Bangtan at the movies

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hihi, this is in response to kakooma and Chulliepetalss's request: what if Bangtan watches scary movies? and angelbtslover's request: what happens when Bangtan goes to the cinema? I apologize if it's not what you're looking for...

Personally, my heart's too weak to stand scary stuff (there was this one time when I was boarding at my school for my boarding programme and fnaf started spreading amongst my friends, and most of my classmates including my roommate couldn't sleep for like a month). In this episode, they're watching The Ring (because I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of this movie/know the plot to some extent or even watched it before) and it's practically the only horror movie I know the plot to (at least the big overview of it).

Btw pls don't say that there are ratings so Bangtan shouldn't be let in but bear with me for the sake of the story :D 

Hope you enjoy as usual! And sorry for the late update! Expect updates on Sunday/Wednesday (because I get to come home relatively early on Wednesday. This Friday is a special case)! 

***************************************************
"I want popcorn," Jungkook holds his hyung's hand, pointing at the giant board that displays the food sold there.

Seokjin has just bought their tickets and are waiting for the show to start along with his brothers, who are just slouched over the felt seats in the cinema...or are just running around and disturbing other people. He sighs, and buys three large boxes of popcorn to share with his brothers and seven medium-sized drinks--Pepsi, because his brothers like Pepsi. 

"Eat later," Seokjin says, as Jungkook helps him carry the drinks while Seokjin has managed to balance three large packs of popcorn and five drinks on his hands and arms.

"What're we watching?" Namjoon asks, as he sees Seokjin arriving and rushes over to help. 

"Lord of the Rings," Seokjin says. "It looks cool."

"Oh. Is it the one with the elves?" Namjoon looks a little more excited than he was a little while ago.

"Ah, here it is," Seokjin hands Namjoon their tickets after they've put down their food at their feet. Namjoon's eyebrows are furrowed as he looks at the ticket. 

"But hyung, it only says 'The Ring' here," Namjoon says, looking up at his hyung. 

"Same thing," Seokjin mutters, just wanting to settle down and relax for a while before the movie starts. He nudges Yoongi, who's bundled up in two jackets, lying beside him. "Go get Hobi, Tae and Jimin before they start causing any trouble." 

*******************************************************

"It's so cool, hyung!" Jungkook grins. "I've never been to a show-place before!" 

"It's called a cinema," Seokjin answers, settling down in their row. So, he sits at the innermost, followed by Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi. Seokjin distributes the popcorn (he's sharing with Jungkook, although he's positive that the maknae will eat practically everything) to Namjoon and Taehyung and the drinks to everyone else.

They all wait awhile, before the cinema begins to darken. 

A dark music plays in the background, making Seokjin shiver. Is Lord of the Rings supposed to be like that? The creepy music gets louder and louder, and suddenly, it stops. Seokjin's heart is still jumping as he watches the movie open in a bustling city of Japan. 

Okay, maybe it isn't that bad. He's never read or watched Lord of the Rings in his life, but Namjoon has read The Hobbit. He's not sure if that book of fantasy is to take place in a Japanese city. Seokjin wants to ask Namjoon about it, but, then again, they're sitting at opposite ends, with the maknae line in between them. Deciding to just sit back and enjoy the movie (though he can't say much about the whispering of the couple behind them), Seokjin stuffs a handful of popcorn into his mouth as two men start talking.

As the movie progresses, Seokjin starts getting creeped out, but as he glances over to his brothers, he finds Jungkook staring intently at the screen, Jimin closing his eyes and hugging the maknae, Taehyung also having his eyes fixed on the screen, with Namjoon, and Hoseok is also concentrated on the screen, both hands grabbed onto Namjoon's and Taehyung's arms, looking very scared. Yoongi just looks bored.

It isn't until the ghost appears that Seokjin feels the need to cover his eyes and cram more popcorn into his mouth. The way she walks gives off an eerie vibe, which Seokjin doesn't like. This is clearly not Lord of the Rings. He'd gotten them into some horror movie that they're not getting out of. Instead of looking at the screen, Seokjin turns his attention to his dongsaengs.

Jungkook is just staring at the screen, not even flinching or anything; looking as if he actually, truly enjoys watching it. Hoseok is on the way to hyperventilating, clutching Namjoon's arm for dear life. Namjoon, like Jungkook, is focused on the movie. Yoongi has long since dozed off (considering the atmosphere, Seokjin is amazed). Taehyung is looking a little scared, but he continues watching anyway. Jimin is just hugging Jungkook (the younger doesn't seem to mind) and closing his eyes.

Seokjin doesn't know how many minutes has passed since he last started focusing on his dongsaengs rather than the movie, he hears a scream and, caught by surprise, screams along with the movie. Really, he'd rather hightail it out of here than stay here another second. Seokjin excuses himself to go to the toilet, in which Jungkook replies as "Okay, hyung."

Being the nice hyung he is, Seokjin offers Hoseok and Jimin a chance to get out of here, in which they take it with no hesitation. 

****************************************************************

"Thanks, hyung," Hoseok downs a big glass of water they bought from the stall outside. Jimin looks relieved also. 

"I was scared too," Seokjin says. "But we have to go back sooner or later. Or else the rest of them will be wondering where we went." 

"But hyung, I don't wanna go back!" Jimin clutches Seokjin's waist. "I don't wanna go back!" 

"Okay, we'll stay out here for a while longer," Seokjin says, wondering how the rest of his dongsaengs are doing back in the theatre.

*****************************************************************

"Hyung, what's that?" Jungkook asks, pointing to the screen. 

