Bangtan at christmas

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

"Santa doesn't exist," Yoongi argues.

"No, Santa's the one who comes every year and gives us pwesents!" Jimin sticks his tongue out at his hyung. He takes the book about Christmas he's been reading. "See! Santa exists!" 

"But that's a book!" Yoongi refuses to give in. "A book saying about Santa doesn't mean Santa exists!" 

Seokjin can barely stand the two of them arguing outside as he buries himself in his game machine. His character, Mario, has managed to evade a few of the brown enemy things and is finally reaching Bowser Castle to save Princess Peach! He grins to himself. This is the new console that he's asked for last year Christmas and he's finishing the game already after one year. But his situation is looking bad. He's left with one life with no green mushrooms in sight and he's not anywhere near the save point. No!! He's not going to give up when he's halfway through the game!

"HYUNG!" 

"Noooooooooo!" Seokjin's Mario gets hit by the brown enemy things and it shows a GAME OVER screen. Seokjin glares at the person who came through the door screaming for him...and finds a crying Jimin.

"What happened?" Seokjin switches his machine off. He'll beat the stage next time.

"Y-Yoongi-hyung said that Santa doesn't exist!" Jimin climbs into bed next to Seokjin, covering himself with the blankets.

"Who puts the presents at the bottom of the Christmas tree, then?" Seokjin asks.

"Yoongi-hyung said that it's Bang Sihyuk-hyung that puts all the presents there," Jimin says.

"If you want to catch the real Santa, do you want to stay up tonight to catch Santa?" 

Jimin nods, tear-filled eyes drying already.

"There's a good boy," Seokjin grins. "Do you want me to read that book for you?" He gestures towards the book that Jimin is holding. Jimin hands the book over to Seokjin. Seokjin begins reading the book, and halfway through, he hears a knock on the door. He looks towards the door to find Jungkook sniffing and holding his stuffed bunny.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" Seokjin asks, putting the book on the bedside table and letting the already-struggling-to-keep-awake Jimin sleep.

"I wanna listen to Santa too," Jungkook runs over to the side of Seokjin's bed and throws himself onto it, the jerking movement, waking up Jimin. Jimin scrunches his nose and goes back to sleep, snuggling into Seokjin's side. 

"Okay," Seokjin says. He continues reading the book and Jungkook listens attentively. 

"Why does Santa put the presents under the Christmas tree?" Jungkook asks suddenly. "Why not under our beds or on our tables?" 

"Because Santa likes the Christmas tree," Seokjin says. "He doesn't want to wake us up so he doesn't put it on our beds, because Santa is kind."

"Oh, okay," Jungkook nods. "I wanna be kind like Santa."

By the time Seokjin finishes the story, Jungkook is already curled up at his side, sleeping away, bunny stuffed toy clutched in his tiny fingers. Seokjin looks at the clock: 6:50 pm. He's got to make dinner soon. Luckily Bang Sihyuk-hyung helped him by a turkey the other day and...well...Bang Sihyuk-hyung is coming to help him cook today.

Suddenly, Namjoon walks in, "Um, hyung, there's someone knocking on the door." 

It must be Bang Sihyuk-hyung, Seokjin gets up from the bed, careful not to wake up the sleeping Jungkook and Jimin. Namjoon follows Seokjin out to the door and Seokjin opens it, and just as he expects, Bang Sihyuk-hyung is standing outside.

"May I come in?" 

"Uh, yeah," Seokjin bows, and gestures to the kitchen, where Bang Sihyuk-hyung puts the turkey on the counter. 

"I'm going to start cooking," Bang Sihyuk-hyung says. "Do you want to help?" 

"Yeah!" Namjoon grins. Seokjin nods also.

"Okay, then the two of you, you can help with that..." 

The trio gets to work immediately. 

*********************************************************

"Hyung~!" 

Yoongi looks up, annoyed to find Hoseok tugging at his shirt.

"Play with me!" He holds up his figurines--Christmas edition that he asked for Christmas last year. There's a Santa, an elf, a reindeer, a sled and...a large workshop. It looks more like a dollhouse set than just figurines.

And Yoongi has a thing for dollhouses. He puts his notepad down and nod. Hoseok beams, grinning and yelling, "Yay! Yoongi-hyung's going to play with me!" Of course, not that no one heard that...

"Yoongi-hyung's going to play?" There's someone at the door. Taehyung peeks out from behind the door to the hyungs' room. "I-I wanna play too!" 

"Okay, you can be the elf," says Hoseok, handing Taehyung the elf.

