*Jin special: A Day in the Life of Kim Seokjin

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

This is actually a request by jjkpop in real life haha anyways, here's the request: what's kid!Jin's day like? This is for jjkpop's birthday which was a long long looooong time ago and I haven't gotten her anything so here!

Quick Question: How old were you when you were allowed to stay home by yourself? Was there chaos?

Hehe enjoy! I'll probably be doing this sort of chapters for the hyung line! Here's a really blurry pic im so sorry when i transfer over from my phone it became blurry

QBtfC0RZM9P_YF6cwI7YCGyJav81gMSmjSuUdObc

**********************************************************

7:00am...

"Hyuuuung! Hyuuuuung!"

Seokjin groans as he's forced to get out of bed, and he sees a Jung Hoseok bouncing up and down on his chest. Hoseok looks at him with those big eyes. "Hyung, I'm hungry. Jiminnie's hungry. Kookie's hungry."

Seokjin knows what that means. He yawns, managing to persuade Hoseok to get off him so he can get up (and breathe) and Seokjin walks down to the kitchen to get food. He heads on down to the kitchen, preparing the kids' favorite sandwiches (he works well under pressure, especially with Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok watching him prepare the food)...

Seokjin walks up to his room, fully awake now, and about to enjoy his day off from school. He'd just found out yesterday, that it's Study Day for third graders to sixth graders since they're having examinations the next day. Yoongi and Hoseok had complained yesterday night, and Namjoon had said he was glad he didn't have examinations.

"Namjoon, get up! It's time for school!" Seokjin calls. "Help me call Yoongi too!"

"But Yoongi-hyung's mean when he wakes up, hyuuuuung!" comes the reply from the hyungs' bedroom.

"Just tell him Seokjin-hyung won't give him food if he doesn't wake up," Seokjin calls back, as he himself has to head to the maknaes' bedorom to deal with the other sleeping one.

******************************************************************

8:00am...

"Bye, hyung!" Jungkook calls, and Seokjin leans down to give him a peck on the forehead, followed by Jimin and Taehyung, before moving on to bring Namjoon and Hoseok to school (considering Yoongi seems to like to walk to school with Baekhyun anyways).

"Bye, hyung!" Namjoon calls as Seokjin responds with a kiss to Hoseok's forehead when the younger pesters him ("Why do Kookie, Tae and Jimin get a kiss but not me?"). Namjoon waves a goodbye, as Hoseok runs over to catch up with him, although they're in different classes.

"Bye!" Seokjin calls, before heading home from school (he thought he wouldn't have had to step within two meters of the school gates).

But well, Seokjin'd probably spend the rest of the day studying...or playing Mario.

******************************************************

9:00am...

Seokjin is hard at work, with a headband that reads some Chinese characters: Bi Sheng*, and he swears he's had enough of math and penmanship. Deciding that he probably needs a break, Seokjin heads down to the kitchen to grab a packet of milk, downing it in up to three, four gulps before throwing it into the trash bin and hoping Jimin won't notice one packet of his favorite chocolate milk is gone.

Seokjin notes his phone buzzing with Kakaotalk messages, and is quite tempted to look at it.

But of course, Seokjin is a very good child, and thus decides he won't check...

Or not.

Seokjin picks up his phone and checks it. Messages from Jongin and Hyosang, another friend he'd made when Seokjin was lonely and sitting alone for lunch (since Jongin was sick that day) and Hyosang, being the new kid, came and sat right next to him. Since then, they were the best of friends...with Jongin, of course.

Whatcha doing? comes Jongin's message in the group chat they have.

Ntg, Hyosang's reply is short and sweet.

Studying, Seokjin types back.

Liar, Jongin's reply comes in less than five seconds. U wouldnt be typing back a reply if ur studying

Whatever

guys cut it out

suho-omma is coming i gtg ttyl!!!

With that, Jongin is offline, leaving Hyosang and Seokjin in the same group chat, and Seokjin puts his phone down, finally deciding to start on English...one of his weakest subjects.

If only Namjoon was here...

***************************************************************

11:00am...

Seokjin slams down his pen, finally deciding to give up studying and rest. He's been studying for two hours already, and with Jongin's constant messaging, it's impossible to study.

"That's it, I'm gonna order from that pizza place," Seokjin tries to remember the number to the pizza place near their house, before giving up when his memory fails him and he walks there instead.

The pizza place is buzzing with people, and he is almost knocked down by one of the staff carrying a box containing piping hot pizza.

