New Year's/Jungkook & Tae special: Fanciful dinner

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Firstly, this is in response to JiKookVFans's and sherlocked_'s requests. 

Secondly...

I feel so horrible now: I realized my mistake! V's birthday is on the 30th, not 20th! (I'M SO SO SORRY, TAE!) Anyway, I'll take this as another birthday present to Tae (because it's mainly featuring the maknae line). So this is like a three-in-one story? (Tae's birthday, New Year's special and 2 requests) Hope you enjoy it nonetheless! 

**I'm so so sorry, Taeeee and Happy New Year (early by two days lol I'm always early)

*********************************************

"There's so many people," Jungkook looks around, hand tightening around Seokjin's for reassurance...for what, the hyung doesn't know. The seven of them are dressed their best for a dinner that Hobeom and Bang Sihyuk needed to attend, and there were going to be other friends there. Yoongi was especially excited when he heard that VIXX was going to be there, and so was Taehyung when he heard that BToB would be sitting near them. Meanwhile, Seokjin was looking forward to seeing Jongin and Illhoon later. Hoseok, Namjoon and Jimin were talking about the new friends they made--Jackson and Mark from the Got7 family--and Jungkook was the only one without a friend outside of the Bangtan family. 

The Bangtan toddlers take their respective seats at a fancy table with nine seats--seven for them and two for their adults. 

"Hey," someone taps Taehyung's seat.

Taehyung looks back and finds Sungjae grinning at him from his seat right behind Taehyung. 

"Hi!" Taehyung blurts out, grinning too. 

"Jackson! Mark!" Namjoon and Jimin spot their friends at a table quite far from them. "Hiiiiii!" 

"Hiiiiiiii!" Jackson calls back, waving his arms with Mark from the Got7 table, as Yugyeom and Youngjae look up. 

"Heeeeeyyyy! Yoongi!" Hakyeon waves from another table. 

Yoongi grins as he sees Taekwoon poking his head up from a chair beside Hakyeon. Four other heads turn towards the Bangtan table. Yoongi knows all their names--Hakyeon always talked about his brothers, after all, but he couldn't match name to face. Jaehwan, Sanghyuk, Hong Bin and Wonshik. 

"All right, boys, settle down! The food's coming." 

"Jin-hyung, why are we here again?" Jungkook asks, sulking in his seat. He had wanted to stay at home with Jimin and Taehyung to watch their weekly Dora the Explorer, but they were forced to come here by Hobeom and Bang Sihyuk, and plus, everyone had wanted to come--if it means meeting their friends from the other families.

"It's for the New Year's countdown," Seokjin sighs, knowing how badly Jungkook didn't want to be here. He didn't have any friends from other families (he wasn't really that close to Sungjae), and he didn't really know how to act.

"I don't like the New Year's countdown," Jungkook pouts. "I wanna stay home and watch TV." 

Then again, they had to bring Jungkook because of...well...everybody was going to be there, and if Jungkook didn't come...that would be strange.

"Whoa!" Hoseok's voice jolts Seokjin from his thoughts as he sees a large bowl of soup placed on the Lazy Susan of the table (that round rotating disk). It's...tomato soup? 

"I hate tomato soup!" Jungkook puffs up his cheeks, refusing to even let Seokjin feed him the soup.

"Yah, don't be ridiculous, Kookie," Seokjin mutters, trying to get Jungkook to open up his mouth to eat the soup.

"No!" Jungkook cries, sliding down from his seat and hiding under the tablecloth. 

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!" Hoseok screams as he quickly jumps from his chair. "H-Hyung! There's something under the table!" 

"Kookie!" Seokjin peeks under the table but...

Jungkook was gone.

"Kookie's gone!" Seokjin looks up from underneath the table. 

Great...what now? Where in the world could Jungkook have run to? Well, one thing's for sure... the rest of the tables are staring at them. 

***********************************************

"You sure Jungkook-ssi is gone?" Hobeom asks.

"Yeah, he ran under the tablecloth and was...just gone." 

"Strange, where could he be?" Bang Sihyuk scratched his head. The countdown party was starting already, and they can't just go look for Jungkook.

"We'll bring him back!" Jimin and Taehyung grins. "We're small enough! We'll get through the crowd without anyone seeing us!" 

There was definitely no way that Seokjin would let Jimin and Taehyung run off by themselves. They'd either get caught (not very likely, considering they spent most of their time hiding from Seokjin himself in the house when he called for them to do something productive like reading instead of watching television all the time), somehow break a limb (happened more than once on occasion), or will find Jungkook and run off somewhere else to play (Seokjin will bet it's an almost hundred percent possibility). 

"We've already got the staff searching for him," says Bang Sihyuk. "Jungkook will be found in no time." 

