Bangtan at the Aquarium

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Sorry I've been so inactive! Idk what to write anymore haha if you've any ideas PLS THROW IT OUT!!

Quick Question: Did you go to an aquarium before? If so, how was your first time?

Also, any suggestions on where to go in Seoul? I'm going there during winter though...

Enjoy!

************************************************************

"Ooh!" Jimin screams as he throws himself onto the bed in the hotel room. They've just arrived in Busan for a short holiday in the middle of autumn. Jungkook follows suit and bounces on the bed, screaming and laughing as Jimin starts tickling him. Seokjin sighs as he drags the luggage to the side of the room while Taehyung joins the two on the bed. Namjoon just dumps his bag in a corner and hogs the red armchair, immediately flipping the book open to read it. Meanwhile, Yoongi takes the sofa bed, throwing himself on it and plugging his ears with earphones, beginning to sleep immediately. Hoseok screams as he enters the room, even leaving his bag outside and joining the playful maknaes.

Seokjin tries to get rid of the growing headache as he rubs at his temple. First, he nearly misplaced all seven train tickets (technically, he passed them to Hoseok for a second before he finds them all on the floor, flying away in the wind), second, they almost boarded the wrong train ("It wasn't the wrong train, I swear!" Hoseok cries. "What part of Gwangju can you not read?" Yoongi huffs.), and third, they almost lost their way in Busan.

"We're going to the beach later," Seokjin calls, wanting to get a rest from his brothers for a moment. "Get yourselves ready!"

He slumps down on the other bed and falls into a light nap.

**************************************************************

At least he's shaken awake by Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Hyung! Let's go to the beach!" Jungkook squeals, armed with his spade and Taehyung with a bucket. Seokjin blinks, wondering when they had packed those stuff in. They had never really been big on packing. Especially Taehyung.

They all look ready to go, and so they all go. Seokjin yawns as he leads them all down to the beach.

*************************************************************

Well, Seokjin wouldn't say the white sands are the highlight, but rather, the aquarium. They had spent the entire morning playing in the sand, before they went to a nearby seafood restaurant to eat. It was really good, and the aquarium had caught the eye of all of them, so they went.

Jimin squeaks, grinning and wide-eyed at the colourful fishes as he presses his face flush against the glass, watching as a fish swims by. Seokjin watches as the other six run over to the tanks, and Taehyung and Namjoon are even attempting to talk to the fish. Even Yoongi's eyes light up when he sees the array of species of fish swimming about, darting in and out of corals and seashell decoration sprinkled in the "seafloor" bed.

Seokjin settles himself down on a bench beside the tanks, watching as a giant crab walks from behind him and he closes his eyes for a second. When he opens them again, he nearly jumps out of his skin when he realizes that the six of them are gone! He groans, rubbing his eyes now. Leave them alone for a second and they'd run off.

Seokjin gets up from his comfortable seat, and he checks the watch. Wait, what? It's four-thirty in the afternoon? The aquarium will close in thirty minutes! And they came here at two-thirty! How did two hours pass so fast?

He figures he must have fallen asleep sometime during the two hours and...they've all run off without him. He hisses as he begins to scour the aquarium, starting with the first exhibit.

**************************************************************

Two hours earlier...

"Hey, Jin-hyung's asleep," Namjoon watches as Seokjin has his head lolled to the side, mouth open.

"Let's go look at more fishes," Jimin points to another hallway, leading to more tanks and exhibiits, and even promising their giant manta ray. Without a second thought, the six of them nod in agreement and head off, completely forgetting about Seokjin in that one moment. Out of sight, out of mind, they say.

Jungkook and Jimin make their way down to the exhibit, "ooh"ing as they watch a manta ray swim by, its long tail dragging behind it in the water, looking as elegant as ever as it swims. The three of them get bored after a while, and they run over to the next exhibit, which is of seahorses and sea dragons.

Namjoon and Yoongi trail behind, a little too tired to catch up to their brothers, who are just little bundles of energy. Annoying and energetic. Namjoon is totally engrossed in his book and Yoongi in his music, and it isn't until the people almost clear out before they notice something really off.

The sound of familiar laughter and squeals have disappeared, replaced by the chatters of random aquarium-goers. Yoongi notices it first, and he looks around, throwing glances in a degree of three-sixty. Great. The maknaes are gone. He nudges Namjoon's shoulder, who still has his nose stuck in the pages of a book. 

"Yah, they're gone," Yoongi stabs at his stomach and Namjoon almost yelps. He surveys the room and realizes that the maknaes are indeed gone.