"I wanna be Santa!" Taehyung reaches for the Santa Claus figurine, which Hoseok holds up high, higher than Taehyung can reach. "Yoongi-hyung! Hoseok-hyung is buwwying me!" 

"Tae, that's Hoseok's figurines--he gets to choose," says Yoongi, sighing. He himself opens up Santa's workshop and it looks exactly like a dollhouse, except it's Christmas-themed. Taehyung pouts and places the elf in the workshop.

"That's Santa's throne--the elf can't sit there," Hoseok takes the elf and puts it at the bottom level of the workshop. Taehyung looks confused. 

Never mind, Yoongi thinks to himself as he fixes the reindeer's reins to the shed and he starts moving the reindeer around, the shed following after the reindeer. 

"That's Santa's sled," says Hoseok. 

"Yeah, I know," Yoongi looks a little annoyed. 

Taehyung, meanwhile, looking very bored, says, "I want toys like this too!" 

"But these are mine," Hoseok says, looking protectively at his toys.

"You can ask for them for Christmas," Yoongi suggests. 

"Then Santa will get them for me?" 

"Only if you've been good." 

"Good?" 

"Don't run around with Jimin, don't mess things up in the house, do whatever you're told," Yoongi says, continuing to move the reindeer around, fascinated by the sled. "Most of all, don't cry." 

"Okay," Taehyung nods. 

"Boys!" 

"That's Bang Sihyuk-hyung calling--let's go!" Hoseok says, tugging on Yoongi's arm. Yoongi nods, and says, "Come on, Tae." 

Taehyung then follows his hyungs down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Where's Jimin and Jungkook?" 

"They're sleeping," Seokjin answers. "I'll go call them." With that, he walks up to call the toddlers.

"Why did you ask us to come here, hyung?" Yoongi asks.

"Do you want Santa to give you something? You need to write a note so Santa knows what to get you," says Bang Sihyuk-hyung. He hands each of the boys a piece of paper. "When you're done, give it to me, but you can only have up to three gifts!" 

"Okay!" The children run off to the next room--the room with the Christmas tree, and begin writing their gifts. By the time the seven boys are all down in the living room, Namjoon and Taehyung have already finished writing theirs and have already given to Bang Sihyuk.

Namjoon: 

1) New notepad
2) 3DS
3) Gyakuten Saiban 3

Taehyung:

1) Santa figurines (like Hobi-hyung)
2) Cookies
3) Paint

All the boys finish writing and pass to Bang Sihyuk, who reads through the notes. He passes them back to the boys. "You have to stick this onto the tree, so Santa knows this is what you want." 

Seokjin: 

1) Super Mario Bros.
2) Super Paper Mario
3) Mario figurine set (in Nintendo store down the road we always walk from school)

Hoseok: 

1) Mickey Mouse figurine
2) Super Man Mickey Mouse figurine
3) Iron Man Mickey Mouse figurine

Jungkook: 

1) Iron Man
2) Super Man
3) Batman

Yoongi: 

1) New notepad
2) 3DS
3) Resident Evil

Jimin: 

1) New slide
2) New swing
3) New sandbox

The children hang the papers on the tree excitedly, wondering whether their wishes are actually going to come true.

Seokjin glances at the clock: already nearing 8pm. It's time for dinner.

"Bye, Bang Sihyuk-hyung!" Seokjin calls as Bang Sihyuk leaves. The others chorus in a 'goodbye' as they rush to the kitchen upon smelling food, only Taehyung trailing behind.

"Why aren't you running, Taehyung?" Seokjin asks.

"Because Yoongi-hyung said that Santa will only give pwesents to people who are good, and he said I cannot mess things up. If I wun, then I'll mess things up, so I don't wanna," Taehyung says, walking with Seokjin.

"Okay, then you don't need to run," Seokjin says, holding onto Taehyung's hand and leading him to his seat beside Hoseok and Jimin. Taehyung eats his food quietly, only giving small responses to whatever Jimin's doing with his food. 

"Taehyung's actually behaving," Yoongi nods towards the younger boy, who's staring down at his plate and eating his turkey. He can't believe that Taehyung's actually being good. For once.

After dinner, the boys are pooped. Jungkook actually fell asleep and Seokjin had to carry him up to his bedroom. He tucks Jungkook into bed and Yoongi comes up holding Taehyung and Jimin's hands, Jimin yawning and barely able to keep his eyes open, but Taehyung still has his big eyes looking up at Seokjin. "Do you really think Santa Claus exists?" 

"Yeah," Seokjin says. "Otherwise, who'd put presents under the tree?" 