"Uh, hi," Seokjin looks up at the pizza guy at the counter, who doesn't seem to hear him or see him.

"I said next!" the pizza guy calls out, and Seokjin jumps.

"I'm! Right! Here!"

The pizza guy blinks once, then says, "I didn't know you were there. What do you want?"

"Errr...two cheese and two chicken," Seokjin places his order, before the pizza guys says the routine: "Coming right up." Seokjin waits a little impatiently (considering he can smell the pizza the other customers are having.

After receiving his pizza, Seokjin walks home, humming a happy tune with the pizza dangling from a bag on his arm.

*************************************************************

12:00pm...

Seokjin decides it's finally time to eat the pizza. He touches the cardboard box, and thankfully, it's still hot. He picks up a slice (before nearly dropping it because it's too hot) and tries to eat it, getting the cheese all over his face.

How do people eat these things?

Seokjin groans as he tries to bite into the thing, trying not to have the chicken splatter on his face while he eats (of course, being the food guru he is, he succeeds).

Seokjin doesn't take long to finish the whole chicken pizza, saving the other chicken and the cheese one for his brothers for their after-dinner snack (which they have always looked forward to. Seokjin wonders if he's letting his brothers eat too much).

Seokjin nearly drops the pizza boxes as he tries to stack them up and place them on the countertop (of course, being the master of the kitchen, he succeeds).

Seokjin glances at the clock. Well, it's time to get on over to the grocery market to buy ingredients for dinner later.

*******************************************************************

1:00pm...

Seokjin dumps the grocery bags at the foot of the couch. He's supposed to be studying today. It's called Study Day for a reason, but he's so busy he...urghhhh!

Seokjin drags the grocery bags to the kitchen, stuffing the meat into the fridge, letting the fish thaw in a basin of water and he shoves the veggies into another compartment in the fridge. He digs out the tub of ice-cream that he bought--strawberry-flavour, and puts it into the fridge also.

Seokjin slumps down at his computer. He's got an e-learning revision package for math that he should probably start doing, and he boots up the computer. He smiles as he sees the faces of his brothers that he's set as his background pop up on the screen, and he clicks on the browser.

Seokjin must've fallen asleep sometime while doing a timed quiz, because he sees a "Time's Up!" on the screen when he opens his eyes and his score of 49/100 for the test pops up. Seokjin shoots up immediately. He must've fallen asleep around the...well, forty-ninth question or so...

That means he's better in math than he thought he was.

Seokjin grins as he clicks on the red "REATTEMPT" on the screen, and it leads him to the screen again. He already has the first forty-nine answers noted down, and he proceeds to continue doing the fiftieth question.

He's going to ace math...and he'd probably look at some Mario stuff while he's on the computer.

********************************************************

4:00pm...

Seokjin's in the kitchen, making cold noodles for the entire Bangtan family. They'll be back in a short while, so he'd better be prepared. Just another hour now...

He stirs the soup with the metal ladle, sometimes tasting the soup and hoping it's to their liking. Well, Namjoon has said that it tastes  better than Bang PD's cooking any day.

Seokjin tastes the soup again, satisfied this time, and covers up the pot with the lid and switches the fire off. He decides that he needs to put on a jacket--the weather's chilly out there--and he prepares to head on over to the kindergarten to pick them up. Four thirty. He'd better get going.

Well, not everything goes according to plan anyways. Seokjin, on the way up to get his jacket, trips over one of the toy cars that Jimin has left on the stairs, landing heavily on the stairs, and he almost rips one of Taehyung's stuffed toys searching for his jacket, before trying to remember where he put it, finally deciding that he left it in the toilet. Seokjin looks around in the toilet, squatting down and trying to look through the cupboards, before coming to a dull realization that it's not there, and Seokjin groans. He hits his head on the sink (the cupboard is right below the sink) and Seokjin hisses as he stands up, rubbing the top of his head.

Seokjin walks down the stairs, actually slipping on a sock that Hoseok left there, and he falls flat on his buttock.

"Fine, I don't need a jacket!" Seokjin huffs, fed up with the hunt for his jacket, and as he approaches the door, realizes the jacket is hanging by the doorknob the entire time. Seokjin, practically growling under his breath, puts on his jacket. He takes about thirty seconds to a minute to manage to button everything, and that's when he realizes he's worn it inside out and he's buttoned it all wrong, that Seokjin has to take it out again and wear it the other way round, buttoning it correctly, and he walks outside into the chilly weather.

Seokjin cringes as the cold air hits his face. Why oh why must Korea be so far north and not nearer the Equator? Well, he'd probably complain about it being too hot if he lived in a tropical country anyways.