"We have to go find them," Namjoon agrees, and Yoongi shivers, wondering how Seokjin will react. Normally, their hyung would sleep for two hours during a nap. They've just got to find the maknaes in that time. Yoongi takes Namjoon's hand and the two of them head off deeper into the aquarium.

***********************************************************

"Here!" Jimin cries, screaming as he points to a jellyfish. The coloured lights shining into the exhibit changes colour every few seconds, from red to blue to yellow and pink and back to red again.

"The jellyfish's changing colour!" Taehyung screams, catching the attention of some other kids, and Hoseok, Jungkook and Jimin gather around the display, grinning all while pointing to the jellyfish. Jimin literally jumps when a sudden bell signals over the loudspeaker an announcement.

"Good afternoon everyone! The shark feeding is taking place in five minutes at the Shark Exhibit. See you there!" The bell goes off again and Jungkook squeals.

"IT'S A SHARK!" he cries, grabbing at Hoseok's hands. "Hyung! Can we go?! Pleasepleaseplease?!" Taehyung and Jimin grab onto their hyung's arms, and beg him to bring them there too. Of course, what kind of hyung is Hoseok if he refuses his dongsaengs? The four of them set off towards the Shark Exhibit, and it's really not hard to locate, since most of the younger kids are going there anyways.

When they reach, they see a giant shark plastered to the glass and Hoseok screams, shrinking away from the exhibit.

"I-I don't think I w-wanna g-g-go there anymore..." his voice trails off into a whisper as Jimin grabs his arm.

"Don't be such a scaredy-cat, hyung!" Jimin and Taehyung, with combined effort, managed to pull Hoseok nearer and nearer the shark. Hoseok lets out a shaky breath as the shark decides to head off into the water, probably sensing something. There is a lady dressed in the aquarium uniform standing with a walkie-talkie and a loudspeaker in front of the glass, waiting for people to show up.

All the kids gathered are chattering and talking excitedly about the feeding of the shark and Hoseok gulps, not exactly wanting to see that shark again. It was scary, he decides, and it'll remain that way.

"Hi! Welcome to Busan Aquarium!" the lady smiles, and most of the children wave back in response. "Right now, you can see our divers getting ready to feed the sharks." She gestures towards the glass and the children, inclusive of the three maknaes, rush forward, trying to get a glimpse of the shark. 

As if in response, the shark swims back, along with three other friends. Jungkook looks up and sees two people, dressed fully in diving gear, with bags of fishes in their hands. The weird thing was, Jungkook finds, that the divers are in cages, even as they throw the fish. All the kids are fascinated by the sharks' hungry gobbling of the fish.

"I wanna feed the sharks too!" Jimin cries, looking up at the noona in the uniform.

"It's d-dangerous, Jimin-ah!" Hoseok calls, still holding onto a fearless Jungkook.

"I'm sorry, but we don't allow kids to feed them. Like your brother has said. It's really dangerous," the noon bends down so that she's eye-level with Jimin. "You can just watch, okay?"

Jimin pouts, and nods as he obediently watches the sharks eat the fish. After they've finished, the divers head back up to the water's surface, and the feeding is over. The sharks swim away from the glass, and the kids disperse.

"Hey, there's a kiddy pool there!" Jungkook points to a sign.

"I wonder what's that!" Taehyung runs towards the direction of the pool, pulling Hoseok and Jungkook along with them.

*****************************************************

"Are they ther--whoa!" Namjoon gives a girly shriek as he comes face to face with a Spider Crab, grabbing onto Yoongi as if his life depended on it.

"It's just a crab, Namjoon," Yoongi mutters, unamused as he shoves his dongsaeng away.

"B-But it's huge!" Namjoon whines, and Yoongi pulls him along. They walk by exhibits of various crabs, until they reach another exhibit of sharks. Unfortunately, they've just missed the feeding session, which was about ten minutes ago. The next feeding is in an hour. 

"Maybe they passed through here," Namjoon says, pointing at a Manatee exhibit.

"Maybe," Yoongi shrugs, and the two of them head down to the Manatee exhibit, thinking that the kids might be there. If not, they could always try the kiddy pool and the exotic fish exhibit. 

The manatees are huge and they look nothing like anything Yoongi has seen before. Namjoon starts spouting out science facts about the manatee from that big book he's holding and Yoongi tries ot block him out. He approaches a noona in uniform standing near the exhibit.

"Excuse me, have you seen four children around my age running around here?"

She thinks for a while, before answering, "Not really. Do we need to inform security? Are they lost?"