Well, the adults may think so, but...Seokjin doesn't. Jungkook is the master of hiding, and he's fearless--he's not even scared of the darkness like Seokjin would expect (he didn't expect Hoseok and Jimin to be so scared of ants either...). 

Then again, wanting to be the good kid, Seokjin turns back to Jimin and Taehyung to tell them to sit down quietly...

But they are gone.

**********************************************

Jungkook pouts as he finds himself in a large, white room with the smell of food in the air. He looks around him. There are many waiters, waitresses and chefs walking here and there, trying to make sure the food is ready and presentable. Jungkook dives behind a shelf as he sees a waitress walking his way, keeping as quiet as possible. Of course, he didn't want to be caught. He doesn't know what Seokjin would do to him if he was caught...

After the whole countdown was over, he'd just head out and find his hyungs. It was as simple as that.

"I heard there was this one boy missing." 

"Yeah, from the Bangtan table." 

"They told us to search for him." 

Missing? Is it like lost? And Bangtan? Their table? Well, the lost boy is definitely him, and they were told to search for him? 

"Eh?" 

Have they found him? Trembling, Jungkook peeks out from behind the shelf. He sees a woman looking at the ground. Did they drop a plate of food or something? But there wasn't any sound, so...Jungkook squirms further into the corner when he sees the woman walking nearer him. She's going to find him!

"Now, what are you rascal doing here?" the woman approachs Jungkook. 

"No!" Jungkook runs out from his hiding place, nearly running into the arms of the woman before he changes course and runs towards the kitchen doors, avoiding arms despite the waitresses and chefs smiling, some of them saying, "Cute."  

"Jungkookie!" 

Jungkook hears Taehyung's and Jimin's voice from above...but...where are they? 

"Come back here!" the first chef shouts, running after Jungkook. Jungkook looks up. There they are! In the air vents! If he could just climb onto the shelves...Jungkook scrambles onto the shelf, running on the stoves and jumps. Two pairs of hands grab his arms and haul him up. Jungkook's eyes are still shut tight. 

There's the clank of metal as Jimin inserts the metal grate back into where it should be. It's a little cramped, but at least Jungkook feels safe with his hyungs nearby...albeit being the two noisy ones.

"Why were you in the kitchen, Kookie?" Jimin asks. "Jin-hyung was worried about you." 

"Are we going back? I don't wanna go back!" Jungkook sits in the air vent, hugging himself and coughing. The air vent was dusty all right.

"Of course we're not gonna go back!" Taehyung grins. "I didn't wanna be there either. Let's go have some fun!" 

*********************************************

"They're not back yet..." Yoongi takes a sip from his glass of water. He, Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin are either very worried (in Seokjin's case) or very bored (in Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok's case). It seems the only thing keeping them awake was the food. It wasn't even food they like, but they were eating it...because they would seem impolite if they don't finish the food. 

"Why aren't they back, hyung?" Hoseok can barely keep his eyes open. Seokjin yawns too. Considering it's nearly midnight, it's a wonder they were still awake...

Especially Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung. How is it possible for them to have so much energy at this time of the day when he's almost going to fall asleep? 

"Jimin and Tae aren't going to come back," Hoseok whines. "They're just gonna go and have fun with Jungkook and they're never gonna come back..." 

"Jimin and Tae are playful and stupid," Yoongi mutters.

Seokjin smacks Yoongi's head, "Don't say the 's' word! And they're not the 's' word!" Yoongi rubs his head as he gives Seokjin his best glare.

"I wanna play with Jimin..." Hoseok plops his head on the table.

They can only search for the maknae line after the party, so...

***********************************************

"Is this a hotel?" Jimin looks intrigued as he wanders out of the hotel where the countdown party was held. They'd somehow managed to squeeze their way out of the air vent and out of the hotel. Taehyung has Jungkook's hand grasped tight as they tumble out of the air vent, hitting the snowy ground with light thuds. 

"Hotel?" Jungkook struggles to his feet. There's a cold wind blowing outside, and Jungkook starts shivering. Taehyung hugs him as the two walk over to Jimin in a bundle of coats and scarves. There is a light snow falling from the sky, with little to no wind. The moon is shining bright amongst several twinkling stars in the black sky. 

"Come on! Let's play out here in the snow!" Taehyung suddenly drops down to the ground, Jungkook screaming as the two hit the snow.

"Wait for me!" Jimin cries, rolling on the snow with the other two as snow continues to rain on them. 

"Hyung, have you tasted a snowflake before?" Jungkook asks, catching a snowflake with his hand.

"Nope," Jimin and Taehyung answer at the same time. 

"Let's taste snowflakes together!" 

