*Special: Jimin's crush

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi sorry it's taking so long and thanks for staying with me all this time!

First of all: this happens a day before White Day in Korea. White (화이토 or ホワイート) Day is a day in Korea/Japan that happens every year on March the fourteenth. It is very much like a Valentine's Day, but during Valentine's Day in these two countries, girls ONLY give presents to boys and on White Day, boys ONLY give presents to girls, something like a repayment for their gifts on Valentine's Day.

Enjoy our cute little Jiminniiiieeee (XD idk how to use the chapter image thing)

large.jpg

*************************************************

"H-Here," a shy voice says. Jimin looks up. A girl is looking away, her voice small while she shoves a bag of cookies in his face. "H-Happy Valentine's Day!" 

The day Jimin saw her, he thought she was cute. It's their first Valentine's Day, when Jimin was three--his first year in the preschool and he'd liked her ever since. He found out her name was Hwa, and she's the shy girl who helps clean up the classroom every single day, participating most actively when they had a class discussion and is the teacher's pet. She's never late for preschool and always finds playtime fun and interesting. She'd once played with him, back when Taehyung and ran off with Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi were busy writing stuff on their little notebooks and Seokjin is reading his books. Jungkook, at one years old, was at home with Bang Sihyuk-hyung.

"Do you wanna play?" Hwa asked him. Jimin grinned and nodded. She allowed him to play in the sandbox with her, and together, they built the biggest sandcastle Jimin had ever seen.

Jimin thinks back to the time when he had asked Hwa for help for various English worksheets, Korean worksheets and even Math. The only thing he was good at was science...at least better than her even though he wasn't as good as Namjoon.

He spent the lessons thinking about her half the time, at least until the teacher asked a question and Hwa had to bail him out. 

***************************************

Yoongi is lying on his bed, the tip of the pen as he tries to think of something to write. He had a line in his head...but he can't remember what it is. It's a song he's planning to sing to Taeyeon, a girl in his class he likes for a long time now. She loved hiphop songs, just like him, and he's writing a simple melody to perform to her. He'd had some help from Namjoon and Hoseok of course. 

He looks down at his notebook again. He'd written a song called Tomorrow--and he wanted her to know that he is behind her every step of the way. Because the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest. Even in the near future, never forget the you of right now. Wherever you are right now, you're just taking a break. Don't give up. 

Right. He's getting Hoseok to work on the prechorus too. He hears a knock on the door. 

Yoongi looks around. Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin are nowhere to be seen. He shouts, "Come in!" 

Jimin pushes the door open, almost timidly. Yoongi looks at his cute dongsaeng, wanting to grin widely but acts annoyed instead, "What?" 

"Hyung, you wite songs, wight? Can you tweach me?" He shuffles his feet, head looking down at the ground.

Yoongi raises his eyebrows, "Why?" 

"Because thwere's this girl I weally like and...tomowow's White Day, y'know..." Jimin fidgets with the hem of his shirt as Yoongi bursts out laughing. 

"W-What?" Jimin flails his arms. "I didn't say anything! Fwoget it!" He turns away, but Yoongi grapss his collar. 

"It's alright, young man, I know what you mean," Yoongi chuckles. He moves aside and pats the space beside him, letting Jimin sit on his bed. The four of them are sleeping on bunk beds, and Hoseok is sleeping the top bunk and Seokjin on the bottom on one bed, and Yoongi sleeps at the bottom bunk with Namjoon on the top bunk on the other bed. "What kinda song d'you wanna sing? Hyung can't teach you how to write songs but I can write a song and you sing it." 

"Y-Yeah okay," Jimin nods. "Uh...uh...I want a song that says how much I like her." 

"Oooookay," Yoongi nods. "Err...Actually, can you be more specific?" 

"Uh, like 'I wanna you be my fwend, and I wanna...you take my wose." 

"Rose? What rose?" Yoongi looks at Jimin with wide eyes.

"I dunno. I'm gonna ask Taehyung and make a wose later," Jimin says. 

"Those...sound like lyrics to a children's song," Yoongi shakes his head. "Tell you what, I'll come up with a song and I'll practice it with you at night okay? For now, go...make your rose or something." 

"Oh, okay!" 

"Oh, and if you want a girl, you gotta ask Seokjin-hyung to make chocolates with you. Girls really love chocolates." 

"Weally?" Jimin's eyes are shining.

"Yeah." 

With a final salute to his dongsaeng, Yoongi turns back to his notepad as the door closes behind Jimin.

********************************************

"HYUUUUUUUUNG! I wanna make chocolates," Jimin finds Seokjin in the kitchen, eatng mango rice. He looks at Seokjin questioningly, "Hyung, it's not lunch yet." 

Seokjin nearly spits out all the rice in his mouth. Discovered by his dongsaeng. "Yeah, well, hyung's hungry. What do you need?" 

"Uh...uh...Yoongi-hyung said that girls weally like chocolates, so he asked me to come down and ask hyung to make chocolates with me." 

