*Happy Father's Day: Hobeom-hyung and Bang PD-hyung!

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hihi! Dedicated to Bang PD and Hobeom (and to all the fathers out there:)) omg my chapters r getting shorter and shorter but that's bc im not used to writing on my hand phone.

Quick question: What would you do for your fathers on Father's Day?

Anyways, enjoy!

****************************

"Quick!" Jimin cries, running over (and almost tripping over some streamers that Namjoon is trying to untangle himself from), and almost popping a bright red balloon in the process, chubby fingers barely keeping a firm hold on the balloon as Seokjin snatches the balloon from him and quickly ties the balloon as he passes them on to Jimin, who runs over to Yoongi tying balloons along the banister of the stairs, before running back to Taehyung to get another blown-up balloon. 

Honestly, Seokjin has to rotate between tying balloons and cooking the bulgogi they're going to be eating later, and he's trying to keep the beef from burning as he helps Jimin tie balloon after balloon. 

Seokjin grins at his own present for the two of them. For Hobeom, a cup (that says "No. 1 Dad!"), and for Bang PD, a box of his favourite tea leaves. He's helped Namjoon and the maknae line to wrap their presents, and had to help untangle Hoseok from the tape. Yoongi is the only other person who could wrap his present without any troubke. 

They're not going to be here for another two hours, and that gives Seokjin enough time to whip up their next dish, mackerel pike that Jungkook likes a lot (and Yoongi likes it because the bones can be eaten). 

He samples the seaweed soup that he has made and cringes as he realizes he's added too much water (it's so diluted now) and Seokjin rushes to save the soup. 

"HYUNG! THIS ONE TOO!" Jimin tugs on Seokjin's shirt as the nine-year-old bends down to help him tie the blue balloon, and Jimin rushes off. 

Hoseok is supposed to be on a lookout for the two of them, so right now he's in charge of putting up a banner with the words "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!" on the front of the house. 

Well, Seokjin hears a crashing sound and a sudden bout of crying, so he yells for Yoongi to go outside and help his dongsaeng, hoping Hoseok didn't break a bone or something. 

Yoongi heads out grudgingly, finding a crying Hoseok. Other than an already forming bruise that's definitely going to purple his arm for a long, long while, Yoongi finds that Hoseok isn't exactly injured. 

Yoongi helps his dongsaeng into the house, Yoongi finds the first aid box for some lotion that might soothe the pain, and he heads out, finding Hoseok already laughing to Namjoon jumping around with the streamers still tangled around his body, bruised arm totally forgotten. 

At least Namjoon keeps Hoseok occupied as Yoongi wraps a bandage dipped with the ointment on Hoseok's arm.

"YOONGI-HYUNG!!" Yoongi looks back to see Jimin yelling with a bunch of balloons waiting to be put up. 

"Hyung, hyung, the streamers are do--NAMJOON-HYUNG WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Jungkook appears from the bathroom and bursts into laughter at Namjoon who managed to get a streamer off his arm. 

"Yah Jungkookie stop laughing and help me!" Namjoon yells back, as a still-hysterically-laughing Jungkook rushes over to help him. 

"Jimin-ah!" Taehyung calls, another balloon done, and Jimin goes over to bring it to Seokjin-hyung. 

After Namjoon is untangled from the streamers, Jungkook helps to put them up, winding the streamers along the banister. 

Yoongi finally moves to put up the balloons, watching as Hoseok stands up again and heads outside, and he swears he hears a "YES!" coming from the outside, which is probably Hoseok managing to put up the banner. 

Yoongi glances over at the clock. One more hour to six...and one more hour to dinner. 

Yoongi watches as Seokjin appears from the kitchen. 

"I made kimbap, seaweed soup, octopus, mackerel pike and bulgogi tonight," Seokjin says, accepting a tissue from Yoongi (because Seokjin looked like he is going to pass out from sweating so much). "And I bought bibimbap." 

"Oh," Yoongi can already feel his mouth watering. 

"Hyung! Hyung! I did it!" Hoseok runs into the house, grinning his usual million watt smile. "I put up the banner!"