Clutching his jacket tighter to himself, Seokjin makes his way to the kid's school, noting that it's already four fifty-five and that he'd better hurry.

*****************************************************

5:00pm...

Seokjin is jumped by Jungkook and Taehyung, who are excited to show him what they've done for the day. Seokjin lands heavily on his back, attempting to get the both of them off him before Jimin jumps on the top of them, pinning Seokjin down even more.

"See, hyung! We made paintings!" Taehyung cries, grinning as he shoves his painting into Seokjin's face.

"Mine's better than hyung's, Jin-hyung!" Jungkook cries, snatching Jimin's painting and showing it to Seokjin, "See!!" He holds the two paintings side by side, and Seokjin is going to be cross-eyed if Jungkook keeps doing that.

"L-Lemme get off first," Seokjin grunts as the three of them clamber off of him. Seokjin brushes dirt off his nice, pink jacket, and Seokjin swears he's losing his dignity piece by piece as people stare when they walk by him. He has to admit, though, that Jungkook's painting is definitely the better one.

"Let's go get Namjoon and Hoseok...and Yoongi," Seokjin mutters, heading towards the elementary school that he himself's studying at, and it reminds him of his examinations tomorrow.

Namjoon isn't as cheerful and playful as Hoseok, especially when the latter jumps Seokjin also, grinning from ear to ear. He holds up some permission slip that Seokjin has to remember to get Bang PD to sign. It's some form for...the dance club? At first year?

"One of the Year Two seniors said he was a natural," Namjoon shrugs before Seokjin even opens his mouth. "All that girl group dancing must've paid off."

"But these are for the tryouts only," Seokjin says.

"Yeah, but I wanna try, hyung!" Hoseok's eyes are sparkling.

"Alright, alright," Seokjin nods. You're so free anyways. He himself is in the drama club, and Yoongi's in the basketball club. Hakyeon is also in drama, and Taekwoon, Yoongi's other friend, is in the glee club. Hoseok should probably seize this chance while he still has it...and time.

"Oh, and hyung, I wanna join the library club!" Namjoon holds up a form, and Seokjin recognizes it at first glance. It's the form for the choosing of their clubs. Has half a year just passed?

"You need three choices though," Seokjin says. "In case you don't get into library club." The library club's just a simple book club, though, but Namjoon seems interested enough. "You need to put a sport and a performing arts too."

"Oh," Namjoon looks down at the form, before looking back up at his hyung. "What did Yoongi-hyung put?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Seokjin nods over at Yoongi, who's just walking out of the school gates with Hakyeon and Baekhyun and Taekwoon.

"Hyung!" Hoseok waves enthusiastically, as Yoongi throws him a glare, much to Hakyeon's amusement.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Hakyeon grins. "I've got to get to the preschool. Sanghyuk's still there, with Hongbin and Wonsik."

"Bye!" Yoongi calls, before leaving Baekhyun at the school gates to wait for Junmyeon to come and fetch him. Baekhyun waves a small goodbye, before Yoongi turns to join his brothers.

"Hyung! What did you put as your top three club choices?" Namjoon immediately launches his question.

"Basketball, Glee and Science Club," Yoongi says, uninterested.

"Science club? There's a Science Club?" Namjoon grins.

"Why not?" Yoongi mumbles, when they finally reach their house and the aroma of soup is in the air.

"Right, go bathe and I'll prepare dinner."

******************************************************************

6:00pm...

Although Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon are old enough to bathe by themselves, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook still refuse to bathe by themselves, and by that, Seokjin means both bathing without Seokjin's help and bathing alone. That's right--the three maknaes sitll bathe together in the same bathtub.

Bathing the maknaes every day is an adventure in itself. Today, Taehyung kicked his head accidentally, Seokjin got splashed in the face by Jimin, and one of Jungkook's rubber duckies flew out of the bathtub (how that happened, Seokjin doesn't know), and hit Seokjin on his forehead.

"Alright..." Seokjin is out of breath, sitting on the lid of the toilet. "You can get out now. One by one! Or else you'll slip!" 

"Okay!" Taehyung gets out first, jumping out of the bathtub and almost slipping, thankfully caught by Seokjin, before the latter reprimands him about getting out too fast...

Meanwhile, Jimin is the polar opposite of Taehyung, taking forever to get out of the bathtub, making sure his feet land on the anit-slip mat, before making sure his next foot lands nicely on the mat, before letting go of the bathtub. Seokjin is sure that Jimin's knuckles have turned white.

