Bangtan at a birthday

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

A/N: First of all, I decided to do this before the christmas one because it's a request haha. I realized I probably excluded the hyung line a little and so...tada! Seokjin, Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok preparing for little Jungkook's birthday! I don't know whether it's what you wanted but here: 

************************************************

"Hobi, can you get the streamers over there?" Seokjin shouts as he throws seaweed into the pot of boiling water. The five-year-old stumbles into the kitchen, tangled in a bunch of red, blue and yellow streamers. 

"Yoongi, go help Hoseok. I need to cook," Seokjin says, turning down the fire. "Namjoon, keep an eye on the kids. Make sure they don't know what we're doing." He can just imagine the chaos when Taehyung or Jimin finds out. There'd be cake everywhere and the presents will be in tatters before the party even started. Not to mention they'd go around popping the balloons in their ears and scaring everyone...especially little Jungkook. That's right--Jungkook's turning three already. 

"Hang the streamers up there!" Seokjin says, gesturing towards the wall of the doorway with Hoseok. After a bout of bickering about whether to use the red streamers or the yellow streamers, Hoseok and Yoongi finally decides on the blue streamers and hang them across the kitchen, over the table the group of seven boys will be using for their dinner.

"Bang Sihyuk-hyung sent us a cake for Jungkook earlier, didn't he?" Seokjin asks, turning off the fire, and dipping a spoon into the seaweed soup, about to try it. He sips at the soup, realizing it's perfect and leaves the cap on the pot. "Yoongi, can you go get it?" Yoongi runs off towards the hall and returns with a white box. He climbs onto a chair (Seokjin's holding his breath) and places the box onto the table. Seokjin climbs onto another chair and opens the box. The cake is still plain white and beside the cake are tiny bags of icing and chocolate pens. 

"Great!" Yoongi takes the chocolate pen out of the cake box and begin on its end, squeezing the chocolate out from the other side. Hoseok notices what his hyung is doing and does the same. So now that's two out of five chocolate pens gone...Seokjin picks one up and begins writing 'Happy Birthday Jungkook' on the creamy, white surface of the cake. 

"Lemme help," Hoseok takes the pen out of his mouth and he almost manages to squeeze some chocolate mixed with saliva out before Seokjin bats his hand away.

"Go get another one," Yoongi says, and hands Hoseok another pen. Hoseok begins doodling weird scribbles on the cake, much to Seokjin's dismay. Yoongi takes his own chocolate pen (the last one) and begins drawing a balloon over Hoseok's scribbles. But, then again, it doesn't really look like a balloon--what with Yoongi's horrible aesthetic sense. It looks more like an apple with a line running from it. Happy Birthday Jungkook can barely be seen from whatever Yoongi and Hoseok had drawn and written over the cake.

Seokjin sighs.

***************************************

"Hyung! Come play with me!" Jungkook holds up a box of Lego. Namjoon nods and sits down, taking pieces of Lego out of the box. Taehyung, who has been playing with Jimin, rush over. 'We wanna play too!" 

Namjoon grins wide as Jungkook pours all the Lego pieces out of the box. The four children begin piling Lego piece on Lego piece, before coming up with a beautiful tower of multicolored Lego pieces. 

"I wanna show it to Seokjin-hyung," Jimin begins for the door, Taehyung following after him.

"W-Wait! Hyung said--" Namjoon jumps from where he was sitting when his foot catches on air and he falls over, smashing the whole Lego building. Jimin and Taehyung turn to see the disturbance, their eyes opening wide and staring at the mess. Jungkook just looks shocked enough. Namjoon, meanwhile, is getting painfully stabbed by the edges of the Lego pieces.

There is a moment of silence before...

Jungkook starts bawling his eyes out, and so do Jimin and Taehyung. Namjoon, cheeks turning pink, tries to put the Lego building back together, but no matter what he does, the building just keeps falling apart. He looks down at the Lego pieces in half-amusement, half-panic.

Namjoon gets up. This is a job for hyung.

***************************************

"Namjoon!" Seokjin hauls his six-year-old self up the stairs, before pushing the door open. "Namjoon! You can come down now--"

"Sorry hyung, I broke the...Lego," Namjoon looks around at the three crying toddlers, on the verge of bursting into tears himself.

Seokjin walks into the room and hugs Jungkook. "Come on, Omma Jin's going to bring you downstairs for your birthday, okay?" Jungkook sniffles and cries into Seokjin's shirt as Seokjin brings Jungkook downstairs. As a three-year-old he's getting pretty heavy to carry, even for Seokjin. Seokjin looks over at Yoongi and Hoseok, the latter dipping his finger into the cream of the cake.

"Don't, Hoseok," Seokjin says, wagging a finger at his dongsaeng. Hoseok pouts and off whatever cream is on his finger. Seokjin lets Jungkook sit in his baby seat as he starts pouring soup from the large pot to the bowl. Hobi begins making faces at Jungkook, managing to get the latter to laugh. Seokjin then goes up to call the rest.

"The cake is ready!" Seokjin says. He goes up to lead three sobbing toddlers--Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung--down to the kitchen. Jimin is clutching his monkey toy, Taehyung his V-lion and Namjoon his notepad with toddler scribbles all over it. Seokjin helps them climb into their seats before taking his own, Yoongi and Hoseok already seated at their seats.

