Bangtan at the hospital (#1)

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Right, this is in response to helloyoona's request. I'm not sure if this is what you have in mind, but here you go! Hope you enjoy as usual! The Tae special will come up on 17th (because I'm flying overseas on the 18th and I won't be at home for Tae's birthday...*sobs*)...so okay...that means I won't be able to write from 18th--21st. I'll trying to get the requests done asap.

>u<. Baby Kookie that angelbtslover requested (idk if this is what you have in mind but well...my drawing skills aren't up to par...)

gu8qLenH-YXrCBGfqTt1otE0aFpbPwIyQ37GaJOa

*****************************************

"HYUNG!" 

Seokjin just wants a day off where he can stay at home and play Super Mario. This is his second last day of holidays and he wants to spend it as he wants it. He buries his head in his pillow, trying to drown out Taehyung and Jimin's screams from outside his room.

"You'd better answer the door, hyung," Yoongi says, his earphones in his ears and bobbing his head to the music. 

Seokjin flicks the off button on his 3DS and walks over to the door, yawning. It's only 7:30am in the morning. Maybe Jimin and Taehyung are hungry or something? Or they just want to play with him. 

"What?" Seokjin pulls open the door, irritated, but his irritation fades when he sees Jimin and Taehyung crying.

"H-Hobi-hyung...he..." Jimin can barely get a sentence out without bursting into another bout of tears.

"Hobi-hyung fell off the tree!" 

Seokjin doesn't know whether to feel worried for Hoseok or to berate their carelessness. 

And a tree? What was he doing up there in the first place? 

"What happened?" Yoongi jumps up from his bed. 

Seokjin runs down to the garden, with Yoongi in tow.

**************************************************

Hoseok's arm is bent at an odd angle, and he's bawling, realizing his arm can't move.

"Shh, it's okay," Seokjin doesn't even dare touch his arm. "Yoongi, go call the ambulance," Seokjin says. Yoongi, without saying a word, nods. Seokjin turns back to Hoseok. 

"It's going to be okay. Hyung will make sure you're safe."

"Really?" Hoseok looks up at Seokjin with teary eyes.

"Yup. Hey, have you heard the story about the peach and the frog..." 

**************************************************

Right after Seokjin has finished telling Hoseok about a story about how Peach wanted to explore the world and met Blue, a frog, he hears the sirens of the ambulance. He looks over to the doorway and finds the paramedics making their way over to them and helping Hoseok onto a bed with wheels.

"Hyung, where am I going?" Hoseok looks up in fear.

"The hospital. Hyung will follow you." 

"Do you have an adult in the house?" one of the paramedics asks.

"Uh, no." 

"But do you have a parent or a guardian?" she asks again.

"There's Bang Sihyuk-hyung. He's not our parent. Just our guardian." 

"Oh, alright. Any chance you know his number?" 

Seokjin recites a bunch of numbers over to the paramedic, and then she leads him onto the ambulance. He nearly does a double-take as the paramedics ask, "Do you want to come too?" 

Who else is coming? Seokjin turns his head and...

The rest of the boys are standing there, peering up at the ambulance.

"Yeah!" they chorus, and pile into the ambulance with Seokjin.

Well, this is going to be a long trip.

**************************************************

Seokjin tries to get the ringing out of his ears by shaking his head a few times, but the ringing just isn't going away. Somehow, in the middle of the trip, Taehyung and Jimin started arguing about who was going to take better care of Hoseok, and Jungkook was pestering Yoongi about the music the latter listens to, and even asking for his earphones, but Yoongi refuses to give them to Jungkook, so... But Namjoon is just standing at the corner, reading a book he brought along. Hoseok is sleeping...surprisingly, after that painful experience.

So Seokjin is having a massive headache right now. 

He walks out of the ambulance, ears still ringing, and Hoseok is wheeled out, brought into the ambulance and into a ward. 

"I'm sorry, but you would have to wait outside for a while," one of the nurses say to boys.

"Right, you guys better wait out here," Seokjin tells them as the nurse closes the door behind her, leaving the six of them outside. "Don't do anything that's bad and will get us into trouble." 

But of course, were his instructions ever heeded? 

