time, because the trail is wobby and it ends at a tree. When Yoongi follows the trail, he notices that it ends at a tree...

And he sees Taehyung passed out right next to the tree. 

Oh wait, it's not Taehyung. It's Baekhyun. Seriously, the two look so similar Yoongi can't tell them apart. But from the looks of it, he must have hit his head or something against the tree trunk, because as he goes nearer, he can see the bump on the other kid's head. But he can't leave Baekhyun out in this weather either. He moves over to the boy (despite being freezing cold himself) and slings one of Baekhyun's arms over his shoulder, trying to drag the unconscious boy up the hill--obviously he's hit his head somewhere--Yoongi can already see a bump forming on his forehead.

Yoongi grunts as he drags the boy up the hill, snow still falling quite heavily, and Yoongi shivers. Baekhyun will owe him so much for this--to never bully him forever and he is sure Baekhyun owes him one of Yixing-hyung's cooking that Jongin-hyung always brings over (because there's too much food in their house: the kids can't finish eating them).

 

Well, all he has to do is to make it back to his brothers, right? That way, he'll get his end of the bargain, right? 

****************************************************************

"Where's Kookie? And Yoongi-hyung? And Taehyung and Jiminie?" 

Namjoon looks around, sudenly noticing the disappearance of his dongsaengs, before Hoseok pulls on Seokjin's sleeve. "Hyung, Kookie, Taehyung, Jiminie and Yoongi-hyung are gone." 

"What?" Seokjin whirls on him, and Suho turns back towards the two.

"Gone? As in missing?" Suho looks around, finding Yixing, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun sticking close to him. "Come to think of it, I think I'm missing a few of my dongsaengs too...and Minseok."

"Minseok-hyung...and it looks like Kyungsoo...and Baekyun are missing too." 

Hoseok sniffs the air, suddenly, and turns his head towards the foot of the hill. Everyone looks at him expectantly, as he begins walking towards the hill, still sniffing. 

"Does your dongsaeng always do that?" Suho asks, as they watch Hoseok get pushed by Namjoon down the hill, screaming as he skis down, before Namjoon follows Hoseok down the hill. Jongdae and Chanyeol laugh as they ski down after Hoseok and Namjoon.

"Great...we're going to lose them again," Seokjin looks up at the sky, noticing that it's started snowing, and it's getting heavier every minute they spend there.

"Right, let's get a move on," Suho says, taking his own set of skis and heading down the hill. Seokjin, Yixing, Jongin and Sehun follow in a series of giggles and laughters and pushing-each-other-off-hills.

*********************************************************

"It's getting cold, hyung," Jungkook huddles nearer to Taehyung, shivering, but Taehyung is too excited to shiver in this cold, cold weather.

"We haven't gotten any nearer, hyung," Jimin mumbles, looking up at the white of the sky and the white of the snowy hill. It's started snowing quite a while ago, and it's getting heavier and heavier.

"Where's Suho-hyung?" Kyungsoo looks up at Minseok, who seems to be persevering quite well.

"Up on the--" Minseok starts, before a series of screeches, screams and laughter ring out from the top of the hill. He gets slammed full on as he tumbles backwards into the snow by a giggling Jongdae and Chanyeol.

"H-Hyung!" Kyungsoo stares wide-eyed at the mess of toddlers (and his hyung) on the ground.

"We found youuuuu!" Hoseok tackles Jimin and the two hit the snowy ground.

"Must be just our luck," Jongin grins as he slides to a stop, right next to Seokjin. "I mean, they could've been anywhere on this mountain but we found them here!" 

"Wait a minute..." Seokjin counts his dongsaengs. Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, Kookie...

"Baekhyun's missing," Suho observes, just as Minseok pushes the laughing duo to the ground. "And so is that green-haired brother of yours." 

"Yoongi..." Seokjin looks around.

"Why don't we split up?" Jongin suggests. "I mean, wouldn't it be easier to find them this way?" 

"I suppose," Sehun nods. "Hyung, you do the grouping." 

"Bangtan, and EXO," says Suho. "How about that?" 

"Sure, okay," Seokjin moves over to wrestle Hoseok from a whining Jimin from the ground.

And so, the two set off.

***********************************************************

Let's just say it isn't long before they find footprints. Taehyung found them first--more like sniffed them out--and led the group to a tiny cave. 

"It's Yoongi-hyung!" Jimin and Taehyung yell, tackling they're hyung who's huddled close to another figure in the darkness.

"Yah, stop being so noisy!" Yoongi snaps, shivering a little from the cold as two bodies land on him. He pushes them off him and Jungkook gets a good look at the person on the ground, curled up against Yoongi and sleeping.

Jungkook gasps, and points, as the rest of his brothers gasp along with him (save Yoongi and Seokjin, of course). 

"It's Baekhyun!" Jungkook cries.

"Hyung or ssi," Seokjin corrects. "He's older than you, Kookie--you need to use honorifics." 

"No!" Jungkook cries. "He was the one that made Yoongi-hyung cry!"

"I didn't," Yoongi retorts. Beside him, Baekhyun stirs, and Yoongi can't help but think he's taking care of a Taehyung that's his age.

"Umm?" Baekhyun sits up and rubs his eyes. 

"You're a mean person!" Jungkook points at Baekhyun. "You buwwied Yoongi-hyung, and I don't like you!" 

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! You have to use formal language! He's older than you!" Seokjin slaps the back of his dongsaeng's head.

"But hyung! He's a mean person! Baekhyun is a meanie!" 

"But he's still older than you," Seokjin mutters. Though he doesn't like the kid all that much, seeing Baekhyun suddenly hiding behind Yoongi, apparently shocked by all the verbal assault from his dongsaeng, made him change his views on the kid.

Just a little, Seokjin tells himself. A teensy, weensy, bit. Like, 1 per cent.

"Seokjinnie!" 

Seokjin turns to find Jongin running up to him, along with Sehun and the troublesome Jongdae and Chanyeol.

"Ohhh, so that's where you got to," Jongin says, coaxing Baekhyun out from behind Yoongi. The little kid pouts and puts on his defiant expression. Jongin scratches the nape of his neck (and failing horribly because of his ski gloves) and thanks the Bangtan, before heading back and muttering something about finding his eomma hyung.

Seokjin swears his hears a growl as he watches half the EXO family head off to find the other half. He looks around, half-worried that there's a bear or something in the woods. That is, until Yoongi pulls on his sleeve and says, "I'm hungry, hyung." 

"Right, let's get back to the lodge. I prepared ramyun for this trip." 

***************************************************************