"Oh, okay," Taehyung yawns and he and Jimin climb into their beds. Seokjin turns the lights off and closes the door. Meanwhile, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok are just staring at Seokjin with big eyes.

"What?" Seokjin asks.

"Santa doesn't exist," Yoongi says as a matter-of-factly.

"Nuh-uh, Santa exists!" Hoseok turns on Yoongi. All three of them look at Seokjin. "Hyung, does Santa exist?" 

"Uh..." Seokjin can't really tell them that Santa doesn't exist, but then again, they're five and six year olds. 

"Do you want to stay up to catch Santa?" 

"Yeah!" Namjoon and Hoseok grin, but Yoongi looks bored.

"If you want, you can go and sleep first," Seokjin says to Yoongi, but Yoongi shakes his head, smiling. "I dunno." Looks like Yoongi believes in Santa too after all.

*********************************************

"There's Santa!" Namjoon squeals from his place on the second floor. The four children peer downwards to see a plump man in a red coat and a red hat with a sack of presents. He begins laying them at the base of the tree. 

"SANTA!" Hoseok screams as he runs down the stairs, nearly tripping on the way down, followed by Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Santa" jumps as he turns towards three boys who tackle him to the ground.

"Bang Sihyuk-hyung?" Yoongi looks at "Santa"'s face.

"Aren't you boys supposed to be asleep?" Bang Sihyuk looks embarrassed.

"Hyung said we can stay up to catch the real Santa," Namjoon says, and Hoseok and Yoongi both nod, all three of them pointing at Seokjin. 

Bang Sihyuk chuckles, "I can't very well have you boys up and awake at this time. Come on, now. Go to sleep. You'll get your presents in the morning. If you don't sleep, I, Santa Claus, will know and you won't get your presents." 

"Okay," the three boys run up to their bedroom enthusiastically. 

"You're really something, Seokjin," Bang Sihyuk says. "How do you even take care of these boys?" 

"I dunno," Seokjin says. "I'm really...something? I dunno...what that means." 

"Never mind," Bang Sihyuk ruffles his hair. "Go get some sleep." 

Seokjin nods, and runs back up to his bedroom.

*******************************************

As surprising as it is, it's Jungkook who's up the earliest, screaming into Jimin and Taehyung's ears. 

"HYUNG! IT'S SNOWING!"

"Snow!" Jimin cries, jumping up from his bed and practically sliding down the ladder as he climbs down from the bunk bed. "Tae! Let's go! Snow!"

"Okay," Taehyung flips back the covers and gets up, running to the hyungs' room with the other two maknaes.

"HYUNG! IT'S SNOWING!" The three of them pile onto Seokjin's bed, effectively waking up their hyung. 

Seokjin opens his eyes to find three big eyes looking at him.

"Hyung, we wanna play in the snow," Jungkook says.

"Can we?" The three of them chrous.

"You need to wear jackets and coats," Seokjin smiles at their cute faces as the maknaes get off him for him to get up. Seokjin walk over to their rooms and open the closet, finding three matching jackets and coats for the boys. He carefully dresses them up in their coats and he lets the kids loose in the backyard. He meanwhile, wakes up the rest of the dongsaengs one by one and get them to put on their coats before playing outside.

The seven of them then happily rush out to play with the maknaes.

"Snowball fight!" Jungkook's snowball manages to hit Namjoon across the face.

"You're so going to get it!" Namjoon hurls a snowball at Jungkook but the little one hides behind his fortress, laughing and squealing.

"Hyung! Look at that!" Hoseok looks at where Taehyung is pointing to.

"Where?" 

A snowball hits him on the cheek.

"HYUNG! TAEHYUNG TRICKED ME!" Hoseok points at Taehyung, tears gathering in his eyes.

Then again, Hoseok has been a bit of a crybaby. Seokjin throws a snowball at the laughing Taehyung, managing to get Taehyung's hat off. Taehyung falls back on the snow, laughing and spreading his arms wide.

"See, hyung got Taehyung for you," Seokjin grins, and manages to get a smile out of Hoseok. Giggling, Hoseok runs over to Taehyung and falls on the snow beside him, spreading his arms and legs.

"See, snow angels!" Taehyung and Hoseok get up from the snowy ground.

Seokjin grins at the other six children running around in the snow.

Christmas is always special, isn't it?

********************************************************

A/N: The Christmas scenario that I promised! Actually a Halloween one popped into my head after I finished this but never mind. Hope you like it! (Phew, longest one I've ever written for this fic so far...) Oh, and for those people who wonder how Yoongi knows of Resident Evil, I've known it since six years old too (I watched my cousin play) so yeah...Yoongi's not too young!