*J-Hope special: Will you be my Valentine?

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

A short chapter dedicated to our sunshine, J-Hope cos Valentine Day was two days ago! My school had this thing where you can write messages to your friends tied to balloons and on Thursday they received the balloons. Lmao I didn't get one cos my friends are too lazy and too thrifty to spend like six bucks on a balloon haha. 

Quick Question: How did you guys celebrate Valentine's Day? 

And enjoy this Hobi special! Decided to publish it on the day between Hobi's b'day and Valentines' Day (although in Korea, boys give presents to girls on White Day, which is on March 14th and girls give boys presents on Valentine's Day) 

P.S. I have absolutely no idea how to make chocolates imma so sorry i never made it in my life and I'm sorry if this chappie focuses on the Valentine aspect more than Hobi...tho the last part is dedicated to him (I feel Hobi's the type of person who's so quiet and nervous around his crush hehe bias feels

ANYWAY HAPPY B'DAY HOBI (2 DAYS IN ADVANCE)

CXkrzRDWQAAKnuL.jpg:orig

************************************************************************

"It's Valentine's Day, hyung!" Jimin cries, running into the room, where Seokjin is stirring a pot full of chocolate concoction. It's a brown murky color, but Jimin can smell the sweetness of it all.

"Yeah, I know," Seokjin nods. Valentine's Day just happened to fall on a Sunday today, so Seokjin has an entire morning to make the chocolates. He's gotten up earlier than Jimin, and that's saying something, especially since Jimin is a morning person and Jimin is usually the one who wakes up earlier than the rest of the boys. Usually, Seokjin will make chocolates for the other six boys, and since one year ago, Jimin's friend, Hwa. That's seven people in all. This year, however, he makes it a point to make chocolates enough for eight.

Especially since he noticed his dongsaeng getting a little...close...with a girl.

He noticed it, when he fetched his dongsaengs from the preschool after his school is over, how Namjoon will be reading a book, Jimin will have just come from playing in the sandbox with Hwa and maybe Yoongi. Taehyung will say a goodbye to Sungjae and Jungkook and Sanghyuk will always refuse to let go of each other, always role-playing as Pokemon or Legend of Zelda or even Kirby.

Hoseok used to play with Namjoon and Jaehwan and Hongbin, but it doesn't take a genius to see that Hoseok's always saying goodbye to a girl, somebody by the name of Saera, not to mention that, according to Jimin who is a huge tattler, Hobi-hyung always borrowed stuff from Saera and gave her tiny presents like cute Hello Kitty pencils and even a My Melody pencil case once (Seokjin once asked why he likes My Melody and Hello Kitty when he was a boy, but Hoseok just replied that he likes everything...that kid). 

Seokjin kind of expects Hoseok or even Yoongi, who's taken a liking to a girl named Dahyun in his class, and after a little research on his part, Dahyun is from the TWICE family, who lives a little far from them, but not that far, seeing as they go to the same school. Usually, students will go to the school in the vicinity of their homes. Seokjin had teased Yoongi about it, but the younger had said that he needn't the elder's help, so Seokjin leaves Yoongi up to his own devices. He swears that upstairs, in about an hour (Yoongi wakes up around ten on Sundays), Yoongi will be up and trying to make a paper rose which will leave a mess for Seokjin to clean up.  

"Hyung? Why're you up so early?" 

Seokjin turns at that voice--Namjoon. 

"Where's Hoseok?" Seokjin asks, as Namjoon sits down at his table, rubbing his eye, expression still sleepy.

"Is that chocolate?" Namjoon sniffs the air. 

"Yup," Seokjin nods. "You'll get yours later." 

"Then why don't get any, hyung?" Jimin asks, pouting and grabbing his hyung's arm, almost flipping the bowl of chocolate over, but Seokjin steadies it just in time, glaring a second at Jimin before turning to the younger. "You'll get yours too." 

"Are we gonna visit Hwa today?" Namjoon looks at the heart-shaped sandwich on the table for a while before his sleepy mind registers that it's breakfast and he eats it.

"If Jimin wants to," Seokjin says, and the younger grins, jumping on the spot. "Can we, hyung?" 

"Yeah, why not?" In fact, he's asked Ailee if they could go over for Valentine's Day already before the day actually arrived.