"Hoseok, did you eat the cake already?" Seokjin folds his arms, pretending to be angry like what Bang Sihyuk-hyung does when he's mad.

"Some of it," Hoseok says. "I didn't eat the whole thnig." 

Well, the cake is still intact...Seokjin places candles on the cake and Jungkook giggles as Seokjin carefully lights the candles with a matchstick. He goes over to the sink to wash the fire away and throw away the matchstick.

Hoseok bursts into the song of "Happy Birthday" and soon the whole group of boys join in save for Jungkook. He claps his hands happily as he watches his hyungs sing the song for him.

"See, your birthday pwesents!" Jimin holds out a cutout of a rose from a filmsy piece of paper. Jungkook grins and takes the rose, about to put it into his mouth when Seokjin takes the rope from him and places it on the table. "You can't eat paper, Jungkook." 

"But hyung said...hyung said that is a fwower! You can eat fwowers!" 

Seokjin shoots the best face he can to express anger at Taehyung and Jimin, but then again how can he stay mad at those two staring up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Anyway, you can't eat flowers," says Seokjin. "Have you said thank you to Jimin and Taehyung yet?"

"T-Tank yew," Jungkook says, biting his lip.

"That's better," Seokjin ruffles Jungkook's hair as he cuts up the cake with the plastic knife and places a slice of the cake on each of the boys' plates, finally letting the boys giggle and whisper about anything and feeding Jungkook his seaweed soup. Jungkook bites the spoon, refusing to let him.

"Yah, Jungkook!" Seokjin wrests the spoon away from the boy's mouth. That's when Seokjin notices that Jungkook has more teeth now, unlike that first bunny teeth he sported when he was six months old.

"Heh, you're growing up, little man." 

Jungkook beams up at Seokjin.

****************************************************

"HYUNG, JIMIN KEEPS THROWING CAKE AT ME!" 

"HYUNG, NAMJOON-HYUNG DROPPED THE PLATE!"

"HYUNG, WHY DOES JUNGKOOK GET SEAWEED SOUP AND I DON'T?"

After three or so years living with these boys, Seokjin has learnt to drown our whatever unwanted sounds that come flooding into his ears and just simply enjoy his meal. He'll clean the plate up later. Right now he just needs the boys out of the kitchen. 

"Alright, boys, go to bed. I'll clean up the plate later," Seokjin calls from the kitchen.

"Okay, hyung!" Jimin and Namjoon grin as they walk from the kitchen. 

After finishing his share of the cake, Seokjin takes all the plates to the sink and leaves it there while he gets a tiny broom and sweep the broken pieces of the plate out to the door. He gets Yoongi to open the door and he sweeps all the remnants of the plates outside. He covers the remnants with the mat and walks back into the house, ready to get the boys to bed.

He gives Jungkook his bath and in turn helps Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon with theirs. Thankfully, Yoongi can bathe by himself.

Seokjin makes a mental note to teach Hoseok and Namjoon how to bathe by themselves next year, when they're six and old enough.

**************************************************

"Come on, Jungkookie, it's a surprise!" Jimin grasps Jungkook's hand as the now three-year-old yawn and rub his eyes while his hand holds onto his bunny toy. 

"Hyung, what's a surprise?" 

"It's something that makes you happy," Jimin grins, and opens the door to their bedroom--the one he shares wtih Jungkook and Taehyung...and sometimes Hoseok but Hoseok is usually in the other room because he's scared of what goes bump in the night. 

Like the bogeyman, Jimin thinks to himself. But the bogeyman doesn't exist and Hobi-hyung is just scared for nothing. Jimin opens the door and Jungkook sees all his hyungs, all with presents in their arms. Grinning and forgetting all about Jimin, Jungkook runs over to his hyungs, snatching the presents and ripping open the wrapping paper. Most of them are stuffed toys to add to Jungkook's stuffed animals collection, such as another stuffed bunny, a stuffed teddy bear, a stuffed and cute bee and a stuffed monkey. Jimin holds up his own. "See, we got the same monkey!" 

"Yay!" Jungkook holds up his own monkey. He throws all his new stuffed toys onto his bed. "See, Mr. Snuff, this is Mr. Buzz. You better take care of Mr. Buzz, okay?" Jungkook puts the stuffed bee next to a teddy bear wearing spectacles. He then starts introducing his new stuffed toys to his old collection while the hyungs just watch on.

"Are you tired, Kookie?" Hoseok asks, hugging Jungkook. 

"Yeah," Jungkook can barely keep his eyes open as he rubs them and yawns. 

"Alright, let hyung put you to bed and you can sleep," Seokjin says. "The rest of you can go to your rooms first." 

"Okay," Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi head out of the room to the room they share with Seokjin.

"Have a good night, Kookie," says Seokjin as he covers Jungkook with a blanket and tucks Taehyung and Jimin in. When he's sure he hears Jungkook's even berathing, he goes over to the bunk bed Taehyung and Jimin. They're also knocked out on the bed. Seokjin kisses their foreheads goodnight before heading out of the room and heading to his own.

Their maknae is growing up.

************************************************