Seokjin sighs, and nods. He's never going to enjoy a snack peacefully...not when the other six boys are around. He scoops up the last bits of rice and mango and shoving them into his mouth before he says, "Come on. Hyung has all the ingredients." 

********************************************

"Jimin-ah, the chocolate's spilling." 

Jimin looks down to see Namjoon pointing at chocolate stains on the kitchen floor. "Oops." 

"Gimme that," Namjoon takes the bowl and mixing spoon from Jimin and begins mixing the chocolate mixture. He shows Jimin how to mix so that the chocolate doesn't spill out of the bowl. He hands the bowl and spoon back to Jimin. "Actually, I was looking for Seokjin-hyung." 

"Here," Seokjin says, after pre-heating the oven. He walks over to the cupboard above Namjoon's head. "What do you need?" 

"I need to sing you this song and you tell me whether it's okay...," Namjoon says.

"Right, sure," Seokjin nods, laying the pans for when Jimin has to pour the chocolate mixture to get the chocolate into shape. 

"After I go out with Hoseok." 

"Why?" Seokjin folds his arms.

"We needa get stuff," says Namjoon. "We wanna buy White Day gifts." 

Sighing, Seokjin walks outside; Namjoon and Jimin following him. Seokjin takes a few notes out from his wallet and hands them to Namjoon. "If there's any change return it to me."

"Hyung, can I go with you?" Jimin asks.

"Sure," Namjoon says. "Hey, Hobi!" Hoseok peers his head out from the balcony and races down. 

"Hyung agreed?" Hobi is grinning his signature rainbows-and-sunshines grin. 

"Yeah, and Jimin's coming with us," Namjoon says. "We're going to that new mall down the street." 

"Yeah!" cries Jimin and Hoseok.

***************************************************

"Hyung, should I get this?" Jimin asks, pointing to a flower crown. It's a crown made of cheap plastic flowers.

"Well, it suits her name," Namjoon says. "Hwa and...flowers." 

"Nah, you should get this!" Jimin turns to his hyung's voice and screams as he sees a giant Mickey Mouse-shaped doll waving its arm at him.

"Stop scaring him, Hoseok," Namjoon smacks Hoseok's head. 

"Yah, I'm seven mwonths older than you!" Hoseok rubs his head and puts back the Mickey Mouse doll. 

"But my mental age makes me ten years older than you," Namjoon says. 

"How old are you?" 

"Same as you." 

"Aish, stop it! How old are we?" 

Namjoon guffaws as he says between fits of laughs, "We're six, Hoseok. Our last year in preschool."

"Huh, really? I didn't notice," Hoseok scratches his head. He looks down at a tug on his shirt. Jimin is looking up at him with puppy eyes. "Hyung, the lady at the counter said I needed money. I don't have any." 

Namjoon hands a note to Jimin, and Jimin happily hands the note to the cashier, coming back with a handful of coins, which he hands to Namjoon and is clutching the plastic bag in a death grip. 

"Well, that was fruitful enough," Namjoon says. He looks through a window at a candy shop. "You think I should get some of these?" 

"Yeah," Hoseok says, walking inside and the boys bought their candy. Namjoon keeps his candy in the plastic bag that Jimin's holding, while Hoseok has ripped into his plastic bag of sweets.

By the time they've finished their shopping, it's about late afternoon. 

********************************************

"I've helped you pack them," says Seokjin, welcoming the three boys into the house. He shows Jimin a pink, heart-shaped box complete with a yellow ribbon. Jimin looks at the box, grinning. He opens the box, and sees the chocolates in many different shapes and sizes, some of them are cone-shaped, some are plain hearts and others look like a blob of...well, chocolate.

"Whoa, hyung is good," Hoseok grins. 

"Hyung, like I said, I need you to help me with my song..." Namjoon says. 

"After your lunch, Namjoon," says Seokjin. "You three hadn't eaten lunch." 

The three boys settle down for lunch. Jimin stuffs the food into his mouth hungrily. He needs to ask Taehyung to help him make a rose for Hwa...and to ask Yoongi-hyung whether his song was done.

After eating, he rushes up to Yoongi's room, "Hyung! Are you done with the song?"

"Yeah," says Yoongi. "It's not a song I'd typically write, but well." 

"What's 'typically'?" Jimin asks.

"Nothing," Yoongi says. "Come on, I'll let you read the lyrics and you ask me whatever you don't understand."

Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon
Haruman neowa naega sonjabeul su itdamyeon
Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon 
Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon 

"Whoa, these are weally nice lyrics, hyung!" Jimin grins his toothy grin.

"They are, right?" Yoongi gives him his gummy smile. "Well, now you just hafta learn to sing it."

********************************************

"No vocal chord practices during dinner," Seokjin says. "My eardrums stopped functioning after Namjoon's vocal chords practice."

"It was a song, hyung!" Namjoon stabs his fork into the beef, grumbling. 