"No need...it's okay," Yoongi shakes his head. They've got an hour and a half left to search for the maknaes. Seems like they're not at the manatee exhibit either. Yoongi sighs as he leads Namjoon to their next stop. Just as he's searching for the kid, and fearing that he might have lost Namjoon too, he sees Namjoon pressing his face against the glass, book dropped onto the ground, and he's having a staring contest with a manatee.

It quickly loses interest in Namjoon and swims away, and Namjoon waves a small goodbye to the manatee before picking up his book and following Yoongi towards the Exotic Fish exhibit.

****************************************************************

"Ooh! Starfish!" Jungkook touches the starfish. It doesn't move, and Taehyung begins to poke at it.

Jimin is having fun with a sea cucumber, and Hoseok screams every time he accidentally touches a stingray. Jimin likes how slimy the sea cucumber is, and Taehyung and Jungkook are having fun poking at the starfish.

"Hey, there's fish here!" Jimin cries, moving over to another pool to touch the fish.

"Eewwww! Don't take the fish out!" Jimin cries as Jungkook touches him while holding the starfish in his hands.

"Look, hyung! A star!"

Hoseok feels like slapping his forehead and putting the starfish back for Yoongi, but the sight of its tentacles makes him shudder and keep his hands to himself.

After playing a while more, the four of them see a sign for the gift shop, and Jimin decides that that will be where they'll go next.

**************************************************************

"They're gone!" Yoongi cries, looking around the exhibit.

"Or they probably weren't there in the first place," Namjoon remarks snarkily. "Hey, there's the sign to the Children's Pool. Think they'd be there?"

"Probably," Yoongi sighs, as he drags Namjoon off to the Children's Pool, but there is no sign of them. They were either here or they might have left.

"Okay, what are we going to do now? We've basically explored the entire aquarium and come up with nothing!" Yoongi hisses, and Namjoon looks around him, as if searching for an answer on the walls. He sees a sign and points to it. 

"They might be at the gift shop. That's something we haven't checked yet," Namjoon grabs Yoongi's arm. "Let's go and check it out!" Yoongi sighs again, and allows himself to be dragged by Namjoon down to the gift shop. As they enter, there is a buzzing sound, annoucning their entrance.

Yoongi breathes a giant sigh of relief when someone runs up to him and he crashes onto the ground, the person clinging onto him for dear life.

"HYUUUUNG TAE'S HOLDING A SPIDER!" Hoseok screams as he points at Taehyung with...an octopus toy. Yoongi mentally slaps his forehead as he walks over to Taehyung, Hoseok hiding behind Yoongi and he takes the toy from Taehyung's hands, putting it back to the shelf.

"Where's Jimin and Kookie?" Namjoon asks Hoseok, and Hoseok points in the direction of the candy aisle...

"JEON JUNGKOOK! PARK JIMIN!" Yoongi screeches as he runs over and snatches the two M&M containers from their tiny hands, and shoves it back onto the shelf. Well, it's kind of bad that they've already eaten half the chocolate inside. Yoongi groans as he pretends not to have seen anything, hoping to leave without anyone noticing that two boys have eaten, when added together, one whole pack of M&Ms.

"Right, where were all of you?!" Yoongi bellows at them outside the shop, attracting the attention of some people who are entering.

Unlike Jin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung doesn't seem as scary, Jungkook decides as he gives his hyung a cheeky grin. Yoongi throws his hands in the air, absolutely done as he leaves it to Namjoon to lead all of them back to Seokjin while he takes Jungkook and Jimin to clean their hands and mouths of all possible evidence.

He finds Seokjin awake and glaring at those who were there, all of them looking petrified.

"Ah, Yoongi...WHY IN THE WORLD WERE YOU GONE?!" Seokjin screams as Yoongi stands rooted to the spot, legs unable to move. He hates seeing his hyung angry since that means he won't get any chocolate chip cookies.

Seokjin slaps his forehead. "Do you know how dangerous it is to run off alone?!"

"Uh...yeah," Yoongi nods, feeling guilty all of a sudden. Wait a minute...he ran off to find them, they should be the guilty ones!

After explaining the entire wild goose chase, Seokjin sits back down on the bench and he rubs at his temple. "Right, so I'm to believe that Hobi, Jimin, Tae and Kookie ran off and you and Joonie had to go find them."

Yoongi nods.

"Okay...fine...whatever," Seokjin's back hits the wall. He's actually secretly glad. At least he doesn't have to go around looking for them. Yoongi breathes a sigh of relief as Seokjin takes them out of the aquarium and back to the hotel.

Well, he's getting his chocolate chip cookie tonight.