"Good job," Seokjin says, eyeing the floor filled with torn pieces of wrapping paper from failed attempts at gift-wrapping and there are crayons and markers and pieces of red paper on the ground (from that one time Namjoon wanted to make a red heart-shaped card and it resulted in a cut finger(no, it's not the scissors. It was a paper cut)). "Can you help clear the floor, please?"

Beaming, Hoseok yells an "OKAY!" and proceeds to pick up all the litter from the ground, dumping them into the nearest trash bin. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung has finished blowing his last balloon and hands it over to Jimin, looking red in the face. Jimin hands the balloon over for Seokjin to tie it, and then passes it on to Yoongi to put it up. 

"Done!" Seokjin looks at the state of the house. It really doesn't look all that bad for a first attempt. Well, except for the fact that there's glitter all over the door (the maknae line decided that it would've been a great idea to write "SARANGHAE BANG PD HYUNG AND HOBEOM HYUNG!" on the door but the words aren't even recognizable). 

Seokjin spares another look at the clock. Thirty more minutes. With Jimin's help, Seokjin brings the food over to the table and await their arrival, with Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook bringing the presents down from the hyung's bedroom as per Seokjin's orders to the coffee table. 

Fifteen more minutes. 

Five more minutes. Seokjin gets everyone to hide near the door and switch off all the lights. 

Three...

Two...

"Why's it dar--" 

"SURPRISE!" the Bangtan jumps out at them, and the shocked looks on Bang PD and Hobeom's faces are priceless. 

"What is this? I thought it's just a simple dinner," Hobeom laughs, petting Taehyung who's clinging onto his leg and refusing to let go. 

"It's a Fathers' Day present, hyungs!" Jungkook exclaims proudly. The maknaes pulled at Hobeom and Bang PD's hands with their teeny ones over to the dining table and sits them down. 

"That smells good," Bang PD looks at the food on the table, breathing in the heavenly scent. Ah, Hobeom has trained Seokjin well in the culinary arts. 

"Yep! Because Jin-hyung cooked it!" Hoseok grins. 

They all tuck into the food after wishing their "father"s a Happy Fathers' Day, the two commenting on the greatness of Seokjin's dishes and Namjoon proudly announcing they've got presents for them. 

After dinner, the boys pull the two over to the couch, where the presents are laid out all over the coffee table. Jungkook and Jimin grab their own presents and try to get their hyungs to open theirs first.

"He should open mine first!" 

"No! Mine first!" 

After a while, Taehyung decides to join in the screaming and yelling, and Seokjin and Yoongi have to tear the three apart. 

In the end, the maknae line's gifts are opened first, mostly cards by Jungkook and Jimin, and Jungkook has gotten a teddy bear and a pen for his two hyungs, and Jimin has a (very undersized) jacket for Bang PD and a plasticine sculpture of a giraffe he made himself. 

Taehyung's gift is a bunch of paper roses he made himself and a jar of paper stars he's folded. 

Namjoon's presents are a diary and a complete encyclopaedia of everything. Yoongi has gotten Bang PD a set of headphones and a piggy bank for Hobeom, saying it looks like him. Seokjin beams as he sees his presents for the two being unwrapped. 

"Thank you so much!" the give their seven children a hug. 

"No problemo!" Jungkook grins, remembering a phrase he learned from Namjoon. 

"You're welcome!" Hoseok cries, laughing as they break away from the hug. 

"It's almost bedtime, kiddos," Hobeom says, smiling. "Time to go to bed." 

"Bedtime kiss?" Jungkook points to his cheek. 

They all line up in one straight line (after pushing and shoving) and allow both of them to give a kiss on each cheek. 

"Right, we'll be staying here for the night, hmm? It's getting pretty late out there." 

"Okay!" The seven head on over to brush their teeth, before settling into their beds. 

"Bedtime story, hyung!" Jungkook shoves a book into Hobeom's hands. 

"Hyung's tired, Jungkook," Yoongi chides. "You don't need a bedtime story!"

Hobeom laughs. "It's okay. What kind of dad would I be if I don't read my kids a bedtime story?"

With that, Jungkook sticks his tongue out at Yoongi and laughs, bringing Hobeom over to his side of the bed. 

Well, this is the first and best Fathers' Day they've ever had.