Bangtan baking

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi im so sorry I havent been posting :( I'm in boarding rn and its super tiring so sorry...

In response to Caramel_lover369's request: maknae line vs hyung line fighting and end in cuddles (im rlly sorry if its not what u want its more like seokjin vs bangtan)

Quick Question: Have you ever tried baking? This is based on a true story where my friends mistook salt for sugar and dumped the whole pack in :) 

**********************************************************************

It's one fine Saturday when Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin follow Kim Seokjin to the supermarket to get groceries and they return with a box of baking dough for cookies...and muffins. 

"No wonder I felt I was definitely over-charged," Seokjin throws his wallet onto the kitchen counter after bringing the grocery bags into the kitchen. 

Jimin looks over at Taehyung, grinning. At the moment, Namjoon is trying to entertain Jungkook, while Hoseok is trying to pull Yoongi out of bed. The latter obviously doesn't want to get out of his comfy blankets as he grunts and tries to shove Hoseok away. 

"WE'RE GONNA BAKE!" Taehyung yells, standing at the front door with Jimin holding onto the boxes tightly. 

Jungkook shoots up from his seat on the couch, "Bake?" He turns to Namjoon for a definition...or translation, but Namjoon is grinning from ear to ear when he sees the boxes in Jimin's hands.

"Whoa, what'cha gonna make?" Namjoon asks, eyes twinkling as Jungkook follows behind him, a little pouty that Namjoon has ignored him.

"Cookies! And muffins!" Taehyung grins as wide as Namjoon is.

"Okay! Let's go!"

**********************************************

"Hyuuung! Can we bakeeeeee?!" Jimin and Taehyung whine as Seokjin shoots them a stern look, saying something like, "No one's going to mess up my kitchen! I just wiped the fridge sparkling clean!"

"But hyung, you never let us do anything fun in the kitchen!" Jimin protests.

"Yeah, hyung, we're growing kids," Namjoon tries to reason. "Baking is a life skill."

"Life skill, whatever skill," Seokjin points a finger at them. "You're all going to mess up my kitchen!" 

"Then you can stay with us, hyung!" Taehyung blinks his beady eyes at Seokjin. "Then we won't mess up anything!"

Seokjin bites his lip for a while, before finally giving in, "Fine, do whatever you want."

"Yay!" The four of them watches as Seokjin sits at the dining table, head resting on his elbows propped up against the table. Just then, two people walk into the kitchen, Yoongi and Hoseok. When Jimin grins and yells that Seokjin-hyung's finally letting them do something fun, Hoseok decides that he wants to join in when Jungkook tips the entire box of baking dough out, along with the bag of chocolate chips, as Namjoon drags Yoongi over to the cupboards to find the weighing scales and beakers and everything.

"Okay!" Jimin lays out all the cookie baking things on the table. "Let's start."

********************************************************

"600 grams..." Namjoon pouts at the weighing machine...and at Jimin, who's looking at him with those puppy-dog eyes. "It's 600 grams, Jimin, not 60 grams. You need to add ten times more."

"Hyung! It says 200 degrees celsius here," Jungkook holds up the box, instructions on the back. "Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius...what does 'pre-heat' mean?"

Taehyung glances over at the oven. The oven's preheating at 300 degrees celsius, and Taehyung isn't sure whether that should be happening. He turns it down, and Jungkook peers over his shoulder. "I think that's right."

"Then we crack some eggs," Hoseok looks over at Yoongi for a demonstration as Yoongi cracks the egg flawlessly, except that one piece of eggshell that fell into the bowl. Hoseok slams the egg against the bowl and the whole thing cracks, the egg white and yolk spilling out and onto the counter, some splattering on Yoongi's face and the latter gives Hoseok an unamused look before ordering a sheepish Hoseok to clean it up.

Meanwhile, Seokjin's fallen asleep (from boredom) and is snoring slightly as his mouth falls open in an awkward gawk (he looks hilarious with his eyes closed, and Jungkook has run up to the bedroom to get the camera for Yoongi to take a picture).

"Okay, let's pour the egg in!" Namjoon grabs the bowl that Yoongi and Hoseok were cracking the eggs into (they managed to get four eggs done. The more the merrier, Hoseok had said) and he dumps the entire bowl into the flour.

"Is that sugar?" Jungkook looks over at two bags of white, powdery things.

