Bangtan at a sports festival

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi, this is responding to angelbtslover and haninur32's request: Bangtan at a Sports Carnival. 

I remember my first Sports Carnival, in Primary 3 and I was in a girl's school so the teachers decided to bring us over to our brother school to play games, etcetera. Let's just say it's not my most enjoyable Sports Canival haha. My fave is my Primary 6 Sports Carnival when it just suddenly rained in the middle of the 4x100m race but kept on running anyway. It was a downpour and there was like a 30-min intermission haha.

I was so d*mn pissed today because my friend (a Korean guy) was criticising Hobi for like a full fifteen-minutes, with like six insults in five minutes I'm just so pissed right now pls don't mind me Hobi's my bias

Anyway, J-Hope u enjoy (i don't think I know some of the categories the boys participated in--imma doing on the 2016 ISAC) P.S. I know Jin participated in Wrestling, but I replaced him with Namjoon in this chapter pls don't kill me. Also replaced Eunkwang with Hyunsik. 

************************************************************

"What'cha looking at, hyung?" Jungkook's snuggled in Seokjin's bed (after having a nightmare and coming to his hyung at 3am). Seokjin's been waiting for his dongsaeng to wake up, not to mention he can't sleep and it's six in the morning--way to early to make breakfast. Besides, he can hear Namjoon snoring ever so slightly from the bed next to his. He can see Hoseok sliding a hand up and down his arm (like he always does) and Yoongi is the only normal one, sleeping soundly above him. 

Meanwhile, Jungkook somehow took off all his clothes while he was sleeping and Seokjin had woken up to a pair of shorts in his face, but he just threw it back to Jungkook's side. 

Seokjin's looking at old photographs which he found on his bedside table. It's too early in his life to start being sentimental, but he can't help it. Just seeing those old photographs...

Just makes him want to laugh.

"Is that Tae-hyung?" Jungkook points at the photograph, and indeed, it is Taehyung in freeze frame sprinting across the tiny garden in the relay race.

"Yeah," Seokjin nods. "That's from last year." 

"Really? You mean that time when I--" 

"Yeah," Seokjin doesn't feel like remembering it. "Is that the only thing you remember?" 

"Yup," Jungkook grins, burying himself in his hyung's blanket.

And so, in a room full of snores and weird sleeping habits, Seokjin recounts the entire sports festival in their preschool the previous year.

************************************************************

Sure, Seokjin just graduated and he's in first year in his elementary school, but he came back to this school just for his special day--to watch his dongsaengs compete in their preschool's annual Games Day, or Sports Carnival, as Namjoon likes to call it instead.

There are many categories: Race, Relay Race, Archery, Wrestling. It isn't as professional as the games that Seokjin sees on television, but still interesting to watch...especially with all the...hmm...interesting incidents that seem to happen every year, almost like a plague. Jungkook and Hoseok are taking part in the Race, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook wanted to take place in the Relay Race, Jungkook, Taehyung and Namjoon in Wrestling (because they says it seemed fun) and Yoongi and Jimin in Archery. 

Many students have gathered, the lazier ones sitting at the sidelines, while the more active ones are prepping themselves, following the teacher-in-charge as she does warm-up exercises. The Race (for girls) is starting soon, and the contestants are lined up. 

"Well, everyone! Welcome our participants of the Race category!" the MC cries through the loudspeaker, and Seokjin swears his ears are going to burst. He managed to get a camera from Bang Sihyuk yesterday, just to take pictures of this important annual event. He watches as YuNa, from G-Friend, YuJi from BESTie and YooJin from Oh My Girl get ready at the starting point of the tiny running track made with white rope to mark the lanes, and a banner representing the ending point. 

After the girl's race, it's the boy's (G-Friend's YuJi won) and Seokjin screams his heart out with the other boys as they watch Jungkookie (an amazing two year old) as he stumbles across the track along with his other competitors, including Snuper's Sunghyuk, MONSTA X's Jooheon and others. Well, it looks more like a competition to see who doesn't trip as the boys make their sure (albeit slow) progress across the lane. 

"JUNGKOOKIE!" Taehyung screams, waving his arms in the air. 

"KOOKIE YOU CAN DO IT!" Jimin yells, Seokjin having to catch the boy before he falls off his seat.

Jungkook races ahead with all his strength that his little legs can carry him. Sunghyuk is almost the same speed as Jungkook, just a little faster.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!" Jungkook cries and sprints forward, bolting forward. 

Not even Sunghyuk saw this coming. It's almost as if the two of them suddenly are fueled by a mysterious burst of energy as soon, they are neck-to-neck as they sprint towards the finish line, Jungkook putting his all as he dashes alongside Sunghyuk in the Boys' 2-3 year old category.

