*Kidnapped!

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hihi the chapters are getting shorter haha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM TAEHYUNG!! 

*************************************************************

It was one fine day in the story of Bangtan's lives, shopping at Myeongdong ("We all need to get out of the house," Seokjin decides), when it happens. Taehyung just strays a little too far from the group. Seokjin and the other hyungs just notice it a little too late.

"What do we do now?" Jimin asks, seeming at a loss of what to do. 

Seokjin wishes he has an answer to that question. Taehyung is confirmed to be kidnapped, especially since the ice cream that he had been eating has dropped onto the ground when the group had turned back to find Taehyung (only to realize he's gone) and has long since melted into an icky, blue puddle on the ground, the only evidence of the ice cream the ice-cream stick lying drenched in the middle of the bluish puddle.

"We have to call Bang PD-hyung," Seokjin says. He prays that Bang PD-hyung can just swing some wand, utter some magical incantations, just like in the fairy tales, and poof! Taehyung will be right back beside them. Then again, the ice cream can't mean anything too, right? Just a red herring leading them to believe Taehyung's kidnapping. What if he just wandered off and has found his way home, happening to be waiting outside the door for his brothers to return?

Seokjin waits, tapping his foot impatiently for Bang PD to pick up the phone. He does, eventually, mumbling a frantic "Hello?" into the phone. He must be busy at the moment.

"Hyung? There's something I'd like to tell you..." Seokjin relates the entire incident to Bang PD-hyung, who hasn't said a single word until the former has finished his story.

"I will have to call the police," Bang PD-hyung says, his voice surprisingly calm. "They'll send out a search team for Taehyung."

A search team? Seokjin really hopes it's the magic they've all been praying for.

"Meanwhile, the rest of you will have to go home, I'm afraid, and wait for further notice."

Relaying Bang PD's message to the other five boys, the group trudges back home, with no further incidents.

*************************************************************

Taehyung wakes up in a big, dirty room. It looks like one of those fantasy dungeons of TV shows he's always watched. There are moss growing on the walls, and cockroaches skittering about on the tiled floor. He stands up, and rubs at his eyes. Last he remembered, he was eating his mint flavoured ice cream, and somehow, he remembers slipping and falling (on a banana peel, no less). 

"Hello?" he calls. Other than a lone window on the wall, there appears to be nothing else of interest in the room. He takes one step forward, and immediately hears a crunch. Frightened out of his wits, Taehyung lets out an ear-piercing shriek and leaps at least ten feet into the air. When he lands, he peers down at whatever he's stepped on with trembling limbs.

It's a lizard's flopping, flattened tail. The lizard itself is long gone. Relieved that he didn't cause the untimely death of some creature (Taehyung's a big fan of animals), Taehyung continues onwards. He tries the window, pushing against the dirt-stained glass a couple of times. It doesn't budge.

Taehyung heads on over to the door at the other end of the room. He jiggles the knob a few times. Doesn't open either.

But the moment he trudges back to the center of the room, the door swings open. With a blank expression, Taehyung watches as a masked someone walks in. He places a food tray at the door, and is about to leave when he find something heavy attached to his legs.

A pair of small arms wrapped around his leg, refusing to let him move even an inch.

"Where's Jin-hyung?" he asks. "And Namjoon-hyung and Hoseokkie-hyung and--"

"I don't know," the man answers simply, trying to shake Taehyung off.

"How can you not know? You brought me here!" Taehyung cries.

The man growls, but Taehyung isn't intimidated one bit. "Tell me or you'll have to buy me burgers."

"Annoying brat..." the man hisses. "Let go of me!"

"No!"

"What the h*ll's going on here?" The door opens and another masked man steps in.

"Yah!" At the same time, Taehyung opens his mouth and chomps down on the guy's leg. "Get offa me!" But Taehyung isn't letting go.

"Notsch unchil you ai ee urgers!" Taehyung exclaims, opening his mouth and bites down again. ("Not until you buy me burgers!") 

"W-What is this kid? Don't tell me we kidnapped some changeling!"

"He's not a changeling! There's no such thing!" The other man grabs hold of Taehyung and tries to pry him from his iron-tight grip. "Get yer head out of the clouds!"

"Givesch ee urgers!" Taehyung refuses to let go, and he's amazingly strong for a six-year-old. Well, he's not letting go until they tell him where Jin-hyung's at, or buy him burgers...or let him watch Pororo or something. 

"Fine! Fine! I'll buy you the burgers!" the man raises his hands in defeat. Taehyung narrows his eyes and points to the other man, the one whom he isn't biting.

"I'm gonna bite this bad man until you buy me burgers!" he orders.

"W-What? Now, listen, young man, we're not going to get you burgers until you let go of me!" the one struggling cries out, tripping over something and toppling onto the ground. "Yeow yeow yeow!" 

"Hello?" Man No. 2 speaks into the phone. "Yes, we'll have...what burger do you want, kid?"

"Cheesh," Taehyung replies.