The three maknaes open their mouths and stick out their tongues, managing to catch a snowflake each.

"It's just water," Jungkook swallows his saliva. 

"Doesn't matter! Let's make snow angels!" Taehyung grins, falling onto the ground and waving his tiny arms and legs. 

"You just do this?" Jungkook mimics Taehyung's movements, waving his arms and legs too.

"Yeah!" Taehyung, after a while of waving, stands up, and looks down at his snow angel. "We should have played with Hobi-hyung too." Jungkook stands up and looks at his own snow angel too. Jimin does the same. 

Jungkook lets out the loudest yawn ever. Taehyung and Jimin burst into laughter.

"It's almost midnight!" Taehyung points to a clock located on the front of the hotel building--a sort of decoration. The minute-hand was five minutes to midnight.

"Jimin! Tae! Kookie!" 

"Hyung!" Jungkook waves to four silhouettes standing at the hotel entrance, who rush out. 

Seokjin envelopes the three maknaes in a hug.

"H-Hyung, I can't breathe!" Jimin cries, trying to push against his hyung. 

"Where did you go?" Seokjin looks over at the three of them, his motherly voice returning. 

"The kitchen was scary," Jungkook shakes his head. "I don't wanna go there anymore." 

"How'd you even get into the kitchen?" Yoongi looks impressed. 

"I want to get into the kitchen and eat all the food!" Hoseok tugs on his hyung's arm, giving his signature grin.

"No one's getting into the kitchen and eating all the food," Seokjin says, wrapping a scarf around Hoseok's neck and placing earmuffs over his ears. He wraps another scarf around Jungkook, the younger squirming a little, laughing and screaming, "It's ticklish, hyung!" 

"If we get back fast enough, we'll be in time for dessert," Namjoon says. "Well, according to Hobeom-hyung." 

"What's dessert?" Taehyung looks interested. Yoongi rolls his eyes. Taehyung's always interested in anything that sounds food-related. 

"Chocolate cake," Namjoon raises an eyebrow. 

"Chocolate cake!" screams Jungkook and Taehyung. "Hyung! I wanna go back in! Pweeeeeaaaaase!" 

************************************************

"Hey, where'd you go?" Sungjae taps Taehyung's shoulder. 

"Uh, outside," Taehyung was too busy stuffing down his chocolate cake. His lips are smeared with chocolate. 

"Outside? Really?" Sungjae grins. "Minhyuk-hyung wanted to go outside too but Eunkwang-hyung said that we all needed to stay inside and watch the show." 

"Eunkwang-hyung sounds boring." 

"Hyung's really not," Sungjae says. "He's scared of scary things like Hobi-hyung."

Taehyung guffaws, nearly spitting out his chocolate cake. Namjoon slaps his back, "Don't laugh when eating, Tae. The last time you did that, you spit orange juice all over the ground." 

"Kookie tried to clean it up with a vacuum," Hoseok grins, looking at Jungkook, who looks up in confusion. 

The boys continued to eat their cakes, looking up occassionally to watch the countdown. It's less than a minute to midnight and everybody is anticipating the moment fireworks will light up the night sky. The ballroom they were in is a special room located outside the hotel, and the best part? Its roof opens up. 

"Three..." 

Seokjin looks up at the sky, and so does Yoongi and Jimin.

"Two..." 

Namjoon finishes up the raspberry on the cake as he looks up, along with Hoseok, mouth open and gaping at the sky. Jungkook notices and looks up too. 

"One..." 

Taehyung looks up.

The fireworks burst in the sky, sparks flying in showers of red, green, blue, yellow, pink, you name it, they have it. There were many excited squeals and screaming amongst the children. They yell and cheer as the fireworks rain down, fizzing into nothing. 

"How much do you think the fireworks cost?" Namjoon nudges Jimin, whom he's sitting beside.

"That one costs five million," Jimin points at a green one.

"That one's ten million," Namjoon points at a pink one.

"Why?" Yoongi asks, leaning in.

"Because it's prettier," Namjoon says, huffing as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Shush and enjoy the fireworks," Seokjin says, smacking Yoongi's head. 

Jungkook doesn't even listen to his hyungs' bickering as he looks up at the sky, holding Taehyung's hand as the two watch the fireworks explode above their heads.

****************************************

"He's so cuuuuuuute!" a noona pinches Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook sits there, not knowing how to respond. The only contact he ever gets from girls was when he needed to share his colouring book with them. Other than that, his interactions were all with his hyungs. So Jungkook just sits there, frozen, eyes wide.

"Kookie's so cute!" Jimin grins, and grabs Jungkook's arm, along with Taehyung. 

"H-Help, hyung..." Jungkook has his hair ruffled. 