"Fine," Seokjin says, eating his food, while Taehyung is just showing his "This food is delicious" expression. One of Taehyung's interesting idiosyncrasies again. He tends to always eat his food deliciously. 

"Hey, Tae, can you help me make a wose after dinner?" 

"Yeah, sure," Taehyung finishes his food and places his bowl into the sink for Seokjin to wash. Jimin does the same and the two run up to the room.

Taehyung gets out his glitter glue, construction paper, origami paper and markers. "I wemember how to fold a wose. I did it before. I was pwacticing with Kookie." 

Jimin listens as Taehyung teaches him how to fold the rose step by step. Finally, after about thirty sheets of origami paper, and five pieces of green construction paper, Jimin finally makes his rose.

"Yeah, then you put the stalk like this," Taehyung runs to his closet and gets out his tape. He tapes the stalk made out of green construction paper to the folded red flower part of the rose. Meanwhile, Jimin is hard at work drawing a leaf and cutting it out. Taehyung helps tape the leaf to the stalk of the rose and grins as their new blue-colored rose is finished! 

"Yay!" Jimin grins. 

What can go wrong tomorrow? Jimni thinks to himself.

Little did he know...everything.

**********************************************

The next morning, Jimin, Yoongi and Namjoon get up super early. Like they're in a mad rush to be somewhere. By the time Seokjin, Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok have woken up, the three of them are already sitting at the table for breakfast. 

"Kookie! What did you do to my chocolates!" Jimin cries, shooing Jungkook away from the box which has fallen on the ground out of the plastic bag. The ribbon is undone, and Jimin ties it back. He slides the rose neatly into the plastic bag, careful not to damage it. 

"Today is a special day for the three of you," says Seokjin. "Alright, I'll be seeing you all off!" The dongsaengs hurriedly finish their breakfast before they rush to school. 

***********************************************

Jimin reaches the classroom early--earlier than usual. That's because he knows she'd be there. Hwa is sitting alone at her seat in the classroom. Meanwhile, Namjoon has gone to his own classroom, leaving Jimin and Hwa alone. Hwa notices the door opening and closing and she looks back at Jimin. Jimin, shyly, walks towards her, the plastic bag of goodies in his hands.

"Hi, Jimin!" Hwa bounds up to him. "You wanna do English today morning?"

"Nah," Jimin shakes his head. "Hwa, I wanna give you some stuff." 

"Huh? Why?" Hwa looks down at the plastic bag that Jimin is holding in his hands. He shakily takes out the box of chocolates and hands them to her. "T-These chocolates are for you." 

"For me?" 

"Yeah, for you," Jimin shuts his eyes as Hwa opens the box. 

"Thanks so much!" Hwa grins, and pops a chocolate into . Jimin grins, and he turns to look at the box...

The box of chocolates is half empty. 

Wait, she just popped one into ...that means...

Nooooooo! And Jimin was wondering why Kookie was toying with the box that morning...and where the tiny, tell-tale signs of chocolate on his hands had come from. 

"I love it!" Hwa grins, and takes a chocolate from the box. "Say ah, Jimin-shi!" 

"Ah?" Jimin opens his mouth and Hwa pops the chocolate into his mouth. Jimni crunches on the chocolate--the taste is awesome; not too sweet and not too plain either. His hyung is really a great cook and a great baker.

"A-And this wose...nooooooo!" Jimin cries out in horror as he realizes the rose he'd painstakingly made yesterday has become a mess of red and green. It's still recognizable, but parts of the rose's flower has torn, and the paper leaf is completely gone.

"B-But I..." Jimin is on the verge of tears as Hwa takes the rose from him.

"It's okay," Hwa smiles, and takes the rose. She places it in her hair. "See? It's still nice!" She pulls at his cheeks. "Smile, alwright?" 

"Y-Yeah," Jimin sniffles. He looks down at the second final thing he has for her. He takes out the crown..at least this one is still intact. He places it on her head. "I thought of you when I saw this." 

"It's really sweet, Jimin!" Hwa takes the flower crown off her head and looks at it. "Blue, green, red, yellow...it's like a rainbow crown, you know." 

"W-Wight, and I have a song I wanna sing for you!" 

"Oh, okay!" Hwa sits down at her seat, and smiles at him. Jimin grins...but his voice betrays him as his nervousness takes a hold of him. 

"Uh...uh..." he suddenly forgets the lyrics and a bit of the tune. 

"Take your time!" Hwa nods encouragingly. A surge of energy rushes through Jimin. 

"Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon 
Hamuran neowa naega hamggehal su itdaseon 
Haruman neowa naega somjabeul su itdayeon
Haruman...neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon..." 

Jimin looks up at Hwa, and she's smiling. "You have a weally nice voice, Jimin-shi!" 

"T-Thanks!" Jimin feels his cheeks growing red. 

Hwa walks towards him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "You're so cute, Jimin! And thank you for all the pwesents!" 

Jimin's heart flutters.

*************************************************