Jungkook is the good kid that doesn't get out too fast or too slow, and he doesn't slip at all, letting Seokjin wipe him with a towel nicely, before dressing him.

Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok are waiting for their turn in the bathroom, and the maknaes head down to the kitchen to...smell the food there.

"No eating until your hyungs finished bathing!" Seokjin says, swiping at Jimin's hand when he tries to reach for the chopsticks.

And so the four of them are waiting in agony for the three of them who are still up there bathing.

***********************************************************

7:00pm...

"Hyuuung! Tae stole my chopsticks!"

Jimin's crying again, and it's all because Taehyung wants to try eating with four chopsticks...

"Hyung! Namjoonie stole my soup!" Hoseok complains.

"Tae, return the chopsticks to Jimin. Namjoon, don't steal Hoseok's soup," Seokjin mumbles. He's used to this. No matter how many times he yells at his dongsaengs, they never listen to him...except probably Yoongi and Jungkook and occassionally, Namjoon.

They eat in (almost) total silence for a few minutes (less than five) before Jungkook whines about Jimin trying to poke him under the table with his feet.

"Jimin, stop poking Jungkook."

"But hyung, he's so squishy and cute!" Jimin cries, reaching out to pinch Jungkook's cheeks, and the youngest looks like he's on the verge of crying.

"Jimin, Kookie's going to cry. Stop poking him," Seokjin mutters, reaching out to pull Jimin back from Jungkook.

"But Kookie's cute!" Jimin pouts.

"But you don't want Jungkook to poke your cheeks until you can't eat, right?" Seokjin shoots back.

"Oh...okay," Jimin nods, continuing to eat his noodles.

Well, every day is an adventure for Seokjin.

******************************************************************

8:00pm...

"Stop dancing Up and Down, Hoseok! I still need to get Bang PD-hyung to sign the form!" "Jimin! Jungkook doesn't like getting hugged!" "Namjoon, put down that book and help me with this!" "Yoongi! No! Tae! YOONGI'S THERE!" 

"Whoa, chill, hyung," Namjoon walks over, big book still held tightly in his arm. "What's wrong?"

"I need help with English," Seokjin groans, looking at his worksheet and showing it to Namjoon.

"Oh, it reads...'We are playing with the ball'," Namjoon says, and continues tutoring Seokjin in the arts of the English Language. Yoongi, meanwhile, has gotten tackled by Taehyung, and is yelling at him to get off of him. Jimin still refuses to let go of Jungkook, and the younger is trapped helplessly in Jimin's embrace. Hoseok switched from dancing Up and Down to dancing Catanella, and Seokjin swears he wants to face-palm.

"Hyung, concentrate!" Namjoon says, jabbing a finger at the worksheet.

"Okay, fine!" Seokjin will deal with them all later.

*********************************************************************

9:00pm...

"Go to sleep," Seokjin plants a kiss on Jungkook's forehead, as he helps pull the covers over Jungkook. Jimin and Taehyung are also waiting, with their eyes wide open, for their own kisses. Seokjin does just that, before tucking the two 95-liners into bed. He heads on over back to the hyung's room, and finds Yoongi fast asleep with his earphones plugged into his ears.

"Yoongi, I'm going to put your iPod on the table," Seokjin looks over at Yoongi's sleepy face, who's definitely disgruntled at having been woken up. He hums a groggy response, before Seokjin tucks him into bed and he moves onto Namjoon, reminding him it's time for bed, and getting him to stop reading.

Meanwhile, Hoseok's passed out on the bed...or so Seokjin'd like to think. Hoseok seems to be dancing in his sleep. Seokjin has to get a video of this! One day. One day when he's not too tired and Hoseok's asleep earlier than he is. Hoseok seems to be dancing Touch My Body, from the limited knowledge in the deep recesses of Seokjin's mind anyway.

Seokjin slides under his own blanket as he turns to his side, clutching onto his Mushroom stuffed toy and closing his eyes, finally asleep.

*******************************************************

Bonus:

Meanwhile...

Jongin: Heeeeeelp! hyosaaaang! jin ya! --22:15
Jongin: I need help with the math! I made suho-omma mad and he wont help me anymore! --22:15

Jongin: Someone! heres the question! --22:16
Jongin: --22:16

Jongin: Heeelp i really cant do math and i need help with korean also!! xiumin hyung dont wanna help me --22:17
Jongin: Hello!! anyone!! :< --23:01
Jongin: Im so screwed for all the tests screw them all --23:23