"Go wake your brothers up later," Seokjin says. "Especially Hobi." 

"Okay!" Jimin runs up to the room, screaming something Seokjin can't make out.

"You planned it, didn't you, hyung?" Namjoon asks, mouth full of sandwich.

"Yeah," Seokjin nods, sighing as he pours the melted chocolate into chocolate moulds and putting the tray into the oven.

***********************************************************

"So, I heard TWICE is going over to Ailee's house too," Seokjin grins at Yoongi, who's prodding at his sandwich. Yoongi's never really liked tuna anyway. Seokjin swears he sees his dongsaeng's face flare up. 

"Yeah, okay," comes the reply. 

"And we're going over later," Seokjin says. Jimin can't stop grinning and talking to Taehyung about how kind and polite Hwa is, and how fun she is, while Taehyung looks like he's barely taking anything in. Jungkook is just staring blankly at his hyung, while Yoongi's just talking with Namjoon (with the younger teasing his hyung), while Seokjin notices that Hoseok is quieter than usual. 

"Hyung, I need to tell you a secret." 

Seokjin smiles, already knowing what his dongsaeng wants to tell him, and he's glad that the rest of his dongsaengs are occupied (Jungkook and Jimin listening to Taehyung telling them about this story about his and Sungjae's adventure through that hole-in-the-fence, out of the preschool during their break. Seokjin makes a mental note to talk to him about that later. Yoongi is being teased by Namjoon). If not, they'd be dying to hear the secret as much as Seokjin is now. 

"Finish your breakfast first," Seokjin says, finishing up his own sandwich before bringing his (and Namjoon's) plate to the sink, preparing to wash them, before he's being tackled by Jungkook and Jimin and Taehyung who hands him their plates (aka throwing it into the sink with a loud clatter). Hoseok and Yoongi hand them to him (yes, they handed it to him) and Seokjin washes all the plates. He glances at the clock on the wall: it's ten o'clock, way earlier than he expected...and besides, it's almost lunch. They're planning to go over to Hwa's house at eleven o'clock, and stay until twelve, in which they'll return home and spend the rest of the day at home. What a great idea.

Hoseok pulls on his hyung's arm as they head up the stairs and Hoseok shuts the door to the hyung's bedroom and shuffles over to Seokjin, face already turning a bright shade of red.

"Ummm...hyung, I think I really like Saera." 

"Of course you do," Seokjin says without thinking. He's seen him with her a lot of times.

"I'm serious, hyung!" Hoseok is swaying on the balls of his feet, ears tinged the same shade of red as his cheeks as he bites his lip. If Seokjin doesn't do something about his dongsaeng's embarrassed (and cute) state, Hoseok's probably going to shove his thumb into his mouth again, and getting him to get rid of that habit is a nightmare to Seokjin. 

Prevention's better than cure, they say. 

"Guess what, hyung?" Hoseok's eyes suddenly twinkle. 

"What?" 

"I asked if Saera could come over, and she said yes!" 

Seokjin's jaw hits the ground. To imagine that his dongsaeng can even think of such a thing...and succeeding. "When are they coming?" 

"1pm." 

Seokjin heaves a sigh. At least they'll be back from Hwa's house before twelve-thirty. That'll give him time to prepare. 

"Jin-hyung! Let's go!" 

Seokjin grins at Hoseok, whose face still looks very red, and he chuckles at his dongsaeng. "You don't want to mess up in front of Saera, right?" 

Hoseok nods. 

"I'll make sure you'll look like a gentleman." 

**************************************************************************

"Jiminnieeee!" Hwa cries, grinning as she opens the door and throws her arms around Jimin, a bag of cookies in her hands. Jimin is nearly knocked back by the force and almost falls onto Seokjin, who catches the two and steadies them.

"Don't suffocate the poor boy," Ailee mutters, walking over, and grinning at the rest. "Come on in, Seokjinnie and company." 

"Thank you, noona," Seokjin nods, smiling back at the girl he considers his older sister, especially since he sees her every day--either in school or when they're picking up their dongsaengs from the preschool (and often, Jimin and Hwa will run up to their respective hyung and unnie together, giggling and laughing. Ailee swears to Seokjin that Jimin is a bad influence on her little angel, but Seokjin has to agree, ever since he saw them covered in mud and sand with a caterpillar on Hwa's hair that she didn't know about...boy, that girl can scream).