"I don't know," Taehyung reaches for both of them and pick them up, dumping both bags into the batter. "Well, it doesn't matter."

"Yah!" Jimin screeches as he trips over nothing and falls flat on his face, pulling Namjoon down with him and the bag of flour, his tiny hands trying to grab a hold of anything he can (and Namjoon is just an unlucky kid). The both of them fall down and the bag of flour tumbles over Namjoon, the latter becoming white all over.

Hoseok howls in laughter as he points at Namjoon, the younger pouting and looking as if he's going to cry. Jimin, being the kind boy he is, tries to help Namjoon, dragging the bag of flour off him, but Namjoon can tell he's trying to hold back his laughter as well. Meanwhile, Yoongi looks over, bored at Namjoon and Taehyung grabs some flour off the floor.

"Food fight!" he yells, making a flourball (you know, like a snowball) and hurls it at Yoongi, who yelps and gives Taehyung the evil eye, before running over and shaping a ball out of the flour, throwing it at Taehyung. Namjoon, who has forgotten about his earlier humiliation, decides to join in the fight, laughing and throwing flourballs at Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok and whoever he can get his hands on.

It's only when the flour is all over the kitchen (in the sink, on the fridge, yes the fridge that Seokjin has just wiped sparkling clean, the tabletop and in Seokjin's hair but shh what he doesn't know won't hurt him) that Yoongi and Namjoon decide to bring them back to their original task, which is to bake the cookies.

Jimin and Jungkook grin as they watch Hoseok stir the batter, brows furrowed in concentration (more like trying not to get the batter everywhere to add to the mess of flour...everywhere).

Yoongi can't help but notice the batter looks a little too yellow, and that the chocolate chips look like ants when he pours them into the batter so that Hoseok can continue mixing. Yoongi has to get Jimin to hold Taehyung back from spilling drool into the mixture. Namjoon returns from getting baking trays with Jungkook, along with the baking paper that they're going to put the batter on.

After fighting for five minutes about who should be the one to put the batter on the baking paper, they've finally decided that they should go in age order, from Yoongi, to Hoseok, then Namjoon, then Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. Although Jungkook is a little pouty, he lets his hyungs do it anyway. The batter is in really weird shapes. Yoongi attempts a quaver shape, Hoseok does a Mickey Mouse shape without flaw, Namjoon tries to do a book shape, Jimin a headphones shape, Taehyung tries to make his cookie the shape of a UFO, and Jungkook finally gets the spoon all to himself.

Jungkook takes another piece of baking paper and lays it out on the second tray that they have, the hyungs a little curious at what their little maknae is doing. Jungkook scoops up the batter, and drips it seemingly randomly on the baking paper. After what seems like eternity, Jungkook presents his masterpiece. The other boys "ooh" and "aah" as Jungkook beams, Yoongi and Namjoon stuffing the baking trays with the batter on it into the the oven and they wait for the cookies to cook.

Well, it isn't long before they all fall asleep, exhausted from baking the entire morning (and from the food fight they had earlier). Jungkook is leaning against Taehyung, the two passed out against the cupboard, Namjoon is lying face-down on the table, face buried into his hands, Yoongi is draped over the sink, and Hoseok is curled up around Jimin on the ground.

******************************************************

Seokjin yawns as he gets up, smelling a burning scent as he looks around blearily, shooting up from his seat when he sees smoke coming out from the oven and two little faces are peering into it, Namjoon coughing as the black thing flies into his face. Meanwhile, Hoseok is trying to get the baking trays out of the oven, the gloves a little too big for him.

Seokjin yelps as he leaps over the counter and runs over to them, shoving Hoseok and Namjoon away, grabbing the gloves and bringing the baking tray out. He looks at the cookies (now burning crisps) and glares at Namjoon and Hoseok, who look at him sheepishly.

"This is why I should never have let you into my kitchen," Seokjin hisses.

Although they look like they've been burned to a crisp, the cookies still look good enough to eat. Seokjin storms out of the kitchen as he slams the door to the oven close. Namjoon turns around to look at Yoongi, who's woken up from the loud sound, and he gives the two a questioning look.

The entire kitchen is a mess, from the smoke still gathering in the room to the flour painting the whole kitchen white. When Seokjin storms anywhere, it means they're in really big trouble.

Waking up the rest of the gang, Namjoon decides to hold an emergency meeting right there and then in the kitchen.