"KOOOKIEEEEEEEEEE!" Jimin screams, runnning down to the side of the track to catch his dongsaeng making it past the finishing line.

"The race is coming to an end now, with both Jungkook and Sunghyuk taking the lead!" the MC yells commentary to the crowd, as the kids' eyes are focused only on the two runners making their way across the track. 

Seokjin raises his camera, and...snap! 

Sunghyuk and Jungkook both tumble onto the ground past the finish line, collapsed on each other. Who won? 

Seokjin looks at the picture that he's just taken, expecting Jungkook to finish first...but sorely disappointed when he sees Sunghyuk's leg just right in front of his dongsaeng's, crossing the finish line first. Not that he's disappointed in Jungkook--the boy tried his best.

"And the winner is...Snuper's Choi Sunghyuk!" 

"Kookie!" Jimin runs towards his dongsaeng, helping Jungkook up, but is surprised when he hears Jungkook sniffling and tears shining in his eyes. 

"I lost, hyung..." Jungkook swipes at his eyes and Jimin hugs him. 

"It's okay, Kookie. You did your best!" 

Jungkook feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns behind and sees Sunghyuk standing there, the gold medal in his hands. Jimin's arms tighten around his dongsaeng. "Yah, Min--" 

With tiny toddler steps, Sunghyuk places the medal over Jungkook's head, shrugging. "You were way better than me." 

Jungkook looks at the medal on his neck, the gold shining bright. "But you won." He smiles, giving Sunghyuk back the medal. "You deserve it." A medal is placed over Jungkook's head, the metal piece hitting the boy's chest as he looks down at it: the Silver Medal. 

"I'll beat you next time!" Jungkook grins, before Jimin leads him back to the rest of the boys, who bombard him with questions about whether he's alright and the like.

"Where's Hobi-hyung?" Jungkook looks around, before finally spotting his hyung readying himself at the starting line, along with BtoB's Minhyuk and VIXX's Wonsik, and three other people Jungkook doesn't recognize. It's the 4-6 year old category. Hoseok is five years old, making him eligible for it. Both Wonsik and Minhyuk are four years old.

"HOBI-HYUNG!" Taehyung yells. 

"GO HOBI!" Namjoon cries, waving some prop around that Seokjin vaguely remembers seeing at the store sometime. It's some lightbulb made of plastic, and Namjoon has two of them.

Hoseok grins up at his brothers, before they have to get into position. 

And the gun goes off. The kids dash across the track as the crowd starts screaming again. Seokjin grins as he can see his dongsaeng, proud of him even though he's falling way behind of Lee Minhyuk, the class athlete. Despite the big difference--Hoseok was still halfway across the track when Minhyuk finished the race--in distance, Seokjin still feels his chest swelling with pride. 

"Minhyuk!!" Bangtan can hear Eunkwang's loud and high-pitched screaming even from their place at the other end of the track. "MINHYUKKIE!" 

The race concludes quite quickly--Hoseok isn't the first, but neither is he the last. In fact, he came in third and clinched a bronze medal. Surrounded by his brothers, Hoseok is met by screams and yells of Jimin and Taehyung and even Yoongi, as they gather in a group hug. But of course, this isn't the last event yet. There is still the Relay Race, Archery and Wrestling. 

"We're gonna beat them in the relay race, Kookie!" Hoseok grins, flopping to the ground, a sheen of sweat on his forehead. "We got Tae and Jimin after all!" 

***************************************************************

The girl's Relay Race is up first, with families like EXID, Apink and G-Friend participating. It's obviously clear who won. When Apink finished the race, the other groups were on their third person. 

"And now, for the Boys' Relay Race..." Unlike the Races, there is no age category for this--it's open for all, so Jimin and Taehyung decide to give it a shot along with their Hobi-hyung and Jungkookie. The four of them make their way to their respective sides of the track--Jimin starts it off, then Taehyung runs the ten meters back, after which, Hoseok will take the baton, and then Jungkook will finish the race.

"Ready? Set..." 

Jimin gets ready to run, his small fists clenched at his sides, trying to mimic a professional runner.

"GO!" The gun shoots a blank as the boys start running as quickly as their little legs can carry them. Jimin is way faster than them, and manages to pass the baton over to Taehyung even before Jaehwan manages to pass the baton over to Taekwoon. BtoB is third, as Changsub rushes forward, passing the baton to Hyunsik--only slightly behind B.A.P. 

"TAEEEEEE!" Namjoon and Seokjin yell as their dongsaeng runs faster than Jimin did, increasing the distance difference between them and B.A.P., VIXX slowly catching up as Taekwoon hands the baton over to Sanghyuk a little earlier than B.A.P., earning them the little time they need to bypass B.A.P. Minhyuk receives the baton last, but he slowly catches up to B.A.P., almost passing them, when Hoseok already hands the baton over to Jungkook. 