***************************************************

"Namjoon, where did Jimin and Tae go?" 

Namjoon looks up from his book, "I dunno." He's seated comfortably on the soft, cushiony bench, with Yoongi beside him.

"Please don't say they're gone..." Seokjin buries his head in his hands. He just went to the toilet...for less than a minute and the Double Trouble duo--Seokjin looks around--and Jungkook, are gone. Now he has to go find them.

"They're gone," Yoongi says, not even looking up from his iPod. 

Trying hard not to scream their names at the top of his lungs, Seokjin says to Yoongi and Namjoon, "Stay here and don't move." 

"Wait, before you go, hyung, what does this word mean?" Namjoon points to a word in his book. Seokjin walks over to him, takes a look at the word, and snatches the book from Namjoon. 

"What kind of books are you reading, Kim Namjoon?" Seokjin glares at him. 

"Uh...books...y'know," Namjoon suddenly looks uncomfortable. 

"Too. Young," Seokjin says, taking the book with him as he goes off to find the Double Trouble duo and Jungkook. 

"Wait, hyung. My earphones are entangled," Yoongi shows Seokjin his earphones. Strange. Seokjin swears they were fine just a second ago. He takes the earphones from Yoongi and tries to untangle them, moving the earphone buds about until they are nice and straight again. You're great at this, Kim Seokjin. Utterly perfect. You untangled it in ten seconds.

He looks back towards Yoongi, staring up at him with his big eyes as Seokjin gives him back the earphones. 

"Done. Now I really need to go find them," Seokjin says.

"Pretty sure they went that way," Yoongi points to a corridor, and Seokjin nods, walking down that path.

**********************************************

After a good twenty minutes of walking down the corridor, Seokjin doesn't even catch a sign of the three maknaes. Sighing, he reaches the end of the corridor and decides to turn back.

When he walks back, he swears his pockets have gotten considerably lighter. Was it just him, or...Seokjin reaches into his pockets. His wallet was gone! Where did it go? He was sure he had it when he came to the hospital. Did he drop it somewhere as he was searching for them? Now he has to retrace his steps.

Seokjin makes his way back to Hobi's ward. 

That is...if he can find his way back. Well, there were a lot of twisting turns here and there and...

Where in the world is he? 

Just then, he sees a nurse passing by. 

"U-Um, may I ask where's ward..." Seokjin thinks back. Hard. He can't even remember the ward's number. 

"Do you want me to direct you the counter? You can ask for the patient's name there." 

"Uh, alright. Thanks, noona!" 

"No problem," the nurse brings Seokjin down to the counter.

"Yes? Which patient are you looking for?" the noona at the counter asks.

"Jung Hoseok." 

The nurse taps in a few keys into the keyboard, and says, "He's in ward 205. It's just along that way." 

"Thank you!" Seokjin bows, before heading down the corridor of wards.

"Where were you, hyung?" Namjoon asks. 

Yoongi is gone.

"Where's Yoongi?" Seokjin asks, scratching his head. 

"He said he was going to the toilet," Namjoon says. 

"Do you know where my wallet has gone?" 

"Nope." 

If he loses it...Seokjin shivers. He doesn't want to think about that.

He sits outside the ward. "The maknaes aren't back yet?" 

"Nope." 

Seokjin sits, waiting.

********************************************

"No, we need to get Hobi-hyung this one," Taehyung says, holding up a green alien stuffed toy. 

"That's a little lame," Yoongi mutters. 

The three maknaes and Yoongi are at the toy store just on the first floor in the hospital. They'd managed to sneak past Seokjin without him noticing, and had Yoongi steal his wallet. Yoongi takes out the wallet and looks through Seokjin's money.

"We're rich," Yoongi grins. "We can buy anything we want." 

"Hobi-hyung likes flowers. Let's get him these!" Jimin goes over to the plastic flowers section, and picks out a bouquet of white roses. 

"He likes green stuff," Jungkook says.

"B-But the roses are pretty," Jimin pouts, putting the roses back where they belong on the shelf.

"I don't know how long it'll take Jin-hyung to find us," Yoongi says. "Come on, let's buy something and go." 

"How about the green alien?" Taehyung pouts, talking as if Yoongi never spoke. "It's green." 