"Okay, so Jin-hyung is mad," Namjoon says.

"Mad?" Taehyung's eyes become round, and Namjoon nods.

"We really trashed his kitchen," Namjoon continues.

"And we need to make it up to him," says Yoongi. "So what do you want to do?"

"Uh..."

"Let's give him our cookies!"

"Let's make a card!"

"Whoa, whoa, wait," Namjoon's eyes twinkle. "How about we clean up the kitchen and, you know, say we're sorry?"

"Cl-Clean up the kitchen?!" Jimin looks around him. "It's all white!"

"Okay, let's get moving!"

**********************************************************************

Apparently, Seokjin has left the house to go to the park with Jjangu, and the six of them get to work cleaning the kitchen. Yoongi hisses as he sees the white on his entire body, and the maknae line were sent up to wash up before cleaning (since they'd track flour all over the ground even after Hoseok wipes it).

Namjoon gets to work trying to clean the fridge, wiping it sparkling clean. Yoongi tries to fix the oven, coughing and hacking at what little smoke came out. Hoseok meanwhile, is trying to clean up the floor, splashing Bleach all over the ground and rubbing at it with a mop that he always see Jin-hyung using.

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook come back down from the bathroom and gets to work taking over Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok's roles as the three of them go up to take a bath.

Jungkook manages to pull a few wires and gets the oven working again. Jimin wipes sweat off his forehead as he finishes up the cleaning of the fridge (it's sparkling clean now) and Taehyung manages to get flour off the window. The three of the hyung line come down and proceeds to wipe up all the flour off the ground.

Jungkook takes a look at his cookies, the one in the shape of Bangtan Sonyeondan. He quickly arranges it in a nice fashion, with the baking paper filled with their cookies, their shaped cookies surrounding the Bangtan Sonyeondan words. He puts it on the table, hoping Seokjin will see it and forgive them when he comes home.

After they finish cleaning up the kitchen, the six of them drape themselves over the couch, Jungkook and Taehyung sleeping as soon as they hit the couch, and Hoseok snuggling into a scrambling Yoongi, who eventually gives up and just closes his eyes. Namjoon has his mouth hanging open, snoring like there's no tomorrow. Jimin is curled up against Jungkook's back, sleeping away.

*************************************************

Seokjin opens the door, Jjangu coming in, feeling hungry as ever. In his haste to get away, he forgot to cook lunch, and he's starving. He hears the sounds of snoring, and sees the six of them passed out on the couch, sleeping away.

Seokjin walks over to them, and Jimin sneezes into Jungkook's back, almost waking him up. Seokjin smiles as he walks into the kitchen, supposing that he should wake them up after he finishes making lunch. He pets Jjangu as the dog trods up to the hyungs' bedroom, and he walks into the kitchen, preparing to clean up the mess...

And it's sparkling clean! Even the tiles have sparkles on them.

Seokjin marvels at the cleanliness of the kitchen. Not even he cleans it to that degree. The pots and pans are put back into the correct place and Seokjin walks over to the counter, catching sight of the cookies still on the baking paper and it must be the cutest thing he's ever seen. Bangtan Sonyeondan. Their name on the baking paper, with cookies surrounding it. 

The door creaks open and he sees Hoseok walk into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. "Ah, hyung!"

"What is it, Hobi?"

"A-Are you mad, hyung?" Hoseok sounds a little scared. 

Seokjin doesn't know how to respond, "I was a little mad, but now I'm not."

"We left the cookies for you, hyung," Hoseok walks over to the counter and points at the paper.

"Thanks, Hobi," Seokjin beams, and Hoseok grins along with him. He turns to the doorway, "JIN-HYUNG'S NOT MAD!"

At the same time, five more faces poke into the kitchen, and run into the kitchen, crowding at Seokjin's legs, apologizing again and again, saying things like "We won't do it again, hyung!" "We promise!" "We'll keep the kitchen neat and tidy!"

Seokjin laughs, and pats their heads, "It's okay. As long as you apologize, okay?" Do you want to eat the cookies with me?"

They all nod, and each reach for a cookie, stuffing their faces with the food. However, the moment Seokjin puts it into his mouth, he gags, and so do the rest.

No one dares to say a thing, staring at their cookies, until Yoongi utters the million-dollar-question.

"Who put salt in the cookies?"