Jungkook sprints, alongside Wonsik, as the two runs their hardest. Jungkook can barely think straight--all he can see is the bouncing image of that finish line as he crosses it, kicking the line as he leaps into the air, screaming, "BANGTAN!" 

***************************************************************
"That's two medals, Kookie," Namjoon grins. 

"Yup!" Jungkook grins, looking at the two medals dangling from his neck. He looks down at them: the silver and gold medal. Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin also got gold medals, laughing and high-fiving each other as they hug and scream into each other's ears. 

"There will be a fifteen-minute intermission. Please move to the field..." 

"Oh, the field behind the school," Yoongi mutters.

"They're serving cookies, Kookie!" Taehyung laughs, tackling Jungkook from behind. "Let's go eat!" So with the rest of the boys, they head over to the classroom to get their fair share of cookies and milk. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook turns around, finding Seokjin just standing right behind him.

"You did great, Kookie!" Seokjin gives his dongsaeng a hug, before proceeding to hug Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok, saying how proud he is of all of them (almost like a mom, Seokjin thinks to himself). While Hoseok and Jungkook are busy showing Seokjin their medals, Namjoon and Yoongi have returned with cookies for the whole family. Seokjin is in the middle of showing the 95-line their photographs from their Relay Race just now ("You look really funny with your hair flopping up like that, Tae.").

With that, the seven boys dig into the cookies and down their glass of milk before heading over to the other field for Archery and Wrestling.

**************************************************************

"Min Yoongi! Min Yoongi! Min Yoongi!" 

Yoongi grins as he listens to Taehyung and Namjoon screaming his name from the sidelines as he takes his place, tiny bow in place with his arrows in a small quiver held in place at his thigh by a strap hanging loosely off his shoulder.

"You can do it, hyung!" Jimin cries, bow in his hand. 

Min Yoongi takes out his secret weapon: black spectacles. He places them on his face and suddenly he can see way clearer than before. It's almost as if the spectacles are magical (or maybe he's just short-sighted and a stubborn kid who doesn't want to wear spectacles because he finds them nerdy). 

"MIN YOONGI-HYUNG HAS PUT ON HIS MAGIC SPECS! FEAR HIM!" Jimin yells to the crowd and Yoongi cringes.

The whole crowd burst into laughter. Mortified, Yoongi wants so desperately to take of his spectacles and reaches up to his face to peel them off, but feels a hand holding his in place.

"Don't take it off, hyung!" Yoongi looks down to Jimin's smiling face, eyes forming crescents.

Yoongi, face flushing, can't really defy his dongsaeng especially since Jimin gives him that puppy-dog eye look and that eye-smile. He readies his bow, and when he hears the horn blare, Yoongi lets the arrow fly.

**************************************************************

"It wasn't that bad, hyung," Taehyung back hugs Yoongi. Yoongi stares dejectedly at the ground, bow and quiver of arrows returned to the teacher. They didn't make it, especially since Yoongi's arrow went off course and somehow ended up in the bushes instead of the target.

"It's Sungjae-hyung's turn!" Jungkook points. 

Sungjae, dressed in some ancient archer outfit and looking very uncomfortable, especially with his hyungs cooing over him, holding the bow in his hand, looking as unsteady as Jimin just now as he aims. 

And shoots.

It's almost as if the arrow goes in slow motion for Yoongi as he sees the arrow hit bulls-eye--straight down the middle of the target in that little yellow circle. Yoongi's jaw drops as he sees BtoB screaming and hugging Sungjae. 

"Whoaaaaaa!" Taehyung releases Yoongi and runs over to Sungjae, congratulating him too.

"Come on, hyung, it's okay," Jimin smiles, taking Taehyung's place and trying to get Yoongi to cheer up. "It's just a few points." 

"And the arrow hit a bush," Yoongi mutters.

"Yeah, but think about it, hyung. Your arrow was the only one that hit a bush! It should get 20 points!" Jimin cries, spreading his arms out wide to emphasize the largeness of 20 points.

"Yeah, yeah," Yoongi mutters, currently not in the mood for celebrating, that is, until he feels his mouth stuffed with something. Jimin stuffed a whole cookie into his mouth.

"When you're sad, eat sugar, Jin-hyung says," Jimin grins, giving Yoongi another cookie. "And this is chocolate cookies! They're fulla sugar. You should change your name to Sugar, hyung. You're always so sad."

Somehow, somewhat, Yoongi feels a slight bit better.