Seokjin and company steps into Ailee and Hwa's large house, and immediately, Seokjin can hear the screaming of some girls from the second floor. He looks up, and sees a huddle of nine girls crouching around the railing, looking at them. 

Seokjin waves to them, and three of them scream. They really scream.

"Who're those?" Jungkook asks Taehyung, but the older grins as he sees his tablemate, Tzuyu, smiling and waving at him. 

Yoongi can't stop the flush of red as he sees his crush, Dahyun, smiling and waving at him, and he has his rose prepared in his hand to give to her. He wants to make it special--and special it will be. 

"Momo! Chaeyoung! Girls! Come down and meet Bangtan!" Ailee calls, before retreating to the kitchen--probably to prepare lunch.

"Coming!" someone shouts, and in a second, all nine of them are right in front of Bangtan, staring up at the boys with shy smiles and bashful grins. Seokjin side-eyes Yoongi, but Yoongi is biting his lip, and greeting Mina and Sana, completely avoiding Dahyun altogether. He wonders when Yoongi is going to get enough courage to give the rose to Dahyun.

Seokjin realizes Hoseok isn't as lively either, not even as he is talking to Jungyeon and Tzuyu with Taehyung and Jungkook. Hwa is introducing Dahyun to Jimin, who's awkwardly saying hi. 

"Hi, Seokjin-oppa!" a girl suddenly pops up in front of Seokjin, whom he recognizes as Nayeon. She's looking as shy as Hoseok this morning. "Here's a Valentine's Day gift for you!" 

Seokjin receives the teddy bear--its fur fluffy and soft to the touch. "Thanks!" 

Nayeon looks like she's hyperventilating as she smiles back at him, "You're really pretty, Seokjin-oppa!" 

"I know," Seokjin grins. 

"But you don't use pretty for boys, Nayeon!" a girl slaps the back of Nayeon's head--Seokjin knows her as Jisoo. "It's handsome!" 

"You're so handsome, Seokjin-oppa!" Nayeon giggles, and with Jisoo, the three of them start up a conversation.

***************************************************************
It isn't long before they have to go, but not before Yoongi talks to Dahyun and present her his rose, and not before Jimin gives his chocolates to Hwa, which he does quite easily. 

"U-Umm...Dahyun?" 

"Hmm?" Dahyun looks towards Yoongi, who shyly taps her shoulder.

"I-I-I just wa-wanna s-say that I-I-I w-weally l-like you, so..." Yoongi stutters out, his hands clenching around the stalk of that paper rose he spent all morning making--he even got up at eight am just to make it. He brings it out from behind his back. "I-I wanna know if y-you like me back...?" He ends his sentence in a question, though Yoongi is half-positive she'd say no.

Dahyun takes the rose from him, smiling. "You're so cute, Yoongi! And I like you back!" 

Yoongi feels his heart flutter.

*******************************************************************

"That was so fun!" Jungkook grins, jumping on the sofa. "I mean, Tzuyu-noona is nice!" 

"Of course she is," says Taehyung. "What are you talking about?" He slaps the back of Jungkook's head.

"Alright, I need to go prepare," Seokjin says. "Saera is coming over later." 

"Saera? Oh, that girl?" Namjoon looks interested. "You mean that girl that Hobi likes?" 

"That's hyung to you!" Hoseok mutters a little irritably, though Seokjin can tell he's really nervous, biting his nails...another habit Seokjin will have to make sure he grows out of soon.

"Okay, whatever, hyung," Namjoon grins, going up to his room, pulling Jungkook and Taehyung along. Jimin is simply stuffing his face with the cookies that Hwa has given him earlier. Yoongi has long ago retired to his room, wallowing in his self-pity about how his confession was so bad and the last time Seokjin checked up on him, he was covering his face with his pillow and hiding under his blankets. 

"It's another thirty minutes to one," Seokjin says. "Why don't you go up and get some rest...and bathe while you're at it?" 

"O-Okay," Hoseok nods, going up to his room to get a spare change of clothes as he bounds towards the bathroom.