"But I don't know whether Hobi-hyung likes aliens." 

"You just said he likes green stuff," Taehyung says, running back to the stuffed toy shelf and takes the green alien. "So the alien it is." 

"Let's let Kookie decide," Jimin says, holding out another bunch of roses--red ones this time, and Taehyung holds out his alien. 

"Which one do you want?" 

Jungkook looks over at the two items and ponders.

He decides and finally reaches out towards one...

********************************************************

"You said Yoongi went to the toilet," Seokjin says accusingly. 

"Yeah, I don't know why he's taking so long," Namjoon says, scratching his head. A doctor emerges from the room.

"I'm sure he's alright now," the doctor says. "He was a brave boy..." 

Seokjin has to stifle a laugh, while Namjoon just bursts out laughing. Looking at them with confused expressions, the doctor continues, "You can go in now." 

"I'll go look for them later," Seokjin thinks to himself, as he enters the ward.

Hoseok is asleep. Interesting. How is that even possible? Seokjin moves to beside his bed and lets him sleep. It must've been stressful for the kid. 

"Hyung! We're back!" 

Seokjin looks up and finds Yoongi and the three maknaes, running into the room.

"Where in the world did you go?!" Seokjin fights to contain his voice, but when he sees Taehyung clutching a little green alien, running over to Hoseok.

"Here, hyung," Yoongi hands Seokjin back his wallet. Half of Seokjin wants to clutch the wallet and thank his lucky stars that he didn't just lose it and the other half just wants to yell at the kids for disappearing on him.

He turns to Namjoon. Wait a minute...was Namjoon in on the plan too? 

"My acting was great, right, hyung?" Namjoon grins, showing a peace sign. 

"Yeah, it's great," Seokjin says, barely paying any attention to him. Now he just wants to get to the bottom of this. How his dongsaengs always manage to plot things without him knowing is beyond him.

"Where did you guys go?" Seokjin asks, walking over to them.

"Oh, look, there's Hobi-hyung!" Jungkook cries, wobbling over to him, with Taehyung and Jimin in tow, ignoring Seokjin completely. Exasperated, Seokjin turns to Yoongi, pleading for an explanation with his eyes.

"We went to get Hobi a present. You know. Because he's hurt," Yoongi says, shrugging.

Seokjin sighs, "How much did that toy cost?" 

Yoongi states a number. Seokjin's eyes almost pop out of his head. Did he hear correctly? Was Yoongi playing with him? 

"You're kidding? That thing?" Seokjin points at the green alien that Jungkook is tucking into Hoseok's arm. 

"It's for Hobi-hyung. Besides, it wasn't much," Yoongi defends, before walking past Seokjin and towards Hoseok, who's woken up.

"Huh? Kookie?" Hoseok yawns as he sees the maknae right beside him. He hugs the alien. "It looks like Tae." 

"He's my cousin," Taehyung says. "Take good care of him!" 

"Yay! Let's play, Tae-cousin!" Hoseok grins, hugging the alien even tighter. His other arm is in a cast. 

Seokjin looks at his dongsaengs, laughing and yelling as usual. He scratches his head, looking at Hoseok's cast. He couldn't take care of his dongsaengs well enough and...Seokjin sighs. 

He doesn't want to bring his dongsaengs to the hospital again.

***************************************

1 month later...

"Hyung!" 

Seokjin groans as he enters the house after coming home from school. The kindergarten had a day off and...why must his dongsaengs be calling him again? Seokjin sees Hoseok, with his arm still in a cast, pointing frantically in the direction of their bedroom.

"What now?" 

"I-I think Tae broke his ankle." 

Seokjin breaks into a run.

***************************************

"You fell off your bed." 

"Yeah," Taehyung looks apologetic. "P-Please don't be mad, hyung..." 

Seokjin dials the number for the ambulance. Within a month, Hobi broke his arm and Tae broke his leg. How did he even do that from falling off the bed he didn't know. 

He sighs as the telephone operator picks up.

**************************************

Just a little note: the incident with Tae is totally possible. My friend broke her leg for a good 5-6 months just because she FELL OFF HER BED and it's not even a double decker it's a SINGLE BED.