Jungkook's practically swarmed by noonas, whether they are waitresses, from other families, but they seemed to know Jungkook one way or another. Jimin and Taehyung seem to be caught in the swarm too. 

"Kookie's having a fun time," Namjoon grins, his book in his hand. 

"Where did you sneak that in from?" Yoongi looks at Namjoon. 

"I have my ways." 

"I think Kookie needs our help," Seokjin looks over at the maknae. Well, it's really the free time where the children and adults get to mix around, and it looks like the maknae line's receiving a lot of attention.

"Kookie! I'm going to save you!" Hoseok cries, trying to run into the crowd, but Seokjin pulls him back by his collar. 

"You're going to get stomped on," says Seokjin as he watches the swarm from afar.

"Jackson!" Yoongi yells, waving their friend over to their table. Jackson walks over with Mark. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok immediately get into a heated conversation with Jackson and Mark about Jungkook's cuteness. 

"Hey, Jin!" 

Jin looks up to find Jongin and Sehun, Jongin's dongsaeng (by a few months, anyhow, and that makes Sehun Jin's age) and the maknae from the EXO family. 

"This is my dongsaeng, Sehun," Jongin grins, earning a slap from Sehun on the shoulder. "He's in the class next to ours...but he's your hyung by a few months." 

"Really?" Seokjin gives Sehun a once over. 

"Yah, I'm way smarter than him," Sehun grins. He spots someone...or something, in the distance. "I'm gonna go find Jongdae-hyung and Yixing-hyung." 

"Bye," Jongin waves a goodbye to Seokjin as he skips off with Sehun. 

"Okay, bye!" Seokjin waves and calls as he turns back to find Jungkook crying. Being the mother he is, he runs over and hugs Jungkook, along with Jimin and Taehyung. 

"Kookie, why're you crying?" 

"Some noona tried to pick him up and Jungkookie didn't like it and he wanted to get down but the noona didn't want him too," Taehyung explains. 

"It's okay, Kookie," Seokjin gathers him into a hug, as Jungkook sobs against his shoulder. "Hyung's here and I promise I won't let anybody pick you up again." 

"I want hyung to pick me up," Jungkook clings onto his hyung.

"Me too!' Jimin raises his hand. Taehyung follows suit. 

"You want to go back already?" Seokjin asks. 

"I wanna go outside," Jungkook says. "And make snow angels." 

Seokjin looks over to Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi and now the topic seems to have changed to the most powerful Pokemon in the universe. 

"No, it's Arceus!" 

"It can't be! Genesect's so cool!" 

"What? But Xerneas is cute!" 

"Yeah, Igglybuff's cute but it's not as great as Mewtwo!" 

Seokjin shakes his head as he leads the maknae line outside.

******************************************************

"Seokjin-hyung! See! The snow angels we made just now!" Jungkook points to the ground. The snow had stopped when they went in, so the snow angels are perfectly preserved in the snow. 

"It's really pretty, right, hyung?" Taehyung pulls on Seokjin's hand. 

"Of course it's pretty. It's made by you three boys," Seokjin ruffles each of their hair. "What do you want to do outside?" 

Seokjin doesn't even have to wait for a response when a snowball flies his way and hits him square on the cheek.

"Snowball fight!" Jimin cries, hurling another snowball Jungkook's way. Jungkook squeals and hides behind Seokjin, the elder taking the snowball to the shoulder.

"Hey, you got a head-start! Not fair!" Seokjin cries, running behind a tree, and making sure Jungkook doesn't get too cold, while avoiding another snowball thrown his way. 

"Yah!" Taehyung rolls up a snowball and throws it Seokjin's way, missing him just by an inch. 

And that's how the night went.

************************************************

"Jungkookie's asleep," Seokjin yawns as Hobeom carries Jungkook and Bang Sihyuk carries Jimin and Taehyung who are clinging to his back as if for dear life, even in sleep. Namjoon is nearly falling asleep also, leaning on Yoongi's shoulder as his hand carries his thick book. Seokjin swears Namjoon is reading a dictionary. Seokjin himself has to hold Hoseok's hand and keep him awake as they make the walk from the hotel to the two cars waiting outside for them.

"Go in," Seokjin helps Hoseok into the car, and he starts on his thumb as Hoseok peacefully falls asleep. Meanwhile, Hobeom places Jungkook in the toddler's seat in the other car before helping to peel Jimin and Taehyung off Bang Sihyuk's back. Namjoon crawls into the car and leans on Yoongi's shoulder, the two of them falling asleep not long after. 

Seokjin himself is the last one to get into the car which Bang Sihyuk is driving. 

As he waits for the engine to warm up, Seokjin leans against the car door and falls asleep.