"One cheeseburger, one fish fillet and one pack of nuggets," he says. "Twenty, yeah." With that, he puts down the phone. "Happy now, boy?"

Taehyung tries his best to give them the Jin-hyung glare. (He's always been intimidated by that glare. That glare either means no cookies or ice cream for the entire week or washing the dishes.)

Luckily for Man No. 1, the MacDonald's comes quickly, and soon, Taehyung is presented with a cheeseburger in front of him.

"I wanna watch Pororo," he says.

"No, kid. You've gotten your burger already," Man No. 1 says, unwrapping his fish burger. "Eat it and be happy."

"NO!" Taehyung yells, launching himself at Man No. 2 and grabbing onto his arm. He screams in Man No. 2's ear. "I WANNA WATCH PORORO!"

"Owowow! Keep it down, you rascal!" he tries to cover his ears, but Taehyung bites down on his fingers, eliciting another yelp from Man No. 2. Man No. 1 scrambles to help, but is whacked by Man No. 2's flailing limbs. Both of them tumble to the ground, huffing and panting.

"Alright! Fine! Fine! You'll get your Pororo!"

***********************************************************

"I wonder how Tae-hyung is doing," Jungkook pouts. "Jin-hyung, why can't the police work faster?"

"Because they also don't know where Taehyungie is," Seokjin says, sighing. It's nearly nine at night, and he can't bring himself to sleep, and apparently, neither can Jeongguk and Jimin. Hoseok and Namjoon are sound asleep, but Seokjin knows that Yoongi is still awake from the faint rap that can be heard from inside the hyung's room.

The phone suddenly rings. Seokjin scrambles to pick it up.

Expecting to hear Bang PD-hyung's voice on the other end, Seokjin's completely taken by shock when he hears another man's deep, rumbling voice.

"Hello? Is this the house of Kim Taehyung?"

"U-Uh, yes? He's not at home--"

"I know," the voice continues, though a little too evil-sounding to be scary. There's laughter at the other end, and Seokjin immediately feels dread. "It's because we have him!"

"W-What?" Seokjin beckons Jungkook near, and he presses the record button on the telephone. "Release him!"

"And what will you give me in exchange for--yeowwwwwww!"

Seokjin has to hold the phone a centimeter or two from his ear as the shriek nearly blasts his ears off.

"S-Stop that!" the man's voice comes from the other end, as if yelling at something. There's a burst of static and a younger, much younger voice comes from the other end.

"Jin-hyung? Hello? I'm with these very funny men and they gave me burgers and Pororo...but I want to go home. Maybe we can ask them to be our servants or something." That voice is unmistakably Taehyung's.

"Taehyung, do you know where you're at?"

"Dunno. One of the men mentioned something about..."

He gives them a description of the place, and Seokjin nods. "Okay, we'll be right there."

"Okie dokie! Take your time!"

With that, the phone line goes dead.

**************************************************************

"Horsie! You're a better horsie than Hoseok-hyung!"

"Tell me again...how I've been...reduced to a horse!" Man No. 1 says, panting, and Taehyung slaps his back.

"Horsies don't talk!" he cries out. "No talking!"

With a sigh, Man No. 1 continues babysitting Taehyung. Taehyung is having fun, obviously, while Man No. 1 is breaking his back. Man No. 2 is sitting down, currently absorbed in some violent and vulgar movie that Taehyung has absolutely no interest in.

Taehyung then hears a crash, and he turns his head in the direction of the sound. It's too loud to be coming from the television. Where on earth could it have come from? The door suddenly opens and police storm into the room, batons raised at the two men.

"Freeze!"

The two men freeze, and Taehyung crawls off Man No. 1.

"Hi! Is Jin-hyung there?" Taehyung asks, raising a hand in greeting. The two men, however, raising their hands in surrender.

"It's alright, kiddo, you're safe," the policeman nearest Taehyung says, ushering him out of the room. "Your guardian's waiting outside."

"Jungkookie...Namjoonie-hyung...where's Jin-hyung...oh, Bang PD-hyung!" Taehyung runs out towards Bang PD, who's waiting outside with some other members of the police.

"Are you okay, Tae?" Bang PD asks, and Taehyung nods, yawning a little.

"Sleepy," he says. "But the burger was nice."

******************************************************************

The door opens, and Seokjin is shaken from his sleep. With shock, he realizes he's drooled and attempts to wipe the table with his hand, before reaching for some towelettes nearby and wiping up the mess. He now faces the door, and finds Bang PD-hyung standing there with a familiar figure.

"Taetae!" he cries, running over to his dongsaeng to give him a hug. "Ewww! You stink!"

"You stink too, hyung," Taehyung pouts and sticks out his tongue.

"Yah, you don't talk like that to your hyung! Come on, let's go let you have a bath." 

"Sleepy," Taehyung says, yawning agains as he's led up to the bathroom by Seokjin.

When he rolls around in that soft bed of his that night, he can't believe how lucky he is to be living here, instead of off the streets.