"N-No! I don't wanna see!" Taehyung covers his eyes, turning away from the screen. 

"Yah! Be quiet!" Namjoon scolds them, but is still watching the movie. "And Kookie, that's the ghost." 

"Oh, really? She's really pretty," Jungkook looks at his hyung, confused.

"Mmm?" Yoongi wakes up, stretching a little, before he looks towards the screen and screams in Namjoon's year, yelling, "Get me away from here! What is that?!" 

There is a shushing sound, and Yoongi looks back at the screen, before flinching when there is a jumpscare. He doesn't look that scared anymore, but he starts talking nonstop into Namjoons' ear, probably as a way to calm himself down.

"See, I knew that was going to happen," Yoongi says, smirking at his awesomeness at surviving that jumpscare when it sends Taehyung into a series of screams. "I totally knew it. I knew it was going to happen!" 

"Yeah, yeah, right, hyung," Namjoon mutters. Jungkook looks at his quarrelling hyungs from his side of the seats. Namjoon is staring intently at the screen...perhaps to figure out what's going to happen next? To try to find out why the screen is rectangular? Jungkook can't tell.

There's another jumpscare, and the entire body of audience starts screaming. Jungkook just finds it amusing. Why is it that a woman with such a pretty face and stuff drawn onto her face makes everyone scream? 

"Noooooooooooooo!! Kookie! I don't wanna ghost ta get me!" Taehyung cries, hugging onto Jungkook even more tightly. Jungkook will ask his hyung later why he's so scared.

"But it's just a lady, hyung," Jungkook tries to explain, but then again, his hyung is weird. Jungkook tries to crane his neck to try to find Seokjin-hyung or Jimin-hyung or Hobi-hyung so that Taehyung doesn't have to keep hugging him. 

Maybe the ghost has gotten to them? 

Jungkook looks worried as he climbs over his seat, nearly spilling the big bag of popcorns that Seokjin has entrusted him with. 

"Sit down, Jeon Jungkook!" Yoongi yells, managing to get his message across despite the screaming of the audience.

Jungkook sticks his tongue out a Yoongi, and turns to look around for his hyungs, finally finding Seokjin taking Hoseok and Jimin by their hands and leading them down the steps of the dark theatre, settling themselves in their seats again, Hoseok and Jimin with their hands over their eyes, still not daring to look at the screen. Taehyung has finally let go of Jungkook and he and Jimin are now hugging each other as if for dear life, screaming into each other's faces whenever the ghost pops up on the screen. 

Jungkook just stares at them bemusedly, until he sees his eldest hyung covering his own eyes. A big idea forms in his tiny head.

"YAH!" Jungkook yells, tapping Seokjin's shoulder hard.

Seokjin jumps and yells, "Nonononononono!!!!! Don't hurt me!!!" He turns around to see who had played that prank on him, when he sees Jungkook grinning, teeth white as ever. 

"I scared hyung!" Jungkook cries happily, as the ghost appears on the screen again, sending Jimin, Taehyung, Seokjin, Yoongi and Hoseok screaming their lungs out. Only Jungkook and Namjoon are still staring at the screen, Jungkook transfixed at the face on the screen. 

After a few more minutes of screaming fits, the five of them calm down as the movie winds down into its ending and is done. Seokjin watches the credits roll with a lot of relief as he crashes back into his seat, back sore after sitting straight for so long. At his feet are three overturned boxes of popcorn and two spilt Pepsi. 

The lights come on soon after the credits appear and he finds Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin cuddled up to each other, still whimpering and scared. Jungkook and Namjoon are grinning stupidly, and Yoongi looks like he's just gone through a tornado, with his hair tousled and clothes ruffled. Seokjin realizes he himself probably doesn't look so good either.

"Yah!" Jungkook jumps onto the huddled group with Namjoon, the two grinning cheeky grins as they tackle their hyungs/dongsaengs, and watch as the three hug each other even tighter, screaming, "Yaaaaaaaaaahhh! The ghost is here!" 

"The movie has ended," Namjoon taps Hoseok's temple. 

"Hyung, I wanna watch something like this again!" Jungkook grins at Seokjin.

"No, hyung! I don't wanna watch it again!" Hoseok looks panic-stricken. 

"I'll...see," Seokjin mutters, though he swears to himself he's never watching a horror movie again.

***************************************************************

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!" Taehyung screams, covering his eyes and hiding in his blanket as Jungkook laughs along with Namjoon. Seokjin manages to rent some horror movies such as Rigor Mortis, Occulus and Annabelle from the DVD store down the corner, though the guy at the counter gives him a raise of his eyebrow. 

Right now, the movie playing in the DVD player is Corpse Party: Live Action Movie, and Jungkook and Namjoon are just laughing at the graphics and how fake they are, though to Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung, they aren't fake at all. They scream again as a ghost screams, and bury themselves further into their blankets.

Seokjin hears Hoseok screech another time from his room on the second level. It had taken Seokjin about a month to sleep well again. Jimin finds out he likes scary things, but he can't stand them...but he watches them anyway. Hoseok, meanwhile, has been forced by his dongsaengs to watch the movies, just to see his reaction.

Seokjin swears he's glad that it's Saturday, because Hoseok and Jimin will be keeping him up all night. Jungkook will be sleeping soundly, and so will Namjoon. As for Yoongi...Seokjin hears the younger's snores. He probably fell asleep writing lyrics or something or other that Yoongi always does. 

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!" Another scream comes from the living room and Seokjin sighs, realizing he's probably never going to get a wink of sleep tonight.

*****************************************************************