***************************************************************

It's Wrestling now, and to everyone's surprise, bites Changsub on his shoulder and lands on top of the six-year-old. Of course, being the discreet evil maknae he is, no one actually noticed, and Changsub is just too nice (his words) to report Jungkook for it, seeing as his opponent was four years younger than him. Jungkook screams and yells, cheering as his brothers surround him yet again, before the crowd turns back to the Wrestling Ring, a small white circle drawn on a yellow mattress. Before him, Taehyung and Namjoon have already gone, both of them managing to best their opponents fairly and squarely.

"Who else made it to the finals?" Namjoon asks. Jungkook may not know what "finals" mean, but maybe it means who will be the family they're up against? 

"VIXX," Seokjin says, turning up with his camera and snapshots of their Wrestling match. "They came out with the pairings already. Kookie, you're gonna fight Sanghyuk, and Tae, you're gonna go fight Taekwoon and Namjoon, you're gonna go up against Jaehwan." 

"Whoa, but Taekwoon-hyung looks really scary," Taehyung mumbles.

"Hyukkie!" Jungkook grins his bunny smile.

"Jaehwan looks strong, I guess, but he's a goofball half the time," Namjoon laughs.

"Wrestlers, get to your positions!" 

"Kookie, you're going first," Seokjin says, patting his dongsaeng on the back. "Have fun!" Jungkook nods, and turns back to see Sanghyuk already waiting in the Wrestling Ring.

"Hi!" the two greet each other as Jungkook runs up to his place in front of Sanghyuk. They bow, and grip each other's back and leg strap, and the match begins. It's a heated match, a maknae battle, if you would, and both are almost equal--considering they're around the same age, give or take one year. The battle reaches its when Sanghyuk trips, and Jungkook falls onto the other maknae. They tumble onto the mattress, laughing and giggling like the kids they are.

"That was fun. Let's do it again, sometime!" Sanghyuk helps Jungkook up as the MC announces Jungkook as the winner.

"And now, let's put our hands together for Bangtan Sonyeondan's Kim Taehyung and VIXX's Jung Taekwoon!" The two contestants walk into stage, Taekwoon with his stern face as usual, and Taehyung with his goofy one. Two opposites now face each other on the battlefield.

"Come on, Tae! You can do it!" Jimin cries, pumping his fists into the air.

"Go! Taekwoonie!" Jimin sees Hakyeon yelling and cheering as well. Well, let's just see who can cheer louder, right? Jimin screams at the top of his lungs, and it looks like Hakyeon notices too, so the two spark off a cheering battle...which ended up becoming a screaming battle, but that's alright, since they're covered by the audience's screams anyway.

************************************************************************

It was no match. Taekwoon throws Taehyung over his shouder, managing to stop himself from hitting the younger boy as he evidently wins. Taehyung walks off the mattress after hugging his competitor and thanking him for the "battle", Taehyung-style. He's greeted by Namjoon, who's heading up to the Wrestling Ring, his turn to face Jaehwan.

"Hi, Joonie!" Jaehwan grins, waving vigorously at his opponent.

"Hi, Jaehwannie!" 

"Ready?" the MC announces, as the boys get into position. 

"I'm gonna beat you," Jaehwan whispers into Namjoon's ear, and the latter grins, before the gun goes off and the two begin pushing at each other, almost like a playfight between two kids...or well, it literally is. The boys wrestle and use tricks here and there (in Jaehwan's case at least, Namjoon manages to dodge each one of his kicks), before suddenly, Jaehwan manages to tip Namjoon off balance and Namjoon hits the mattress, hard.

"You okay?" Jaehwan asks, seeing Namjoon laughing. 

"Yup," Namjoon is helped up and he hugs Jaehwan before heading off the mattress. 

"Silver medals, hyung!" Jungkook grins, holding up his own silver medal--there are three medals clinking against each other around his neck already--two silvers and one gold. 

"They're gonna announce the overall winners," Seokjin says, wrapping an arm around Namjoon's neck. "C'mon!" 

*************************************************************

Well, Bangtan didn't win first place, but it was evident that everyone had a lot of fun (and is very tired). Jungkook is especially happy about the medals around his neck as he shows them off to Seokjin and his hyungs.

"Come on," Seokjin says, holding Jungkook's hand as he leads all his brothers home. 

************************************************************

"And that, is that," Seokjin grins, looking at the photographs in his hands.

"Oh, okay," Jungkook gets out of bed, dressed only in his underwear. Seokjin shushes the maknae before grabbing his shirt and shorts--which is lying on his pillow, and helps him get dressed.

"There's the Sports Carnival gonna come up, right?" Jungkook grins, dragging his hyung out of the room. 

"Yeah." 

"But Yoongi-hyung won't be there anymore, that means I can have more cookies." 

"Yah, I'm trying to sleep, Kookie!" A pillow is tossed at Jungkook's direction as Namjoon turns over to his side and covers his face with another pillow. 

Seokjin decides it's probably time to go prepare breakfast.