*********************************************************************

Seokjin goes up to check on Hoseok, and finds him with just shorts on as he decides what clothes to wear. ("Hyung always wears pink so just wear pink," Namjoon says. Hoseok threw a pillow at him). Seokjin moves over to the closet and grabs the first shirt he sees--a red shirt that looks fitting on Hoseok. He helps his dongsaeng get dressed and closes the closet door, where the mirror is on, and lets Hoseok see his own reflection. 

In fact, he doesn't look bad. Hoseok looks cute, in fact, with those puffed up cheeks and that adorable red shirt with hearts on it, and blue shorts. Not to mention his hair curtaining his forehead and his red ears, complementing his shirt.

"Yeah, go show Saera what you've got, Hobi," Seokjin grins, and Namjoon laughs. Yoongi still kicking his blanket and too embarrassed to say anything else except about how bad his confession went. "The chocolates are on the table." 

"Y-Yeah," Hoseok nods, going down to the first floor and grabbing the bag of chocolates on the table. His brothers have already wolfed down the chocolates meant for them. (Jungkook tried to steal Taehyung's, but the elder is quick and caught the younger in the act...and they started an argument which Seokjin had to break up by threatening not to make chocolates for them next year). 

Ding-dong.

Hoseok gulps down more saliva as he goes to the door and opens it. 

And comes face to face with Saera...and her brother.

"W-What are you doing here?!" Seokjin literally jumps three feet into the air.

"Hiiii, Hobi!" Saera smiles her blinding smile. "This is Kim Jongin, my cousin." 

Oh, her cousin, not her brother. 

"What a nice way to greet me, Jinnie," Jongin winks. "I heard she wanted to come to Bangtan's house and I thought, why not pay Jinnie a visit while I'm there?" 

"Thanks, bro!" Seokjin grins, hi-fiving Jongin as Hoseok ushers (in whispers and stutters) Saera into the house.

"Whoa, your house is as big as Jongin-oppa's!" Saera looks around, and Hoseok leads her over to the sitting room, where he lets her sit down (on Seokjin's favourite chair).

"Your whole face is red, Hobi," Saera smiles. "Are you having a fever?" Her expression suddenly turns serious. "Do you need medicine?" 

"N-NO!" Hoseok cries, and catches himself, clearing his throat, "U-Um, no." He's going to be as bad as Yoongi-hyung in terms of confessing skills. 

"You can tell me anything, Hobi," Saera's smile returns, and Hoseok is sure that smile is brighter than his, even though Seokjin keeps on assuring that he has the brightest smile in the world, able to rival the sun. 

"Come on, Hobi, what is it?" 

Hoseok nearly throws the chocolates at her as his face flames even more, if that's even possible. "IREALLYLIKEYOUSAERAWILLYOUBEMYVALENTINE'S?!" 

"Whoa, slow down, Hobi," Saera giggles, taking the chocolates from Hoseok, who looks like a tomato now. He bites his lip again, and Saera has got to grin at how cute he's being.

"I...I really l-like you, Saera...will you...be my Valentine's?"

"Of course!" Saera laughs. hugging Hoseok around his neck. Hoseok, taken by surprise, eyes widen and laughs, on cloud nine. Saera just agreed to be his Valentine! She just agreed! 

This has got to be his best day ever.

*************************************************************

"You're okay with your cousin being my brother's Valentine?" 

"She was going to find a husband eventually. Why not marry her off earlier?" Jongin grins, earning a slap on the arm from Seokjin.

"Hyuuuuuunngg!" Hoseok runs into the room, Saera's hand in his, and asks. "Can we go to that ice-cream place?" 

"Oh, that place?" Seokjin looks over at Saera, who looks just as excited as his dongsaeng is. "Sure, but I'm coming with you." 

"I don't trust you with my baby cousin," Jongin says. "I'm coming too." 

"This is gonna be so fun!" Hoseok cries. "There are really cool flavours with mint and green tea and Milo..." 

"Really?!" Saera's practically jumping now. "I wanna try!" 

The two rush out the door, without even waiting for their brother/cousin. 

"Can we go to the ice-cream place too?" Jungkook suddenly appears by Seokjin's side, followed by Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon. Seokjin sighs and agrees, before yelling up to Yoongi to take care of himself, in which a grunt is his only response.

Valentine's Day is a success.

*****************************************************************